Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Lyon  (Read 68957 times)

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Lyon
« Reply #120 on: November 4, 2009, 10:14:56 pm »
fucking gutted.

thought masch and lucas were very good.

Lucas has been our player of the season so far, which is quite a feat considering Alonso's loss is what everyone is pinning our form on.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Linton

• Kopite
« Reply #121 on: November 4, 2009, 10:14:58 pm »
We don't play fantastic but I think we were due a break today and nearly. When we SHOULD have the rub of the green we dont get it.

Offline Hulting

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 4, 2009, 10:15:09 pm »
i hate lyon!!!

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: November 4, 2009, 10:15:11 pm »
As it stands if Lyon win at Fiorentina, we only need to beat them at Anfield. If it's a draw, we need to beat Fiorentina 3-0.
Does having to score 3 to go through in your final game sound familiar?

I feel a classic CL night at Anfield coming on.

The French don't give a shit now. It's out of our hands.

Offline Bugsy Siegel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #124 on: November 4, 2009, 10:15:11 pm »
love how some of you are big enough fans to stiLl be happy even though we've only got 5 POINTS OUT OF OUR LAST 8 MATCHES.

cheers, mate. you really are something else.

the club is better than that. that is unacceptable

Offline TheReturnof7heKing

• Anny Roader
« Reply #125 on: November 4, 2009, 10:15:17 pm »
Rafa needs to go. I'm sick of his ego-driven bollocks dragging the club through the mud. 10 seasons is too many. We need Mourinho in. He's shown he can win on a budget and show a bit of modesty whilst doing so.

:)
SoS Membership Number:  4280
----------------------------------------

Thanks for everything Rafa

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #126 on: November 4, 2009, 10:15:19 pm »
Fucking gutted but then again, maybe we can concentrate on the league now. Fuck the Europa Cup.

Seriously, wtf this season that we cannot defend for ten minutes. Its a good thing Reina is bald or he'd be tearing his hair out.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #127 on: November 4, 2009, 10:15:28 pm »
Gutted tonight but we need a change at the helm,its houlier syndrome again,Kenny needs to come in we,re fuoked in the league and fooked now in europe.,Rafas made too many bad signings overlooked to many players(aquero)and now were fooked...end ov..so what left for us the F.A CUP...FUCK THAT

:wanker
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #128 on: November 4, 2009, 10:15:33 pm »
If I ever see Voronin in a red shirt again I'll lose the plot, just so so bad tonight, stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the guys, who while there were still a few errors here and there played brilliantly. Thought Masch and Lucas were terrific in midfield, I fully expected to see Aquilani at some point but Rafa made a good call in keeping the partnership running because tonight it worked. I also thought Carra did a great job in his least favourite position.

While I don't want to go on and on about it, if he had stuck Benny in behind Torres and had babel on from the start, we could have had a hatful against that shower, because they were fucking hopeless. Still, if we do end up going out of the CL, at least we can say we gave it a really good go considering the circumstances, and we can go on with a full strength side and win the Europa League / UEFA Cup, whatever it is. If we do go through, i think it will be Rafa's greatest triumph, and two fingers stuck right up to the doubters. Disappointing not to win, but 10 out of 10 to the lads for effort.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #129 on: November 4, 2009, 10:15:38 pm »
The international break can't come fast enough, o wait...

Yep! So that more players can get injured. That's what has fucked us up to an extent in the first place.
YWNA

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #130 on: November 4, 2009, 10:15:42 pm »
Deflated is the word that describes me best at the moment.

Absolutely gutted, great performance by the lads but I can't help but feel the game should of been done and dusted before Babel's goal. Brilliant strike, just shows what the boy is really capable of, you just got to produce that on a regular basis Ryan!

I'm proud of the performance of most of our players, especially Lucas, who is now progressing nicely, Mascherano, who was superb and Reina who without doubt in my opinion the best goalkeeper in the world at the moment. Has he signed his new contract yet?

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 4, 2009, 10:15:43 pm »
Once again, disappointing. We should have been able to win this game. Poor defending cost us. Probably cost us the chance to advance to the play off stage. We have to hope that Lyon, who are already through, can snatch a point away at Fiorentina. Not impossible, but not likely. We can hope that they really want to win the group, but they could just as well field the Reserves. It's no longer in our hands. After 4 rounds. We can find all sorts of reasons and excuses, but it's not good enough.

Thankfully, we now have almost a week before the next game. Not giving up, but right now it feels like our season is as good as over.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #132 on: November 4, 2009, 10:15:54 pm »
Unlucky tonight, played well but there were a few lapses in concentration and mis-judged passes.

Thought Masch and Lucas were boss. Voronin didn't play as bad as Tyldesley and Beglin made out.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline rblfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #133 on: November 4, 2009, 10:15:58 pm »
fucking gutted
a great european performance, thought masch and lucas were exceptional in the middle of the park
just slack defending at the end - and sorry great goal from babs but he has to do better in trying to win that header on the edge of our box

voronin was an exception to this great performance - such a poor touch and game sense.
Oooh Oh Oooh Oh Oooh Oh
We got the best midfield in the woorrlld
Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko, Gerrard and Mascheranoooo

Offline watyeonaboot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 4, 2009, 10:16:00 pm »
Well I guess no-one will read each others’ post match comments but here’s my tuppence.

The lads were heroes tonight, they just gave themselves too much to do. Utterly decimated by injuries, with Johnson playing tonight and a CarrAgger central defence, we would have won tonight. Just so unlucky, I could weep for them.

No doubt Lyon will drop their shorts in Florence in three weeks’ time, knowing a full strength and confident Liverpool side would pose far more danger for their CL chances than a Jovetic-inspired Fiorentina ever could.

The knives will be out for Benitez but for those fans who are calling for Rafa’s sacking, I say fuck off and support another club. Drunk on success by years of overachievement, a chronic lack of finances and a board run by clowns. Rafa has still overachieved in my book and hollow as it may be, an annihilation of all the Europa League teams and the FA Cup just shows how thin the margins of defeat are, something our kneejerk fans and media friends will never understand.

Walk on!

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #135 on: November 4, 2009, 10:16:02 pm »
i can't believe you lot
we were brilliant tonight?  we were shite. did you watch the game?
our passing was piss poor. gave away the ball way too many times in possesion. agger and the greek were terrible.
didn't deserve that? the greek almost handwrapped a goal to lisandro earlier.

if anything lyon should have won.

some of you need to get a grip on reality. it doesn't make u any less of a fan to criticize your team when things are going badly.

i'll repeat, it doesn't make you any less of a fan to criticize your team when things are going badly

tonight was not a good performance, despite what some are saying

Unreal this, seriously. And I'm not a 'In Rafa We Trust' kind of poster on here, but if you think we were shit, there's something wrong with you or you just came to that conclusion half before the game because everyone's been telling everyone how bad we are.

Controlled the game for long periods, they had about 2 chances, we should have won. Bad defending for their goal, but can't quite believe some people are saying we were SHIT?
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #136 on: November 4, 2009, 10:16:07 pm »
One day this will all stop and we'll get back to winning ways. I look forward to that day.

The danger with that is, we're creating too much damage at the minute and could nothing to play for once we 'get back to winning ways'.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 4, 2009, 10:16:10 pm »
Very proud of the players. We are still in it. I'm not buying the whole Lyon won't wanna beat Fiorentina. They will wanna finish top of the group.

I can see a magical night at Anfield.

Offline greebo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #138 on: November 4, 2009, 10:16:25 pm »
fucking gutted.

thought masch and lucas were very good.

lucas and masch were good.

but do we really need 2 defensive midfielders?????

Offline beadlehand

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #139 on: November 4, 2009, 10:16:34 pm »
from joy to despair for me but we have to take it as hard as it is.

Rafa won't be hounded out. i doubt he even reads the papers. if he does it's probably to have a laugh with Sammy Lee.

we'll push to the end but if we don't get through we'll have to try and win the UEFA cup. and Especially the league.

that equalizer was gut wrenching

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 4, 2009, 10:16:35 pm »
Eat shit and die you fucking cocksucker.

made me chuckle that

Offline starlightshadow

• fickle f*cker
  • Kopite
« Reply #141 on: November 4, 2009, 10:16:42 pm »
Strangely enough Dunphy doesn't seem to have said anything too much controversial about tonight. Usual bollocks from Whelan though.

Shit season gets even worse. Rafa did all he could, and fair play to him for that. The players pushed themselves to their relative abilities, whatever those abilities are. Is it fair to "blame" them for not being very good.

Absolutely gutted. Lyon will go to italy in what is for them a dead rubber. Can't see them pushing themselves there.
JFT96

'I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.'

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #142 on: November 4, 2009, 10:16:42 pm »
can't believe people are discussing the permutations. its out of our hands due to a sloppy piece of defending and we'll need more than lady luck.

I was surprised how poor Lyon were and we created enough even with a weakened side to finish them off.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #143 on: November 4, 2009, 10:16:52 pm »
Quick message for all the dickheads with 2 posts coming on, slagging Rafa, and stopping the site from working: Piss off, it's doing my tits in.
Could not agree more.Closet mancs,actual mancs and just general clueless twats overloading the site lately.Are new registrations still open?

Out of the goals that have gone in against us this season that one hurt the most. :(
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #144 on: November 4, 2009, 10:16:56 pm »
lucas and masch were good.

but do we really need 2 defensive midfielders?????

Two isn't enough the way we're playing at the moment.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 4, 2009, 10:16:59 pm »
Lyon will want to finish top.  I think Lyon have got more than enough in  the tank to get a win or a draw away to the Italians.

Thank god its head to head rather than goal difference.  We'd be fooked.

Come on Lyon are French and they hate us with a passion. Can't see anything but a Fio win to be honest.

Can see some mind games from Rafa before that one though which will be interesting.
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline Gus the teenage cow

• "Yeah but not but yeah but no but yeah, roight?"
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #146 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:00 pm »
masch and lucas were outstanding, feel sorry for them

voronin either is not good enough or his confidence is shot, he should never wear the shirt again and try his luck elsewhere, a fresh start to renew his confidence

referee was disgusting, reminded me of the spanish prick who reffed the qf at the bridge last year, he gave them a free every time their players went to ground even if we played the ball, he also added 2 minutes of injury time, one of which was them celebrating...really i hope someone has his e-mail address because I'd like to ask him some questions. A belgian ref for a Lyon game when it's well known their club is extremely popular there, hmmm

torres substituion changed nothing

the greek is limited and it cost us

i still maintain that kuyt and insua although honest tryers should not be first choices on a world-class team, both have serious limitations

we played well and deserved to win but if your finishing is poor and you make errors at the back you don't win games, it's a simple game and despite midfield dominance we feck it up when it counts

it's only football and nobody died but it sure felt like someone had after the lisandro goal, what an anti-climax, it will consign babel's goal to the obsolete corner, which is probably fair enough because despite his immense raw talent, it is a talent that will not be honed at Liverpool

As for the manager, I've been a staunch defender of his for his whole tenure but I am losing faith, a season that is all but finished in November is depressing especially after being so close last season. People will talk about Alonso, lack of transfer funds, injuries - that is all excuses, WE HAVE FAILED BADLY THIS SEASON, THE TEAM, ALL THE PLAYERS AND STAFF HAVE LET US DOWN AND I EXPECTED BETTER, I still think we'll get top four and go on a decent run in the league when all the key players are fit but that means nothing to me, the big two trophies are, barring a miracle gone...and Rafa has possibly used up his quota of miracles all ready. We have had bad luck this season but the fact is, the squad is not good enough (we got away with it last season) and a lot of his acquisitions simply haven't performed. I still rate him highly as a tactician and technical coach but as a judge of player he is so-so. I don't think anything can be gained by sacking him simply because it would require a large negotiated payout and moreover I can't think of an alternative manager who could do any better with the resources at his disposal. It's all very depressing, like watching your sister getting beaten up and not being able to do anything about it.

Just heartbreaking at the moment

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:01 pm »
Nobody is happy, you complete fucking tool.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:14 pm »
love how some of you are big enough fans to stiLl be happy even though we've only got 5 POINTS OUT OF OUR LAST 8 MATCHES.

cheers, mate. you really are something else.

the club is better than that. that is unacceptable

You have no clue, have you?
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #149 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:17 pm »
lucas+masch+aquilani = we have a world class international/interchangable centre mid. brazil, argentina, italy.

Offline PepesPetCrocodile

• ...is now a lovely handbag
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #150 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:18 pm »
Very proud of the players. We are still in it. I'm not buying the whole Lyon won't wanna beat Fiorentina. They will wanna finish top of the group.

I can see a magical night at Anfield.

Yep, I genuinely believe Fiorentina will bottle it. Lyon can play with a bit of freedom out there and have the game to exploit any nervous stuff. Hopefully their defenders are back then aswell.

It'll come down to us v Fiorentina.

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #151 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:24 pm »
You said it honey
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #152 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:33 pm »
The danger with that is, we're creating too much damage at the minute and could nothing to play for once we 'get back to winning ways'.

The Fa Cup and the Europa League but they not good enough?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Smithy.

• Main Stander
« Reply #153 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:39 pm »
Fucking gutted.
Great goal by Babel.
Unlucky goal to concede, but then agian we have not been having much luck recently.
Hopefully Lyon will win in Florence to give us a glimpse of a chance.

Walk on.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #154 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:41 pm »
i thought we would see aqulliani tonight for 15 or 20 mins

mash was back to his best, agger was good

babel did more with one swing of his foot that voro did for 65 mins

Offline Il Nina

• Legacy Fan
  • I just can't get enough...
« Reply #155 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:42 pm »
so GUTTED!!! We didn't deserve that  :(

What a goal by Babel!!! Most members of the team stepped up today. The likes of Voronin just didn't. And that ref did my head in for most of the game!

I feel so hard done to lol. Really feel sorry for our team! Positives though, they played better!
“Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.”

Offline mig

• Legacy Fan
  • Bringing back better days
« Reply #156 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:43 pm »
Very difficult now as we've got to hope Fiorentina screw up. Better improve on our -2 GD as well, so we need to tonk Debrecen to be sure.

Offline Conquistadors

• "We're doomed, I tell you, we're all doooooomed!" - wails and gnashes teeth a lot.....
  • Main Stander
« Reply #157 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:43 pm »
Fiorentina will bottle this, mark my words.

I believe

Offline finchy1972

• Legacy Fan
  • Here's a story of a poor boy
« Reply #158 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:47 pm »
Rafa needs to go. I'm sick of his ego-driven bollocks dragging the club through the mud. 10 seasons is too many. We need Mourinho in. He's shown he can win on a budget and show a bit of modesty whilst doing so.
[/qu
wheres my line i've got a big un
Whatever we are , we are , whatever we will be is yet to be written .

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #159 on: November 4, 2009, 10:17:53 pm »
A tremendous performance by one and all. Sometimes it doesnt quite go for you. Fernando normally buries that sort of chance he had in the first half.

Kyrgiakos, Voronin and Babel are nor elite players. Agger catching Carra's new desire to physically haul down opposition forwards is not good.
Rafa has limited room for manoeuvre.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"