Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Lyon  (Read 69035 times)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Lyon
« Reply #240 on: November 4, 2009, 10:25:03 pm »
can't believe people are discussing the permutations. its out of our hands due to a sloppy piece of defending and we'll need more than lady luck.

I was surprised how poor Lyon were and we created enough even with a weakened side to finish them off.

Yes. They had almost nothing since they skyed all their freekicks from decent positions. Should have scored earlier, but we should definitely have been able to keep the lead for just a few minutes.

We are really poor at the moment. 8 games and 1 1 6 is simply terrible. This group was there for the taking. We all thought we got a good or at least decent draw and now we're destined for the Euro League. Just because we are not up to it. 1-0 at home against CL first timers Debrecen is our best result so far.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: November 4, 2009, 10:25:05 pm »
when rafa complains about funds this next summer.....

...let not forget these past 2 weeks

fuck off with this bollocks what has these two weeks got to do with needing some money for better players
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Bugsy Siegel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #242 on: November 4, 2009, 10:25:06 pm »
Look... Why not run along to your Manc websites and do us a favour... you have spoke tripe now fella... give it a rest

go away you troll.

sad life you must have if u enjoy having so many e-friends

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #243 on: November 4, 2009, 10:25:10 pm »
What I don't get is all the stick Kyrgiakos is getting. He made a huge mistake, but not when we conceded. It was the header that almost turned into an assist for the Lyon-striker (whoever that was). The goal was just a fuck up by our whole defence except Carra. Insua misses the header, Agger gets caught in No-Man's land and Kyrgiakos has problems dealing with the two attackers. But then again how could you blame them? Agger certainly is still quite rusty from his long injury, Kyrgiakos has been at the club for five minutes or so and all in all we had to play a new back four once again...

Offline starlightshadow

• fickle f*cker
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #244 on: November 4, 2009, 10:25:27 pm »
Looks like it's between the Greek and Voronin for this weeks scapegoat.

They're not scapegoats, they're just not very good. There's a difference.
JFT96

'I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.'

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #245 on: November 4, 2009, 10:25:27 pm »
The Fa Cup and the Europa League but they not good enough?

Compared to the league and Champions League? No.

We all had incredible high aspirations at the start of this season - in both competitions. To be in the position we are in now - needing other teams to fuck up bigtime (in both the league and CL) is not good enough. 

Offline Jason McG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: November 4, 2009, 10:25:33 pm »
You're probably a very good "fan". You're just not a supporter. Or if you are, you're a very shit one.

couldn't have put that better!
I'm so fucking angry I'm rubbing my face!!!

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: November 4, 2009, 10:25:34 pm »
Exactly. Now we just have to cross our fingers and hope when he takes us into the Champions League, we don't get drawn against any team who finished above 3rd in their league.
Agreed but personally i think stuart pearce is the man to take this team forward bright young english manager.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #248 on: November 4, 2009, 10:25:42 pm »
lucas and masch were good.

but do we really need 2 defensive midfielders?????

the way our defense is playing we could probably do with a 3rd
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: November 4, 2009, 10:25:45 pm »
I think florientina will beat Lyon. I base that on how they played tonight, piss poor and are through. Lyon have qualified now, although mathmatically possible I think given our squad depth, quality we are bound for the Europa league. A trip to hamburg in may anyone?

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #250 on: November 4, 2009, 10:25:54 pm »
Exactly. Now we just have to cross our fingers and hope when he takes us into the Champions League, we don't get drawn against any team who finished above 3rd in their league.

Weren't the Mancs the then current PL champions?
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #251 on: November 4, 2009, 10:25:59 pm »
If it makes anybody feel better, Barca are more or less in the same position.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: November 4, 2009, 10:26:01 pm »
at that year they already had Carvalho, Bosingwa, Paulo Ferreira, Deco, Quaresma(?), etc - it's like coaching Portugal national team...and they've played together for quite long time

winning football on a budget? so how do you think of Chelsea and Internazionale?

Still pulling people in here! Beautiful.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline rafa forever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: November 4, 2009, 10:26:02 pm »
Words can't actually describe how i'm feeling right now.
I think at times we shown how good we are. Even without Gerrard.
I'm just going to look at positives, Babel got a goal. Lucas played well (again) we got a point and ARE STILL in the champions league.
Trade count +17

Through the thick and thin.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #254 on: November 4, 2009, 10:26:26 pm »
Compared to the league and Champions League? No.

We all had incredible high aspirations at the start of this season - in both competitions. To be in the position we are in now - needing other teams to fuck up bigtime (in both the league and CL) is not good enough. 

Well get over and lets try and win some silverware.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Pheeny

« Reply #255 on: November 4, 2009, 10:26:27 pm »

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #256 on: November 4, 2009, 10:26:32 pm »
i can't believe you lot

we were brilliant tonight?  we were shite. did you watch the game?

our passing was piss poor. gave away the ball way too many times in possesion. agger and the greek were terrible.

didn't deserve that? the greek almost handwrapped a goal to lisandro earlier.

if anything lyon should have won.

some of you need to get a grip on reality. it doesn't make u any less of a fan to criticize your team when things are going badly.

i'll repeat, it doesn't make you any less of a fan to criticize your team when things are going badly

tonight was not a good performance, despite what some are saying

That has got to be one of the all time classics. Thank you so much.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: November 4, 2009, 10:26:47 pm »
when rafa complains about funds this next summer.....

...let not forget these past 2 weeks

Yep, the injury crisis has been bad.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline torres09

• Main Stander
  • - Above us only Sky -
« Reply #258 on: November 4, 2009, 10:26:52 pm »
Out of the champions league,end of ! (hope this comment comes back to hunt me),doubt it though...those jammy lyon bastards,hope they get fucked next round,they more than likely will.

We'll win the Uefa cup? will we fuck - we couldn't win the fucking conference league cup on this form. things need to change badly,and there's some good teams in the UEFA cup,we need rid of half of those usless bastards such as voronin,he's fucking trash,if he was a racehorse he would be fucking shot as he's effectivly fucking useless.

I'm absuloutly devastated,anger,dejection,every emotion possible,its horrible,just fucking horrible,we didn't deserve this,we played brilliant,if it was over two legs we'd be loving it,but it's not and it looks like we're fucked. Fair play lucas tonight,surprised me.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2009, 10:28:53 pm by torres09 »

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #259 on: November 4, 2009, 10:27:05 pm »
how the fuck am i shit a fan

because i am not blind like so many on here

PEOPLE THINK RAFA IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB

DO YOU SUPPORT RAFA FC OR LIVERPOOL FC

Well, rather than putting your posts in caps to prove how angry you are, fucking tell us all how you'd change things? Who would you bring in then?
Sick to death of Rafa out merchants shouting the odds and then not ever putting forward a decent replacement or argument as to how we'd improve under them ...
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #260 on: November 4, 2009, 10:27:07 pm »
Weren't the Mancs the then current PL champions?

And they finished 3rd behind Arsenal and Chelsea that season?
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #261 on: November 4, 2009, 10:27:41 pm »
Rafa needs to go. I'm sick of his ego-driven bollocks dragging the club through the mud. 10 seasons is too many. We need Mourinho in. He's shown he can win on a budget and show a bit of modesty whilst doing so.
Yeah Great idea, Sack Rafa pay him 20m compo, pay a fortune for Mourinho, who ll want  rid of Rafa's backroom(more compo) lose the likes of Torres, Reina and Masch, which the Yanks will take the profits for, so no money to buy new players. Top Idea that lad. We are in the best hands possible with Rafa in charge.
Oh Rafa has an ego, yet you want Mourinho, ha ha
And Mourinho can work with a budget, yeah some budget he had at Chelsea. Yes ok he did well at Porto. But Rafa won 2 Spanish Titles and UEFA on budget. Not to mention what he has done here on a budget
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline watyeonaboot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: November 4, 2009, 10:27:44 pm »
They're not scapegoats, they're just not very good. There's a difference.

Exactly. I'll excuse Kyrgiakos, although it was Voro's chance to bury bad feelings forever tonight.

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: November 4, 2009, 10:27:49 pm »
Feel a bit sick after that, so underserving. Bossed the game, great performances from Masch, Lucas, Agger, Benayoun and Insua, unbelivable goal from Babel and then let down by a small defensive mistake in the final minutes.

When things aren't going your way they just aren't. Then you see the likes of Manchester United getting equalisers from jammy deflections when they don't play half as well as we did. That's just the way things are going at the moment, hopefully our luck will change soon because we're owed an absolutely massive dose of it and I pray that the Gods of football decide to issue it for the Fiorentina-Lyon game.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #264 on: November 4, 2009, 10:27:53 pm »
Sloppy finishing, compounded by sloppy defending.

I think we are done now in this competition. We have to be realistic and look at the whole picture. We haven't been good enough in this competition, which is why we are where we are right now, staring down the barrel of elimination from the group. It's not a knee-jerk reaction, the table doesn't lie and the truth is right now, we're not good enough, and haven't been good enough, for a 'Liverpool Team' all season. It's hard to take, but it's the way it is right now.

Looking at Lyon tonight, they'd be lucky to stay on the right side of a 3-0 thrashing by Fiorentina - Lyon were poor. And for all the possession and all the missed chances, to get a draw, to score only one goal against Lyon tonight, confirms we're just not and are not good enough to progress any further. Lyon will not beat Fiorentina, and we will go out. All the YNWA's, 'believe's and will not convince me otherwise. It's a pessimistic, but realistic outlook.

We have to make a decision. Rafa, if it's true he looks 4 or 5 games ahead, needs to wind up concentration in this comp and focus on the league. It may sound madness, but with some more big games coming up, another frankly fucking pointless International as well, and nearly half the squad, injured, tired, ill or in need of operations, we need to take stock. Continue throwing limited and valuable resources at a comp which we have next to no chance of progressing out of, or a League, in which we are equally as dire, but which is fundamental to ensuring our chances of being in the CL next year?

With Babels goal I thought we could just do it, but once we surrendered again, I knew that we'd come as far as we could in this comp - it's time to accept what's happening and channel our time, energy and resources into other area's which need just as much if not more attention.

I'm gutted about tonight, totally gutted, but it's time to change priorities.

I agree
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: November 4, 2009, 10:28:15 pm »
Fuck me, Juan Loco, your keepnet is going to be full at this rate!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #266 on: November 4, 2009, 10:28:20 pm »
I think florientina will beat Lyon. I base that on how they played tonight, piss poor and are through. Lyon have qualified now, although mathmatically possible I think given our squad depth, quality we are bound for the Europa league. A trip to hamburg in may anyone?

Who knows? Lyon may want to finish top.

And the Europa League is not good enough for some of our 'fans' so might be spares kicking around if we get there!
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #267 on: November 4, 2009, 10:28:38 pm »
What happened with the injury time tonight?

There was 1 minute and 58 seconds added on. They scored in the 90th minute, no? There were at least 4 substitutions, no?

30 seconds per goal celebration
30 seconds per substitution
= at least 3 minutes.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #268 on: November 4, 2009, 10:28:41 pm »
Yeah Great idea, Sack Rafa pay him 20m compo, pay a fortune for Mourinho, who ll want  rid of Rafa's backroom(more compo) lose the likes of Torres, Reina and Masch, which the Yanks will take the profits for, so no money to buy new players. Top Idea that lad. We are in the best hands possible with Rafa in charge.
Oh Rafa has an ego, yet you want Mourinho, ha ha
And Mourinho can work with a budget, yeah some budget he had at Chelsea. Yes ok he did well at Porto. But Rafa won 2 Spanish Titles and UEFA on budget. Not to mention what he has done here on a budget

Boo-Ya
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline finchy1972

• Legacy Fan
  • Here's a story of a poor boy
« Reply #269 on: November 4, 2009, 10:28:44 pm »
Got to say we played really well , there keeper had a good game and we missed some great chances but hey hoe lets fuckin press on we've still a lot to play for , its not over .
Whatever we are , we are , whatever we will be is yet to be written .

Offline kopilot

• Kopite
  • far east
« Reply #270 on: November 4, 2009, 10:28:57 pm »
Still pulling people in here! Beautiful.
haha...i just read the reply...shit :p removed it

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #271 on: November 4, 2009, 10:28:57 pm »
Just gutted.... all the fuck wits will be out in force over next few days.... :(

Media black out for me, and I'm digging my tin hat out.

Watching Carra now.  The man's truly gutted.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Bugsy Siegel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #272 on: November 4, 2009, 10:28:58 pm »
fuck off with this bollocks what has these two weeks got to do with needing some money for better players

no doubt we're going to lose out on some big cash by not advancing in the CL

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: November 4, 2009, 10:28:59 pm »
Played well tonight.

should of won. Clearly we should not getting the rub of the green at the min.

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: November 4, 2009, 10:28:59 pm »
That has got to be one of the all time classics. Thank you so much.

Great sig!  ;D

Offline Conquistadors

• "We're doomed, I tell you, we're all doooooomed!" - wails and gnashes teeth a lot.....
  • Main Stander
« Reply #275 on: November 4, 2009, 10:29:03 pm »
If it makes anybody feel better, Barca are more or less in the same position.

Bayern are in a worse position than Barca

Offline usernamefc

• Kinky Winky Apiary Japery
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: November 4, 2009, 10:29:11 pm »
Feel absolutely gutted.

Offline greebo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #277 on: November 4, 2009, 10:29:32 pm »

Hamburg!! hell yeah.

remember dortmund in 2001?? what a great time.

will be the shining star in a poor season!!

seems the best chance of sucess this year.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #278 on: November 4, 2009, 10:29:34 pm »
go away you troll.

sad life you must have if u enjoy having so many e-friends

Fuck off you Manc c*nt

Offline Arthur Phillipson

• and half some mother's son, but she's not claimed him yet.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #279 on: November 4, 2009, 10:29:35 pm »
I honestly think Andriy Voronin would not get a game in the Coca-Cola Championship.