Author Topic: YANKS OUT  (Read 55629 times)

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: YANKS OUT
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2009, 07:16:19 pm »
Just catching up with the latest edition of Carra's biography and he confirms the info that  there was a 400m+ (I'm going from memory) offer from the Sheikh and Gillett wanted to sell, but Hicks got greedy. That, together with the credit crunch, which will affect the global economy for many more years, is the crux of the problem.

exactly. which is why I suggest in my above post that we (SOS) might be wise to target this very issue with him very personally, rather than just "owners out", and make it about him acting so clearly in his own interest rather than in the interest of the club, and hence an unfit custodian. Make deliberate, continual and public requests to him to sell at a reasonable price, not his artificially leveraged price. Even Gillett might agree with this.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2009, 07:23:48 pm »
exactly. which is why I suggest in my above post that we (SOS) might be wise to target this very issue with him very personally, rather than just "owners out", and make it about him acting so clearly in his own interest rather than in the interest of the club, and hence an unfit custodian. Make deliberate, continual and public requests to him to sell at a reasonable price, not his artificially leveraged price. Even Gillett might agree with this.

If I recall, it was some £500m and he wanted £1b. What an idiot! The only way one can explain it is that his excessive greed clouded the reality staring him in the face. He would have made a handsome profit and would have handed over the club to what I consider to be a very good custodian. Yes, as you say Manifest, he is clearly an unfit custodian.

SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2009, 07:28:24 pm »
My take on it is that they are convinced the club will get individual screening rights to all their games for which the can then charge all the viewers in Asia etc whatever they feel nd eventually get to sell the club with that income stream up and running for whatever figure they dream up. Gillett could well be dead by that time tho.

good point that, what happens if GG kicks the bucket? dont tell me Hicks get his shares.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2009, 07:30:34 pm »
good point that, what happens if GG kicks the bucket? dont tell me Hicks get his shares.

Ever heard of a little document called a will
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2009, 07:41:20 pm »
Ever heard of a little document called a will

Knowing these two Hicks wrote that for him.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2009, 07:52:30 pm »
The club is working at a profit with a massive turn over, I would say it is very attractive to potential buyers, it would only be a problem if the debt owed was more than club value, I would say their is at least 40% equity in Liverpool football club.

Why is it attractive? Massive debt and new stadium needed to be built.
You say yourself in your previous post that it would take years to see a return and pay off the debts yet now you say it is very attractive. Bit of a contradiction don't you think?

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2009, 09:32:09 pm »
Why is it attractive? Massive debt and new stadium needed to be built.
You say yourself in your previous post that it would take years to see a return and pay off the debts yet now you say it is very attractive. Bit of a contradiction don't you think?

I said that it would take the owners years to pay off the debt, if new owners brought the club outright their would be no debt loaded on the club. How is that a contradiction?

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2009, 09:42:27 pm »
With our relatively small profit how many years would it take to see a return on an investement of approx £400 million needed to buy the club.

Exactly.......for that reason i am out.
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2009, 10:42:47 pm »
I have asked myself these questions so many times over the last 12 months and still don't understand what they are hoping to get out of it. Why would anyone pay the price they want to take over the ownership of our club. It just doesn't seem like a good investment, especially as it would require the building of the new stadium. Can't work it out.

I've posed this question a few times.  Why are they here? Where is the end game?  What sort of twisted pot of gold can they see at the end of the rainbow?

They don't give a fuck about the club obviously, not in terms of how you and I and typical supporters care.  They obviously do give a massive toss as to how profitable it is.

Anyway, a brief reminder of their legacy to date;

Purchased the club with rhetoric, 'this deal is not the same as Man Utd - no debt will go onto the club' Lie.

Spade in the ground in 60 days; Lie (many embarrassing excuses since then - bird migration in Stanley Pk, etc, then luckily for them they hid behind the credit crunch.  People forget that when they took over and promised a new stadium the credit crunch was 18 months in the future).

Attempting to sign Klinsmann and get shot of Rafa 'cos he wasn't a 'yes' man; Disgrace

Hicks and his Sky interview with blazing fire (in Texas heat) and LFC mug, all for the sky cameras; much too close for comfort to Hillsborough.

Not providing Rafa with the funds to purchase Barry last season - having us pull out at 11th hour making us look like well, just silly.

Apparently turning down generous and realistic offers last close season because he was a greedy bastard.

Spending fuck all net on players this close season.  Using the transfer funds to reduce the loan.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2009, 10:43:51 pm »
I said that it would take the owners years to pay off the debt, if new owners brought the club outright their would be no debt loaded on the club. How is that a contradiction?

Ok, so you are saying that it is very attractive to potential buyers. If the new owner bought it outright how long would it take him to see a return in his investment? A long long time, so how is that attractive?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2009, 10:56:30 pm »

For new owners to buy the club outright they'd need to pay off all the debt (say £250m - £300m) and then enough on top (say £100m) to give the two greedy bastards a profit at the level they'd be willing to sell for.  So potentially 000,000's in excess of what the club is actually 'worth'.

And then of course they'd need to think about raising the funds say £400m for a new stadium.

The state LFC is in now that sort of purchase is only going to appeal to a 'man city' type vanity purchase.  There doesn't seem to be any of those.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2009, 11:09:07 pm »
For new owners to buy the club outright they'd need to pay off all the debt (say £250m - £300m) and then enough on top (say £100m) to give the two greedy bastards a profit at the level they'd be willing to sell for.  So potentially 000,000's in excess of what the club is actually 'worth'.

And then of course they'd need to think about raising the funds say £400m for a new stadium.

The state LFC is in now that sort of purchase is only going to appeal to a 'man city' type vanity purchase.  There doesn't seem to be any of those.

Correct, and even if they were to sell for the amount of the debt only and the new owners didn't even build a new stadium the amount of time taken to get the money back would make it very unattractive. Like you say the type of owners who would be interested in this are very thin on the ground, if they exist at all.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2009, 11:19:24 pm »
Print em off and stick em in yer windows at home and in yer motors , infact anywhere , no flyposting obviously.

the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2009, 11:21:36 pm »
I've posed this question a few times.  Why are they here? Where is the end game?  What sort of twisted pot of gold can they see at the end of the rainbow?

They don't give a fuck about the club obviously, not in terms of how you and I and typical supporters care.  They obviously do give a massive toss as to how profitable it is.

Anyway, a brief reminder of their legacy to date;

Purchased the club with rhetoric, 'this deal is not the same as Man Utd - no debt will go onto the club' Lie.

Spade in the ground in 60 days; Lie (many embarrassing excuses since then - bird migration in Stanley Pk, etc, then luckily for them they hid behind the credit crunch.  People forget that when they took over and promised a new stadium the credit crunch was 18 months in the future).

Attempting to sign Klinsmann and get shot of Rafa 'cos he wasn't a 'yes' man; Disgrace

Hicks and his Sky interview with blazing fire (in Texas heat) and LFC mug, all for the sky cameras; much too close for comfort to Hillsborough.

Not providing Rafa with the funds to purchase Barry last season - having us pull out at 11th hour making us look like well, just silly.

Apparently turning down generous and realistic offers last close season because he was a greedy bastard.

Spending fuck all net on players this close season.  Using the transfer funds to reduce the loan.

Them things go through my mind every day, I still dont know why they are hanging around for like a turd that wont flush. Only they know the answers why.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2009, 11:33:21 pm »
Them things go through my mind every day, I still dont know why they are hanging around for like a turd that wont flush. Only they know the answers why.

I think if they could turn the clock back 12 months the club would be in different hands.  The greedy fucks however didn't realise the depth of the impending recession at the time and were holding out for an obscene profit.

Now they are where they are, unfortunately.  Constantly treading water, extending loans, defaulting at whichever 'franchise' results in the lesser penalty, etc.  There are no buyers.  Even they have realised they can't bullshit even the gullible no more.  Hence the silence.

Some apologists hit out at us all listening to 'tabloid rhetoric' etc.  Well I go on evidence.  And evidence lately is the lack of cash available for signings.  And hence the lack of signings.

We're stuck with the bastards.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2009, 11:38:09 pm »
Ok, so you are saying that it is very attractive to potential buyers. If the new owner bought it outright how long would it take him to see a return in his investment? A long long time, so how is that attractive?

Its Liverpool football club, this alone makes it attractive.
From a business point of view it is the potential of the club and it's brand name. Sponsorship for example is half of that United receive each year.
If an owner came in and invested in the team then success on the pitch would bring success off of it.
Their is very few investments that see immidiate returns.

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2009, 11:44:56 pm »
From a business point of view it is the potential of the club and it's brand name. Sponsorship for example is half of that United receive each year.
If an owner came in and invested in the team then success on the pitch would bring success off of it.

Well it took Moores and Parry three years to find these two muppets to pay £220M, why would anyone pay more now in the current climate with the added debts? No one would invest in something without a vision of a return on their investment. Unfortunately without the new ground we haven't a chance of bringing the right level of return for a new owner.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2009, 11:51:24 pm »
Well it took Moores and Parry three years to find these two muppets to pay £220M, why would anyone pay more now in the current climate with the added debts? No one would invest in something without a vision of a return on their investment. Unfortunately without the new ground we haven't a chance of bringing the right level of return for a new owner.

I dont know, I just think maybe more in hope than anything else that someone will come in with a passion for football, a lot of ambition and quite happy to just cover what they have put in.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2009, 11:51:43 pm »

It's attractive to you and us because we support Liverpool.  It's not necessarily attractive to your average investor.  H&G purchased the club for £220m.  However the debt generated from that initial purchase and subsequent dealings has seen the liability to the banks lie somewhere between £250-£300m.

H&G, being greedy bastards, will want say £50m profit each.  Not because they done anything or invested but simply because that's the world in which they exist.

It's fair to assume no investor will reap much in the way of benefits without a new ground.  This will cost between £350m-£400m.

So worst case scenario you're looking at a potential new investor having to shell out £700 - £800m for a club which was purchased for £220m by the current greedy bastards.

What mug will buy us?

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2009, 11:59:06 pm »
It's attractive to you and us because we support Liverpool.  It's not necessarily attractive to your average investor.  H&G purchased the club for £220m.  However the debt generated from that initial purchase and subsequent dealings has seen the liability to the banks lie somewhere between £250-£300m.

H&G, being greedy bastards, will want say £50m profit each.  Not because they done anything or invested but simply because that's the world in which they exist.

It's fair to assume no investor will reap much in the way of benefits without a new ground.  This will cost between £350m-£400m.

So worst case scenario you're looking at a potential new investor having to shell out £700 - £800m for a club which was purchased for £220m by the current greedy bastards.

What mug will buy us?

If one set of mugs are prepared to pay 80m for one player, im sure somewhere out their is someone willing to buy our whole club lock stock and barrel, no?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2009, 12:02:15 am »
If one set of mugs are prepared to pay 80m for one player, im sure somewhere out their is someone willing to buy our whole club lock stock and barrel, no?

No.  It would've happened by now.  No fucker will pay what these cnuts have created.  No fucker will bail them out.  And in a twisted way I'm glad, as LFC will no doubt suffer if they do hit rock bottom.  I don't mind short term pain if that's what it takes to get shot of these two.

Offline ALECTHERED

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2009, 12:03:19 am »
The pressure needs to be cranked up and kept up boys.

By all accounts Gillett wanted out at one stage and now since the fans laid off he seems to have had a change of heart and be quite happy slotting the cash with the other c*nt.

WE are liverpool.YOU are playing for liverpool.do not forget that.You have to hold your heads up for the SUPPORTERS.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2009, 12:07:12 am »
No.  It would've happened by now.  No fucker will pay what these cnuts have created.  No fucker will bail them out.  And in a twisted way I'm glad, as LFC will no doubt suffer if they do hit rock bottom.  I don't mind short term pain if that's what it takes to get shot of these two.

You dont know that for sure, rumours are rife all the time.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2009, 12:08:20 am »
Gillett is just as bad as Hicks if not worst dont be fooled he's a sly arl bastid.

God only know what we are going to in a years time, when players will have to be sold to pay the loan my guess is masch will go cause he wants to play for Barca and rafa wont recieve a penny unless he sells more players.

Cant believe we find ourselves in such a mess, and I am very nervous about Hicks other franchises that are in trouble.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2009, 12:12:07 am »
You dont know that for sure, rumours are rife all the time.

Romours are rumours are rumours are rumours.  We've had about 4 or 5 groups buying the club in the last 18months.  Fact is we've still got Laurel and Hardy.  Who are raping the club for all it's worth.

They've leveraged the club up to the extent it's not an attractive 'buy' for anyone.

Personally don't care how it happens, but these two, the current 'owners', need to fucking go.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2009, 12:12:57 am »
The pressure needs to be cranked up and kept up boys.

By all accounts Gillett wanted out at one stage and now since the fans laid off he seems to have had a change of heart and be quite happy slotting the cash with the other c*nt.
I couldn't post in ideas for protest section but if every fan turned up at 3.05 on match day which wouldn't be hard to advertise and co-ordinate, it would send a clear message FROM ALL FANS.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2009, 12:15:22 am »
Romours are rumours are rumours are rumours.  We've had about 4 or 5 groups buying the club in the last 18months.  Fact is we've still got Laurel and Hardy.  Who are raping the club for all it's worth.

They've leveraged the club up to the extent it's not an attractive 'buy' for anyone.

Personally don't care how it happens, but these two, the current 'owners', need to fucking go.
I dont now what point your making? are you saying their is no one to bail the Yanks out or that they are not wanting to be bailed out and are quite happy?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2009, 12:16:48 am »
Gillett is just as bad as Hicks if not worst dont be fooled he's a sly arl bastid.

God only know what we are going to in a years time, when players will have to be sold to pay the loan my guess is masch will go cause he wants to play for Barca and rafa wont recieve a penny unless he sells more players.

Cant believe we find ourselves in such a mess, and I am very nervous about Hicks other franchises that are in trouble.

I've a horrible vision in 12 months of Masch going (which I think is a given anyway) and then Rafa walking after another pre season of no funds. 

Why would Gerrard and Torres want to stay after that? 

Could see Torres and Masch in Barca kit, Gerrard in Man City, and Rafa at Bernabeau.

Sounds absolutely ridiculous and doom merchantesque, but reality unfortunately with these two bastards I'm afraid.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2009, 12:18:44 am »
I dont now what point your making? are you saying their is no one to bail the Yanks out or that they are not wanting to be bailed out and are quite happy?

There are no buyers at the price it would cost to buy the club today.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2009, 12:25:03 am »
There are no buyers at the price it would cost to buy the club today.

I would say their is, I'm not sure the pair can agree to sell and why would they when it's not costing them a dime. Their lives need to be made hell, we are just not doing enough.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2009, 12:30:22 am »
I would say their is, I'm not sure the pair can agree to sell and why would they when it's not costing them a dime. Their lives need to be made hell, we are just not doing enough.

So you think there are buyers willing to pay say £400m (debts plus profit for owners) for a product which cost £220m.  then have the unenviable task of also finding an additional £400m to pay for a new stadium?

I admire your optimism.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2009, 12:59:03 am »
So you think there are buyers willing to pay say £400m (debts plus profit for owners) for a product which cost £220m.  then have the unenviable task of also finding an additional £400m to pay for a new stadium?

I admire your optimism.

A cost of 220m back then yes but the value of the club has increased reflected in the record turnover.

I am aware that it would take a certian type on invester as I have already said. If £400m is paid for a product and club which is worth 400m in todays market based on current turnover then where is the problem with that?
The investment of a new stadium costing 400m granted needs an owner with a long term vision, i would see £100m of this being accounted for by naming rights, I would invisige yearly income of 58m from match days, add to this shirt sponsership, tv revenue, merchandising, champions lg income and non match day income it is clear that its possible.

Fuck me I'm sold I'm off to raid my piggy bank.

Offline PhilAnderer

• Kopite
  • Smack my arse
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2009, 01:07:48 am »
Custodians, bollocks!

They are the boil on Liverpool FC's arse. These bastards need squeezing out like the pus that they are. These kunts are the lowest of the low. Playing god to the hundreds of thousands of LFC fans feeds their ego.

More aggressive action is needed. Next time they dare venture into the directors box everyone needs to turn on these fuckers. Scare the living daylights out of them.

I'm fucking livid and this shit has consumed my life for 2 years... And I ain't even a scouser, your angst must be magnified.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2009, 01:08:22 am »
Fuck me I'm sold I'm off to raid my piggy bank

Any chance you can chuck in a few quid from your two signing on fees, you money grabbing twat.
hi

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2009, 01:17:26 am »
Any chance you can chuck in a few quid from your two signing on fees, you money grabbing twat.
Theres always one.

Offline Redshadow77

• ARSE!!! I am you KNOW!
  • Anny Roader
  • I'm Redshadow77 and I'm NOT angry!!! LOL Honest.
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2009, 01:54:03 am »
''They are the boil on Liverpool FC's arse. These bastards need squeezing out like the pus that they are. These kunts are the lowest of the low. Playing god to the hundreds of thousands of LFC fans feeds their ego.''

Never a truer word said Philanderer;

They are leeches nothing less and certainly nothing more;  Yes we SHOULD make life unbearable for them EVERY time they visit from the moment they touch down to the moment they flee home crying that we don't understand/deserve them etc;  The boils do indeed need to be lanced and failing hiring someone with a high powered, silenced assault rifle (and I really DO think we have fans who are that angry at present which is both a shame and dangerous for the twin tw*ts) - then I think that the best way we can do it is by doing the aforementioned making their lives hell when they come here but also protesting constantly at games - like the other night but MUCH more (ala Arsenal FA Cup game in 2007) and CONSTANTLY whatever Rafa' says we MUST keep up the pressure with protests at EVERY home game, no matter what, when or who at the club says what; (I know we were doing well on that score in January 2008 until Rafa' asked us to stop it after the Villa game and lo and behold, they're STILL here - what a surprise).

Last of all though, I think we should combine all this with putting the sort of pressure on RBS to constantly unsettle those two that led to RBS writing to us before they stitched up that 'refinance' deal in July and MOST OF ALL, we need to learn from what we did to Steve Cohen and ATTACK HICKS AND GILLETTE IN THE US!!!, Do that over there - make sure those b*stards find their sponsors/business partners deserting/questioning them, themselves under attack from media and LFC fans groups (even Steve Nicol IF we can involve him), make sure they find themselves doorstepped and asked awkward questions at home/work and even having our US fans handing out fact leaflets about them outside their businesses;  Do all that in conjunction with the UK stuff and those w*nkers will soon come running to the negotiating table with whoever puts in a bid for the club, their indifference/smug aura and refusal to negotiate a sale, a distant memory;  And what's more, they'll probably snap their hands off to get rid of us after all that - How do I know? You may ask;

Well, not only did it work for us against Steve Cohen, but the fans of Corinthians in Brazil used EXACTLY this approach to Hicks (both in Brazil against his representatives at their club AND in the US against him and his interests personally) when he tried to wreck their club and he was out within about 6 - 8 months.   So if we CAN do it to Cohen and they CAN do it to Hicks, then why on earth CAN'T we do it to H & G?  Because I honestly think that only action in the US will lead to their ultimate removal, whatever we do over here and the sooner we organise said action, the better for our club as we really can't afford another year of those two f*ckers and hope to survive as a viable, contending football club;  It really IS that bad - which is why we need to move now, do what we did to Cohen but for those two make it MUCH worse, AND do it here as well as in the US, and then? Watch them fall away and get out of our club ASAP.  It CAN work, doing all this and it WILL rid us of them ultimately, but we NEED to start organising said action it now and make them realise that they've long outstayed their welcome.....................................................

NB That's what I'm saying Robbie_Keane;  Couldn't have put it better myself;  Yes, their lives DO indeed need to be ''made hell'' both in the UK to ALL their representatives, on TV, in the media, at RBS, the lot AND in the US; THEM personally, their employees, their business partners/sponsors etc, in media outlets via our US fan clubs (ALL that we did against Cohen and more), the lot.  They WILL go - they're on the brink now, have no buyer and we've already pushed Gillette to the edge twice (early 2008 and mid 2009) - ALL it would take is one (Very big) push now and Hicks would remember Corinthians, Gillette would remember he doesn't want to be there, then they'd BOTH lower the price and be gone.  But as yet, they see little opposition and are STILL holding out for a large payoff, just sitting there Mr Micawber like in the hope that ''something will turn up'', something they THINK they can get away with as we've barely gone after them since March and certainly not in public since January 2008;  Oh and to those who can't see just WHY they won't go...........2 words, TV Rights - They think we'll eventually break up the collective agreement with the Premier League AND sell our TV rights individually in England for MASSIVE profits/Income streams - THAT'S why they're hanging on by their fingertips/hanging around;  THAT'S why they just WON'T fall off the cliff they're on the edge of.  Well it's up to LFC fans to be the jackboot that KICKS them off isn't it?.........................................................
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 02:11:39 am by Redshadow77 »
The Japanese say ''Those who know don't talk while those who TALK? Don't know'';  Maybe Everton, Chelsea and United fans should try listening sometimes.......................

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2009, 09:27:29 am »
Firstly, TSC has consistently posted common sense regarding the financial dynamics of the club. I would add this. When you look at his figures and add a transfer budget over three tears of another £100m you are talking about a cash commitment of £8-900m. The Man U were bought for £650m,City for £220, and even with their £200m transfer spend are still at less than half what it might cost a new LFC owner. That is the stark reality. Furthermore, subsequent to G&Hs purchase of the club NO offer has ever been formally confirmed, or rejected, for the club.

I was opposed to their original purchase of the club, and remain opposed to their ownership.But realistically, "Yanks Out" on its own cannot work, there needs to be an alterntive, a successor.It is at that point that things will start to move.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2009, 10:25:29 am »
A cost of 220m back then yes but the value of the club has increased reflected in the record turnover.

Turnover doen't make you money though if you can't turn it into profit. A huge chunk of which has jsut been eaten up by contract improvements alone.
If you put your £400 million in the bank you would probably make more a year than our profit was.With no risk of it going tits up by failing to qualify for the cahmpions league.

No one is going to buy this club as an investement.  Our only hope is as stated earlier a vanity purchase, or the fans getting enough together.
At this moment in time both of these look very unlikely.
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2009, 12:08:37 pm »
Jack's assessment and detail match.

G&H are moveable, but it may take a campaign of sophistication and commitment to achieve it. Mere protests will simply result in a Glazer style permanent retreat Stateside.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★