Author Topic: YANKS OUT  (Read 55626 times)

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
Re: YANKS OUT
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2009, 10:42:19 pm »
You got me wrong mate, I didn't say the ST holders were tourists. I said that a large amount of our fans are tourists who don't care and a large amount are ST holders who don't care. You may be right by saying that they need educating in the matters that we are discussing because when I'm at the ground I hear a lot of fans talking and loads don't seem to understand there's a problem. As I've said in the past we get to hear a lot on this type of forum but we are the great minority, most of our fans only know what they read in the rags and we all know what means.
Apologies. Perhaps whats needed is a plan of action, setting some time limits on when certin actions kick in. Providing a plan and having people sign up to it to show G&H we do actually mean business.

Take ST renewals for example. Its too late to do anything this season as they are already sold, however, some sort of intent to refuse to renew would be of use. The same could apply to ST holders with Auto Cup schemes. If people cancelled them and sent notification to the club as to why they had done so, they would have to sit up and listen. All off the top of my head of course.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:47:09 pm by redmen77 »

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2009, 10:47:28 pm »
Is there any truth in the rumours that have been floating about for a while that G&H are up for selling at a price of £350 million, but as it stands there are no takers? If that is the case, then surely CTR's suggestion makes sense - get a few wealthy fans together, maybe with someone along the lines of Al-Ansari chipping in. That way the problems of paying such a huge amount isn't an issue as it's split up. Of course, if the Yanks aren't willing to sell then it's a lot tougher.

I don't know where this Al Ansari thing comes from Gaz. He isn't a rich man in the same way as these interested parties. He's an employee of these people, that's all.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2009, 10:49:27 pm »
Apologies. Perhaps whats needed is a plan of action, setting some time limits on when certin actions kick in. Providing a plan and having people sign up to it to show G&H we do actually mean business.

Take ST renewals for example. Its too late to do anything this season as they are already sold, however, some sort of intent to refuse to renew would be of use. The same could apply to ST holders with Auto Cup schemes. If people cancelled them and sent notification to the club as to why they had done so, they would have to sit up and listen. All off the top of my head of course.

Good intentions mate but honestly if all the ST holders were to do this there would be 20,000 others waiting to take them up and they know this so they would never even take it into consideration.

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2009, 10:53:06 pm »
Is there any truth in the rumours that have been floating about for a while that G&H are up for selling at a price of £350 million, but as it stands there are no takers? If that is the case, then surely CTR's suggestion makes sense - get a few wealthy fans together, maybe with someone along the lines of Al-Ansari chipping in. That way the problems of paying such a huge amount isn't an issue as it's split up. Of course, if the Yanks aren't willing to sell then it's a lot tougher.
Think of it like this mate. Before H&G LFC had (I think) about 36,000 shares in existance valued about £5K each and split far and wide. The biggest shareholder was Moores with 51% and then the next was about 5% (Morgan I think). To revert back to that you would be asking people to pay more per share and for about the same risk/return as before. I'm not saying its not possible, just not probable.

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2009, 10:59:43 pm »
Good intentions mate but honestly if all the ST holders were to do this there would be 20,000 others waiting to take them up and they know this so they would never even take it into consideration.
That's my point from earlier (as well as the cut your nose off to spite your face.

The way I see it, we the fans have 3 options.

1. Do nothing and hope it goes away (where we are now) and we watch the clubs demise
2. Take actions to boycott and step up campaigns against H&G in the hope they would sell (Apathy sets in)
3. We get behind the likes of SOS and ShareLiverpool and talk to the club/owners about their plans, about shared ownership with the fans and in turn the fans investing in the club over the long term to eventually takeover and give them the returns they always wanted.

Again thinking out loud!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:01:22 pm by redmen77 »

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2009, 11:12:04 pm »
I don't know where this Al Ansari thing comes from Gaz. He isn't a rich man in the same way as these interested parties. He's an employee of these people, that's all.

Excuse me?

Al-Ansari isn't wealthy...?

Now I have no financial nous whatever.  But the point I'm raising is that getting rid of the cancerous owners is imperative, my concern is that if no VIABLE alternative is in place, then by necessity we get put into administration.  There are no DIC or other buyers ready to step in to our rescue.

Someone with brains needs to prepare for the possibility that at some point in the imminent future we get our big wish granted. A few more financial catastrophes for these 2 dickheads, more pressure from the banks, and they might well get thrown out.  But what then?

The only suggestion I'm putting forward is that a consortium of our wealthy supporters might be open to the idea of taking over part ownership. Is this a possibility? I ask because I have no idea how things like this work.  But lets say that if the banks (with the fools gone) valued the Club at, say, £400 million, and £50-£100 million were pledged by for example 20 individuals...   would the lender allow such an arrangement in return for transferring 25% to this consortium?  With ShareLiverpool (representing the rest of us) pledging to put in, for example, 10% the year after, and leading eventually after a period of years, to majority ownership??

Or is there another way to avoid receivership, in the event of forcing the Yanks out?

What is our objective?  Its like telling a gardener to tear yer lawn up;  but if you don't envisage what you are going to replace it with, instead of 2 great big thistles in your garden, you'll be staring at filthy muck instead.

Do we have a sizeable number of very rich supporters?  You bet we do.  Al-Ansari is certainly one. As a LFC supporter he might well cough up a few mill for a share.  As could a number of our boxholders.  Many multi-millionaires in there, that I know.  Ex-players?  Surely there must be 20-30 such 'potential' investors who would be at least interested in preserving this club, and perhaps even ensuring that the fucking shite we've put up with never gets repeated.

I await financial guru input.

Its the future long-term that the Supporters Union needs to consider.  Its great to be destructive for the immediate future, but we need some discussion about the afterwards.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 28, 2009, 11:47:13 am »
Did anyone see the posts of 'Gedo'/Durango and ATK on TLW? According to that, Parry wanted Moores to stick with DIC but Moores chose to go with the yanks.

Offline Igor Zidane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2009, 11:58:28 am »
Did anyone see the posts of 'Gedo'/Durango and ATK on TLW? According to that, Parry wanted Moores to stick with DIC but Moores chose to go with the yanks.

Yeh mate ,read it yesterday. Doesn't suprise me in the slighest to be honest . I heard a while ago now (can't remember where from ) that moores spat his dummy out over not being invited to Dubia to conclude the deal and decided to go with the yanks . Don't know how true that is . I think it was from someone on this site actually but can't remember who .
SOS No 821

Offline southern scouse

• Kopite
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2009, 11:59:05 am »

Yeah read that, but at the same time, surely Morgan and Granada could have also said, right we want the higher offer, not defending Moores (he was majority) but they could also have said we wont back the DIC offer.

Its that speculation thing again....

Slow news day.

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2009, 12:54:31 pm »
Yeh mate ,read it yesterday. Doesn't suprise me in the slighest to be honest . I heard a while ago now (can't remember where from ) that moores spat his dummy out over not being invited to Dubia to conclude the deal and decided to go with the yanks . Don't know how true that is . I think it was from someone on this site actually but can't remember who .

I heard that too.

Offline peterb17

• Click on Bookmarks. Click on Bookmark this page. Arl arses now has an electronic tag.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2009, 01:24:52 pm »
i got told that one by a fella who drank with Roy Evans' son.

'that sounds a bit like a rumour that come from my cousins brother in law who's mate is a taxi driver and his cousin works in Fords.

I think the problem is we will never find out for definite but if Coco is saying it now it would be why Moores and him have supposedly fell out.................

also maybe the rumours of Parry fronting a consortium from the middle east not so daft now!!!!! (REACHES AND GRABS MORE STRAW THAN IN A FARMERS BARN)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2009, 01:33:07 pm »

Someone with brains needs to prepare for the possibility that at some point in the imminent future we get our big wish granted. A few more financial catastrophes for these 2 dickheads, more pressure from the banks, and they might well get thrown out.  But what then?

Good question ...  but don't think you can rule out  somebody doing what DIC can or could have done ...  ?

Question i have is . if ? the yanks are paying the interest ? ... why wont the banks just leave them as they are ?

Any chance of RBS wanting to own a football club ?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 01:34:42 pm by rocco »

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #212 on: August 28, 2009, 03:50:06 pm »
Excuse me?

Al-Ansari isn't wealthy...?

Now I have no financial nous whatever.  But the point I'm raising is that getting rid of the cancerous owners is imperative, my concern is that if no VIABLE alternative is in place, then by necessity we get put into administration.  There are no DIC or other buyers ready to step in to our rescue.

The only suggestion I'm putting forward is that a consortium of our wealthy supporters might be open to the idea of taking over part ownership. Is this a possibility? I ask because I have no idea how things like this work.  But lets say that if the banks (with the fools gone) valued the Club at, say, £400 million, and £50-£100 million were pledged by for example 20 individuals...   would the lender allow such an arrangement in return for transferring 25% to this consortium?  With ShareLiverpool (representing the rest of us) pledging to put in, for example, 10% the year after, and leading eventually after a period of years, to majority ownership??

Or is there another way to avoid receivership, in the event of forcing the Yanks out?

What is our objective?  Its like telling a gardener to tear yer lawn up;  but if you don't envisage what you are going to replace it with, instead of 2 great big thistles in your garden, you'll be staring at filthy muck instead.

Do we have a sizeable number of very rich supporters?  You bet we do.  Al-Ansari is certainly one. As a LFC supporter he might well cough up a few mill for a share.  As could a number of our boxholders.  Many multi-millionaires in there, that I know.  Ex-players?  Surely there must be 20-30 such 'potential' investors who would be at least interested in preserving this club, and perhaps even ensuring that the fucking shite we've put up with never gets repeated.

I await financial guru input.

Its the future long-term that the Supporters Union needs to consider.  Its great to be destructive for the immediate future, but we need some discussion about the afterwards.

There are buyers such as DIC around, that's where your wrong, there's loads of interested parties but the fuckers dont want to sell it seems, or if they do they aint fucking going about it the right way.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2009, 03:54:05 pm »
There are buyers such as DIC around, that's where your wrong, there's loads of interested parties but the fuckers dont want to sell it seems, or if they do they aint fucking going about it the right way.

If you genuinely know some interested parties who would like to buy the club then I suggest you should get on the phone to Merrill Lynch and introduce them to these said interested parties.

They are on a rather nice incentive to find either a buyer or an investor for the club and have had no sucess in over a year, despite the price reducing quite considerably.

If you can introduce these alleged buyers to Merrill Lynch (or to the club directly) then I suspect that you would be on to a very, very juicy commission.

At the moment everyone in the City is assuming that Liverpool have no interested parties at all.  If you can prove the opposite you will be a very rich man indeed.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #214 on: August 28, 2009, 03:57:12 pm »
If you genuinely know some interested parties who would like to buy the club then I suggest you should get on the phone to Merrill Lynch and introduce them to these said interested parties.

They are on a rather nice incentive to find either a buyer or an investor for the club and have had no sucess in over a year, despite the price reducing quite considerably.

If you can introduce these alleged buyers to Merrill Lynch (or to the club directly) then I suspect that you would be on to a very, very juicy commission.

At the moment everyone in the City is assuming that Liverpool have no interested parties at all.  If you can prove the opposite you will be a very rich man indeed.
What are you basing no buyers on?  There are no buyers at the price H+G want, there are buyers though.  Just depends if it is good for buyer+seller.

Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 28, 2009, 04:14:26 pm »
What are you basing no buyers on?  There are no buyers at the price H+G want, there are buyers though.  Just depends if it is good for buyer+seller.

Yes, clearly it has to be at a price that makes sense for both buyer and seller.  But dont assume that the problem is "greed" on behalf of G&H.  it isnt.  The problem is that given the nature of the loans there is no price at which it makes sense for a buyer to buy the club, as he is going to assume large liabilities and then need to borrow / spend hundreds of millions more to build the stadium which is hte only way that he can get his money back.

As a result of the sale to G&H and they dreadful way they have mortgaged the club, something important has happened which many people have missed.

When we sold the club last time round, it was at a price and with sufficient intrinsic value that a sagacious businessman could afford to buy the club and with loans to build the stadium still make a profit after 10-15 years.  Naturally we could have sold to a "vanity buyer" but that wasnt necessary; someone with deep pockets and a long-term strategy could have bought us as a "fun" investment.

That is no longer the case.  Our debts and liablities are such - and the market dynamics have shifted in addition - to the extent that I simply cannot see any business case for buying the club.  This means that the ONLY buyers who will be interested are vanity buyers, sugar daddys or those who are prepared to make a large monetary loss for a different gain (PR, money laundering etc).

The problem as I see it is that even if G&H say the club is for sale at the cost of its oustanding liabilities (i.e. they dont want  to make a profit they just want to be shot of it and ensure that they have no oustanding guarantees) we will struggle to find a buyer as it still a risky investment.

Which is exactly the case now.  The club is for sale at the very lowest price that it can be sold for and no-one is interested.

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2009, 04:26:15 pm »
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2009, 04:29:14 pm »
Just out of interest WR for how long has the club been at and how much is the lowest possible price? Not that i can afford it but just be good to know.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 04:37:47 pm by will2003 »
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2009, 04:35:29 pm »
WaltonRed, DIC wanted to buy us last year and where going to pay 500 million but them greedy fuckers wanted more money, why didnt they sell us then? If they are trying to get shut of us now?
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2009, 04:38:42 pm »
Yes, clearly it has to be at a price that makes sense for both buyer and seller.  But dont assume that the problem is "greed" on behalf of G&H.  it isnt.  The problem is that given the nature of the loans there is no price at which it makes sense for a buyer to buy the club, as he is going to assume large liabilities and then need to borrow / spend hundreds of millions more to build the stadium which is hte only way that he can get his money back.

As a result of the sale to G&H and they dreadful way they have mortgaged the club, something important has happened which many people have missed.

When we sold the club last time round, it was at a price and with sufficient intrinsic value that a sagacious businessman could afford to buy the club and with loans to build the stadium still make a profit after 10-15 years.  Naturally we could have sold to a "vanity buyer" but that wasnt necessary; someone with deep pockets and a long-term strategy could have bought us as a "fun" investment.

That is no longer the case.  Our debts and liablities are such - and the market dynamics have shifted in addition - to the extent that I simply cannot see any business case for buying the club.  This means that the ONLY buyers who will be interested are vanity buyers, sugar daddys or those who are prepared to make a large monetary loss for a different gain (PR, money laundering etc).

The problem as I see it is that even if G&H say the club is for sale at the cost of its oustanding liabilities (i.e. they dont want  to make a profit they just want to be shot of it and ensure that they have no oustanding guarantees) we will struggle to find a buyer as it still a risky investment.

Which is exactly the case now.  The club is for sale at the very lowest price that it can be sold for and no-one is interested.

Sir, I already know of a certain individual from the middle east who around a month back approached Merrill Lynch with an interest in acquiring the club, unfortunately something happened, he seemed to place the blame solely at G+H's feet, i am still unsure what happened as are the guys in our ME office.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2009, 04:39:42 pm »

I dont agree with you WR.  How much is the club up for sale for?  if you are telling me that if the club was put up for sale at a price of lets say £270 mill nobody would be interested?
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2009, 04:40:23 pm »
Just out of interest WR how long and how much is the lowest possible price? Not that i can afford it but just be good to know.

I think the issue is that the valuation of the club as it is now is less than the value of the loans that the owners took out to buy it.

It's like you buying a house with a mortgage of £150k 2 years ago, but now your house is worth £100k but you're still left with a £150k mortgage to pay on the house.

In other words, G+H would either be looking at a loss, by selling the club for less money than the value of the loans they have to repay- which won't happen- or we hope for someone who doesn't care about the returns involved, ie- the club turns into a Chelsea or a Man City type.

G+H will try and stick on this club until the market picks up again sufficiently enough for someone to come in and value the club more than the liabilities, or as much (though I wonder if the parasitic bastards would bail without wanting a substantial profit). Or, they get lucky and find someone who doesn't mind paying a shiteload of cash. But even for those type of 'investors', there are other better 'opportunities' out there- I mean look at Chelsea and Man City, they aren't exactly big name clubs are they?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 04:44:53 pm by BazC »
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline WaltonRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2009, 04:50:34 pm »
WaltonRed, DIC wanted to buy us last year and where going to pay 500 million but them greedy fuckers wanted more money, why didnt they sell us then? If they are trying to get shut of us now?

An awful, awful lot has happened since the DIC negotiations.  The world's economy has imploded.  G&H's ability to build the new stadium has considerably weakened.

If DIC were to approach G&H with anything like the £500M they allegedly nearly agreed last time around their hands will be bitten off.

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2009, 05:15:18 pm »
Cheers Baz i understand the whole neg equity thing just wondered what the price would work out at. If its more or less what they bought the club for there must be someone who'd buy at that price?

I knida given up on the silver lining on this story for a long while, but on the pitch we seem a better prospect than before the yanks arrived so with all the rewards that that could bring coupled with the new stadium i can't see why someone wouldn't be interested. Yes it puts the clubs price back to the 2007 price but (i might be biased) we are a preimum brand (history etc)  surely the sheik would be interested as he could have bought the club for similar price before, he even came in with a higher one after that?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2009, 05:20:18 pm »
I hesitate to answer you but extrapolating from all the rumours floating around:

people have been interested at a reduced price from the Sheikh's all-time optimum offer BUT
Hicks keeps demanding a share of the equity/future profits

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2009, 05:21:13 pm »
I dont think the Sheikh is interested anymore, i dont think any middle eastern rulers are interested.

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2009, 05:22:46 pm »
I hesitate to answer you but extrapolating from all the rumours floating around:

people have been interested at a reduced price from the Sheikh's all-time optimum offer BUT
Hicks keeps demanding a share of the equity/future profits

And this is the reason i think the man i mentioned before pulled out, it's what the guys in the ME office think too.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2009, 05:34:15 pm »
Cheers Baz i understand the whole neg equity thing just wondered what the price would work out at. If its more or less what they bought the club for there must be someone who'd buy at that price?

I knida given up on the silver lining on this story for a long while, but on the pitch we seem a better prospect than before the yanks arrived so with all the rewards that that could bring coupled with the new stadium i can't see why someone wouldn't be interested. Yes it puts the clubs price back to the 2007 price but (i might be biased) we are a preimum brand (history etc)  surely the sheik would be interested as he could have bought the club for similar price before, he even came in with a higher one after that?

I think the reason they wouldn't be interested at a similar price to what the club was last bought at is because the plan depends on the stadium. For which financing would be hard to come by.

Also, are the club's cash flows even that strong now, let alone after having to finance a £300m stadium?! I guess it depends on the projections of revenue increases after the stadium is built, which in turn depends on the number of seats, breakdown of seats by type (exec boxes, standard seats, etc), the other match day revenue sources (food and drink, merchandise etc). Then there's the sponsorship- top clubs are getting £20m, but is that still going to be the case even now? Is Liverpool FC even going to be considered a top club in terms of sponsorship?

There's a lot of questions which would need answering before someone pays G+H off with the same amount that they bought the club with. By the sounds of it, it's not looking good with no buyers on the horizon. So perhaps the answers to the valuation question is- no, it doesn't seem to be viable now that the financial system's gone belly up and financing is hard to come by.

There may be hope in the future- couple of years- but right now, probably not.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2009, 08:07:59 pm »
An awful, awful lot has happened since the DIC negotiations.  The world's economy has imploded.  G&H's ability to build the new stadium has considerably weakened.

If DIC were to approach G&H with anything like the £500M they allegedly nearly agreed last time around their hands will be bitten off.

No bid for the club has EVER been officially confirmed, or rejected, subsequent to G&H acquiring the club.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2009, 08:18:10 pm »
What do we know now that we didnt know a year ago ?

the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2009, 08:32:44 pm »
No bid for the club has EVER been officially confirmed, or rejected, subsequent to G&H acquiring the club.

If you mean that Hicks and Gillett have never been publicly quoted stating that they have accepted or rejected a bid for LFC, then you may be correct. Given that Gillett and Hicks often fail to make comments about things that they ought to, this is unsurprising. If your argument is that there have been no bids for the club, this is disingenuous. It is clearly untrue that no bids have been made for LFC during the tenure of H&G. See below (as one example).
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/118991
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2009, 08:41:41 pm »
What do we know now that we didnt know a year ago ?

We know that things have gone pear shaped a bit sooner than even the worst pessimist expected.  I thought they'd go pear shaped eventually like, but didn't reckon on not having a transfer kitty to speak of this pre season.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2009, 08:44:55 pm »
If you mean that Hicks and Gillett have never been publicly quoted stating that they have accepted or rejected a bid for LFC, then you may be correct. Given that Gillett and Hicks often fail to make comments about things that they ought to, this is unsurprising. If your argument is that there have been no bids for the club, this is disingenuous. It is clearly untrue that no bids have been made for LFC during the tenure of H&G. See below (as one example).

Reading that article brings on nausea.  To think of what may have been.  And it was the fat greedy bastards refusal to sell at the time which has led to this.

Even the article heading 'franchises' says it all really.

Offline southern scouse

• Kopite
« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2009, 09:03:39 pm »

You could also argue that one bride jilted the groom at the alter, and walked away with all that was needed was for both parties to signed the register, with everything else being in place. Again not officially in the public domain but we are lead to believe that was very close to a deal.

Offline hiphopdj

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2009, 09:09:10 pm »

Greedy fuckers. what is really worrying me at present if we don't finished in the top four this or the next few seasons season. Income would go down. players would be sold and we could do a Leeds in a few years.
For those of you watching in blue and white this is what a european cup looks like.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2009, 09:25:04 pm »
We know that things have gone pear shaped a bit sooner than even the worst pessimist expected.  I thought they'd go pear shaped eventually like, but didn't reckon on not having a transfer kitty to speak of this pre season.

Yes but dont you think that Rafa would of known our position financially , he would of walked surely if he has been screwed over !
The banks want their cash Im afraid , i dont believe for one minute Rafa wasnt aware of this back when he signed his new deal.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2009, 09:46:52 pm »
No matter how its spun, the days of Gillett and Hicks are niumbered.

Not how I'd hoped, by a takeover by proper owners.

But by their deceit and financial emptiness catching up in the end.

But WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?  Is no one interested in this scenario?  Its worse than the perceived apathy of many of the fans to our current plight. What the fuck is in place for the moment when G/H go bankrupt, and the banks take control of LFC???

Its gonna happen soon.  Either we accept we sell Mascherano, Torres and whoever, and hope to scrape by in Division 1.. or go down,    or we get some forward planning ready.  We need intelligent people ready to take us forward.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #237 on: August 28, 2009, 09:56:35 pm »
There are talks on going with the Shuaa group , lets hope something can happen , Im not holding me breath tho.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2009, 10:26:35 pm »
There are talks on going with the Shuaa group , lets hope something can happen , Im not holding me breath tho.

Who are they? Why do we hope something happens? What if they're as bad as/worse than G+H?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #239 on: August 28, 2009, 10:32:21 pm »
Who are they? Why do we hope something happens? What if they're as bad as/worse than G+H?

An investment bank from Dubai. Recently, their CEO stepped down. Guess who is expected to be their new Chief Executive: Sameer Al-Ansari