Author Topic: YANKS OUT  (Read 55560 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: YANKS OUT
« Reply #280 on: August 31, 2009, 12:11:04 am »
Not gonna happen mate. Pointless ragging on about it.

I'm not a member.

Seems you don't fully understand the purpose of SOS though. It isn't purely about ownership - they also exist to support match going fans in other areas.

What will happen when the yanks have gone? The union will continue to support its members for as long as it has that membership.

So it is pointless to try and put pressure on them in the US, but putting stickers in a car and handing out leaflets will hound them out that is illogical thinking, what a defeatist attitude try anything and everything and do not discount anything that may get the job done!

How else does this union support fans that official supporters clubs do not do,?

i speak as someone who is a branch sec of one, so maybe i know what we do!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

hoonin

« Reply #281 on: August 31, 2009, 12:24:28 am »
So it is pointless to try and put pressure on them in the US, but putting stickers in a car and handing out leaflets will hound them out that is illogical thinking

That isn't my thinking at all. In fact, I don't believe I've once mentioned anything about leafleting to you.

For the record though, my view is that if momentum is to be gained to bring about change it has to come by first getting large numbers of match goers to a) understand what is going on; b) be prepared to take action. The use of leaflets will help that by providing a concise and easy to distribute message, but its up to the recipients to take it on board.

How else does this union support fans that official supporters clubs do not do,?

The two are not mutually exclusive. If overlaps exist is that a problem?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #282 on: August 31, 2009, 12:26:55 am »
no i mean our fans in the USA, and the fans of hicks other sports franchises who hate him as well, and they can all lobby politicians to start digging into Hicks financial dealings in the USA far easier than we can from here,  this will further add pressure to his finances, so basically if you think a few guys outside Anfield with leaflets will change anything , you are wrong

Not to downplay your idea, but it is highly unlikely such a tactic would work within the unique confines of North American sports culture. Fans don't usually protest owners, because often that sport is not the only game in town. Protests have been usually limited to rallies when teams are threatened with relocation. If an owner is being devious and not putting out a winning product, fans punish him or her by not showing up to games. 

Team owners are also rarely stripped of their ownership in North America. This is only done under severe circumstances, such as being sent to prison. You only need to look at the amount of current and previous owners in the NHL- where Hicks' Stars play- who have retained their ownership despite being sanctioned in criminal investigations for financial irregularities. Some of have even managed to keep ownership of their team provided they don't spend any time in jail.

You also have to remember North American sports culture is largely built upon a multitude of safety nets. You can't pay the staff and playing personnel? No problem, the league will lend you money until you get back onto your feet or takeover your franchise and look for a buyer. Nor are there any penalties the following season for such irregularities. 

You don't have a winning season? No problem, because the system in virtually every major North American sport other than baseball is built on the principle that every team has a chance to be champions via the playoffs and the salary cap. The combination of a salary cap and TV revenues essentially assures most owners who spend a decent amount will make a profit. Therefore, if your team doesn't win there is always next year and if fans don't like it, they can always follow another local team in a different sport. Bar a few teams (i.e.Boston Red Sox, Montreal Canadiens) there isn't the level of tribalism in one's support that exists in football.

There have been a few journalists based in and around Hicks and Gillett's current and former teams, who have continually put forth our current situation in their papers. The Dallas News blog Harry Labrador often references is one. The Canadian journalist Stephen Brunt who writes for the Globe and Mail (the largest and most respected paper in Canada) has frequently written about Hicks and Gillett, as he has been sympathetic to our situation. He is the most respected sportswriter in Canada, but even his words in print and on radio may have only connected with a few people.  Given Hicks' previous political connections and his position in the Dallas community, it is also highly unlikely that politicians would call for inquests into his finances.

For our plight to be registered on a larger scale, the onus has to be on fans in the UK and Liverpool in particular. They would have to hurt Hicks and Gillett in the pocket. Having fans boycotting an entire high-profile (i.e. not a Carling Cup) match is one such example of what would get people in the North American media talking and would put added pressure on them.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: August 31, 2009, 01:04:42 am »
Not to downplay your idea, but it is highly unlikely such a tactic would work within the unique confines of North American sports culture. Fans don't usually protest owners, because often that sport is not the only game in town. Protests have been usually limited to rallies when teams are threatened with relocation. If an owner is being devious and not putting out a winning product, fans punish him or her by not showing up to games. 

Team owners are also rarely stripped of their ownership in North America. This is only done under severe circumstances, such as being sent to prison. You only need to look at the amount of current and previous owners in the NHL- where Hicks' Stars play- who have retained their ownership despite being sanctioned in criminal investigations for financial irregularities. Some of have even managed to keep ownership of their team provided they don't spend any time in jail.

You also have to remember North American sports culture is largely built upon a multitude of safety nets. You can't pay the staff and playing personnel? No problem, the league will lend you money until you get back onto your feet or takeover your franchise and look for a buyer. Nor are there any penalties the following season for such irregularities. 

You don't have a winning season? No problem, because the system in virtually every major North American sport other than baseball is built on the principle that every team has a chance to be champions via the playoffs and the salary cap. The combination of a salary cap and TV revenues essentially assures most owners who spend a decent amount will make a profit. Therefore, if your team doesn't win there is always next year and if fans don't like it, they can always follow another local team in a different sport. Bar a few teams (i.e.Boston Red Sox, Montreal Canadiens) there isn't the level of tribalism in one's support that exists in football.

There have been a few journalists based in and around Hicks and Gillett's current and former teams, who have continually put forth our current situation in their papers. The Dallas News blog Harry Labrador often references is one. The Canadian journalist Stephen Brunt who writes for the Globe and Mail (the largest and most respected paper in Canada) has frequently written about Hicks and Gillett, as he has been sympathetic to our situation. He is the most respected sportswriter in Canada, but even his words in print and on radio may have only connected with a few people.  Given Hicks' previous political connections and his position in the Dallas community, it is also highly unlikely that politicians would call for inquests into his finances.

For our plight to be registered on a larger scale, the onus has to be on fans in the UK and Liverpool in particular. They would have to hurt Hicks and Gillett in the pocket. Having fans boycotting an entire high-profile (i.e. not a Carling Cup) match is one such example of what would get people in the North American media talking and would put added pressure on them.

thanks for the detailed response, now re boycotting a game this will not happen to many tourists will snap up the spare tickets, my problem with actions at games are two pronged, first it give the murdoch media another chance to do down our club and make us look disorganised with their biased reporting! Secondly in the past it has ruined the atmosphere and demotivated the team and  this has cost points etc!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #284 on: August 31, 2009, 09:54:12 am »
Why would you not support every LFC fan? Whether they agree with your mandate or not?

this is what stops the fans being united on this matter!

The main reason is we wouldn't be so arrogant as to say that we did represent every Liverpool fan because we do not.

What we can be sure of is that we do represent our members (they have made a conscious decision to join) and we can also say (but can't identify these people) that we probably represent a further significant silent group larger than our membership who agree with us but haven't the motivation to join.

We have been criticised in the past by some saying we have tried to say we represent all fans when we have never said this.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: August 31, 2009, 11:10:21 am »
The main reason is we wouldn't be so arrogant as to say that we did represent every Liverpool fan because we do not.

What we can be sure of is that we do represent our members (they have made a conscious decision to join) and we can also say (but can't identify these people) that we probably represent a further significant silent group larger than our membership who agree with us but haven't the motivation to join.

We have been criticised in the past by some saying we have tried to say we represent all fans when we have never said this.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one but we all have  the best interests of the club as our priority I would think. We all want rid of Hicks and Gillet!

I have always been  however a little wary of any sort of group within a fanbase, because subconsciously it can  and has pitched LFC fan against LFC fan, it can for some create a sort of Ultra elitism in some who may join it just for the presumed Kudos of being in it! A sort of superfan complex!

Also I think in the end it will only be global pressure from any angle we can find that will rid us of these two , which is why whether it is futile or not I am working with some friends in the US, to try to make life a little awkward for Hicks, because I believe he is the stumbling block in any sale of this club to a better custodian!

This is not a local insular problem and will not be solved by the direct actions of local people at the game alone.
 That is not to denigrate their actions just it is a bigger problem than a local protest scenario!

Thanks for the polite response by the way in the past when I have asked these questions the response has been far from reasonable, so thank you again!

However we do it we need these two conmen out!

Offline Oscar3

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #286 on: August 31, 2009, 12:54:51 pm »
This superfan thing does my head in!Smeone even suggested to me on saturday night that the Union exists to line the pockets of certain people.He asked me about accounts and i told him they were available if he bothered to look for them on the sos website.Nice fella and great supporter for many years but talked absolute bollocks on this score!
sons of men who stand like gods

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 31, 2009, 01:20:41 pm »
We will have to agree to disagree on this one but we all have  the best interests of the club as our priority I would think. We all want rid of Hicks and Gillet!

I have always been  however a little wary of any sort of group within a fanbase, because subconsciously it can  and has pitched LFC fan against LFC fan, it can for some create a sort of Ultra elitism in some who may join it just for the presumed Kudos of being in it! A sort of superfan complex!

Also I think in the end it will only be global pressure from any angle we can find that will rid us of these two , which is why whether it is futile or not I am working with some friends in the US, to try to make life a little awkward for Hicks, because I believe he is the stumbling block in any sale of this club to a better custodian!

This is not a local insular problem and will not be solved by the direct actions of local people at the game alone.
 That is not to denigrate their actions just it is a bigger problem than a local protest scenario!

Thanks for the polite response by the way in the past when I have asked these questions the response has been far from reasonable, so thank you again!

However we do it we need these two conmen out!

geoffstrong,

Thanks for the response - one of the major advantages of sites like RAWK is the opportunity to debate rationally and to disagree with each other. However in this case we agree on far more than we do not.

If you'd like to email me at secretary@spiritofshankly.com and tell us how the Union can help in any action or steps you plan to take stateside, then subject to what these are, we are an open door. We have resources, funds, a membership and individuals with skills and experience that might be able to help.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2009, 01:00:09 am by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: August 31, 2009, 01:26:25 pm »
This superfan thing does my head in!Smeone even suggested to me on saturday night that the Union exists to line the pockets of certain people.He asked me about accounts and i told him they were available if he bothered to look for them on the sos website.Nice fella and great supporter for many years but talked absolute bollocks on this score!

Lining pockets? Ha ha.

Couple of examples - our Chair via me (I'm a solicitor) went after the Express and Star who made some untrue references to him after the Crowne Plaza invasion and we got a retraction and his costs paid. I gave a donation of a sum equal to the costs (with the Chair's agreement) to the Union. We used these to fund the US trip for him.

The "Awaydays" film had its opening night in Liverpool and Kev Sampson (a member) donated the proceeds to the Union.

I can say in nearly a year of being involved that I haven't seen anyone have even a pint on the Union.

Lining pockets? Totally the other way - I could give so many examples of time given by Committee and members for no return.

Finally the accounts are available on the website and are publised annually. However individual questions about events, expenses or where the money is can all be answered if asked.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: August 31, 2009, 02:41:03 pm »
Lining pockets? Ha ha.

Couple of examples - our Chair via me (I'm a solicitor) went after the Express and Star who made some untrue references to him after the Crowne Plaza invasion and we got a retraction and his costs paid. I gave a donation of a sum equal to the costs (with the Chair's agreement) to the Union. We used these to fund the US trip for him.

The "Awaydays" film had its opening night in Liverpool and Kev Sampson (a member) donated the proceeds to the Union.

I can say in nearly a year of being involved that I haven't seen anyone have even a pint on the Union.

Lining pockets? Totally the other way - I could give so many examples of time given by Committee and members for no return.

Finally the accounts are available on the website and are publised annually. However individual questions about events, expenses or where the money is can all be answered if asked.
Aren't the Union regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA)?

Offline mooks

• struggles with difficult concepts - must try harder 5/10
  • Kopite
« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2009, 05:28:01 pm »
Lining pockets? Ha ha.

Thanks for the detailed response.  You come across as both sensible and responsible.

Now ... what is SOS planning to do to get the Yanks out?  Seriously?  You have talked about the sacrifices SOS committee members make.  Where is the plan to get fans to make the sacrifice of not attending games in order to force H&G to sell up?  That is what it all comes down to.

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2009, 07:16:53 pm »
I think we should start (or attempt to) boycott the Carling Cup. We could in theory create a picket line (totally peaceful of course to educate people as they approach the ground. By actually promoting it beforehand would you hope deter many from coming to the ground. I reckon in the current environment you would get a couple of thousand volunteers for picket duty.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: September 1, 2009, 01:04:21 am »
Thanks for the detailed response.  You come across as both sensible and responsible.

Now ... what is SOS planning to do to get the Yanks out?  Seriously?  You have talked about the sacrifices SOS committee members make.  Where is the plan to get fans to make the sacrifice of not attending games in order to force H&G to sell up?  That is what it all comes down to.

mooks,

We have to balance what we'd like to do with what we can do.

A request for a full on boycott is unrealistic as currently not enough people accept the problem. We are still trying to educate.

I have no doubt that once we have enough people realising the problem and challenge that the action you suggest will become much easier.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2009, 09:56:55 am by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline mooks

• struggles with difficult concepts - must try harder 5/10
  • Kopite
« Reply #293 on: September 1, 2009, 08:35:23 am »
mooks,

We have to balance what we'd like to do with what we want can do.

A request for a full on boycott is unrealistic as currently not enough people accept the problem. We are still trying to educate.

I have no doubt that once we have enough people realising the problem and challenge that the action you suggest will become much easier.
(* Disclaimer - I don't live in the U.K. so cannot participate in any match boycott)

I'm heartened to know SOS is at least giving it serious consideration.

But can I just give you the other side of the equation? 

How many people are there - I'm talking serious, committed, intelligent, no-nonsense fans - who can't be arsed to get involved in SOS because there is no ultimate strategy to get the Yanks out?

How would it harm the cause to have a timeline to work towards?  So that those getting involved NOW know that if there is no change in ownership we will plan to boycott the 3rd round FA Cup game?  Or the last game of the Champions League group stage?  Or the first Premier League game next season?  Or something - anything that will give a glimmer of hope to those who are willing to do what it takes to remove this cancer from our club?

We should learn what we can from the Mancs experience - not only what went wrong but also what they did right.  By taking such a hard line stance against the Glazers from the beginning they very likely have at least affected how their owners have run the club.  We shouldn't just say the Manc boycott didn't work so we're not going to even attempt it.   

Protests are useless - Messrs. Gillett and Hicks only care about their bottom line.

Secondary boycotts of RBS, etc. are hopeless and just make us look like a bunch of tosspots.

Ultimately the question we must face is what are we as Liverpool supporters willing to sacrifice to get this pair out?  It is the same issue that striking workers are routinely confronted with ...  Yes, there will be pain but we are in a war with those who will destroy our club.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #294 on: September 1, 2009, 10:54:42 am »
(* Disclaimer - I don't live in the U.K. so cannot participate in any match boycott)
I'm heartened to know SOS is at least giving it serious consideration.
But can I just give you the other side of the equation?
How many people are there - I'm talking serious, committed, intelligent, no-nonsense fans - who can't be arsed to get involved in SOS because there is no ultimate strategy to get the Yanks out?
How would it harm the cause to have a timeline to work towards?  So that those getting involved NOW know that if there is no change in ownership we will plan to boycott the 3rd round FA Cup game?  Or the last game of the Champions League group stage?  Or the first Premier League game next season?  Or something - anything that will give a glimmer of hope to those who are willing to do what it takes to remove this cancer from our club?
We should learn what we can from the Mancs experience - not only what went wrong but also what they did right.  By taking such a hard line stance against the Glazers from the beginning they very likely have at least affected how their owners have run the club.  We shouldn't just say the Manc boycott didn't work so we're not going to even attempt it.
Protests are useless - Messrs. Gillett and Hicks only care about their bottom line.
Secondary boycotts of RBS, etc. are hopeless and just make us look like a bunch of tosspots.
Ultimately the question we must face is what are we as Liverpool supporters willing to sacrifice to get this pair out?  It is the same issue that striking workers are routinely confronted with ...  Yes, there will be pain but we are in a war with those who will destroy our club.

Mooks is right.

SOS and SLFC are wrong to think this is about "eductaion". The majority of the 120,000 people who regualrly tirn up at Anfield and OT either are not that bothered about ownership, orr feel that there is nothing they can do.

There is no specific rallying call. When will the masses be "educated"? How long will it take for fans to pledge enough cash to match an unspecified sale price?

I support the sentiments behind both SOS and SLFC, but both fear specifics, because they fear  being seen to fail.

If "resistance is futile" lets get it over with. The trick is in providing some hope and a purpose. Ironcially," G&H out" is not enough, there needs to be an alternative.

SOS and SLFC and all LFC support need to identify an alternative buyer, and THEN turn the screws, suport at that point would i believe be overwhelming.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #295 on: September 1, 2009, 11:05:05 am »
The Mancs have won 3 titles in a row and a CL, thats probably why their fans are not bothered.

Our situation is somewhat different there.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #296 on: September 1, 2009, 01:22:00 pm »
The best impact we could have is to educate the media and make the media aware of our plight and make it a big thing. PR will effect G and H similar to what happened with Cohen.

I also believe if it in the media alot of fans will take notice, thats no disrespect to SL or SOS but unfortunately most people believe what they hear on the radio, tv or read in the papper and are swayed but its opinions not a group of fans raving on about how bad the owners are (not my opinion). You only have to speak to anyone not connected with the club who believes Rafa is a rubbish manager and the club has lots of money spend but Rafas wasted it to see you need to get the media involved, ask my father in law who believes everything the Express writes.
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: September 1, 2009, 01:43:22 pm »
ST holders need to boycott. Its the only way for fast action.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: September 1, 2009, 01:47:43 pm »
theyd lose no money though walshy?
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: September 1, 2009, 01:52:45 pm »
theyd lose no money though walshy?

Theyd lose sales in drinks and food and programmes and betting and all the other stuff that helps the coffers, plus it wouldnt look good on tv, fans missing, lack of replica shirst in the crowd etc.

Also black taping over carlsberg and adidas is a good one too.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: September 1, 2009, 01:54:28 pm »
And as i say its not ideal but its hard hitting. If people could boycott the carling cup, that would be good too.

Yes i know its hard, but whats the alternative? We are going to be stuck in a neverending downward spiral unless we all act now. Whats clear is the two yanks dont give a stuff.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: September 1, 2009, 02:02:38 pm »
They will be over for either the Chelsea game but thats away, or the Man U game on the 25th of October, so hopefully something will be inplace to make them feel as unwelcome as Gary Neville in the kop and they never step foot in Anfield ever again..
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #302 on: September 1, 2009, 02:18:49 pm »
anyone got anymore on this al ansari stuff?

i put the stuff to the ME guys and they reckon it's possibly true because its well known that Al Ansari still wants to get his hands on the club. Though now they say another investor is likely to be in the running.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #303 on: September 1, 2009, 02:38:50 pm »
Rafa is missing out on the players he wants for the team. I'll wait and see if the twats can miss out on their expenses.

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #304 on: September 1, 2009, 03:00:08 pm »
I'll wait and see if the twats can miss out on their expenses.

« Last Edit: September 1, 2009, 03:01:56 pm by jonnygeeart »

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #305 on: September 1, 2009, 04:02:37 pm »
Well the topic I made was Locked, but I got of the train from London - Liverpool an hour ago, and saw a placard for Simon Mould, with an LFC crest. Its the CFO of RBS.

Make of it what you will... But Its strange as the financing is done, what needs to be discussed here, that can't be done over the phone.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #306 on: September 1, 2009, 04:16:55 pm »
CFO ?

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #307 on: September 1, 2009, 04:18:00 pm »
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: September 1, 2009, 04:18:31 pm »
Well the topic I made was Locked, but I got of the train from London - Liverpool an hour ago, and saw a placard for Simon Mould, with an LFC crest. Its the CFO of RBS.

to be honest i'm quite surprised they had the LFC crest on the placard, esp seeing how rumours fly through liverpool

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #309 on: September 1, 2009, 04:33:54 pm »
to be honest i'm quite surprised they had the LFC crest on the placard, esp seeing how rumours fly through liverpool

Well I wouldn't have even looked it up, if I hadn't seen the crest.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: September 1, 2009, 04:38:16 pm »
Better not be to give these bastards a loan for the stadium.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #311 on: September 1, 2009, 04:45:49 pm »
Better not be to give these bastards a loan for the stadium.

Nothing would surprise me at all anymore Lyndsey - nothing apart from them pair fucking off pronto that is!

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: September 2, 2009, 07:31:55 am »
I hope we make some real noise when those 2 cants next visit. Its funny, I can remember at the beginning of this whole comedy, when we were making noise, chanting "its in the wrong hands" now its all orchestrated, almost policed to the point were its completely ill effective.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #313 on: September 2, 2009, 09:32:04 am »
THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT RAFA
THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT FANS
LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB
IS IN THE WRONG HANDS!

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #314 on: September 2, 2009, 09:50:41 am »
THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT RAFA
THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT FANS
LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB
IS IN THE WRONG HANDS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5q59xIFMrg

sorry rocco, had to mate. I just had to
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #315 on: September 2, 2009, 11:07:44 pm »
I hope we make some real noise when those 2 cants next visit. Its funny, I can remember at the beginning of this whole comedy, when we were making noise, chanting "its in the wrong hands" now its all orchestrated, almost policed to the point were its completely ill effective.

Dont agree. The notice these people take is not just people turning up and screaming at them but real affirmative action we need sto show them every form of action we are capable of.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Koptaf

• Boys Pen
« Reply #316 on: September 2, 2009, 11:57:49 pm »
Just some chants my mate Margaret Newton and myself have drummed up against our pals Laurel and Hardy, the Yankee Doodle Dandies who hold our Beautiful Club to ransom like a couple of dirty ol' rustlers.
Please tell us what you think or indeed add some of your own lyrical revolutionary ideas to the cause.

To the tune of 'Yellow Rose of Texas'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdmjbxMs7hg

The yellow cowards of Texas
Have fucked our club you see
Those Yankie Doodle Dandies
Have screwed us for a fee.
They lied so when they bought us
They never did their part
And now they lie to Rafa
It's breaking all our hearts.

To the tune of 'In My Liverpool Home'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgPeZu_Ivho

Get out of our Liverpool home,
Get out of our Liverpool home.
We all hate your accents and you don't really care
about our dear club that you'll leave when its bare
so please just fuck off now you greedy fat pair
out of our Liverpool home!

"When I was growing up my hero was Di Stefano. Kenny for me was on a par with Di Stefano. That is the best compliment I can pay him."
George Best

Offline Torrard

• Kemlynite
« Reply #317 on: September 3, 2009, 01:56:03 am »
Just posted this in a different topic. I think it's valid here too, all just my opinion of course:

There are a lot of Liverpool supporters and well wishers in America and making 'Yanks Out' type statements really does us no favours.
In a different thread yesterday some folks were talking about burning a US flag to exhibit our disapproval of G+H. Words and actions like that are just going to make us appear small-minded and xenophobic.
Our disapproval should be directed towards Gillet and Hicks. It should not refer to their nationality, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or family. We must rise above that.
Sometime soon we may need the help and/or understanding of the world media to present our case. It would be a great shame if we had already isolated many people because of our use of insulting generalisations.
I suggest simply using 'Hicks Out!' or 'Gillett Out!' depending which one you are really pissed off at on that day, or of course the more accurate but less catchy 'Gillett and Hicks Out!'

No, certainly not as snappy as 'Yanks Out!' But certainly more accurate and far less offensive to any of our supporters or neutrals who don't appreciate their shared nationality being used to direct vitriol at a couple of lying bloodsuckers.
Hicks Out! Gillett Out!
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #318 on: September 3, 2009, 02:48:00 am »
There is a lot of talk about what we can do to get rid of our current parasite owners, i think we should stick to what we are good at and use the voice of the Kop to get rid of them....

Thinking back to the Justice for the 96 chant and the attention that brought, we just need to do the same as that.

I think if we can spread the word a non stop chant would do the job.
When the warm up is taking place chant all the players, rafa and Liverpool songs to make sure they all know that they have our support but once the game kicks off chant against the owners over and over again non stop.

They don't care about Rafa.
They don't care about Fans.
Liverpool football club is in the wrong hands.

Send out leaflets before the game and in the local paper even explaining why this needs to be done and with the words for the chant. If it is done continuously throughout the game like the 96 chant more and more people will join in and be aware.

It should be repeated every week, at every home game more fans will join in and it will gather more coverage in the media which will in turn educate even more fans. Throw in all the anti H&G banners etc to hammer the point home.

This will be Liverpool fans fighting for their cause in the way they are famous for, using the 12th man. No need for anti US jibs, no need for pitch invasions or any action that could jeopardise your ticket etc just turn up and sing your heart out for the future of our club.

Its simple, we just have to get off our arses and get it done.

Offline Lady OOT

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #319 on: September 3, 2009, 09:44:58 am »
Just posted this in a different topic. I think it's valid here too, all just my opinion of course:

There are a lot of Liverpool supporters and well wishers in America and making 'Yanks Out' type statements really does us no favours.
In a different thread yesterday some folks were talking about burning a US flag to exhibit our disapproval of G+H. Words and actions like that are just going to make us appear small-minded and xenophobic.
Our disapproval should be directed towards Gillet and Hicks. It should not refer to their nationality, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or family. We must rise above that.
Sometime soon we may need the help and/or understanding of the world media to present our case. It would be a great shame if we had already isolated many people because of our use of insulting generalisations.
I suggest simply using 'Hicks Out!' or 'Gillett Out!' depending which one you are really pissed off at on that day, or of course the more accurate but less catchy 'Gillett and Hicks Out!'

No, certainly not as snappy as 'Yanks Out!' But certainly more accurate and far less offensive to any of our supporters or neutrals who don't appreciate their shared nationality being used to direct vitriol at a couple of lying bloodsuckers.
Hicks Out! Gillett Out!

I agree, 'Yanks Out' makes me cringe ... how about 'Liars Out'?