Author Topic: Aquilani passes medical and signs 5 yr deal - official  (Read 88297 times)

Offline YJT

• Kopite
Re: Aquilani passes medical and signs 5 yr deal - official
« Reply #120 on: August 7, 2009, 08:39:31 pm »
Cool Vid of Alberto for those who haven't seen it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1BE_qH5hb7A&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1BE_qH5hb7A&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

wow thats some video. He looks way more mobile than Xabi and plays further forward than him.

By the looks of the video he wouldn't be lost on the wings where there are less boots flying about?

really excited to find out how our new look attack will be like

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #121 on: August 7, 2009, 08:40:13 pm »
So he could be looking at a 6 month spell without playing. That is one hell of an injury....almost leg break type  :-\ ???
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 7, 2009, 08:41:10 pm »
So he could be looking at a 6 month spell without playing. That is one hell of an injury....almost leg break type  :-\ ???

Think it was an operation on a troublesome ankle.

Offline GinuWhine

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: August 7, 2009, 08:43:11 pm »
Cool Vid of Alberto for those who haven't seen it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1BE_qH5hb7A&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1BE_qH5hb7A&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

His passing after that video is WAY underrated. Some of those plays even Xabi doesn't make.

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 7, 2009, 08:43:56 pm »
At worst he could be out for 8 weeks we will do fine the fixure list could have been much worse Lucas needs to take this chance now.

Sunday, 16 August 2009
Tottenham v Liverpool, 16:00

Wednesday, 19 August 2009
Liverpool v Stoke, 20:00

Monday, 24 August 2009
Liverpool v Aston Villa, 20:00

Saturday, 29 August 2009
Bolton v Liverpool, 15:00

Saturday, 12 September 2009
Liverpool v Burnley, 15:00

Saturday, 19 September 2009
West Ham v Liverpool, 17:30

Saturday, 26 September 2009
Liverpool v Hull, 15:00

Sunday, 4 October 2009
Chelsea v Liverpool, 16:00

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 7, 2009, 08:44:36 pm »
WELCOMEEEEEE :scarf :wellin

Offline GinuWhine

• Kopite
« Reply #126 on: August 7, 2009, 08:46:30 pm »
Wonder what number he'll take with Gerrard having 8. I saw him wearing a 22 as well in that video. Maybe?

Offline Keens

• Kopite
  • Thanks for the memories Rafa!
« Reply #127 on: August 7, 2009, 08:47:40 pm »
anybody know what squad number he is getting?

Someone said 7
"I think I have said it before, but there is no one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club....." - Kenny Dalglish

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 7, 2009, 08:49:46 pm »
Great news, congratulations and welcome!  That vid above truely does show his passing skills (most I have seen up to now have just been his screamers!  Great vision!).
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #129 on: August 7, 2009, 08:50:31 pm »
Looks equally comfortable using his left or right,eye for a pass,can go past a player,pace and the added bonus of being italian-now we have someone who can tell Dossena in his own lingo to get his finger out of his arse.

Offline aristeia

• Main Stander
  • ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
« Reply #130 on: August 7, 2009, 08:51:02 pm »
Roma has had injuries to many of their players for a while now.  You can speculate why, but who knows?  Add the fact that two of his injuries reoccurred because he came back too soon.  Let's hope he gets healthy, stays healthy and shows us his class.

This is very true.  Spal's style of play plus the craptastic medical team plus the fact that everyone gets injured and people have to play half-broken... it's a goddamn circus.  Last season half our fielded team were babies from the primavera.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #131 on: August 7, 2009, 08:51:13 pm »
Welcome Alberto, get yourself fit, your head down and help win us the fucking league

Thats all
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Latino Heat

• Kopite
« Reply #132 on: August 7, 2009, 08:51:43 pm »
His passing after that video is WAY underrated. Some of those plays even Xabi doesn't make.

spot on. just what i was actually going to post.

have a feeling he'll take number 6 btw, or even 10 if voronin fucks off soon enough.

Offline Djimi_Case

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #133 on: August 7, 2009, 08:54:10 pm »
Looks equally comfortable using his left or right,eye for a pass,can go past a player,pace and the added bonus of being italian-now we have someone who can tell Dossena in his own lingo to get his finger out of his arse.

Does Aquilani's signing increase the chances of us keeping Dossena I wonder? (that along with the fact that no-one, as yet, seems to want to buy him!)
We are Liverpool... tralalalala...

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 7, 2009, 08:57:27 pm »
excellent

who's next!

Offline Emlynevermore

• Twinkletoes
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bounce!
« Reply #135 on: August 7, 2009, 08:59:03 pm »
Welcome to Liverpool, Berto! 

It goes without saying that calcio is different than English football.  Giuseppe Giannini's assertion that Aquilani's game is suited to English football is astute, but that doesn't mean the guy will settle in straight away or play perfectly every game once he is fit.

Aquilani adds another kind of dynamism in midfield to what Stevie and Mascherano and Lucas already bring--a mobile, positive thrust that also keeps things ticking over.  He's a slick bastard on the ball and plenty clever off of it, and I hope he can marry those qualities to the defensive enthusiasm and solidity Rafa demands from all of his players.

I am really interested to see how he will have changed as a player in six months or a year's time as a result of playing for us.  No question he's got it in him to be amazing but I would be willing to settle for really, really good. ;)

Get healthy, work hard, and we'll have your back, kid.
Forza Viola!
Sitting in my car near anfield I've just had an amazing idea. Why not get behind the team?

Offline ThisIsMickey

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #136 on: August 7, 2009, 08:59:40 pm »
Welcome Alberto, get yourself fit, your head down and help win us the fucking league

Thats all

That's it. No pressure at all.  ;D

Welcome to the greatest team in the world lad. :wave
"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in"

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 7, 2009, 08:59:44 pm »
Welcome to the Family, Aquilani!
Who'd a thought, Rafa be the first Liverpool manager to sign the first and second Italian players for our team. Hopefully the 2 of them will progress as great players from strength to strength.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 7, 2009, 09:00:16 pm »
Welcome to the family Alberto

Offline jeremyh94

• Anny Roader
« Reply #139 on: August 7, 2009, 09:01:38 pm »
The Eagle has landed

Offline aristeia

• Main Stander
  • ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
« Reply #140 on: August 7, 2009, 09:04:30 pm »
Anybody know if the lad speaks English already? I thought I read somewhere that he does, but I don't remember where...

I can't recall ever hearing him speak English. 

I'm certified to teach ESL, call me Rafa.  I know Italian and Romanesco-- you can pay me in season tickets.  I'll just sleep in my seat at night.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 7, 2009, 09:05:55 pm »
Someone said 7

no way should give it to someone else

giving someone with a questionable history when it comes to fitness the number 7 would be suicide

plus is saved for Pacheco  :P I know i know
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #142 on: August 7, 2009, 09:07:39 pm »
I am shocked he passed the medical

Its like Lazerus, all over again.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Emlynevermore

• Twinkletoes
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bounce!
« Reply #143 on: August 7, 2009, 09:08:52 pm »
This is very true.  Spal's style of play plus the craptastic medical team plus the fact that everyone gets injured and people have to play half-broken... it's a goddamn circus.  Last season half our fielded team were babies from the primavera.

Well, you can't buy experience...or at least, Roma can't, not at this point in time. ;) :(

I saw the Cerci kid down the right in the Europa League qualifier yesterday with the entire Roma team queuing up in the penalty area for a cross, only for him to cut in on his weaker foot and have a weak pop at goal from a narrow angle, which he ended up skying over for a goal kick.  He looks a player but he just needs more time.

At least you have local boys making it through and becoming first-team caliber players.  Fiorentina have been looking for a youth team hero to rally around since Giancarlo Antognoni retired, and that was 20 years ago.  :P
« Last Edit: August 7, 2009, 09:10:25 pm by Emlynevermore »
Forza Viola!
Sitting in my car near anfield I've just had an amazing idea. Why not get behind the team?

Offline aristeia

• Main Stander
  • ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
« Reply #144 on: August 7, 2009, 09:09:35 pm »
no way should give it to someone else

giving someone with a questionable history when it comes to fitness the number 7 would be suicide

plus is saved for Pacheco  :P I know i know

Please god let it not be 14 or 7.  I think 6.  Or Voro gives up 10 to him.  He can have it back in the pre-season.   :P

Offline bigz

• Kopite
« Reply #145 on: August 7, 2009, 09:14:47 pm »
Got a boss feeling about this
It's like pirates and natural disasters in the I'm sorry I seem to have lost the ability to think for myself religion.

Finn Solomon 5/6/2007 07:28:29 PM

Online gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 7, 2009, 09:16:41 pm »
made up he's finally signed up. can't wait to see him slide a pass in to nando.

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 7, 2009, 09:16:51 pm »
Great news!

He's going to really work out for us!

Offline aristeia

• Main Stander
  • ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
« Reply #148 on: August 7, 2009, 09:19:09 pm »
Well, you can't buy experience...or at least, Roma can't, not at this point in time. ;) :(

I saw the Cerci kid down the right in the Europa League qualifier yesterday with the entire Roma team queuing up in the penalty area for a cross, only for him to cut in on his weaker foot and have a weak pop at goal from a narrow angle, which he ended up skying over for a goal kick.  He looks a player but he just needs more time.

At least you have local boys making it through and becoming first-team caliber players.  Fiorentina have been looking for a youth team hero to rally around since Giancarlo Antognoni retired, and that was 20 years ago.  :P

Sampdoria's babies are looking pretty great actually.  Azzurrini call ups have like 5 or 6 of them in the squad.  Not any from the big 4 (aside from one Milanista on loan somewhere else).  But there is a lot of talent in Rome.  Problem is it's being poached before they're old enough to sign officially (18 in Italy).  Hence Macheda, Petrucci being snatched by ManEw. 

EDIT:  I guess my memory is shit... or the big 4 to me is entirely encased in Roma (possible).

Goalkeepers: Fiorillo (Sampdoria), Seculin (Fiorentina)

Defenders: Ariaudo (Juventus), Brivio (Vicenza), De Silvestri (Lazio), Gentili (Varese), Ogbonna (Torino), Ranocchia (Bari), Rispoli (Brescia)

Midfielders: Barillà (Reggina), Bolzoni (Genoa), Mancosu (Empoli), Poli (Sampdoria), Signori (Sampdoria)

Forwards: Balotelli (Inter), Di Gennaro (Milan), Macheda (Manchester United), Mustacchio (Sampdoria), Paloschi (Parma), Tiboni (Atalanta)
« Last Edit: August 7, 2009, 09:39:35 pm by aristeia »

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #149 on: August 7, 2009, 09:19:29 pm »
Excellent news. Welcome to LFC Alberto.

royhendo

« Reply #150 on: August 7, 2009, 09:21:35 pm »
Good luck to the fella. I saw a long-ish video the other day of them v Real Madrid at the Bernebau which for some effing reason I can't find now, and he looked a big special in that game. We just need Rafa to coax that kind of performance out of him on a regular basis, and to keep him fit for action.

Forza Alberto!

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 7, 2009, 09:23:30 pm »
I can't recall ever hearing him speak English. 

I'm certified to teach ESL, call me Rafa.  I know Italian and Romanesco-- you can pay me in season tickets.  I'll just sleep in my seat at night.

when we were first linked with him someone said he speaks english......source="someone on Rawk"....it's better than clubcall right?

can't wait to see him lay on the pass for torres to smack the winner against chelsea at the bridge to nowhere.

Offline pritpalster

• Main Stander
  • Mr Suarez Is Not A Racist!
« Reply #152 on: August 7, 2009, 09:24:31 pm »
is he injured or what??

royhendo

« Reply #153 on: August 7, 2009, 09:24:38 pm »
Here's the one I did find.

It shows Roma set out as a 4-2-3-1 with him in the '2' alongside DR, but clearly going more box to box, and this was the 'no recognised striker' thing wasn't it? 1 minute 17 in - he hits the post twice from distance in quick succession. I'd love to watch that game in full to be honest.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LBshXChuKg0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LBshXChuKg0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

The other vid I saw showed a lot more of his all-round game and it was reassuring.

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 7, 2009, 09:26:48 pm »

ManEw. 

;D    I'm going to be chuckling all day saying that .....

Offline mooks

• struggles with difficult concepts - must try harder 5/10
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #155 on: August 7, 2009, 09:27:11 pm »
They were going to announce it on Monday but are going to do it tonight on account of "strong fan sentiment".  For once the club is listening to the people Rick Parry is no longer at the club!

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 7, 2009, 09:33:05 pm »
Welcome Alberto.

Offline Cloggs

• Legacy Fan
  • TAFKAAS
« Reply #157 on: August 7, 2009, 09:37:52 pm »
How can you pass a medical if you're not able to play for another 8 weeks???

Offline bigz

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: August 7, 2009, 09:38:59 pm »
How can you pass a medical if you're not able to play for another 8 weeks???

a medical is to assess your injuries or whether you have them, not whether you are match fit.

match fitness can be gained over the 8 weeks.

need i say more lad.
It's like pirates and natural disasters in the I'm sorry I seem to have lost the ability to think for myself religion.

Finn Solomon 5/6/2007 07:28:29 PM

Offline Cloggs

• Legacy Fan
  • TAFKAAS
« Reply #159 on: August 7, 2009, 09:41:31 pm »
a medical is to assess your injuries or whether you have them, not whether you are match fit.

match fitness can be gained over the 8 weeks.

need i say more lad.

No. It's just that every time we are told something takes a certain amount of weeks it ends up taking an entire season. Agger, Torres for example.