Author Topic: Aquilani passes medical and signs 5 yr deal - official  (Read 88436 times)

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Aquilani passes medical and signs 5 yr deal - official
« Reply #200 on: August 7, 2009, 10:34:15 pm »
Thank you all! And Roy, you are by far a bigger Perv than Len Fairclough in Queen's Drive baths!   :D

Anybody else hear Christian Poulsen on his way for a medical?? 90%

90% of him? He's Danish not Swedish isn't he. We're not fucking buyng hm from Ikea!   :P
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

royhendo

« Reply #201 on: August 7, 2009, 10:37:13 pm »
...you are by far a bigger Perv than Len Fairclough in Queen's Drive baths!   :D

Ever seen "The Granton Star Cause"? We're all like that up here mate. ;D

Offline anil

• Kopite
« Reply #202 on: August 7, 2009, 10:43:33 pm »
Too bad macca's post ignored that Alonso could not be sold last year at 15m because no-one wanted him.

Little to do with Parry. 

We've got top dollar for Alonso because he had his best season in years, Madrid are weak in that area, want more Spaniards and he's under a 3yr contract with us.  Benitez is to be commended for sticking to his price as he really held all the cards.  I do think Parry would have somehow managed to get less money though, when clearly, Real were there to be taken.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 7, 2009, 10:44:21 pm »
Too bad macca's post ignored that Alonso could not be sold last year at 15m because no-one wanted him.

Little to do with Parry. 

Too bad you missed the point emphatically as well.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline anil

• Kopite
« Reply #204 on: August 7, 2009, 10:45:55 pm »
I probably did because I did not find it funny at all.

I'm pretty humourless you see.  That must be it.

Offline Funkster

• Main Stander
« Reply #205 on: August 7, 2009, 10:47:43 pm »
I disagree.  I think Poulsen will be a direct back up to Mascherano and wouldn't be ahead of Lucas in the pecking order.  Rafa has Lucas under his wing and knows what to do with the lad.  Lucas will start at CM for the time being whilst Aquilani is hurt and when he's back - they'll do battle.  If Lucas had looked out of depth in pre-season this year, then I'd say maybe you had a case but he has looked strong and hungry this year.  He's in at CM.

I hope so too, because I reckon Lucas will be a top class footballer given another season or two.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Bob Paisley

royhendo

« Reply #206 on: August 7, 2009, 10:49:42 pm »
Appropriate username.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #207 on: August 7, 2009, 10:50:07 pm »

Online Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #208 on: August 7, 2009, 10:55:13 pm »
Found this on youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piEZqbe121s

Not sure if its been mentioned but the great thing about this vid is that he shoots with his right and left and seems comfortable doing so in matches judging by his goal against England U21's.

Anyway welcome Alberto you have come to a great club, make yourself a legend.

Offline bridgetown

• Main Stander
  • If You've Got A Blue Nose Get Out of My Way.
« Reply #209 on: August 7, 2009, 10:55:40 pm »
Welcome Alberto

YNWA
"West Ham think they've won this"

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #211 on: August 7, 2009, 10:57:55 pm »
Aqui-laaaani, Aqui-laaaani, ole, ole ole...

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #212 on: August 7, 2009, 10:58:43 pm »

You must be kidding, but then again...

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #213 on: August 7, 2009, 10:59:20 pm »
I'm looking forward to his wicked shot and the havoc he can cause with his work rate.  He's going to be another threat, creating space and chances for others.  He's gonna be good for us...
Agree with this, from what i've seen of him his work rate is awesome, let's hope he stays fit, that's 2 people with a high work rate in the team now, can only be a good thing, he's a good passer and has a wicked shot, will put my life on him getting more goals than alonso this season, welcome to our club AA, enjoy our city and the adoration you will receive.
YNWA
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 7, 2009, 10:59:22 pm »
Beautiful Aristeia! If it's OK with you I'll stick it on here once I've got it OK?

How come everyone's fallen in love with Aristeia all of a sudden? I can't decide it it's friendly or slightly sexually harassing.

Offline redplanet

• Kopite
  • There is no outside the box
« Reply #215 on: August 7, 2009, 11:01:04 pm »

:lmao :lmao :lmao
I just watched my dog chase his tail for 10 minutes and thought, "Wow, dogs are easily entertained." Then I realized I just watched my dog chase his tail for 10 minutes...

Offline tHe^CuLpRit

• Legacy Fan
  • just another Malaysian Red
« Reply #216 on: August 7, 2009, 11:02:10 pm »
Cross-eyed fucker, bet he'll confuse alot of defenders!!
As Shankly once said form is temporary, being shite is permanent.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 7, 2009, 11:02:55 pm »
anyone know if they'll parade him at HT in the game tomorrow?

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #218 on: August 7, 2009, 11:04:28 pm »
Brentie
Likes bashing his Dirk when online.
Legend

We all Live in a Red and White Kop

« Reply #199 on: Today at 10:33:23 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Should we really read anything about him passing his medical?

These are the people who gave Philipe Degen the all clear after all...

Gonna nail my colors to the mast here. I think this is the biggest gamble Rafa as ever taken. He's replacing one of our untouchable first 11 starters by a man of undoubted talent but also fragile health.

He's doing it in the full knowledge that man may miss the first 2 months of the season and will in all likelyhood (no pre season) not be fully match fit and used to the English game until Christmas.

He's placing an awfull lot of trust in Aquilani and Lucas' talents. I hope to God he turns out to be right, as he's often been, because if not the knives will be out and rightly so.

Completely agree except for the bit about having to trust in Lucas's talents - I think he is a better player than that. However as Brentie has said this is the biggest risk we have taken for years and his record over the last 5 years (despite his obvious skill) gives no confidence whatsoever in the toughest league in Europe.
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline tHe^CuLpRit

• Legacy Fan
  • just another Malaysian Red
« Reply #219 on: August 7, 2009, 11:05:50 pm »
anyone know if they'll parade him at HT in the game tomorrow?

Nah, they're having a separate parade for him on Sunday. On an open top bus. Expect hundreds of thousands people to line the street in welcoming him.
As Shankly once said form is temporary, being shite is permanent.

Offline JoeTwerp

• Leader of the Maryland Vigilante Child Army. Mayor of Twerpville. Population 2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: August 7, 2009, 11:07:40 pm »
sometimes on youtube his name is spelled Albertone.  Is that like the Italian version of calling someone named Dan, Danny?

Offline JoeTwerp

• Leader of the Maryland Vigilante Child Army. Mayor of Twerpville. Population 2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 7, 2009, 11:09:26 pm »
can we get some names from the "biggest risk ever" people that would have been sure things?

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 7, 2009, 11:10:35 pm »
P.P.S. I've a sneaky feeling Aquilani's quite similar to Roberto Falcao - is that a fair thing to say?

I'd have thought that was a daft thing to say, or even care about at this stage. And Lucas ain't Socrates either. First things first... let's hope Aquilani turns out to be as good as Aquilani before we start comparing him with Falcao.

Offline Emlynevermore

• Twinkletoes
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bounce!
« Reply #223 on: August 7, 2009, 11:11:14 pm »

Dexter?  :o

How come everyone's fallen in love with Aristeia all of a sudden? I can't decide it it's friendly or slightly sexually harassing.

I think we were all looking for reassurance after signing a guy who is meant to "replace" the fulcrum of our midfield and one of the best passers on the planet. 

She has likely seen more of him than anyone here, has offered perspective on the larger Roma picture, and has translated some Italian news on the transfer for us.

In short, it's something to do with swearing, giving head, and bumming.  Which sounds like prison, actually...
« Last Edit: August 7, 2009, 11:12:46 pm by Emlynevermore »
Forza Viola!
Sitting in my car near anfield I've just had an amazing idea. Why not get behind the team?

Offline aristeia

• Main Stander
  • ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
« Reply #224 on: August 7, 2009, 11:12:51 pm »
sometimes on youtube his name is spelled Albertone.  Is that like the Italian version of calling someone named Dan, Danny?

"one" is a suffix in Italian.  It generally means big, but not always in size.  You eat tortellini ("ini" is little) and tortelloni (plural form of "one" is "oni").  Similar to the Portuguese "inho" is just a suffix to change a name for nickname purposes, etc.  Just a nickname. 
« Last Edit: August 7, 2009, 11:15:05 pm by aristeia »

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #225 on: August 7, 2009, 11:13:23 pm »
Completely agree except for the bit about having to trust in Lucas's talents - I think he is a better player than that. However as Brentie has said this is the biggest risk we have taken for years and his record over the last 5 years (despite his obvious skill) gives no confidence whatsoever in the toughest league in Europe.

I don't because it's a bunch of nonsense.  Torres is, bar none, the biggest risk we've taken, because it's his purchase that either moved our play up into a different plain or left us with our biggest failure to date on the books.  Aquilani, unlike Torres, is being put into a successful system, with quality players around him, and doesn't have the fate of the club resting on his shoulders.  I doubt he'll be out for more then a month and as the mancs showed, a bad start doesn't mean the end of the world.  It's not the biggest gamble Rafa has ever made, not even close, Rafa gets physically excited by moments like these, because he has the biggest balls in football, and he loves to show them off.  So keep your 'sky is falling' mentality for the in game threads.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline Emlynevermore

• Twinkletoes
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bounce!
« Reply #226 on: August 7, 2009, 11:14:04 pm »
"one" is a suffix in Italian.  It generally means big, but not always in size.  You eat tortellini ("ini" is little) and tortelloni (plural form of "one" is "oni").  Similar to the Portuguese "inho", etc.  Just a nickname.

Oh, so like Huddlestone?  I get it now.
Forza Viola!
Sitting in my car near anfield I've just had an amazing idea. Why not get behind the team?

Offline maher

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone..
« Reply #227 on: August 7, 2009, 11:14:16 pm »
Welcome Alberto
Welcome to Anfield

Online kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #228 on: August 7, 2009, 11:14:41 pm »
Really good news he's passed his medical. Got to move on now from the worry about his fitness because this proves that

1) He's got blood
2) He can urinate without falling over and
3) He can cough.

Get in.

Funny stuff indeed. And I mean that seriously.

However, I'm not too worried about his past. A £20m medical will not be taken lightly and I'm pretty convinced that once fit and brought back into football slowley he'll be fine. Sounds to me like Roma have't been dealing with injuries very well lately and is most likely been the issue for Aqi.

Looking at his record, he's had a thigh problem and an ankle problem, and a relapse of both after the initial injuries. Looks like he's been rused back to me, thus making 2 injuries into 4.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

royhendo

« Reply #229 on: August 7, 2009, 11:15:21 pm »
I'd have thought that was a daft thing to say, or even care about at this stage. And Lucas ain't Socrates either. First things first... let's hope Aquilani turns out to be as good as Aquilani before we start comparing him with Falcao.

True enough but as the good lady is a Roma fan and as there are similarities and since me and the missus have polished off too much vino then why not go with the hyperbole eh? ;D

It's not like I said Souness. That'd be overdoing things.

Offline LegendsLost

• Kopite
« Reply #230 on: August 7, 2009, 11:16:21 pm »
can we get some names from the "biggest risk ever" people that would have been sure things?

I'm not one of those people, but you'd be pretty foolish to not expect Andriy Shevchenko to bang in at least 25 for Chelsea...

Offline aristeia

• Main Stander
  • ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
« Reply #231 on: August 7, 2009, 11:17:08 pm »
Beautiful Aristeia! If it's OK with you I'll stick it on here once I've got it OK?

http://rawk.impulsed.net

P.S. have a look cos there are a lot of good games on there.

P.P.S. I've a sneaky feeling Aquilani's quite similar to Roberto Falcao - is that a fair thing to say?

I've found the other leg, but not that one yet.  I did do a laptop switch recently... so my folders are still a bit wonky.  I'll keep looking-- and uploading it there is more than fine.  Plus, thanks for the link!

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 7, 2009, 11:17:23 pm »
BREATHE PEOPLE AND GET DRUNK!!

Precisely what I'm doing right now except I'm breathing air.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #233 on: August 7, 2009, 11:17:37 pm »
The more I think about this, the more it seems like yet another masterstroke from the genius mind that is Rafa:

Back in May, Xabi makes it plain that he wants to leave. After thinking that Alonso will get £20 million at a push because he couldn't get £16 million for him last year, Rafa's Hawking like brain quickly performs a million calculations, processes 1000's of scouting reports and watches 100's of hours of Macedonian Red's youtube files.

"Aquilani is the man for me" says Rafa, so he phones up Roma. "I'll happily pay the £17 million, but what? He's just had an op and he'll be out for weeks? Fuck! Oh hang on a minute, that'll give me time  to fuck Perez and Valdano about and I might make a few bob as well.

"Benitez, £22 million is our final offer. No sorry, make that £24 million. Hello ...  hello?" Perez rings back "OK £25 million is our final offer. Did I say £26, I meant £28 million." and all Perez can hear is Rafa whistling the tune from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Rafa then sits in his chair at Melwood stroking his white Persian cat for a couple of weeks and thinks "£28 million! Fuck me! Now if I can just get Alonso to hand in a request, I'll make an extra £3 million!"

Alonso goes home to Spainto sulk for a couple of days and eventually phones Rafa up. "OK Benitez you win! I'll give you your fucking transfer request. Damn you Rafa! Damn you to hell!" Rafa responds "OK then, tell Perez to call me tomorrow."

In the meantime, Rafa phones Roma "Is Aquilani ready to step up his rehab physio? Good, send him over. Nice doing business with you!"

Next day, Perez phones up. "So we have a deal at £28 million?"
"Do we fuck!" says Rafa. "I said £30 milion."
"You thieving fucking bastardo!" screams Valdano on the conference call. Rafa hangs up.

Brrrnng Brrnnng.

""OK £30 million it is." says a dejected Perez.
"And don't forget the add ons, fuck face!" laughs Benitez into the phone. "And you will forever rue the day you crossed swords with Don Rafael Benitez."

Rafa turns in his chair to face a picture of Rick Parry, raises a glass of Cava, smiles and says
"To you Rick. A Man who couldn't sell Alonso for £15 million. Well I managed to get a player who is a better version of the Barry style more attacking midfielder I wanted last year, who fits into my style of play better, for only £17 million, sell Alonso for twice what you couldn't get for him last year, save an extra £3 million on the loyalty bonus AND make Perez and Valdano look like a bigger pair of tits than Jordan. How do you like them fucking apples Rick?"

Fantastic Macca. 

You are Rafa and I claim my fiver  :wave
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #234 on: August 7, 2009, 11:18:34 pm »

I don't know about that, I find you a right laugh.
It is most odd.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 7, 2009, 11:19:29 pm »
Dexter?  :o

I think we were all looking for reassurance after signing a guy who is meant to "replace" the fulcrum of our midfield and one of the best passers on the planet. 

She has likely seen more of him than anyone here, has offered perspective on the larger Roma picture, and has translated some Italian news on the transfer for us.

In short, it's something to do with swearing, giving head, and bumming.  Which sounds like prison, actually...

It's ok. I'm just jealous as she's taken all the Roma fan who translates thunder ;)

royhendo

« Reply #236 on: August 7, 2009, 11:20:28 pm »
I've found the other leg, but not that one yet.  I did do a laptop switch recently... so my folders are still a bit wonky.  I'll keep looking-- and uploading it there is more than fine.  Plus, thanks for the link!

Hopefully we can keep it growing Aristeia. Aquilani looked awesome in that game from the longer highlights.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #237 on: August 7, 2009, 11:21:10 pm »
Should we really read anything about him passing his medical?

These are the people who gave Philipe Degen the all clear after all...

Gonna nail my colors to the mast here. I think this is the biggest gamble Rafa as ever taken. He's replacing one of our untouchable first 11 starters by a man of undoubted talent but also fragile health.

He's doing it in the full knowledge that man may miss the first 2 months of the season and will in all likelyhood (no pre season) not be fully match fit and used to the English game until Christmas.

He's placing an awfull lot of trust in Aquilani and Lucas' talents. I hope to God he turns out to be right, as he's often been, because if not the knives will be out and rightly so.

Never got anything positive to say.
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline Emlynevermore

• Twinkletoes
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bounce!
« Reply #238 on: August 7, 2009, 11:21:41 pm »
It's ok. I'm just jealous as she's taken all the Roma fan who translates thunder ;)

Well, you should probably swear more.  Or give more head.  Either or.
Forza Viola!

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 7, 2009, 11:23:08 pm »
Well, you should probably swear more.  Or give more head.  Either or.

Well fuck you or I'll suck you off!

?