Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 251725 times)

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
Re: Cancer
« Reply #920 on: October 29, 2011, 09:54:55 pm »
Off to see my dad.... went into a hospice a few days ago ... last rites yesterday  :butt
not really responsive now... hooked up to drips & drugs.. it's not if.... but when  :'(
he's 74... had a good run as they say... he'd say.... 'feck off & have a pint' - (Irish Docker)

Sounds like a decent man.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #921 on: October 30, 2011, 12:44:34 pm »
Tell him you love him, tell him its ok to go now, then go and have a pint in his memory. Sorry for your situation mate. Thoughts are with you both.

I can only echo this hixx. God bless you and your family...

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #922 on: October 30, 2011, 04:11:20 pm »
Jeez hixx so sorry. I went through that in January and the hospice my Dad was in was also wonderful.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #923 on: November 1, 2011, 03:43:53 pm »
My Father passed away this morning at 7am..... Peacefully in his sleep.. I thank you all ..  :'(

Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Online Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: November 1, 2011, 03:51:05 pm »
Sorry to hear that mate.Been through it myself and
My Father passed away this morning at 7am..... Peacefully in his sleep.. I thank you all ..  :'(

so sorry to hear that mate.Its horrible to have to go through it all.Lost my dad to leukemia  under two years ago and know how you feel.Sounds like he was a good chap : )

YNWA
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: November 1, 2011, 03:51:17 pm »
RIP, stay strong :)

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #926 on: November 1, 2011, 04:14:29 pm »
Condolences, hixxstar.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #927 on: November 1, 2011, 04:18:57 pm »

RIP
YNWA

Sorry to hear that Hixx,hope you can remain strong in this time.

Second round of chemo tomorrow,first round started off ok but then sent me to hell and back,hiccups for 36 hours,vomiting,the lot. was a mess last week and was ready to give up and refuse the treatment from now on,got  bit more strength back now and ready for this again. hopefully as im not as rundown as i was last time it wont be as bad....fingers crossed......
My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Online Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: November 1, 2011, 04:35:02 pm »

RIP
YNWA

Second round of chemo tomorrow,first round started off ok but then sent me to hell and back,hiccups for 36 hours,vomiting,the lot. was a mess last week and was ready to give up and refuse the treatment from now on,got  bit more strength back now and ready for this again. hopefully as im not as rundown as i was last time it wont be as bad....fingers crossed......

Best of luck with it mate, hope its not as bad as last time for ya
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #929 on: November 1, 2011, 04:39:34 pm »

Best of luck with it mate, hope its not as bad as last time for ya

Cheers Roady,here's hoping.......

Henry Rollins

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: November 1, 2011, 08:08:11 pm »
hopefully as im not as rundown as i was last time it wont be as bad....fingers crossed......

The Sky I Scrape: .. .. I wish you the best mate...

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: November 1, 2011, 08:45:13 pm »
hixx: My condolences to you. My thought are with you and your family.

TSIS: Best wishes - I hope you get through the second round in better shape.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #932 on: November 1, 2011, 08:55:01 pm »
The Sky I Scrape: .. .. I wish you the best mate...

Thanks mate. Hope you are bearing up ok. Cant imagine how you must be feeling.....

Thanks also to you thomas b! much appreciated matey....

Henry Rollins

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: November 1, 2011, 09:42:03 pm »
So sorry Hixx, my thoughts are with you. You can always chat to us here if you need to.

Hope your treatment goes better Sky. All the best mate.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #934 on: November 1, 2011, 09:53:28 pm »
So sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #935 on: November 1, 2011, 09:54:59 pm »
Sorry to hear that Hixx, my condolences to you.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #936 on: November 1, 2011, 10:37:21 pm »
God bless you hixx and may he help you stay strong.
My advice would be to allow yourself time to grieve. You can be strong, and you will need to be, but don't keep it in.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: November 2, 2011, 03:15:34 am »
I'm actually quite calm atm... busy with sorting the music for the funeral ! ... classic Irish stuff, slow acoustic stuff.. (keeps u busy & focused)
got an older sister & bro sorting the funeral... i'm a young 47 ! .. .. were working as a team for once.. dad would be proud  ;D
i really do read the response's & other post's.. it really dose help... it dose.
 it's like a sound board to ask/seek a resonse before you say the wrong thing to peeps .... a death is such an emotive time
speak in haste & repent in time .... (if you know what i mean) ... thanks to all--i really do love this forum (respect here & full p*ss take else where)  8)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #938 on: November 2, 2011, 06:02:40 am »

So sorry to hear that mate. If you need a chat feel free to pm me. I'm in the same boat as you at the moment, just a little further sown the line.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #939 on: November 2, 2011, 06:05:36 am »

RIP
YNWA

Praying that you've got the strength to get through this mate. Must be awful for you.

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #940 on: November 2, 2011, 07:12:02 am »
Really sorry to hear that Hixxstar.

Stay strong TSIS.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: November 4, 2011, 11:34:49 pm »
Ah well, what a shit few days we've had.

Monday night Joanne came home from a weekend in London with her sister, I even treated them both to tea at the Ritz last Sat night. Noticed staright away she didn't look right. She had a liver biopsy the Monday before she went to London but seemed OK before she went on the Friday. Anyway, her stomach was sore and I told her to ring the Lilac Centre in the morning , which she did, who told her to ring her GP and they would get in touch with the oncologist. She rang the GP and wasn't surprised thye couldn't get her in that day even though she told them it was an emergency, they told ring back in the morning. I suggested I take her to A&E but she said she would to see the GP following day.

Following day she rang first thing and after being told she couldn't see the GP again she had a bit of a barney with them and finally got an appointment. GP told her it was probably trapped wind , gave her some antibiotics for a week and told her to comeback if she was no better.

Later that night (Weds) I went to bed at 11pm, she went up early as her stomach was still sore and she said will I take her to A&E first thing in the morning, no I said, we're going now.

Off to A&E at Whiston and got there around midnight, she was seen straight away, had a blood test, heart scan and saw the doc who gave her an examination and she was also given some morphine to ease the pain and then went for an X Ray. Blood tests came back and they were bad, very bad (were fine on the 28th) and it seems her kidneys had give in, X Ray and heart scan seemed OK. Unsure as to what was going on really but they said they would try to get as much fluid in as possible.  She was given a bed on a ward and I left at 7:00am Thurs morn when she was stable, pain had been relieved somewhat but she had started to become dizzy, confused. I was told by the doc at the time that this was likely a build up of calcium affecting her brain.

Went back Thurs afternoon at 3:00pm, her face was jaundiced as were her eyes. She was very confused, a lot like the symptons of Alzeimers, OK one minute then the next, completely out of it, no awareness of where she was etc. Didn't see a doc all day but she had a CT scan later on that afternoon and they were still assessing her, just making sure she was comfortable and taking in lots of fluids. Left her at 8:40pm and she was still as confused as when I arrived.

Went in this afternoon at 1:00pm, still no change from what I could see and as you can imagine, getting quite worried about her state. Still very week, hardly eating any solids and I had to spoon feed her some jelly and ice cream. Was told when I got there that the doc wanted a word with me and managed to see a doc about 4:30pm just after she had been moved to another ward. Doc took me into an office and went through what was going on as I was still in the dark to what exactly was wrong, just working on assumptions at the time. Said it looks like the liver biopsy had caused an infection which had caused her kidneys to fail for one reason or another. CT Scan came back good, so there was no tumour in her brain which was good news and she had improved very slightly, according to the blood tests, from Thursday. The doc also said that she needs to improve a lot and even said if it came to it, because of her standing condition (palliative care) they wouldn't resuscitate her if it came to that. She didn't say her condition would lead to that, but they weren't sure and couldn't guarantee she would get better and had to make me aware of that possibility. That really told me she was really as bad as she looked and although it was always in the back of my mind that this day will come one day, hearing a doc say that to you really does affect you. I had to go back then and finish feeding her ice cream, christ, that was hard.

A few minutes later Joanne's oncologist and breast care nurse came to see us and told us pretty much what the doc told me but obviously not as blunt to Joanne, we had a bit of a cry and a hug. The breast care nurse also told us she would try and get Joanne into a cubicle tomorrow. When I left at just after 7:00pm, Jo was tired and nodded off so I hope she has a good sleep and gets better. What's worse, visiting at the moment on the ward is only 3-4 and 6-7 and that's only 2 hrs a day I can see Jo, so  hopefully I can have a word with one of the nurses so I can spend more time with her.

I'm absolutely gutted at the moment, can't sleep and certainly can't stop thinking about her, just can't abide her being on her own and so confused, just want to hug her and tell her it'll be alright.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: November 4, 2011, 11:44:42 pm »
Keithcun, I'm thinking of you and yours. Prayers are with you both

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: November 4, 2011, 11:50:25 pm »
Keithcun, I'm thinking of you and yours. Prayers are with you both

echo this, praying for you both mate.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: November 4, 2011, 11:56:11 pm »
So sorry to hear that, Keith, it's heartbreaking. You're both in my thoughts and I sincerely hope you will get to spend more time with her and that she feels better soon. Sending you lots of healing, caring vibes.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: November 4, 2011, 11:57:23 pm »

FFS keith..... no words of mine can really do any good for you right now I guess. The obvious would be to say stay strong, be there for her etc but you also need to think of yourself in this situation. For you to be strong and supportive you need to be as good as you can be so talking and venting (like you've just done here) is crucial to get some of it off your chest.

"Luckily" for my family and my dad we didn't get the "it's-not-a-amatter-of-if-it's-a-matter-of-when" message until 4 days before my dad passed so we didn't have too much time to think about it. On the other hand we didn't get very much time to say goodbye either but at least my dad (who was very vain and hated the possibility of ending up like a veggie) got out before he was tied to the bed and couldn't do anything by himself.

Fuck I'm just rambling here... I can not begin to imagine what it must be like for you. Thoughts are with you and Jo. God bless!!

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: November 5, 2011, 12:18:16 am »
Thoughts are with you too, hixxstar, sending you my condolences

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: November 5, 2011, 02:10:28 am »
Thanks guys, can't sleep, just stare at the ceiling. The more you try not to think about it the more you do, I think, but there's part of me that wants to think about it. Ah, life is so shit at times.

The amount of times today I'm just staring at her as she goes in and out of conciousness, eyes rolling, then that smile, fuck, that smile, eating away at me, killing me. Wouldn't mind if I could get blotto but I need to be there tomorrow, fresh face and a smile on my face and I will. Then you have to get home and phone the in laws, my parents and tell them the progress, tell them things that they don't want to hear, then you're off again, then to bed, dark, empty, nothing to take your mind away, so go on the PC, take my mind off it for a minute.

I'm off to bed again,  my eyes are starting to hurt, hopefully I'll get some sleep.

Thanks again, it does help to vent and it helps knowing people are out there giving their best wishes and hope and it is very much appreciated I can tell you.

Goodnight, hopefully.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #948 on: November 5, 2011, 05:29:49 am »

Hope everything goes well for Jo mate.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: November 5, 2011, 08:58:42 am »
Keithcun, I echo what others have said, come on here to vent if you need to because we're all thinking of you and Jo. My other suggestion would be McMillan who I'm sure you're already very familiar with, but they're there for you as well as the patient, even if all you want is to chat to someone unconnected with what's going on to just get it all out. The number is 0808 808 00 00 and it's open Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm.

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #950 on: November 5, 2011, 09:33:03 am »
My sympathies to hixxstar and family. After my mums death in July, my other half lost his father in October, so it's all so raw for me still.

Keithcun, I am so sorry for the torture you are going through. Just keep going, never give up.  Kez suggestion of talking with the McMillan nurses is a good one, they were very supportive to our whole family. Big hug to all affected by the nastiest of illnesses.
Never give up

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: November 5, 2011, 10:22:08 am »
Thanks again guys. feel a lot better this morning, managed about 4 hrs kip but best of all I had a 20 min chat with Jo on the phone. She seems a lot more attentitive in the chat we had, no rambling whatsoever. It's hard to know exactly how she is and will only find out later when I go in, but it's cheered me up no end but I'll still have plenty of caution as to her true condition when I go to see her. Best wishes to all of you.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: November 5, 2011, 10:24:02 am »
Best wishes to you keith. YNWA.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #953 on: November 5, 2011, 11:01:39 am »
Prayers for you & Jo, Keith.
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #954 on: November 5, 2011, 12:29:23 pm »
Best wishes keith,hope you can stay strong mate........

Henry Rollins

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: November 5, 2011, 02:11:33 pm »
So sorry to hear that Keith, really hope she feels better soon. Always remember we are all here to chat to if you need it.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: November 6, 2011, 12:34:15 am »
Managed to blag my way through both visiting slots without leaving. As thought from my earlier phone call with her, Jo was much better today, still confused at times but nowhere near as much as yesterday and tailed off later in the day when she was getting more tired. I'm getting the impression she is falling asleep for a while, dreaming then when she wakes she thinks her dream was reality, that's all I can think of because some of the thinks she was coming out with (mainly Friday). Hopefully she will progress tomorrow too. Didn't get to see the doc today to check how her blood levels are but will hopefully find out tomorrow.

Can't believe how understaffed they are, the nurses were working like troopers, didn't have a minute, just so understaffed to treat everyone as they should.

thanks for the support to everyone, means a lot.

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: November 6, 2011, 03:11:03 am »
only just read all this...thoughts are with you Keith stay strong man.
Indeed...

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #958 on: November 6, 2011, 03:34:23 am »

So sad.

R.I.P the best to you and your family.  :'(

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #959 on: November 6, 2011, 03:47:22 am »
My mum died of cancer.

My Dad had it and when they operated on him they give him a week to live, they had to cut most of his stomach out,  leaving it the size of a tea cup thats what they told me anyway. .

But some how he got past that and weeks turned into months and then into years and many years later he died of a heart attack.

I still remember the day he thought he may have it, I don't want to go into the details of what happened  but it was horrific.

I was quite young at the time and it still sends shivers down my spine believe me there is a lot of better ways to find out you have it than how he did.

I just edited the message I wrote  a while back and Tracy just caught me being sick and had a right go at me, I said it was the drink but really it was a mixture of that and thinking back to what happened on that day when writing this message.

That moment in my life is still hard to get over even after he made a full recovery from it.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2011, 04:56:58 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.