Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 251263 times)

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
Re: Cancer
« Reply #800 on: October 5, 2011, 09:37:38 am »
Been umming and aahing for a while on whether to post in this thread. Was diagnosed this May, had an operation in July and will be having my fourth course of chemo on Thursday. My two boys, hubbie and love of LFC are helping me through. Good luck and best wishes to everyone on here who are directly or indirectly on the journey. xx

What is it you have? if you dont mind me asking? hope the chemo isnt doing your head in too much?! i hate that bloody stuff!!
My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Offline lawrie

• Legacy Fan
  • Done the treble
« Reply #801 on: October 5, 2011, 12:33:13 pm »
What is it you have? if you dont mind me asking? hope the chemo isnt doing your head in too much?! i hate that bloody stuff!!

Hi, i know it sounds silly but I dont ever talk about my 'c' (still cant really say the word!!!!!) although have no problems at all talking about treatment and anything else relating to it. The chemo isnt too bad - it's about a 6 hour session. After the Thursday session I will start to feel rubbish on Saturday night and will start feeling better by the following Wednesday. It's an upward spiral all the way then until the next one....really hope your scan results are ok today. x
« Last Edit: October 5, 2011, 12:37:45 pm by lawrie »

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #802 on: October 5, 2011, 12:45:57 pm »
I felt a bit rubbish, not asking when you were over here - didn't know if I should broach it with your nephew in tow - but I hope things improve and that the great spirits continue :wave
Thanks and you probably did the right thing. The lad knows about it but does not really want to hear about his grandad's illness.  :wave

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #803 on: October 5, 2011, 01:45:32 pm »
Lost me auld fella today, died peacefully at home after a long battle to leukaemia at 11.40 this morning. Words can't describe how numb I feel in side right now. Officially an orphan aswell now.

Goodnight and Godbless pops and say hello to me ma for me. :'(

YNWA.

Offline Raul!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: October 5, 2011, 01:51:29 pm »
Lost me auld fella today, died peacefully at home after a long battle to leukaemia at 11.40 this morning. Words can't describe how numb I feel in side right now. Officially an orphan aswell now.

YNWA.
very sorry to hear that mate, my thoughts are with you.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: October 5, 2011, 01:54:43 pm »
very sorry to hear that mate, my thoughts are with you.

Thanks mate.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #806 on: October 5, 2011, 01:59:09 pm »

YNWA.

sorry to hear that mate. my thoughts to you and yours.

rip
ynwa

Henry Rollins

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #807 on: October 5, 2011, 02:04:04 pm »
Hi, i know it sounds silly but I dont ever talk about my 'c' (still cant really say the word!!!!!) although have no problems at all talking about treatment and anything else relating to it. The chemo isnt too bad - it's about a 6 hour session. After the Thursday session I will start to feel rubbish on Saturday night and will start feeling better by the following Wednesday. It's an upward spiral all the way then until the next one....really hope your scan results are ok today. x

Ah,no worries! its not silly,i treat with as much disdain as i can usually!! like an unwanted friend!

glad you arent suffering with the chemo too much by the sound of it?! mine was three week cycles,drip the first week,took about two days to make me feel pretty shitty! tablet the second week,would make me sick and feel quite high sometimes! then by the third id start to feel human again! then back around! wouldnt wish chemo on my worst enemy let alone 'c'!!!

results come tomorrow morning,feeling ok,just want to know but also dont want to know either! aaarrrggghhh!!! haha!

Henry Rollins

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #808 on: October 5, 2011, 02:04:41 pm »
I echo the comments above Mr Rossi - if we can help in any way then let us know. Thoughts are with you.

And good luck lawrie - fingers crossed for you.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #809 on: October 5, 2011, 02:05:12 pm »
Sorry Mr Rossi.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: October 5, 2011, 02:05:35 pm »
sorry to hear that mate. my thoughts to you and yours.

rip
ynwa

Cheers mate, all the family downstairs mourning and i'm up here like a zombie staring at a computer screen, reading this site and tryin to take me mind off everything, knocking can after can of export back. Not even got round to phoning the funeral directors so they can take my dad away yet. Haven't a clue what i'm doing at the moment, just typing for typings sake.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: October 5, 2011, 02:07:02 pm »
Thanks everyone, just goes to show even though we may not know each other personally, LFC is one big family.

P.S My thoughts and prayers go out to you aswell Lawrie. Hope everything goes alright for you.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #812 on: October 5, 2011, 02:08:49 pm »
Not even got round to phoning the funeral directors so they can take my dad away yet.

You should do that now. It's hard but it has to be done.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: October 5, 2011, 02:11:44 pm »
You should do that now. It's hard but it has to be done.

I know, I know mate. Think my aunties just want to spend a bit of time with their brother. Thats why I come up here, cant stand seeing him like that myself. Want to remember him for the good times.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #814 on: October 5, 2011, 02:14:46 pm »
sorry for your loss mr. rossi.

was through the same a couple of years ago. felt kind of ok just to get the practical things going just to keep occupied. At the same time, it was ok to sit down with the family and actually talk for a while. our family is pretty close but we don't really talk much on emotional stuff.. it was good to use the sad happening to open up a little..

when the practical things were over with, then the emptiness got in.. never quite the same again, but time heals and got to keep going. all the best
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #815 on: October 5, 2011, 02:20:36 pm »

YNWA.

Thoughts are with you and your family.  Remeber the good times.

Offline finchy1972

• Legacy Fan
  • Here's a story of a poor boy
« Reply #816 on: October 5, 2011, 04:45:12 pm »
Really sorry for your loss Mr rossi . Just had some bad news today about my mother in law , about four weeks ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer .
She had the operation and they thought it hadn't spread to her lymph nodes until today when she has now found out they didnt get it all in her breast as its deeper than they thought and it has spread to her lymph nodes in her neck and her arm pit. What a horrible disease
Whatever we are , we are , whatever we will be is yet to be written .

Offline lawrie

• Legacy Fan
  • Done the treble
« Reply #817 on: October 5, 2011, 05:30:21 pm »
Thanks everyone, just goes to show even though we may not know each other personally, LFC is one big family.

P.S My thoughts and prayers go out to you aswell Lawrie. Hope everything goes alright for you.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers even though you are suffering so much. God bless you and yours at such a terrible time

Offline lawrie

• Legacy Fan
  • Done the treble
« Reply #818 on: October 5, 2011, 05:32:51 pm »
Really sorry for your loss Mr rossi . Just had some bad news today about my mother in law , about four weeks ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer .
She had the operation and they thought it hadn't spread to her lymph nodes until today when she has now found out they didnt get it all in her breast as its deeper than they thought and it has spread to her lymph nodes in her neck and her arm pit. What a horrible disease

A friend of mine who had a similar diagnosis to your mum-in-law 18 months ago has just had the all clear. Keep the faith. x

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #819 on: October 5, 2011, 05:55:37 pm »
Mr Rossi sorry to hear about your loss... thoughts are with you now.

YNWA
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline finchy1972

• Legacy Fan
  • Here's a story of a poor boy
« Reply #820 on: October 5, 2011, 06:06:39 pm »

A friend of mine who had a similar diagnosis to your mum-in-law 18 months ago has just had the all clear. Keep the faith. x
Thanks she's a tough cookie so it's in for one hell of a fight.
Whatever we are , we are , whatever we will be is yet to be written .

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: October 5, 2011, 07:47:41 pm »
Thoughts are with you and your family.  Remeber the good times.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers even though you are suffering so much. God bless you and yours at such a terrible time
Mr Rossi sorry to hear about your loss... thoughts are with you now.

YNWA

Thank you so much everyone. Your kind words have been very much appreciated.

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #822 on: October 5, 2011, 08:47:21 pm »
Thank you so much everyone. Your kind words have been very much appreciated.
thoughts with you and yours at this side time.
try to remember your old mad the way he was and all the good times you shared
"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #823 on: October 5, 2011, 09:29:41 pm »
So sorry for your loss Mr. Rossi. My thoughts are with you tonight. God bless!

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #824 on: October 5, 2011, 10:10:54 pm »
i posted earlier in the thread about my uncle having lung cancer and the docs etc nor being able to do anything,
well my bro was telling they have found two more lumps on his windpipe and thus crushing his windpipe and causing him probs breating now
hospital have decided to give hime a dose of chemo to try n shrink them.
the thing is what can i expect my uncle to be like after first dose, as he keeps saying he wants to do it all on is own he wont even let my da<his brother> take him and bring him back on thursday.
"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: October 5, 2011, 10:21:23 pm »
i posted earlier in the thread about my uncle having lung cancer and the docs etc nor being able to do anything,
well my bro was telling they have found two more lumps on his windpipe and thus crushing his windpipe and causing him probs breating now
the thing is what can i expect my uncle to be like after first dose, as he keeps saying he wants to do it all on is own he wont even let my da<his brother> take him and bring him back on thursday.

I doubt very much your uncle will be able to go through this on his own. He's goin to need all the help and family support he can get. If he says he doesn't want help now, he'll soon change his mind.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: October 5, 2011, 10:22:30 pm »
I echo the comments above Mr Rossi - if we can help in any way then let us know. Thoughts are with you.

And good luck lawrie - fingers crossed for you.

this.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #827 on: October 5, 2011, 10:34:40 pm »
I doubt very much your uncle will be able to go through this on his own. He's goin to need all the help and family support he can get. If he says he doesn't want help now, he'll soon change his mind.
this was mine and my GF first thoughts,its a tricky situation really  without going in to to much details, he has two daughters but they dont wabnt to know
my dad is retired so will have a lot more time than us to help him when the time comes. but me and my two brothers n gf wives etc all want to help.
my uncle has lived on his own for a number of years so i guess he is set in his ways to that extent.
but it was like when my dad told me he said my uncle didnt want people ringing him up etc which is understandable.
and has since said he does not want people coming up to him saying how sorry they are and everyting else, which again is understandable

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: October 5, 2011, 10:58:08 pm »
So sorry about your loss, Mr Rossi. Thoughts are with you, remember that there are people here for you, even if we are complete strangers.

And best wishes to lawrie, finchy1972 and Drake31 - I hope better days are around the corner for you all.

Sky, keeping my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow - hoping for the best news possible.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #829 on: October 6, 2011, 10:32:43 am »
Sorry for your loss Mr Rossi. If there is anything we can do you know where we are. Even if its to get something off your chest. Take care mate.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #830 on: October 6, 2011, 04:26:30 pm »
Right,got my news,the consultant said it has come back for round three,which means more chemo for me starting next week. A stronger drug which also means definate hair loss but not much sickness so ill take that anyday!

On the plus side it hasnt spread anywhere else so happy days for that! and i was expecting a lot worse news so in a twisted way its good news!

Now its a case of chin up and gettin on with it and winning this round! onwards and upwards motherfuckers!

Henry Rollins

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #831 on: October 6, 2011, 04:39:46 pm »
Right,got my news,the consultant said it has come back for round three,which means more chemo for me starting next week. A stronger drug which also means definate hair loss but not much sickness so ill take that anyday!

On the plus side it hasnt spread anywhere else so happy days for that! and i was expecting a lot worse news so in a twisted way its good news!

Now its a case of chin up and gettin on with it and winning this round! onwards and upwards motherfuckers!

Sorry to hear that... keep strong, one more battle to go! you can do it!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #832 on: October 6, 2011, 04:44:50 pm »
Great attitude mate - best of luck to you.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: October 6, 2011, 05:03:53 pm »

Ach no, mate, sorry to hear that. I know it could've been worse but I was still hoping for the all-clear. Good news about the lack of sickness - I suffered from horrendous nausea with my first chemo drug (no sickness though) but none at all with the second drug. It did make a bit of a difference to my quality of life. Let me know if there's anything I can do, by any chance. Best of luck to you.

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: October 6, 2011, 06:54:41 pm »

There are (I believe) hundreds of different chemo drugs and combinations, so it's impossible to say what he'll be like for sure. It also has a cumulative effect, so the more you have the more symtoms you'd tend to get.

Hair loss within 4 weeks seems to be the 'norm' if it's going to happen. Common symptoms are extreme tiredness, loss of appetite, hyper-sensitivity to flavours or smells, nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, numbness/tingling in the extremeties and painful hands/arms where the drugs are pumped in if it's IV. Then again, some people report very few symptoms at all. I think it depends on the drug used, the doseage, the health of the person generally etc.

My mum's was on a 3 week cycle i.e. she'd get a dose every 21 days. Her chemo day was Tuesday, so she'd be a bit wobbly Tuesday night, OK Weds and Thurs and go downhill from Friday. Saturday/Sunday was always the worst (days 5 and 6) with Monday slightly better and picking up through to the following Sat/Sun (days 11/12) and then pretty much OK and as normal as you can hope for until the next dose.

One thing to bear in mind, chemo can cause weightloss. If the chemo is weight-based i.e. the doseage depends upon the weight of the patient and quite a lot of weight is lost, make sure they weight you again or, as happened to us, they end up over-dosing you on chemo and that caused the worst few weeks of the entire treatment.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #835 on: October 6, 2011, 06:58:48 pm »
Mr Rossi, i am sorry for the loss of your loved one. My thoughts and prayers are with you
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #836 on: October 7, 2011, 09:08:29 am »
There are (I believe) hundreds of different chemo drugs and combinations, so it's impossible to say what he'll be like for sure. It also has a cumulative effect, so the more you have the more symtoms you'd tend to get.

Hair loss within 4 weeks seems to be the 'norm' if it's going to happen. Common symptoms are extreme tiredness, loss of appetite, hyper-sensitivity to flavours or smells, nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, numbness/tingling in the extremeties and painful hands/arms where the drugs are pumped in if it's IV. Then again, some people report very few symptoms at all. I think it depends on the drug used, the doseage, the health of the person generally etc.

My mum's was on a 3 week cycle i.e. she'd get a dose every 21 days. Her chemo day was Tuesday, so she'd be a bit wobbly Tuesday night, OK Weds and Thurs and go downhill from Friday. Saturday/Sunday was always the worst (days 5 and 6) with Monday slightly better and picking up through to the following Sat/Sun (days 11/12) and then pretty much OK and as normal as you can hope for until the next dose.

One thing to bear in mind, chemo can cause weightloss. If the chemo is weight-based i.e. the doseage depends upon the weight of the patient and quite a lot of weight is lost, make sure they weight you again or, as happened to us, they end up over-dosing you on chemo and that caused the worst few weeks of the entire treatment.

Thats strange,ive never known anyone to lose weight on chemo?! they have always gained it! i put four stone on during 6 months of chemo! just couldnt stop eating! anything that was put in front of me id wolf it down! was a fat f*cker for a while! and im hoping this one will do the same too!!

Henry Rollins

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #837 on: October 7, 2011, 09:09:16 am »
Thanks for all the well wishes too everyone,ill keep you up to date on my progress. feeling pretty good and strong right now so lets get on with it!

Henry Rollins

Offline Raul!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: October 7, 2011, 09:11:34 am »
Thanks for all the well wishes too everyone,ill keep you up to date on my progress. feeling pretty good and strong right now so lets get on with it!
Mate, I admire and am humbled by your spirit. May the force be with you always.

Offline The Sky I Scrape

• Kopite
  • Xbox tag-- goatboy1975
« Reply #839 on: October 7, 2011, 09:29:12 am »
Mate, I admire and am humbled by your spirit. May the force be with you always.

Haha,cheers mate! we all have it,when you need to call on it its always there. we just dont use our spirit enough these days!

Henry Rollins