Author Topic: Lucas a cut above as trim inspires improved Liverpool FC form  (Read 196675 times)

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lucas a cut above as trim inspires improved Liverpool FC form
« Reply #1920 on: August 30, 2009, 04:50:43 am »
would lucas be considered a good player or an average player?
He has improved this season. He doesn't make too many mistakes now. As to the positive contribution to the team, he's certainly not a replacement for Alonso. If Xabi is rated 8.5/10, then I'd rate Lucas a 6/10.

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #1921 on: August 30, 2009, 05:44:02 am »
He has improved this season. He doesn't make too many mistakes now. As to the positive contribution to the team, he's certainly not a replacement for Alonso. If Xabi is rated 8.5/10, then I'd rate Lucas a 6/10.

You're a brave one.  Rating a player who had the benefit of starting consistently, regardless of form, over a backup player who's only starting to get regular time. 
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #1922 on: August 30, 2009, 06:05:04 am »

After watching the first few games, you can see he is trying to play further forward (seen him ghost into the box a number of times more than last season), however the others arent really on the same wavelength in regards with the 1-2's you can see him try to play - it will be interesting to see how he goes when Aquilani is able to play - both players like 1-2's have a lot of movement & like through balls - although as others at the moment have noted - Lucas doesnt do it a lot due to lack of movement up front or having opposition player in his face. Im actually a bit more concerned about Masch - i know he isnt there for his passing, but pressure from opposition players seems to be affecting him somewhat...lot of back passes..

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1923 on: August 30, 2009, 12:17:12 pm »
He could do with a goal.  Preferably an important one.  Preferably an absolute beauty.  I think his confidence would go through the roof, and we'd start to see more from the lad.  Wouldn't harm the confidence the other players have in him either, which seems like it could do with a boost.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline LIVER

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1924 on: August 30, 2009, 12:58:33 pm »
So you´d play Pacheco Instead of Lucas ,Cos you think he shows talent Despite the fact that he´s got No 1st team experience! Honestly words fail me

right so how did Fabregas gain his experience, how did Rooney gain his experience, how did Gerrard gain his experience? by getting chances in the first team! At least bed him in, I can't see him doing worse than Lucas, in fact I'm sure he would have an impact in some of our play.
Yes it's me LIVER from the .tv days, long time no speak!

Offline Crouser

• Main Stander
« Reply #1925 on: August 30, 2009, 01:11:02 pm »
1st red card on him this season, he really is a replace for Alonso  ;)
Proud to be Croat! Honoured to be Red!

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1926 on: August 30, 2009, 01:22:58 pm »
right so how did Fabregas gain his experience, how did Rooney gain his experience, how did Gerrard gain his experience? by getting chances in the first team! At least bed him in, I can't see him doing worse than Lucas, in fact I'm sure he would have an impact in some of our play.

How did Babel get his experience? By playing one game then dropped. Perhaps on for 10 minutes in the next. Lucas is Benitez's love child..
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline LIVER

• Main Stander
« Reply #1927 on: August 30, 2009, 01:27:02 pm »
lolol he does favour some players i.e. Kuyt, Lucas over others i.e. Keane, Crouch, even Gerrard in  the early days! sometimes his stubbornness is bad for him. I would give Aurelio a chance sometimes in midfield, he can spray the ball about and has good technique, also probably the best at set pieces in our squad. Give Pacheco some games in midfield, see how he does, coming on last 20 minutes here and there and starting Carling Cup games, if not then play him in the second striker role.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1928 on: August 30, 2009, 01:50:06 pm »
Pacheco isn't a midfielder you plantpot.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #1929 on: August 30, 2009, 01:52:54 pm »
This has probably been mentioned, but it looked to me like the ref had his hand in his pocket to book Davis again before Lucas even went over to him. Bolton were a moaning bunch of pricks yesterday, all over Torres as well..got just what they deserved.

Offline LIVER

• Main Stander
« Reply #1930 on: August 30, 2009, 01:53:40 pm »
no but I feel he can be in the same mould as Fabregas and he did play in midfield during pre-season and looked good. Stevie G was a defensive mid, now he's a second striker.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1931 on: August 30, 2009, 01:53:43 pm »
lolol he does favour some players i.e. Kuyt, Lucas over others i.e. Keane, Crouch, even Gerrard in  the early days! sometimes his stubbornness is bad for him. I would give Aurelio a chance sometimes in midfield, he can spray the ball about and has good technique, also probably the best at set pieces in our squad. Give Pacheco some games in midfield, see how he does, coming on last 20 minutes here and there and starting Carling Cup games, if not then play him in the second striker role.

Maybe first you should visit the thread of knee jerk reactions.....

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1932 on: August 30, 2009, 02:01:07 pm »
no but I feel he can be in the same mould as Fabregas and he did play in midfield during pre-season and looked good. Stevie G was a defensive mid, now he's a second striker.

So you want us to play an 18 year old out of position in the first team because you think it might suit him?

You're not the brightest, are you?

Offline LIVER

• Main Stander
« Reply #1933 on: August 30, 2009, 02:16:53 pm »
what's that go to do with brightness? it's like me saying you are too stupid to see talent...

what's the point of having potential talent if they don't get a chance, how are they meant to develop? surely by playing with and against the top players.

no I'm not saying a starter week in week out, I'm saying give him a chance, so you haven't seen an 18 year old play for a big club before? Oh I forgot, Man U and Arsneal DON'T play players because of their age and DON'T give them a chance.

I can't see Voronin affecting anything, and I would certainly have Pacheco ahead of him and give him a little run out here and there and see how he does, whether it's centre mid or as a second striker.

How is it a knee jerk reaction? I am yet to see a game from Lucas where he has looked anything but average, I'm sorry but I was one of those that were saying he needs games and time, but he is yet to produce. The only time people have said he's looked good is when he actually looked better than his usual average performances but weighing them up against others he still didn't look top 4 quality, in fact I doubt he would get into a top 10 team.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1934 on: August 30, 2009, 02:53:49 pm »
How is it a knee jerk reaction? I am yet to see a game from Lucas where he has looked anything but average, I'm sorry but I was one of those that were saying he needs games and time, but he is yet to produce. The only time people have said he's looked good is when he actually looked better than his usual average performances but weighing them up against others he still didn't look top 4 quality, in fact I doubt he would get into a top 10 team.

He'd get into Arsenal's midfield and Man Utd's midfieild. Out of interest, how do you rate his performances this season? What's he been doing well? And Poorly?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1935 on: August 30, 2009, 02:56:16 pm »
He'd get into Arsenal's midfield and Man Utd's midfieild.

Do you reckon he would? Ahead of Carrick/Fletcher or Fabregas/Denilson?

Not sure myself, but it wouldn't be cut and dry either way.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #1936 on: August 30, 2009, 02:58:19 pm »
Don't think he'd get into United's myself, but he's better than Denilson for my money.
anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline LIVER

• Main Stander
« Reply #1937 on: August 30, 2009, 02:59:54 pm »
that actually made
He'd get into Arsenal's midfield and Man Utd's midfieild. Out of interest, how do you rate his performances this season? What's he been doing well? And Poorly?

haha! that made me chuckle, seriously.

I do agree that Song and Denilson are average players too, but Arsenal can carry them, also they are missing Nasri, Rosicky, Fabregas and Walcott, all fantastic talents! He wouldn't get near Man U's team either, even Giggs and Scholes are more effective, Fletcher is their version of Kuyt but still has more quality than Lucas and Carrick is very good technically too, they have Hargreaves out injured.

This season his performances, have been consistently average, as they have been since he has joined. He cannot do anything special i.e. score a crucial goal, make an assist, can't tackle. He is very ineffective. I would even play Aurelio ahead of him based on his performance in midfield last season and his overall ability. He is basically using up a space in our team that could be given to someone else.

Even if he manages to have a good game it does not outweigh all the times he has played very average, as anyone can have a good/poor game.

p.s I am not hating on the player, I just think it's about time we stop trying to compete in the league with average players. Especially if there are other's who could get the opportunity to play.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:02:35 pm by LIVER »

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1938 on: August 30, 2009, 03:18:10 pm »
Do you reckon he would? Ahead of Carrick/Fletcher or Fabregas/Denilson?

Not sure myself, but it wouldn't be cut and dry either way.

He'd walk into United's. Don't think he'd get into a full strength Chelsea or Arsenal's though.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Peyres

• Kopite
« Reply #1939 on: August 30, 2009, 03:19:53 pm »
Lucas can't tackle? Check the stats he's made more successful tackles than Mascherano

Offline kingkenny79

• Kopite
  • King Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish, King Of Liverpool
« Reply #1940 on: August 30, 2009, 03:27:28 pm »
between Lucas & Masch so far this season, it was the latter perfomance's that has been not up to standard, poor delivery, poor decision making, shooting despite knowing full well his inability, poor pass, etc
A Pround Citizen of Kingdom Of Liverpool, Hail King Kenny, Long Live The King.

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #1941 on: August 30, 2009, 03:28:37 pm »
Lucas can't tackle? Check the stats he's made more successful tackles than Mascherano

Proof that stats are close to worthless.
anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline LIVER

• Main Stander
« Reply #1942 on: August 30, 2009, 03:30:18 pm »
So your whole argument is that? it's because Mascherano is there to make tackles, Lucas gets the toe pokes in (although he has been making less mistakes this season when tackling), but it doesn't mean he can 'tackle'. Anyway he no real quality and saying he would get into any of the top teams is laughable. when at full strength he wouldn't get into Tottenhams, Evertons, City's, never mind Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea!

I know we need to support our players but blindingly backing them on a message board because he's a Liverpool player is a bit too desperate, it's totally different to the idiots that boo, I wouldn't do that but he isn't Liverpool quality. He isn't the only one either though so I'm not picking him as a scapegoat, but he is the one that keeps getting chance after chance when he offers nothing.

Offline LIVER

• Main Stander
« Reply #1943 on: August 30, 2009, 03:30:56 pm »
between Lucas & Masch so far this season, it was the latter perfomance's that has been not up to standard, poor delivery, poor decision making, shooting despite knowing full well his inability, poor pass, etc

That's why it's even more important having someone can do that beside him and Lucas is not the man.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1944 on: August 30, 2009, 03:31:20 pm »
when at full strength he wouldn't get into Tottenhams, Evertons, City's, never mind Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea!

Which of United's central midfielders are better than him then?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline St Skrtel

• Kopite
  • Skrtel doesn't smile?
« Reply #1945 on: August 30, 2009, 03:34:11 pm »
First match he was crap, the match later he had potential. Last match he was crap again, but after this match he has potential again. Followthe path he should be on the bench for the next match and rightly so, 4-4-2 should be enough for moving the buses.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1946 on: August 30, 2009, 03:34:19 pm »
Which of United's central midfielders are better than him then?

To be fair I reckon Carrick and Hargreaves are definitely, and maybe Scholes and Fletcher.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1947 on: August 30, 2009, 03:35:09 pm »
I'd say he's better than Fletcher and Hargreaves, and obviously not as good as a younger Scholes.

Offline scouselad69

• Main Stander
  • turn on,tune in,drop out!
« Reply #1948 on: August 30, 2009, 03:37:02 pm »
I don´t think you´re making a good analogy here,Pacheco may have talent But I just wouldn´t be making a Comparison Between him and rooney,Fabregas or Gerrard becos he clearly isn´t at that level yet!Ok bed him in by all means as you suggested Use him in cup games or the odd cameo appearance!But you said you´d use him ahead of Lucas which is a ludicrous suggestion for a team with such high aspirations!There is a reason he´s not even making it onto the bench and it´s nothing to do with Rafa´s stubbornness!!
"Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red strength than today"Shankly talking about the fans after the 74 FA Cup Final Victory over Newcastle

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1949 on: August 30, 2009, 03:38:00 pm »
Maybe people should just get behind the lad. Old fashioned, I know.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1950 on: August 30, 2009, 03:38:10 pm »

Sorry, not having that. Mascherano's been brilliant so far in my opinion- he's busting a gut every second of every game to try and cover the role he had last season, parts of Alonso's role and now, he has to be more wary of the attacking fullbacks (compared to Arbeloa and Aurelio, Johnson and Insua are practically wingers).

His passing's been anything but poor. He's probably misplaced as many passes in the 3 games so far as some of our players have in half a game. Sure a lot of his passes go sideways and backwards, but it's upto Gerrard, Lucas, Yossi et all to give him the options to go forward- when they have offered them, he's picked them out.

As for the shooting- yeah it was frustrating against Villa. But it's not like they were shite shots- pretty much all on target, but still fairly comfortable I suppose.

1 for 4 isn't bad.

Also, I fail to understand how knocking one of our players suddenly makes a good argument for someone who's playing well. If the people who think Lucas is playing shite, do yuo really need to come back and say well he's playing better than Mascherano/Gerrard (and as was said last season, Alonso)?

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline LIVER

• Main Stander
« Reply #1951 on: August 30, 2009, 03:39:31 pm »
No way even they can effect a game better than Lucas, at least Scholes can make assist and control the tempo here and there. Carrick has more quality overall, Fletcher (who I don't really like) has more quality and is better all round (without being spectacular himself), Hargreaves is better, Giggs even though he's past it can still effect the game and is better on the ball and passing.

He can do nothing better than any of them and overall is not as good as any of them.

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1952 on: August 30, 2009, 03:41:11 pm »
No way even they can effect a game better than Lucas, at least Scholes can make assist and control the tempo here and there. Carrick has more quality overall, Fletcher (who I don't really like) has more quality and is better all round (without being spectacular himself), Hargreaves is better, Giggs even though he's past it can still effect the game and is better on the ball and passing.

He can do nothing better than any of them and overall is not as good as any of them.

Giggs and Scholes are better than him? On current ability? I want whatever you're smoking.

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #1953 on: August 30, 2009, 03:42:23 pm »

Asking for a bit too much there. I'm pretty surprised that non of our supporters have been signed to manage Liverpool because it's absolutely clear that they know more then Benitez, more then his entire staff, more then Dunga.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1954 on: August 30, 2009, 03:42:47 pm »

I'd have Lucas in my time over any of that lot. Maybe not Carrick, but probably even him by the end of this season.

He'd walk into Arsenal's team for sure. He's exactly the sort of player that thrives there- he'd replace Denilson no sweat and do better than him as well.

Both of those teams have attackers who are always moving and are very good at playing one touch football. In other words- they suit Lucas' game to a tee.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline LIVER

• Main Stander
« Reply #1955 on: August 30, 2009, 03:43:22 pm »
I don´t think you´re making a good analogy here,Pacheco may have talent But I just wouldn´t be making a Comparison Between him and rooney,Fabregas or Gerrard becos he clearly isn´t at that level yet!Ok bed him in by all means as you suggested Use him in cup games or the odd cameo appearance!But you said you´d use him ahead of Lucas which is a ludicrous suggestion for a team with such high aspirations!There is a reason he´s not even making it onto the bench and it´s nothing to do with Rafa´s stubbornness!!

Well for me, he has shown more quality in pre-season than Lucas has since he's joined us. Bed him in the Carling Cup games but that depends on what team is played, it's not good if its a weak team. Quality players need quality around them to bring the best out of them.

Sure, I support whoever plays, but support isn't going to make him a good enough player, and I wouldn't go around shouting at him during a game, I much rather prefer to vent my frustration in words on a message board, what's wrong with that?.

Offline LIVER

• Main Stander
« Reply #1956 on: August 30, 2009, 03:46:01 pm »
Giggs and Scholes are better than him? On current ability? I want whatever you're smoking.

Score's the winner against Barca and makes a number of good passes and assists still even though he is past it, and the same with Giggs, who was the difference against Arsenal in the end. What has Lucas done?

Maybe that system would suit Lucas better but he still wouldn't excel, you forget that Arsenal are missing FOUR of their regular midfielders, he would have no chance.

Offline Tom_B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1957 on: August 30, 2009, 03:46:19 pm »

I am behind him, but that doesn't mean I have to think he is better than say Hargreaves. I hope he does make it and cements himself as a first team player.

I am behind Skrtel, but I don't think he is better than Ferdinand.

Offline scouselad69

• Main Stander
  • turn on,tune in,drop out!
« Reply #1958 on: August 30, 2009, 03:49:53 pm »
[quote author=LIVER link=topic=242103.msg6069343#msg6069343 date=12516434

Sure, I support whoever plays, but support isn't going to make him a good enough player, and I wouldn't go around shouting at him during a game, I much rather prefer to vent my frustration in words on a message board, what's wrong with that?.
[/quote]Theres nothing wrong with that!But why be so surprised that you´re "venting"on a discussion thread on a forum draws alternative opinions to you´re own?
"Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red strength than today"Shankly talking about the fans after the 74 FA Cup Final Victory over Newcastle

Offline LIVER

• Main Stander
« Reply #1959 on: August 30, 2009, 03:50:36 pm »
Yeah I agree, I am behind whoever plays as well but I'm making my points on my opinion on a message board, people need to calm down. lol

It doesn't make you any better of a supporter if you force your opinion and hide the cracks of a player just because your a fan. I disagree with the ones who spout crap during games because that affects the players, talking about it on a message board doesn't. (Unless they're on here, then in which case Lucas step your game up! get extra training!)