Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 305687 times)

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #1400 on: April 23, 2009, 01:08:53 pm »
worth popping this into here too

Good call. 
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #1401 on: April 23, 2009, 01:09:35 pm »
I'll share that whiskey, and throw in a BIG bag of quavers ;D
Will nobody go into the off licence for you? ;D

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
  • What good is a history without a future
« Reply #1402 on: April 23, 2009, 01:09:36 pm »
Several bottles of blumers pear cider and a couple of special cigerettes on stnad by for the news that we r owned by the arabs tomorrow.

Alternatively 2 bottles of JD and a visit to the doctors for anti depressents for when nothing happens and the reliasation were stuck with the fat c***.

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #1403 on: April 23, 2009, 01:10:39 pm »
Could it be any more perfect?

on the 20th anniversary year.

Wearing the grey kit and with Utd just about to equal our league record.

# Parry Leaves
# Rafa Signs
# Gerrard Signs
# king Kenny signs
# Ownership is sorted meaning we can compete in coming seasons.
# We win the league on the last day of the season
# Mancs after going for the quintuple lose in the CL final

It is meant to be.............

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
    • Last FM
« Reply #1404 on: April 23, 2009, 01:11:02 pm »
^^^ What a season ^^^

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #1405 on: April 23, 2009, 01:11:26 pm »
Several bottles of blumers pear cider and a couple of special cigerettes on stnad by for the news that we r owned by the arabs tomorrow.

Alternatively 2 bottles of JD and a visit to the doctors for anti depressents for when nothing happens and the reliasation were stuck with the fat c***.

Getting rid of the owners will be like the club having colonic irrigation

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1406 on: April 23, 2009, 01:13:34 pm »
Getting rid of them 2, Better feeling than sex.

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
« Reply #1407 on: April 23, 2009, 01:16:06 pm »
Getting rid of them 2, Better feeling than sex.

Although the foreplay is 1000 times as long

Offline culbs

• Kopite
  • 5 is more than 3
« Reply #1408 on: April 23, 2009, 01:17:31 pm »
I refuse to let myself get excited. Been let down to many times over the last few years with this ownership carry on.
"Liverpool is one of those clubs that any coach always dreams about being able to manage" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #1409 on: April 23, 2009, 01:26:01 pm »
I refuse to let myself get excited. Been let down to many times over the last few years with this ownership carry on.

Yeah but i bet the not knowing is killing you?
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #1410 on: April 23, 2009, 02:09:14 pm »
I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, come on come on come on ;)

Offline LukeD

• Middle aged perv on the school bus. Can't cope with massively fat tongues.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1411 on: April 23, 2009, 02:20:16 pm »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it may be worth having a read of the "Lets get rid of ITKs" thread as the guy with the near on 20,000 posts from the LFC.tv forums has posted some stuff to clear up his tread that's quoted in here earlier.

It's not all as clear cut as it first seemed, largely due to it mistakenly being taken out of context...

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
« Reply #1412 on: April 23, 2009, 02:20:28 pm »
The 'source' for this announcement tomorrow is distancing himself from it, saying it was taken out of context. So there is nothing reliable now pointing to tomorrow, so dont hold your breath

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=238254.msg5652704#msg5652704

all it was in all honesty was my brother knows one of the stewards from when he goes the game and he was told that the Arabs were being shown round with G&H, some of the stewards invited were advised by seniors about the deal and an announcement on Friday. Because we get alot of these fucking 'my sisters uncle plays golf wih parrys goldfish and he's been told' threads i posted it up half in fun because I never do it because every silly charlie uniform november tango that does gets shot to pieces so i was half taking the piss out of myself.  who knows but that's all it was mate; i don't fuck about or wum about stuff like this.

ayles.

Offline MolbysBigBelly

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1413 on: April 23, 2009, 02:27:45 pm »
He's not the only person saying that there's something happening.

Gedo and ShanksLegend have also said that "something is going on", and the club have announced there will be an official statement tomorrow.

"I believed them fellas."
Thank you, Mr. Moores.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1414 on: April 23, 2009, 02:30:01 pm »
So aylebyred has played down his post. SL was told to expect an announcement (could have been ticket price freeze?); Gedo thought something was happening, re: the sale. H&G showed some people around Tuesday, who might have been RBS (at least according to Oli Kay) but they also looked a bit Arabic and one of them was wearing a long black trenchcoat and dark glasses (according to Antony).

Hmmm.
Somehow, I think I'm turning into Bill Murray.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #1415 on: April 23, 2009, 02:35:51 pm »
So aylebyred has played down his post. SL was told to expect an announcement (could have been ticket price freeze?); Gedo thought something was happening, re: the sale. H&G showed some people around Tuesday, who might have been RBS (at least according to Oli Kay) but they also looked a bit Arabic and one of them was wearing a long black trenchcoat and dark glasses (according to Antony).

Hmmm.

it could have been an arab in a trenchcoat that works for rbs.... ;)

Offline aylesbyred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1416 on: April 23, 2009, 02:36:05 pm »

Hmmm.

I'm not playing it down mate just putting it into context given bits of the thread have been put up in here so i've popped in to clarify it (largely in fucking horror i can tell you).
history is history, achieved over time; money is money and can be won on the lottery...

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
« Reply #1417 on: April 23, 2009, 02:36:39 pm »

Gedo and ShanksLegend have also said that "something is going on", and the club have announced there will be an official statement tomorrow.

Where have the club announced there will be an official statement tomorrow?

Offline chap114

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1418 on: April 23, 2009, 02:37:27 pm »
and the club have announced there will be an official statement tomorrow.

Did they?  Where?

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #1419 on: April 23, 2009, 02:38:22 pm »
A bit of conjecture:

The loan expires in late June and one of the following has to happen:
(i) RBS renew/extend it and leave the status quo as they're confident of being paid the interest
(ii) RBS renew the loan but insist on more equity being put in, thus reducing the value of the loan itself and reducing their exposure
(iii) RBS refuse to renew the loan as they do not believe it is a 'safe' investment.

Taking these in turn:

(i) Little change, this merely puts off judgement day for another 12/18 months. The club's transfer budget will be small as money is diverted to pay the interest and arrangement fees. It's also near-inevitable that RBS would require more collateral and whether Hicks or Gillett have that is questionable.

(ii) This would require additional investers, given the state of Hicks & Gillett's other investments. Thus, it might be possible to imagine a scenario where Hicks & Gillett dilute their holdings (possibly by different amounts) and either a consortium of investors or one single investor comes in alongside them.

(iii) This is the interesting option and unless new investment has been found, perhaps the most likely. However, a short-term extension of the existing loan (up to six months?) could be provided in order that the club be sold at a decent price and not expose RBS to a significant loss. There are two ways in which this could pan out:

(a) The renewal of the loan is refused because H&G are unable to provide sufficient equity, collateral or new investment. H&G are unable to renew the loan and RBS become de facto owners of the club, which they would then either sell quickly or asset-strip (sell the more valuable players) and then sell the remains. That is the nightmare scenario.

(b) Alternatively, RBS could already have indicated that they are unwilling to extend the loan and have put H&G into a situation where - unable to raise equity - they are forced to either bring in new investors or sell the club outright before the June deadline.

My money would be on a scenario along the lines of:

Around the time that the loan was extended for 6 months (late January), RBS informed H&G that the loan would not be renewed in its current form. If they wished to continue to finance through RBS, they would need to put more money in, thus reducing the size of the loan and RBS's exposure. This is basically the same as a mortgage lender demanding a 30% deposit rather than a 10% deposit.

There would have been three primary options open to Hicks & Gillett, which would probably have been attempted simultaneously:

(i) Find a new bank who would lend them the entire amount: this was probably a non-starter.

(ii) Free up the equity from elsewhere within their groups, for example Hicks trying to sell off part of his other sports holdings. This appears to have been tried by both, but nothing has been concluded.

(iii) Attract other investors, who would put in equity in return for a stake in the club. The major issue here is that H&G's actual equity stakes are probably very small and no investor would be happy to put in a disproportionately large amount of equity for their shareholding, whilst H&G put in less equity and used the overall loan to cover the difference.

In approximate terms, if the new loan were to be £250m and the club valued at £350m, then a situation where H&G each had, say, £10m invested and were looking for two new investors to put in £40m each for a 25% share of the club, then they're simply not going to find them - fine if the new investors put in £25m each and H&G put in £25m apiece, but and disproportionate injection of equity is unlikely.

I'd guess that options (i) & (ii) were attempted, but failed quite quickly. That leaves either the option (iii) or the 'nuclear' option:

(iv) Sell the club as a going concern, preferably for more than the value of the loan, otherwise H&G stand to make a loss.

So where does that leave us?

We know that both Hicks & Gillett were at Anfield for the Arsenal game, pretty much unannounced. The fact that both were at Anfield together is strange given their recent history and the fact that nobody seems to have expected them is a bit odd.

In addition to Hicks & Gillett, they brought a number of people with them, including Hicks's son (a Director of the club iirc) and the Chief Operating Officer of Hicks Sports Group. This again is peculiar, as there must be a reason for their presence rather than just to savour the atmosphere.

Hicks & Gillett gave a tour of the club to a couple of Arabesque gentlemen, who do not appear to have been identified. They could be either RBS employees or future investors.

Either of these is credible: RBS may well want for their executives to have a good knowledge of the club and any new investor would certainly want to know the ins and outs as well.

Yet, the people who were apparently shown around do not seem to have been identified as being in the Directors Box at the game. Again, this does not quite fit with the pattern as DIC's representatives were very obviously on display when they were looking at taking a stake.

So why would the mysterious Arabesques not have been identified so far?

If they were from RBS, it could be explained by them not wishing to put themselves up for public scrutiny by being at the game. That said, they could have been shown round the club on a non-match day by Rick Parry or Ian Ayre: it wouldn't require Hicks and Gillett to accompany them - and it probably wouldn't require the presence of all the hangers-on.

The more likely possibility, in my opinion, is that the Arabesques were some sort of investors, whether coming in as partners or taking over entirely.  They would be important enough to justify the presence of Hicks & Gillett but - mindful of the media circus that surrounded DIC - they did not wish to be pictured at the match itself.

The presence of Tom Hicks Jnr etc. at the game is also a potential clue, although whilst their presence in person may be an indicator of something important, it must be remembered that required signatures can be exchanged by fax.

It would look, therefore, as if there was a very good reason for the presence of Hicks, Gillett and their respective groups at Anfield; and probably that this was related to their showing round the two Arabesques earlier in the day.

Where that all points is just that something is happening. Whether or not it's going to be announced this week, next week; or whether it will just collapse as a number of other proposed deals have done is not something that is known outside a very few people. But in any case, the clubs's funding has to be sorted out by the end of June - and the current situation is not likely to continue.

But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1420 on: April 23, 2009, 02:39:29 pm »
the club have announced there will be an official statement tomorrow.

have they? nothing is said on the website about any friday announcements

Offline allpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #1421 on: April 23, 2009, 02:39:44 pm »
Yuo cant tell me with the buzz thats been flying round since tue's with what SL and Gedo have said now with ayles even though he is covering his bases that nothing is going on in the background.

I personally have a great belief that come 2moro we will be owned by someone new and we will be the force in domestic and european compitition that we have all been waiting.

like the pheonix from the fire the Liverbirds upon our chests will rise again and take thier pride of place as englands and europes top team again.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:46:59 pm by allpool »

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1422 on: April 23, 2009, 02:39:58 pm »
Gillett said recently that the amount reported was wide of the mark so I don't really think many of us know the actual amount of the debt (but he would say that wouldn't he)

the debt is 410 million pounds appx and that includes interest. these 2have other debts alongside that.

Offline chap114

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1423 on: April 23, 2009, 02:41:04 pm »
Yuo cant tell me with the buzz thats been flying round since tue's with what SL and Gedo have said now with ayles even though he is covering his bases that nothing is going on in the background i personally have a great belief that come 2moro we will be owned by someone new and we will be the force in domestic and european compitition that we have all been waiting like the pheonix from the fire the Liverbirds upon our chests will rise again and take thier pride of place as englands and europes top team again.
and breathe

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1424 on: April 23, 2009, 02:41:17 pm »
Yuo cant tell me with the buzz thats been flying round since tue's with what SL and Gedo have said now with ayles even though he is covering his bases that nothing is going on in the background i personally have a great belief that come 2moro we will be owned by someone new and we will be the force in domestic and european compitition that we have all been waiting like the pheonix from the fire the Liverbirds upon our chests will rise again and take thier pride of place as englands and europes top team again.

theres always been something going on behind the doors at anfield.

Offline MolbysBigBelly

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1425 on: April 23, 2009, 02:41:55 pm »
Twitter
Log onto the www.liverpoolfc.tv at 10am for a special club announcement - will definitely be of interest if you are a regular match goerabout 5 hours ago from web
LFCTV
LFC Liverpool FC

Just realised that mught have only been posted because of some sort of delay and actually meant today's announcement about the price freeze.

"I believed them fellas."
Thank you, Mr. Moores.

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
« Reply #1426 on: April 23, 2009, 02:43:22 pm »
Twitter
Just realised that mught have only been posted because of some sort of delay and actually meant today's announcement about the price freeze.

Thats exactly what it was

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #1427 on: April 23, 2009, 02:48:08 pm »
Post office clerks put up signs saying position closed
And secretaries turn off typewriters and put on their coats
Janitors padlock the gates
For security guards to patrol
And bachelors phone up their friends for a drink
While the married ones turn on a chat show

And theyll all be lonely tonight and lonely tomorrow

Gentlemen time please, you know we cant serve anymore
Now the traffic lights change to stop, when theres nothing to go
And by five oclock everythings dead
And every third car is a cab
And ignorant people sleep in their beds
Like the doped white mice in the college lab

Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all
The needle returns to the start of the song
And we all sing along like before

And well all be lonely tonight and lonely tomorrow

Telephone exchanges click while theres nobody there
The martians could land in the carpark and no one would care
Close-circuit cameras in department stores shoot the same video every day
And the stars of these films neither die nor get killed
Just survive constant action replay

Bill hoardings advertise products that nobody needs
While angry from manchester writes to complain about
All the repeats on t.v.
And computer terminals report some gains
On the values of copper and tin
While american businessmen snap up van goghs
For the price of a hospital wing

Theyll burn down the synagogues at six oclock
And well all go along like before

Justice for the 96.

Offline dirkuglytree

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1428 on: April 23, 2009, 02:51:12 pm »
great post vanoord :wellin

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1429 on: April 23, 2009, 02:56:26 pm »
It would make sense, The ticket news given to the fans through the web site first and then given to the national  press tomorrow though a news conference tomorrow. sounds plausible to me.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 03:01:34 pm by reddwarf12003 »

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1430 on: April 23, 2009, 03:00:30 pm »
Thats exactly what it was

Kinell lads...........we have taken a simple announcement and made it out to be more than it is lol.........typical chinees whispers stuff lol

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
    • Last FM
« Reply #1431 on: April 23, 2009, 03:01:22 pm »

When have the club said there would be an announcement?

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
« Reply #1432 on: April 23, 2009, 03:05:36 pm »
When have the club said there would be an announcement?

They havent, he was mistaken

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #1433 on: April 23, 2009, 03:07:40 pm »
They havent, he was mistaken

well they had, it was just not the announcement some had hoped it was

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1434 on: April 23, 2009, 03:10:28 pm »
Look the simple fact is these 2 clowns are going to try and refinance. Its a option to them which they would be mad not trying. Them trying it also goes to show that the kharafi'is are not interested in the club at the current price. RBS have told H and G these are our terms you either accept or not. They have to put a huge downpayment down and the interest rate would be higher. That picture was to show a united front.

Offline Igor Zidane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1435 on: April 23, 2009, 03:13:58 pm »
Look the simple fact is these 2 clowns are going to try and refinance. Its a option to them which they would be mad not trying. Them trying it also goes to show that the kharafi'is are not interested in the club at the current price. RBS have told H and G these are our terms you either accept or not. They have to put a huge downpayment down and the interest rate would be higher. That picture was to show a united front.
Source? ;D
SOS No 821

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #1436 on: April 23, 2009, 03:17:02 pm »
That picture was to show a united front.

But it doesn't entirely explain the presence of Casey Coffman, Tom Hicks Jnr et al.

Or the two "Arabs" who were shown around the club that day; or the fact that they don't seem to have been entertained in the Directors' Box at the match.

Something seems to be going on, but what it is is less clear.
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1437 on: April 23, 2009, 03:17:28 pm »
Oh well looks like this ones crashed and burned.

Offline maj

• or misunderstanding...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1438 on: April 23, 2009, 03:20:23 pm »
Source? ;D

Finance expert on the echo forum schroedinger cat. One of the solid posters on their. Respect the man a lot.

Offline allpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #1439 on: April 23, 2009, 03:22:03 pm »

That picture could also tell a few more scenario's like thank f@ck we got an investor.

well we made 20 mil a peice for raping the english club and selling it off.

Bonus thats that Fcking millstone gone from around our necks so glad we have managed to get a few quid into the coffers.

As u see that pic means jack sh!t except the obvious somthing is brewing.