Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 305985 times)

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #1280 on: April 23, 2009, 09:41:13 am »
Putting up ticket prices

Surely more likely frozen or down if they are making a big deal about it?

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #1281 on: April 23, 2009, 09:42:34 am »
Putting up ticket prices

More than likely that's what it will be. The mancs announced yesterday that they were increasing there ticket prices so that's what it will be.

Nothing exciting or good news i don't think.

I'd like to be wrong but i can't see anything happening with the club until July
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1282 on: April 23, 2009, 09:45:27 am »
I went off on a tagent on the ITK thread, but it's more apt to post my question here, to any of those with expertise in the field: how unusual is it for a bank to want to be shown around a property personally, as in the RBS to Melwood scenario?

Exactly. If they had said they were shown around Stanley Park, well maybe one would understand. Oh, I just cursed by mentioning Stanley Park, what is the council doing about it? I know the greedy slugs have still not signed the lease, so what's next. Is it still assigned to us?
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
  • What good is a history without a future
« Reply #1283 on: April 23, 2009, 09:47:02 am »
Surely more likely frozen or down if they are making a big deal about it?
Can't see it, they need the money.
For a minute we were flying high on the news on variuos forums that it was a done deal, then somebody turns the engines of and we plumit back to earth. AGAIN

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1284 on: April 23, 2009, 09:48:12 am »
Clutching at straws it could be the stadium.

Offline LukeD

• Middle aged perv on the school bus. Can't cope with massively fat tongues.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1285 on: April 23, 2009, 09:50:38 am »
One thing I am still clinging to about this is that (as far as I could see) there was no mention of G&H on the Echo website whatsoever, even though a picture of them together at the match is used in Prentice's review of the game:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/04/22/drawing-power-has-cost-reds-the-title-100252-23443833/2/

I know it's still early today but it seems strange to me.  Normally I would expect the Echo to understand that we'd all be wondering why they were there and best mates all of a sudden and give some form of explanation.

They're not even mentioned in passing.  Not even a flippant "even the two owners took time out from their squabbles to enjoy the game" or something.

The straw I am clutching at very, very firmly is that may be there is something in this Friday announcement rumour and that the Echo are holding tight until then.  Off course, it could just be that there's bugger all news in it at all...

Offline shankspirit

• Main Stander
« Reply #1286 on: April 23, 2009, 09:51:54 am »
See if we can get this sorted out...

Line up Please:

Bottom Line from Right to Left

Moores (Judas), Parry (Krusty) Little G, Big H; ?, ?, Coffman or Mandy, Big H´s Brat.

Middle Row Right to Left

?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?,

Top Row from Right to Left:

?, ?, ?, Thommo (Legend), ?, ?.

The bloke that intrigues me is the one behind Lil G dark hair and shades.

Lets get the puzzule sorted out
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 09:58:51 am by shankspirit »

Offline fletched

• Anny Roader
    • My Website
« Reply #1287 on: April 23, 2009, 09:53:40 am »
One thing I am still clinging to about this is that (as far as I could see) there was no mention of G&H on the Echo website whatsoever, even though a picture of them together at the match is used in Prentice's review of the game:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/04/22/drawing-power-has-cost-reds-the-title-100252-23443833/2/

I know it's still early today but it seems strange to me.  Normally I would expect the Echo to understand that we'd all be wondering why they were there and best mates all of a sudden and give some form of explanation.

They're not even mentioned in passing.  Not even a flippant "even the two owners took time out from their squabbles to enjoy the game" or something.

The straw I am clutching at very, very firmly is that may be there is something in this Friday announcement rumour and that the Echo are holding tight until then.  Off course, it could just be that there's bugger all news in it at all...

To be fair, there was a mention about them being there. The page with the match report on, bottom right hand corner. It mentioned they had a meeting with RBS

EDIT:  i am referring to the actual paper and not the website

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #1288 on: April 23, 2009, 09:54:07 am »
far left is Tom Hicks Junior?

to his right is Casey Coffman (probably)
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #1289 on: April 23, 2009, 09:54:57 am »
For those pessimistic regarding anything happening, remember that prior to the takeover of Man City by the Abu Dhabi group, the first news was literally that the takeover was done, it was out of the blue.
hi

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1290 on: April 23, 2009, 09:57:35 am »
Who's the bloke and bird behind parry and moores

Offline LukeD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: April 23, 2009, 09:57:42 am »
To be fair, there was a mention about them being there. The page with the match report on, bottom right hand corner. It mentioned they had a meeting with RBS

EDIT:  i am referring to the actual paper and not the website
Bugger!  Cheers for correcting me, I don't have the paper so I couldn't see that.  Bugger.  Ah well, onwards and upwards...

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: April 23, 2009, 09:58:02 am »
Oooops.

Architecture firm says it wasn't paid for work on Glorypark
By ANDREA AHLESaahles@star-telegram.com

A Dallas architecture firm says it was never paid for design work it did for Glorypark, the delayed town-center project in Arlington being developed by Texas Rangers owner Tom Hicks.

Well, how can this man still manage to fly around the world in his private jet and still ignore paying debts not just to his banks but to private businesses.

Come on guys, let's all admit it, Hicks is broke! To even discuss his possible long term tenure at our club is laughable. Both of them must have been here to sell, but what worries me is to whom. H&G at the match were publicly jolly and displayed a great deal of relief, act or no act, between them. Have they sealed a deal with the Kuwaitis by selling just a percentage of their shares? Afterall the Kuwaitis (Al Kharafis) are known for their stadia constructions. Would that be the reason they would be interested in us?

How I would love to have an audience with Mr. Moores - maybe, just maybe, we can put some sense into his head to discourage the RBS from renewing the finance. His last excuse was he wanted to protect Parry. Well he doesn't have that now. So how about protecting Liverpool Football Club, David Moores?

Offline allpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #1293 on: April 23, 2009, 10:00:13 am »
The echo may have the full scoop if they keep thier mouths shut what a first think about it echo with full scoop and story before any of the nationals maybe thats why nothing has been made of the leech's visit to anfield they have been asked to keep it in house tight lipped and they will be able to be the first with the breaking story just a thought.

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
« Reply #1294 on: April 23, 2009, 10:01:13 am »
Ticket prices have been frozen for next season

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1295 on: April 23, 2009, 10:01:58 am »
Ticket prices have been frozen for next season

Was that the great announcement?

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1296 on: April 23, 2009, 10:06:16 am »
Guys could'nt be from RBS. B****** generally tell you tou put prices up so they get their money.

If thats the annocement.

Offline Sinbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #1297 on: April 23, 2009, 10:07:32 am »
Was that the great announcement?

Knowing our luck with the tumours.........yes.

Offline LukeD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: April 23, 2009, 10:10:22 am »
Well, how can this man still manage to fly around the world in his private jet and still ignore paying debts not just to his banks but to private businesses.
It's often like this though isn't it?  From what I remember of several cases in the news where multimillionaires have lost it all, their life style doesn't change at all until one day it's all gone.  It's often the people closest to them who have no idea because life just seems to go on as normal, generally on the never, never.

I am in no means saying these are the same situations but the most recent one I remember is the Christopher Foster case:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Businessman_shot_wife_and_daughter&in_article_id=609400&in_page_id=34&in_a_source=

Just to make it clear, I am in no way linking H&G with anything that happened in the above article, but it does show how people's lives can continue as normal even whilst their businesses fail and their debts mount.

Also, I realise this is a million miles from where G&H are - this is an extreme example.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:13:19 am by LukeD »

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1299 on: April 23, 2009, 10:12:46 am »
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

:butt :butt :butt :butt :butt

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: April 23, 2009, 10:15:33 am »
amazing the amount of shite everyone belives and falls for...if them two Yanks read this forum they be pissing themselves

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1301 on: April 23, 2009, 10:16:47 am »
Can't  see them leaving now. If they had sold up and fucked off, They could'nt do this to the new owners it would be for them to do. Could they.

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: April 23, 2009, 10:17:59 am »
amazing the amount of shite everyone belives and falls for...if them two Yanks read this forum they be pissing themselves

Go on then, didi. Enlighten us and expand on your statement.

Offline allpool

• Main Stander
« Reply #1303 on: April 23, 2009, 10:19:50 am »
There could already be new owners pulling the strings behind the scenes would be a corker of a PR move to freeze the prices just as your takeover is announced.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1304 on: April 23, 2009, 10:20:19 am »

Knowing our luck with the tumours.........yes.

Oh my god, is that it, I was expecting a cut in prices never mind a freeze, what a load of shite, once again. Looks like theyr're going nowhere then, no way they would announce this with new owners coming in. Shit.

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1305 on: April 23, 2009, 10:22:47 am »
Can't even see them leaving in July. What about the poor guy on the official forum who said it was a done deal, announcement tomorrow. ouch
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:26:04 am by reddwarf12003 »

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1306 on: April 23, 2009, 10:24:39 am »
I went off on a tagent on the ITK thread, but it's more apt to post my question here, to any of those with expertise in the field: how unusual is it for a bank to want to be shown around a property personally, as in the RBS to Melwood scenario?
What we can say for Certainty is this;
Whether it was RBS or Potential New Owners,but without a shadow of a doubt Hicks and Gillett showed people around both Melwood and the Academy.
Without stating the bleeding obvious,it takes us back to square one!!!!

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: April 23, 2009, 10:25:20 am »
If it was RBS being shown around the ground and Melwood is it at all possible they might be putting their own value on the club's assets should the bank end up owning the club?
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Wezza

• Main Stander
  • We want 6!
« Reply #1308 on: April 23, 2009, 10:29:38 am »
If they are desperate for cash then the last thing they would be expected to do would be to freeze prices, which makes me think there is something else behind this. I think things have come to far for them to be trying to earn a bit of goodwill from the fans.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #1309 on: April 23, 2009, 10:32:22 am »
Why do it before a match? Why be shown a match?  If its bankers, they could come in at anytime, however - if its someone trying to buy us, they would want to soak up the whole atmosphere.

Anyway nobody knows if we are to be sold, that:

A) it isn't a small percentage
B) Does it mean full control

Etc Etc. So many questions at this stage.

---

Also - perhaps everything else has been done, and yesterday was about welcoming them, before they will be presented before the media soon after the season finishes

if they were there to soak up the whole atmosphere, the arsenal game was quite a good one to go to.

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1310 on: April 23, 2009, 10:32:32 am »
Agreed, First thing banks normally do is tell you to put up prices so they get their money. Strange they've done the opposite.

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #1311 on: April 23, 2009, 10:33:49 am »
If it was RBS being shown around the ground and Melwood is it at all possible they might be putting their own value on the club's assets should the bank end up owning the club?

Good point

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1312 on: April 23, 2009, 10:36:05 am »
Go on then, didi. Enlighten us and expand on your statement.

Ah come on Harry you know what I mean...this false hope has been building up for months now and at the end of the day no one but the yanks knows whats going on

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #1313 on: April 23, 2009, 10:37:25 am »
- Parry ousted
- Benitez signed contract
- Dalglish talk of him coming back
- Hicks and Gillett looking mighty pleased for themselves
- Arabs been shown around Anfield/Melwood
- Ticket price freeze

---

Just wanted to add ticket price freeze to the list I have been making. They are gearing the club for a take over. Someone might even be controlling all these decisions.

I wonder what is next; perhaps we'll hear that the stadium work is going to start soon. ;)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1314 on: April 23, 2009, 10:37:40 am »
Couldn't a freeze in prices be seen as a business weakness? - ie ManU have been 'able' to put up prices, even in a recession, but we've 'had' to freeze them. 

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #1315 on: April 23, 2009, 10:37:52 am »
Ah come on Harry you know what I mean...this false hope has been building up for months now and at the end of the day no one but the yanks knows whats going on

So we shouldn't speculate? Why?

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1316 on: April 23, 2009, 10:38:26 am »

You know what, I don't believe the yanks know either. I think it's mostly out of their hands at the moment.

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1317 on: April 23, 2009, 10:38:38 am »
I think people are going to be extremely disappointed if this whole 'takeover already done' bollocks continues. There is a possibility, but why put all your hopes on it when it hasn't happened before?

Offline guyko21

• Kopite
« Reply #1318 on: April 23, 2009, 10:39:42 am »
Oh my god, is that it, I was expecting a cut in prices never mind a freeze, what a load of shite, once again. Looks like theyr're going nowhere then, no way they would announce this with new owners coming in. Shit.
Well, in real terms it is a price cut when you incorporate the changes in VAT ...

Actually I think this bodes well.  My friend is hopefully speaking with his lawyer today and hopefully we'll have some follow-up from a few weeks ago. 

But to my mind, this would be a smart thing for a new ownership structure to start off with, ie putting the fans first as their first move sort of thing.  And to make H&G smell a bit better (which H&G would have requested), announce it before they left so everyone can claim "We were all thinking of the fans, unlike what's happened down the road at ManU".  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the new owners (if that's what's happening) actually announced it as H&G's idea. 

Just thinking ...

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1319 on: April 23, 2009, 10:40:09 am »

Or they were reassessing the value prior to drawing up a new loan agreement.