Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1062696 times)

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #14760 on: November 16, 2019, 09:34:18 pm »
3450 LCFL? Or some combination?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14761 on: November 16, 2019, 09:42:53 pm »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #14762 on: November 16, 2019, 09:43:02 pm »
Similar to a 2D fitting or some other hybrid of that.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14763 on: November 16, 2019, 09:44:02 pm »
..... yep a batten pendant hybrid
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14764 on: November 24, 2019, 02:57:04 pm »
Need a boiler, are the Baxi or Main brands any good?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14765 on: November 24, 2019, 03:03:44 pm »
Need a boiler, are the Baxi or Main brands any good?

25 years ago I got told by a heating engineer to go for Worcester Bosch, so always gone with those, ours is about 7 years old now and never missed a beat. My stepdad has a Vaillant and that is brilliant, probably better than the Worcester Bosch, again no issues.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14766 on: November 24, 2019, 03:31:45 pm »
25 years ago I got told by a heating engineer to go for Worcester Bosch, so always gone with those, ours is about 7 years old now and never missed a beat. My stepdad has a Vaillant and that is brilliant, probably better than the Worcester Bosch, again no issues.
Thanks Rob. Hoping to nab a bargain in the black friday sales.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14767 on: November 26, 2019, 07:09:00 pm »
Is there anyway to search for a phrase in RAWK and it shows all occurrences in all threads?

more specifically

If I search in the Media and Arts board for say "full metal Jacket".  I want to see all mentions of it in the film thread but it only seems to show the latest occurrence

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14768 on: November 26, 2019, 09:15:29 pm »
I've just searched in the the media board only, putting it in quotes ie "full metal jacket" and got 5 pages of results going back to 2012
Jurgen YNWA

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14769 on: November 26, 2019, 09:17:24 pm »
All in the same thread Rob?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14770 on: November 26, 2019, 09:31:36 pm »
All in the same thread Rob?

Misunderstood what you were trying to do. Cant work out how to search a single thread
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #14771 on: November 27, 2019, 11:47:32 am »

I was told by a mate with a heating installation business that Worcester Bosch or Vaillant are the best (he thinks Ideal are shit). He also said that Gloworm are made by Vaillant with mostly the same components, just with fewer features (like fancy digital displays, etc) and a few hundred quid cheaper. British Gas have Gloworm as their preferred 'standard' brand.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14772 on: November 27, 2019, 11:55:28 am »
Just had a new Vaillant boiler put in this month. No issues so far (and hopefully not for the remaining 9 years, 11 months of the warranty!).

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14773 on: November 27, 2019, 12:18:12 pm »
Just had a new Vaillant boiler put in this month. No issues so far (and hopefully not for the remaining 9 years, 11 months of the warranty!).
It'll stop working 9 years, 11 months and 1 day from now
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14774 on: November 27, 2019, 02:38:40 pm »
Misunderstood what you were trying to do. Cant work out how to search a single thread

Yeah thats the thing

If your searching to read about a certain film then it would be nice to search the whole 'RAWK Film' thread etc

If it cant be done then so be it  :(

Online GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #14775 on: November 27, 2019, 04:00:22 pm »
Bought a new washing machine after the last one had lasted donkey's years. Are the newer ones much more efficient in that you have to be careful how you wash darks?

My blue-zip is starting to look decidedly purple.
JFT97

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14776 on: November 27, 2019, 04:31:56 pm »
Yeah thats the thing

If your searching to read about a certain film then it would be nice to search the whole 'RAWK Film' thread etc

If it cant be done then so be it  :(

Put a request in, that kind of thing shouldn't be that hard to do.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14777 on: December 5, 2019, 06:02:59 pm »
OK Rawk, only you can help. I did my A-levels in 95. For history, we had these 3 volumes of textbooks about the Nazis. They were, if I remember rightly, just compilations of documents and letters from Nazi Germany. There was a red, white and black book. Anyone know what I'm talking about, and how they could be found today? They were fascinating (I am not a Nazi sympathiser btw).

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14778 on: December 6, 2019, 08:29:32 pm »
Just moved into a new house and having carpets fitted tomorrow. The underlay looks good quality but has large patches where something must have spilled previously. Is it worth getting a new underlay fitted?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14779 on: December 6, 2019, 08:37:31 pm »
Just moved into a new house and having carpets fitted tomorrow. The underlay looks good quality but has large patches where something must have spilled previously. Is it worth getting a new underlay fitted?

I would, you don't know what it is
Jurgen YNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14780 on: December 6, 2019, 08:44:52 pm »
I would, you don't know what it is
Ugh I dread to think! House does feel a bit cold so think I'll get it done, hopefully makes a difference

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14781 on: December 7, 2019, 10:31:41 am »
Is there a specific reason why there's no LFC gear with just the Liverbird logo without the L.F.C. text?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14782 on: December 7, 2019, 10:40:59 am »
Is there a specific reason why there's no LFC gear with just the Liverbird logo without the L.F.C. text?

There is some stuff.

Edit - in fact just had a look, there’s loads of stuff.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2019, 10:42:41 am by Craig 🤔 »

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #14783 on: December 7, 2019, 10:42:14 am »
Ugh I dread to think! House does feel a bit cold so think I'll get it done, hopefully makes a difference

Give it a quick sniff and if it's not piss or vomit then save yourself a few bob.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14784 on: December 13, 2019, 10:02:30 am »
Is there a way to search for posted messages within a thread?

For example, if I want to search for all posts I made within the "What car you drive" thread, would it be possible?

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14785 on: December 13, 2019, 05:49:39 pm »

For example, if I want to search for all posts I made within the "What car you drive" thread, would it be possible?
Not that I can see. Just tried a few google keyword searches and it doesn't show every individual post.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14786 on: December 16, 2019, 10:41:54 am »
Not that I can see. Just tried a few google keyword searches and it doesn't show every individual post.

I thought so.  ::) ::) ::)

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14787 on: December 16, 2019, 11:03:26 am »

Search for "What Car Do You Own/Drive?"

By user: ChristChristMooseMooseMasMas

Options: Show results as messages

Result:

I remember you telling me that the Mazda was really good and that it was your (or your dad's) 2nd or 3rd Mazda.

That played a significant role in my decision. A whole lotta thanks to you mate. Beers on me when we meet. :)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14788 on: December 16, 2019, 11:54:40 am »

Search for "What Car Do You Own/Drive?"

By user: ChristChristMooseMooseMasMas

Options: Show results as messages

Result:

It doesnt show everything mate. :(

Even if the range of search is set to 0 to 9999 days.

This were some of my other posts in the same thread.

Ordered a 2018 Mazda-3 5 door hatchback. Picking it up 21-22 or 25-26, depending on when I can take off. :)

Sports line variant. Dark blue colour. 2liter 120BHP Petrol Engine.
Really? Could you tell me more about the car?

I am really excited as its my first ever car. Rented a fair bit of cars myself. But its a different feeling owning a car that, people say, has a bond with its driver. And hence the Mazda 3. I was looking at the CX-3 but decided against it as its based on the Mazda 2. And I wanted a compact class car. I could have gone for the CX-5 but it was a expensive.
Cool. Thanks for the response. It is always nice hearing feedback  from current owners. Makes you a little bit more content with the choice of the car. And Youtube videos arent always "ownership" focused, if you know what I mean. They give you a very subjective view of the car under the pretext of "ownership review". Like, they drive the car around for a week or two. But not from a current owner who has lived with the car for about 2-3 years. So whilst I do watch the videos, I do take them with a pinch of salt. So its always 50-50 for me.

So your dad has a Mazda. You had a Mazda. And your current car is also a Mazda? So I guess your family is pretty satisfied with a Mazda. :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14789 on: December 20, 2019, 10:55:47 am »
The light fitting in my bathroom came loose yesterday and now I can’t attach it back on because I can’t reach the screws due to that metal cover thing. Is there a better way to attach it back on to the ceiling? As you can see, I’m using tape as a temporary fix which looks ridiculous

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #14790 on: December 20, 2019, 11:03:39 am »
The light fitting in my bathroom came loose yesterday and now I can’t attach it back on because I can’t reach the screws due to that metal cover thing. Is there a better way to attach it back on to the ceiling? As you can see, I’m using tape as a temporary fix which looks ridiculous

Disconnect the power, take bulb out and then take out the screws, I can see at least two, that are holding the reflector (ie that metal thing) and remove it. You may need to wiggle it slightly to get it out.

That should give you access to the main mounting screws.

Failing that, a liberal dose of Bonjela should do the trick.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14791 on: December 20, 2019, 11:31:13 am »
Disconnect the power, take bulb out and then take out the screws, I can see at least two, that are holding the reflector (ie that metal thing) and remove it. You may need to wiggle it slightly to get it out.

That should give you access to the main mounting screws.

Failing that, a liberal dose of Bonjela should do the trick.
Ddin't even see the two screws holding the reflector :butt Cheers, won't need the Bonjela now

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14792 on: December 21, 2019, 11:37:52 am »
When taken to the local swimming pool for the 1st time did Jesus show off by walking on water?

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14793 on: December 21, 2019, 01:05:12 pm »
When taken to the local swimming pool for the 1st time did Jesus show off by walking on water?

Dead Sea, it was cheat mode...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14794 on: December 25, 2019, 05:01:25 pm »
A word of caution mate.

There may be no trace of it on his last scan, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it has gone.. let’s hope so, but it may not mean it’s a cure... good luck to him though
Two more scans later and they still can't find a trace of it  :thumbup
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14795 on: January 3, 2020, 09:12:09 pm »
Can I ask for recommendations for somewhere in Lincolnshire, please.

We are five lads, mid-thirties and are after somewhere to act as a base where we can go hiking over the weekend.

Looking for somewhere:

- With a couple decent pubs/restaurants within walking distance
- Ideally not a million miles away from east coast walks (but we can drive there)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14796 on: January 8, 2020, 09:28:43 pm »
Does anybody know what it means when someone makes this gesture towards you?
It is an up and down motion.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14797 on: January 8, 2020, 09:29:49 pm »
You've wanked your cock flat, stop.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14798 on: January 8, 2020, 09:35:18 pm »
You've wanked your cock flat, stop.
Stopcock?

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14799 on: January 8, 2020, 09:47:04 pm »