Author Topic: Portsmouth 2-3 Liverpool - We are still fighting  (Read 101799 times)

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
Re: Portsmouth 2-3 Liverpool - We are still fighting
« Reply #720 on: February 7, 2009, 08:55:06 pm »
Is that their sign I take it? Aren't they supposed to be really secretive, so why would they have a sign that identifies them to other people?! ;D

Anyway, 9 does make sense cos of his song, and the fact that he did it to the Liverpool fans...

maybe Mr. Ferguson is a freemason, i sense a new conspiracy theory
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: February 7, 2009, 08:55:44 pm »
Why do people get so angry about pundits?

Seriously now... why are they such Charlie Uniform's? Can't you get over them? Can't you simpy amuse yourselves with them? I mean why such vitriole? Surely a simple giggle would suffice no? I hear Andie Gray said something like, 'That's the title gone', or something.

I dunno... I'm lost on it really.

What I DID take joy in tonight was having a damn good fucking go at this penis sat behind me for the last 20 mins who spent those final 20 mins, (dressed up in his replica fucking shirt, 'I am a Liverpool fan' - no - you're a prick) moaning about everyone and everything and then having the audacity to jump about cheering.

There are times yer know when you need to just hold on to something no matter how far off it is, and to either zip it or cheer them on. Fuck. Your. Moaning.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #722 on: February 7, 2009, 08:55:46 pm »
Almost forgot

Happy 50th Sammy Lee

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #723 on: February 7, 2009, 08:57:43 pm »
apparently at the half he ran off holding up "1-0"  with a big grin.  Nice to wipe that smile off that bitters face at the end

I think David Nugent flatters himself if he thinks our players have any idea who the fuck he is, let alone who he supports. They probably went in at Half Time thinking Is this idiot was on about this game ??? They're obviously strange down South ;D
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #724 on: February 7, 2009, 08:57:57 pm »
Listen, we're all a bit excited and I'm as made up as anyone else. 3 points tonight was crucial or else we could wave bye-bye to the mancs. But let's be honest - Rafa's selection tonight was a fuckin shambles. I can't ever remember a more negative/baffling selection in all my years following the reds. He got out of jail by bringing on the players who should have started the match. If he ever works out that you could win a game and then give your players a rest, rather than hanging in there and then grabbing a spawny win in the last few minutes, then we might just have a chance of winning this league. Until then, we remain on the edge of our seats just waiting for the next disappointing draw which will, ultimately, cost us the points we need to win the thing.

Made up and pissed off in equal measures tonight. However - COME ON YOU IRONS!!
If you can't you see the sense in what Rafa did then you need to watch more footie. Classic way to play knackered players.

If you have the option of a) playing a knackered Torres and Kuyt from the beginning against a fit and eager Pompey, or b) play N'Gog and a weaker team to contain and out-pass them, maybe get a goal and if necessary bring on a fit Kuyt to run at them, a fit Xabi to outpass  them and a fit Nando for 15 minutes to scare the shit out of them and score the winner?

It needs balls of steel and a belief in what you're doing, which Rafa clearly has.

Scanning through the in-game thread is embarrassing, full of gutless wank from people who still don;t seem to understand that football last 90+ minutes.

Top of the league in February... Arsenal out of it, Chelsea falling away, and United needing to win away to go back top... but yeah... let's keep slagging off the manager...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Nando-On-Fire

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #725 on: February 7, 2009, 08:58:42 pm »
We should just give teams a 5 goal headstart. that way we are guaranteed to win.

Well in Liverpool and TORRES TORRES WE FUCKING LOVE YOU!!!

Offline kurt85

• Main Stander
« Reply #726 on: February 7, 2009, 08:59:17 pm »
this was like a carbon copy of the man city game with kuyt and torres taking centre stage.

Offline Polo

• Main Stander
« Reply #727 on: February 7, 2009, 09:00:36 pm »
never a doubt even if we were 2-0 down

Tim Sherwood will be squirming the little daft charlie uniform november tango

Would you have said there was never a doubt if the game had finished five minutes earlier?

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: February 7, 2009, 09:00:38 pm »
:)
+61 ticket exchange

Offline ladcameo

• Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #729 on: February 7, 2009, 09:01:09 pm »
hmm whatever torres is doing,it is getting more than poupular  ;D . when i was in india i was watching games in espn-star sports,the commentary was direct feed from sky since star network is sister network to sky.but the pundits were good.we have steve mcman who is a great liverpool player.and others too were supporting liverpool.this may be coz liverpool has largest fan base in asia than anyother EPL club.now iam in UK and iam watching games in setanta and fox sports etc where commentary and analysis is appaling.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: February 7, 2009, 09:01:44 pm »
This was one of those games where it didn't matter if we spent 89 minutes bumbling round like idiots unable to make a single pass, as long as we got three points in the end.  With the break coming up it was beyond vital that we won tonight, and now we have lets all sit and pray that Nando comes back with both legs still attached to his body.

Oh and I thought we played pretty well, in fact the first half an hour was the best we've played since the Newcastle game.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #731 on: February 7, 2009, 09:01:50 pm »
Haven't read the thread and don't intend to, why ruin my mood eh?

What heart and spirit, only thing is perhaps we should start with a handicap (and no I don't mean Lucas or Kuyt). Perhaps we should intentionally let the opposition score in the first few minutes, we then know exactly what we have to do to win the game. It appears at 0-0 the players are a little confused.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #732 on: February 7, 2009, 09:02:10 pm »
He certainly is.

"To a lesser degree, Kuyt"?? What you on - he created the first goal by stretching them, he scored two more, one by stretching them (although it got disallowed unfairly I thought) and was generally running Pompey ragged. He certainly stretched Pompey more than Torres did, who was on for one reason - turn a half chance into a winner.

Had Rafa started Torres, Alonso, and Kuyt, we may have struggled due to the fact that they've been playing a lot lately. Instead, Rafa tired out the opposition, and clinically picked the order of his subs to perfection.

First Kuyt to stretch them out by running like a madman.

Then Alonso to spray the ball around, and shift Aurelio to the left wing, where he could bomb in the crosses.

Finally, with just enough time for Torres to score, but not to get slowed down, he throws on the superstar to win the game.

Absolute perfection from the manager I thought. If it wasn't for a disallowed goal, we'd have done this sans the heart attacks.

Summed the game up perfectly. I'm happy to step up and admit that I was unhappy with the team selection, and at the time was bemused (and made my feelings clear on the in game thread) about his substitutions, but as other posters have noted, football is a game of 90 (or 93) minutes. Rafa got it right, but will not get the credit he deserves. The management of the team tonight has caused me to seriously re-evaluate my opinions of our manager. He continues to do a good job with the players he has available, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the Hammers do us a favour, a la the performance of a certain Hul lXI today!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: February 7, 2009, 09:02:14 pm »
Would you have said there was never a doubt if the game had finished five minutes earlier?

It didn't... that has to be one of the stupidest things I've seen on here in a while... and that's saying something.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline watyeonaboot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: February 7, 2009, 09:02:36 pm »
Never in doubt

Hmm, the kneejerkers will no doubt agree and their 2 million posts since the game finished. Such fickle wankers on this board.

So relieved at the result , three points is all that matters, hoping for a more composed performance against City.

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: February 7, 2009, 09:02:58 pm »
I am still trying to work out the formation. Was it 5-2-3?

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #736 on: February 7, 2009, 09:03:05 pm »
Was Gerrard really in the away end ?  wow.

;D
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline scousemike187

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool Fan
« Reply #737 on: February 7, 2009, 09:03:21 pm »
"Liverpool Cannot win the title with their current squad, not in a million years. You cannot just rely on 3 or 4 players throughout a season, and Liverpool are doing that, if you look at Man Utd they have; Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez." Tim Sherwood.

Posted this aswel, just found it hilarious what a fucking nob.

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #738 on: February 7, 2009, 09:04:26 pm »
"Liverpool Cannot win the title with their current squad, not in a million years. You cannot just rely on 3 or 4 players throughout a season, and Liverpool are doing that, if you look at Man Utd they have; Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez." Tim Sherwood.

sums up the fucking idiocy of sherwood

:lmao that's brilliant
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #739 on: February 7, 2009, 09:04:35 pm »
We sure Nando wasn't doing the old post and crossbar angle sign to show where it went in? Remember Owen doing it after he scored his pen in the shoot out against Argentina in 98.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: February 7, 2009, 09:04:46 pm »
Fact we got the 3 points everyone can dispute team selection or how late the goals came but we got the points and thats all that matter its a sign of champions or just plain luck according to some  ::)

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #741 on: February 7, 2009, 09:06:04 pm »
Haven't read the thread and don't intend to, why ruin my mood eh?

What heart and spirit, only thing is perhaps we should start with a handicap (and no I don't mean Lucas or Kuyt). Perhaps we should intentionally let the opposition score in the first few minutes, we then know exactly what we have to do to win the game. It appears at 0-0 the players are a little confused.

:D said words to a similar effect to some lad in the boozer. First 5 mins give the oppo a goal and then at least we know what needs to be done ;)
JFT97

Offline watyeonaboot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: February 7, 2009, 09:06:07 pm »
I lost 10 years of my life in this game.

Get the fuck in. :D

Oh get over yourself. It's February 7th not May 24th.

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: February 7, 2009, 09:06:27 pm »
It doesn't excuse Ryan's miss but is it legal to have a huge hill in the middle of the goal area?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline mulane

• rouge
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: February 7, 2009, 09:06:27 pm »
Honestly we really played quite well, Rafa was spot on, 2 mistakes cost us 2 goals, we by no means where deserving of a draw or a loss, we got what we deserved, all 3 points, top of the league, bloody wonderful. Torres is magic, anyone catch Mash celebrating after Torres put us in front? Got a good laugh out of that, same celebration as when he scored against Reading, looked like he was going to explode! Love it  ;D

And same celebration when babel scored the winner against Manu ;)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #745 on: February 7, 2009, 09:06:43 pm »
Fact we got the 3 points everyone can dispute team selection or how late the goals came but we got the points and thats all that matter its a sign of champions or just plain luck according to some  ::)

It's a sign of never giving in, a sign of not knowing when to throw in the towel. This win will give more confidence than any other this season.

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #746 on: February 7, 2009, 09:07:06 pm »
The team selection worked. I don't see what the issue is. We have played Chelsea and 120 mins against Everton in a week. This is bound to be mentally and physically draining. Today, our main tired players only had to play 20 mins. Perfect.

Offline JamieB

• Legacy Fan
  • Winning isn't important, it's everything
« Reply #747 on: February 7, 2009, 09:08:01 pm »
Loved it minus the minor heart scare. Come on West Ham! Top of the league, normality resumed.
Pass and Move its the Liverpool Groove,
Go Robbie, Go Robbie, Go!

Offline KopLad09

• Main Stander
« Reply #748 on: February 7, 2009, 09:08:27 pm »
what was Torres symbol on his celebration for ?

Offline jamiehill

• Kopite
  • MacIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt
« Reply #749 on: February 7, 2009, 09:09:05 pm »
If you can't you see the sense in what Rafa did then you need to watch more footie. Classic way to play knackered players.

If you have the option of a) playing a knackered Torres and Kuyt from the beginning against a fit and eager Pompey, or b) play N'Gog and a weaker team to contain and out-pass them, maybe get a goal and if necessary bring on a fit Kuyt to run at them, a fit Xabi to outpass  them and a fit Nando for 15 minutes to scare the shit out of them and score the winner?

It needs balls of steel and a belief in what you're doing, which Rafa clearly has.

Scanning through the in-game thread is embarrassing, full of gutless wank from people who still don;t seem to understand that football last 90+ minutes.

Top of the league in February... Arsenal out of it, Chelsea falling away, and United needing to win away to go back top... but yeah... let's keep slagging off the manager...

Rafa does it HIS way and that's it. I could see the logic in the way we played today even though today I thought we were getting no luck out there. I was thinking that Harry Rednapp is a kind of jinx with everything associated with him is bad luck for us.

I really couldn't believe the change in the game when Kuyt came on. He added a sense of urgency to our attack - which quickly led to us going one down.

The subs were the difference today. Now will Rafa get any praise from the pundits? Will he fuck!

TOP OF THE LEAGUE. The table somehow looks right. It looks somehow familiar.
The English club proved that miracles really do exist. I've now made Liverpool my English team. They showed that football is the most beautiful sport of all. They showed their unconditional support at half-time when they were losing 3-0 and still they didn't stop singing." Diego Maradona

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: February 7, 2009, 09:09:19 pm »
It's a sign of never giving in, a sign of not knowing when to throw in the towel. This win will give more confidence than any other this season.
Spot on a win in this manner mean so much more then just turning up and rolling them over 3-0, the players learnt alot about themselves today just confirming they can win a game from any position.

Offline Zend...en the clowns

• Legacy Fan
  • Likes BBQ sauce a bit too much..
« Reply #751 on: February 7, 2009, 09:09:34 pm »
Lucas is shit

Steven Gerrard saved us again

Dirk Kuyt should be dropped and yossi isn't worthy of a place

Our squad is shite
He posts in the day, he posts in the niiiiiiggghht,
That Zend...en the clowns, his timings just right.

Offline Smiling Politely

• Anny Roader
« Reply #752 on: February 7, 2009, 09:10:01 pm »
It's things like today that make me love Rafa even more.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #753 on: February 7, 2009, 09:11:10 pm »
This was one of those games where it didn't matter if we spent 89 minutes bumbling round like idiots unable to make a single pass, as long as we got three points in the end.  With the break coming up it was beyond vital that we won tonight, and now we have lets all sit and pray that Nando comes back with both legs still attached to his body.

Oh and I thought we played pretty well, in fact the first half an hour was the best we've played since the Newcastle game.
Art, I'm with you, although you would not believe it though based on some of the tools on here...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #754 on: February 7, 2009, 09:11:28 pm »
what was Torres symbol on his celebration for ?

Fernando Torres, Liverpool's number 9?
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #755 on: February 7, 2009, 09:11:29 pm »
biggest possitive for me was the performance in midfield of fabio

mash was my motm

ngog was good babel and yossi both need to improve

portsmouth will go down if they continue to defend so poorly

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: February 7, 2009, 09:11:39 pm »
Ah just going through the in game thread for a laugh.

Page 47 from t0m "Rafa needs the boot after this game couldnt give a shit what anyone els thinks"

Best one i've found so far.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: February 7, 2009, 09:12:24 pm »

If you have the option of a) playing a knackered Torres and Kuyt from the beginning against a fit and eager Pompey, or b) play N'Gog and a weaker team to contain and out-pass them, maybe get a goal and if necessary bring on a fit Kuyt to run at them, a fit Xabi to outpass  them and a fit Nando for 15 minutes to scare the shit out of them and score the winner?

Fuckin A
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: February 7, 2009, 09:12:25 pm »
What a game. Was getting ready to leave the computer in a huff only to see Yossi break free, Torres score and me drop the remnants of hot chocolate on my top and jeans!

Anywhos, started well but then it kind of tailed off. Should have scored before they did but there you are.

Yossi was good, as was Masch. Dirkster came on and showed that despite his limitations, he doesnt half score some vital goals for us. Nice piece of calm play for the winner as well.

All in all, nervousness galore but we won which is all that matters.

Oh and we need to get practicing defending set pieces again. Although, it is hard to stop a goal when a good cross is put in from that angle and a good headerer like Heriderson gets the run on you.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #759 on: February 7, 2009, 09:13:21 pm »
Can't remember a match in which I had such a roller coaster of emotions throughout. Even now I can't believe the ending!