Author Topic: Benitez fumes after draw at Wigan  (Read 91722 times)

Offline Kop4

• Legacy Fan
  • Can't get his avatar's boobs to jiggle.
Re: Benitez fumes after draw at Wigan
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 12:44:06 am »
It's deja vu - sounding more and more like Houllier.

What a miscalculation that Ferguson rant was. I thought fair play to Rafa at the time, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

We need the Champions League matches and soon - maybe Rafa will settle down once the business end of the season starts again.

Eerily true.

But how can he be unhappy when the team he puts out have scored 5 PL goals between them ALL SEASON?

(Gerrard and Torres excluded, but who then get substituted)
A travesty of a sham of a mockery.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 12:44:17 am »
In all respect Sarge and please don't take this personally, but couldn't this have been posted in the after match thread so I could ignore it like all the other posts that are in there?

The LFC Forum is depressing enough..

Was thinking that Terry but Rafa post match quotes where in it.

Soz.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 12:44:20 am »
And you mean by the business end?
Sarge, I've got the feeling over the last few seasons that Rafa - and hence the team - goes off the boil when we're not playing CL games.

I'm sure someone will provide stats and such to prove or disprove, but his tactical nous seems sadly lacking when we only have League games on the horizon.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2009, 12:44:24 am »
He really said that? I don't understand why even bring Ferguson into it.

Fat head said that
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2009, 12:46:08 am »
BBC Web. He is quoted mate.

What an absolute fat c*nt. I bet he had his team to go out of their way tonight to deny us and do the opposite a few weeks ago at OT to please his former boss. Fat headed c*nt.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2009, 12:47:10 am »
mmmm.       
could be to do with contract negotiations i suppose ...........

who knows eh ?

Quite possibly, stuff like that can always be an unwanted distraction.

Starting to get annoyed at the "teams play so negatively" comments. They employ the same tactics against the other 3 of the Big 4 - so it's not like we are at an unfair disadvantage.

We have hit a rough patch, every team has this season. United towards the beginning, Chelsea after christmas(iirc) and Arsenal in between their big matches. Our cause isn't beeing helped by Benitwz not being focsed 100% on the job and making sloppy mistakes for whatever reasons (contrac/illness).

We just gotta hope it ends on Sunday.
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2009, 12:47:36 am »
Sarge, I've got the feeling over the last few seasons that Rafa - and hence the team - goes off the boil when we're not playing CL games.

I'm sure someone will provide stats and such to prove or disprove, but his tactical nous seems sadly lacking when we only have League games on the horizon.

Yes i agree Rafa knows Europe but i think he is getting the hang of the PL but at times i just do not get his decisions, i like Rafa but at the moment thingsare not good across the whole Club from the terraces to the Boardroom.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline lawrie

• Legacy Fan
  • Done the treble
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2009, 12:48:13 am »
I think he's talking about our players not following his instructions after half time or maybe hinting at something a little more sinister - I wish he wouldnt do it though

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2009, 12:49:54 am »
I think he's talking about our players not following his instructions after half time or maybe hinting at something a little more sinister - I wish he wouldnt do it though

Thats my whole point you see. I posted that in raptors thread about the possibility of dressing room problems if the players are not following his instructions well........
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Nebraska Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2009, 12:50:16 am »
Rafa is hardy going to tell the press he just lost it with his players, that he berated them and called them all cowards.

the fragile egos of these superstars have to be protected and they cannot be seen to be offended in public.

what else can he say? sure, some of the challenges were a joke and Dowd was his usual asshole as a ref.

he knows his players fucked up and that he contributed to this debacle in no small measure.

i just hope he has the nads to go at the team and get them up for the next game.

Offline RPK

• Main Stander
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2009, 12:51:13 am »
Thing is, after throwing away two points like that, in the position we're in, the post-match p/c is always likely to be slightly irrational.  Benitez must be incredibly irritated - with himself, the team, the ref', Wigan... take ya pick!

One thing that was crazy was Lucas's challenge - unnecessary, and a clear penalty - he looked absolutely gutted!  Cost us two points, but I feel sorry for him.  Let's hope the crowd get behind him next time he plays.

I f***ing HATE Michael Brown - He's nothing but a thug!  He always does it to us - remember the Alonso headbutt?

Benitez's subs were... typical Benitez.  Difficult to fathom.  Although we do have Chelsea on Sunday so perhaps he wanted to rest/protect Torres and Gerrard.  I gave up second-guessing him a long time ago.

Benayoun was good - great goal and great run in the second half.

Anyway, it's January and we're in a title race - beat Chelsea on Sunday and it will be a new ball game so to speak.  United have loads of injuries and we have none, since we slaughtered Newcastle we have been poor - I'm praying the same thing happens to the Mancs.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2009, 12:52:02 am »

On reflection I think it's clear he's not talking about Wigan and their tactics. Only thing left is some of the players really.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2009, 12:54:07 am »
Yes i agree Rafa knows Europe but i think he is getting the hang of the PL but at times i just do not get his decisions, i like Rafa but at the moment thingsare not good across the whole Club from the terraces to the Boardroom.

Sarge, honestly mate. How often have you seen a Rafa substitute and thought 'yeah that's what I'd have done!'

Personally his selections and substitutions have always been surprises, hence the fantasy rafa game someone developed, and we earned points for managing to pick his teams. The only difference nowadays is we're drawing rather than winning at home. Why that is I have no idea but this is a landmark season for poor home results.

Rafa's subs surprised me again tonight, I expected Babel to come off for Riera as the first choice but was more than satisfied bringing off Torres to give Babel 20 minutes up top. It made little difference to our style, one thing I did notice is that Babel was chasing the ball schoolboy-like at times when he should have been peeling off into the area ready to receive it.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline AlanK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2009, 12:56:13 am »
Just saw the press conference...To me he looked like someone who was really pissed off, and possibly just after losing the rag. I'd say he tore some of the players a new one after fucking up, for the third game running, by giving away an unnecessary setpiece/ penalty.
We have to win on Sunday now, it's do or die...regardless of whether Everton can do us a favour or not. starting to think now there might be a bit of a clear out in the summer if we don't stay in this till the end

Offline markiv

• Main Stander
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2009, 12:56:41 am »
Just watched the interview and I think everyone's reading too much into it. He did not mention anything about Ferguson. When asked about Wigan's form in their last few home games he said he prefers not to talk about it cause he's not happy about many things.

I really don't think there's too much wrong with that interview.

Win the next 2 games and the confidence will be back. We are still in it!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2009, 12:58:00 am »
Looking on a simple level, he's saying teams against us are just defending and playing long balls which is frustrating him, and true. Deeper... who knows what's going on behind the scenes? I'm sure Rick Parry is probably involved.

In the summer either Parry or Rafa has to go. This cant continue for much longer either way.

As for teams defending against us what do you expect we are toothless.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2009, 01:00:57 am »

Fucking fat head with his Mr Ferguson comment too, bet he was smiling when he said that.

To be fair to ol' bloathead, the response was dragged out of him by the shit-stirring reporter and he started his answer by stating he "didn't care much about them lot anymore".
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline brunny

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2009, 01:02:03 am »
I am confident that he was refering to a kill the game off and b consede from a set peice.

Only scoring 1 goal is fine if we can be confident that we will keep a clean sheet.

There does come a certain point in a game where f you are one goal up you decide to hold on to it and not risk the win by leaving up gaps at the other end. Perhaps when we are 1 nill up we should not be caught on the counters as we were.
http://game2.mafiadeath.com/r/35526.php
MafiaDeath Username: gabrown

Offline NornIron!!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2009, 01:04:10 am »
honestly If he is talking about other teams just defending then he can shut the fuck, they've been doing it to United and Arsenal for years!
As poppy petals gently fall
Remember us who gave our all
Not in the mud of foreign lands
Not buried in the desert sands

In Ulster field and farm and town
Fermanagh lanes and drumlin'd Down
We died that violent death should cease
And Ulstermen might live in peace.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2009, 01:05:21 am »
Fucking bruce would put his fucking fat head in front of the goal to stop us from winning. Arsehole.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2009, 01:07:06 am »
honestly If he is talking about other teams just defending then he can shut the fuck, they've been doing it to United and Arsenal for years!

teams defending is no fucking excuse, non what so ever. Joke fucking joke this is starting to become.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2009, 01:07:30 am »
Rafa looked like a man who has just found out Carra and Gerrard Veteo'd the signing of Barry to bring their mate Keane in and that the man who is destined to replace Carra in the team Agger hasn't had a contract offer since his request for one in November.

Carra and Gerrard demanding a meeting yesterday to find out about the ownership situation woudn't of improved the managers mood
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2009, 01:07:52 am »
teams defending is no fucking excuse, non what so ever. Joke fucking joke this is starting to become.

He didnt mention the opposition defending though...

Offline kickinkaz

• Kopite
  • Do one thing every day that scares you
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2009, 01:08:51 am »
Rafa is purely sometimes an enigma, no matter how much we read into his comments and the mind mystifies even more in some ways its capricious, we just have to go with it and coast.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2009, 01:09:05 am »
Rafa looked like a man who has just found out Carra and Gerrard Veteo'd the signing of Barry to bring their mate Keane in and that the man who is destined to replace Carra in the team Agger hasn't had a contract offer since his request for one in November.

Carra and Gerrard demanding a meeting yesterday to find out about the ownership situation woudn't of improved the managers mood

Huh!?!
Y.N.W.A.

Offline won ton

• Anny Roader
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2009, 01:09:16 am »
God i love football so much i fuckin hate it right now, its like the bitch has cheated on me. I love rafa anyone  who calls him a c*nt is a c*nt, if you dont agree with his methods thats fine because  im losing faith a little but he does deserve respect. I cant get my head round some of his decisions, tactics, subs and faith in certain players, often it feels like he's trying to test your loyalty like some omnipotent shit stirrer trying to mix it up but he's improved the side massively he won us big ears and an FA cup, the potential to be great is there it feels so close for fucks sake i can smell it but rafa keeps covering it up with his own massive farts, for fucks sake rafa stop it, you are better than this. what am i going on about, my heads up my arse we'll beat chelsea and all will be smiles again.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2009, 01:10:10 am »
He didnt mention the opposition defending though...

No you did mate.

Offline Oake

• Main Stander
  • Hello. Here we go!
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2009, 01:10:37 am »
Let him fume at himself. He's not learning.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2009, 01:10:51 am »
It's simple, no?

The players are NOT executing in the last 3rd.

To often we get into or on the edge of the box and the next pass is poor or a player is surrounded and looses possession.

I think Rafa is frustrated because he tells the players to be in postion and execute only to watch , at times, players not get into position or waste possession.

We rush the ball looking for something that isn't there and gets cut out. Rafa wants more precision.

As for Wigan, 2 shots on goal . One was the penalty, the other the free kick which hit the bar late on. We controlled the match and let it slip away. And not just because of the penalty. Because we are wastefull in the final third.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline DanH

• Main Stander
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2009, 01:10:55 am »
i'm guessing no one actually watched the video of what bruce said and just went off the headline and 'quote' yeah? it's on the match report page in the little video section of the managers. what was actually said was bruce was talking aboutgoing for the game and the reporter said 'and obviously somewhere in cheshire there's a scotsman you know well who'll be chuckling' to which bruce actually said 'well that's no one more chuckling than i am and i'm not really bothered about them anymore i have to say that but i'm sure he'll be delighted of course.'
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:13:39 am by DanH »

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2009, 01:11:55 am »

Easy tiger, ya dont wanna be making those sorts of statements lightly.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2009, 01:11:57 am »
I'm sorry but im fed up listening to the rubbish about us winning the title. Its not gunna happen this season. Obviously if you had been told we'd be 2 points off the leaders (albeit with a game extra played) at this stage of the season, in August, then that would seem like a great season thus far. However, this season is probably one of the poorest seasons quality wise.

Manchester United have not hit anywhere near top gear, Chelsea have been shockingly inconsistent and Arsenal have been worse. We have been distinctly average in our performances and ground out some fortuitous wins in the first half of the season. There has been precious little difference in some of the performances in games we have won and games we have drawn. For instance, the home game against Boro and the opening game at the stadium of light against Sunderland were 2 average performances to say the least. The only difference between these games and games against the likes of stoke and west ham was that we got lucky and nicked a goal. The warning signs have been there all season. We have controlled some games yet failed to find the net. This is the major flaw with Rafa's tactics. He believes that hard work alone will win games. This is unsustainable for a whole league season. We have some players of excellent quality. However I would doubt that Rafa's system allows us to see the best of them.

I'll refer to man utd as with credit to them, they are the benchmark to judge a good league team by. Would you prefer Carrick, Fletcher, Park, Giggs, Nani or O'Shea instead of Alonso, Mascherano, Kuyt, Babel, Riera or Arbeloa??
The United players mentioned above do not seem like matchwinners or glamour players on paper. However these will be the squad players of a title winning squad.
Our lot seem to have that extra but of quality, albeit on paper. Thats where our system comes in, its far too rigid, its as if Rafa doesnt trust our players to express themselves. Our forwards are encouraged to defend from the front to an excessive extent which has blunted some of our signings attacking abilities.

I would love to see what some of our players could do in a different kind of system. I'd love to see what Ryan Babel could do when he is not being coached day in day out to defend from the front. I'd love to see what Xabi Alonso can do when he is playing in an alternating 2 man centre midfield with Steven Gerrard where its taken in turn to get forward. The reliance on Gerrard to be the focal point of our attack to provide chances for Torres pays off 7 times out of 10. However, we are one dimensional in attack and this reliance is unhealthy both on the pressure on the player and the ego of the player.
When Ruud Van Nistelrooy was a Man Utd player he was a scoring machine, sometimes relentless with finding the net. However United became a better team when they diluted the goalscoring duties. Now i'm not saying sell Gerrard or Torres but we desperately need to changeour attacking philosophy.

One other point is our method of attacking play. We defend as a team, as a unit. However we attack as individuals. Such a philosophy should result in an impenetrable defence. However our defence has been average this season if you ask me. Fair enough, we havent conceded bucket loads of goals. But if most teams played with 2 midfielders babysitting in front of our centre backs then there would be alot less goals in the premiership. these 2 players are the most important in Rafa's footalling philosophy. Again i'll refer to Man Utd, Vidic and Ferdinand/Evans do not need as much protection. And this is what makes the scum a greater side.

Basically it all boils down to Rafa's philosophy. In his eyes a player like Kuyt is a dream. An attacking work horse who'll score the occasional goal and defend from the front. I think he is the prototype Benitez player. And this saddens me. Because this philosophy will never change. We will be efficient and mechanical, and to be successful in the league.... i.e winning it, we will need to be robotic playing Rafa's system. Theres little room for creativity and freedom of expression (Gerrard aside).

Finally, i'd like people who read this to name me some attacking players that Rafa has significantly developed since he came here. You may say Torres but I would disagree, its not that difficult to see Torres was a superb player when he first came. And he is an excellent player now. But will Rafa make him a more dangerous player? Sure he'll make him tactically aware and hard working theres no doubt about that.

Pennant, Nunez, Gonzalez, Kuyt, Crouch, Riera, Babel, N'Gog, Bellamy, Keane. (These are a sprinkling of Rafa's attacking signings). Its been said a million times that these are not players of the highest quality, that is obvious. But have we even got the best out of them?

anyway rant over. Basically what I'm trying to say is that our managers philosophy depresses me. And hes so stubborn with it that he wont change.  :(

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2009, 01:12:12 am »
Just seen MOTD on sky+. Rafa says 2nd half was "crazy" and it's not the first time. He's deffo on about teams being physical...really hop he shuts up about this, as other teams will try to play that way and we'll end up doing an arsenal v bolton
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2009, 01:12:42 am »
Is he on about the referee's by any chance ? ? ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2009, 01:12:46 am »

he is on about his own team and the players on the pitch

a manager does not tell every player when and where(3 steps left at 62 mins 30 secs) to move that is up to the player himself to work out

he does not tell the players in which min to score

he does not tell the players to miss great chances or to be on their heels when the ball comes to them

tactics are one thing what is happening to us is complacency from our players

classic example gerrard was in such a rush to set up torres he forgot there were 9 other players on the pitch

same happened when we were 1-0 up early on in the season and keane was on the pitch instead of playing in others gerrard would try and play keane in all the time instead of play a better ball to someone else

today in attack there was gerrard+torres and then there was everyone else this sort of bum love is starting to get on my nerves

about 'crazy' he probably means the players in red shirts slowly allowing wigan to get a grip on the game and instead of keeping their heads and making wise moves started to give away possession and gift balls to wigan.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 01:14:40 am by LFCfan4Life »
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2009, 01:12:51 am »
Thing is, after throwing away two points like that, in the position we're in, the post-match p/c is always likely to be slightly irrational.  Benitez must be incredibly irritated - with himself, the team, the ref', Wigan... take ya pick!

If that was the case (and it looks as though it clearly was) why not send his assistant out to talk, like every other fucking club does after these types of results.  Jeez, some managers even have 1 hr lock-ins after such a bollox-up like tonight!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2009, 01:14:16 am »
Did any of you dickheads actually watch the fucking interview....
You daft treacherous twats. The BBC cut up to interviews into this snippet and you jump all over our boss!
He was getting asked about our performance. He said.... It was crazy. Everyone was jumping in tackling and running around. You can't control things like that. But I don't want to say too much.
Bet he fucking will at Melwood tomorrow though.

As for Fat Head and the Ferguson comment....
The Interviewer was pressing him into saying Ferguson would be made up. Bruce said, That's nothing to do with me, or I have nothing to do with them now or words to that effect. The interviewer kept pressing and he eventually said, Yes. I'm sure he's delighted with the result.

I don't know about Rafa, but I definetly think a load of you disloyal c*nts should keep your fucking mouth's shut and stop jumping on the Boss - especially when you don't even know what you are talking about.

Getting really sick and tired of you c*nts in here.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2009, 01:14:19 am »
I think Rafa may be making out the opposition just keep defending?
Doubt it. He knows that the team is playing nowhere near their best. Compare tonight's abject performance to say the Newcastle game where we passed & moved well and created numerous clear cut scoring opportunities. What I see tonight is the team's lack of hunger or maybe lack of belief that we can win it this season. You can tell that the team was trying to hang on to a slender 1-0 lead instead of pushing forward. Maybe the rotation issue (or lack of it) will be questioned again. The team looked half interested and spent

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Y.N.W.A.