Author Topic: Benitez fumes after draw at Wigan  (Read 91880 times)

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
Re: Benitez fumes after draw at Wigan
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2009, 06:07:45 am »

What's this quote all about?

'Alex Ferguson has been here for 22 years and you can see what it means when you have been here for so long. The past three games have something in common I don’t like.’

He's coming across as obsessed, I'm afraid to say.  Get a grip Rafa!

Just to throw it out there, maybe Rafa's feeling the pressure (as you'd expect) and was paying the Manc's a compliment.

Maybe he's hinting that it's taken Whisky 22 years to get where they are, and looking at the last 3 games, we clearly still have some work to do because we don't yet have the personnel. He needs a few more years to build the squad.

Then again, maybe not   :-\

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2009, 06:13:11 am »
Ridiculous for Rafa to blame anyone but himself and the team for the draws.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline John McKenna

• Main Stander
  • Me having no education. I had to use my brains
« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2009, 06:14:00 am »
As much as I love Rafa he doesnt help himself with some of the things he says
“Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.”

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2009, 06:16:57 am »
A year on, and it's the same thing we suffered from last season in January. Draws, unable to hold leads, unable to break down defenses.

You'd think we'd have changed a few things in one year.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2009, 06:20:51 am »
I'm as frustrated as anyone else with the way we are playing. To me it just seems like we've got a team of bottlers who only produce their best football when the pressure is off and we are out of the title race. Now is that down to the manager or the players? Well I think it's a bit of both, Rafas motivational and tactical skills have been found wanting recently and the players are not focusing and concentrating enough imo.

But.....

TO ALL THOSE CALLING FOR RAFAS HEAD, JUST BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2009, 06:27:06 am »
A year on, and it's the same thing we suffered from last season in January. Draws, unable to hold leads, unable to break down defenses.

You'd think we'd have changed a few things in one year.
That is unusual, for us. And I feel that's what Rafa was referring to.

Offline zeropdd

• Main Stander
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2009, 06:31:33 am »
I have such an amazing love/hate relationship our manager.

Why is he so frustrating

Offline toshi

• Kopite
  • Respect
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2009, 06:38:02 am »
Thank God for posters like you, Fat Scouser!

seconded.

i love to read and lurking on LFC Forum, not so long ago RAWK is in a different class from others, but now..... :no :butt
CJ        : "Morton, this is President Bartlett"
Bartlett : "Hey Morton"
Morton (stunned) : "WOW"
Bartlett  : "Well Said"

Offline saintslfc13

• Kopite
« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2009, 06:41:48 am »
Why can't he just accept that it's his decisions which are costing us? Either he knows and doesn't have the bollocks, or he has no clue he's doing anything wrong and is just thick. If the latter, someone needs to fucking tell him!

Posted this on YNWA.tv earlier. Too many times this season have we gone 1-0 up only for our players to decide thats all we need and stop playing. We've seen many a game where we completely dominate the opposition for the first 20-45 minutes then completely change and look disinterested. I don't think you can necessarily blame Rafa for the sudden change in attitude of the team in those games. That lineup he put out today was good enough to beat Wigan and an on form Torres would have put us ahead early on. We created and controlled the game for the opening period, only to go soft in the second half and invite pressure on ourselves.

Now I don't know if Rafa tells our players to stop attacking, but it would be pretty daft giving our current record of giving away dodgy set pieces (and for today a peno) in the last ten minutes, therefore I'm willing to bet he doesn't. We sent an unchanged side out there for the second half, but the attitude and attacking intent was MASSIVELY different.

It comes a point when the bottle, and desire of the players has to be called into question. I will admit though that Rafa's sub of Gerrard for Keane was daft. The only thing I can think is maybe he was trying to show confidence in Keane by having him come on for our best player. Gerrard is the one player who KNOWS he's good regardless of if he's rested after scoring a hat trick or not, therefore it's a low risk move to take him off because the guy doesn't lose confidence in himself. If we had more players with Gerrard's attitude we'd have converted a good portion of those draws into wins. Torres is another one like him, but hasn't been able to really go this season, because of the injury woes.

The reason we have Sammy Lee is to motivate the players to give it their all for the club, the reason we have Rafa is to place our players in the best position to win football matches.

After reading the interview it's clear that Rafa is furious with the way we played second half. He's not blaming anyone but our own team. The second half was crazy in that, we completely fucking bottled it as a collective unit. We had them dominated and shackled for 45 minutes of football and let them back into it in the 2nd 45. Even with that, we still only conceded in the last 10 minutes do to our defense deciding to maraud forward for no reason. Arbeloa and Aurelio I understand, and Skrtel on the Halfway line to win headers OK I can see the reasoning, but Carra should be NOWHERE NEAR the opposition half in that situation. He's not generally a goal threat, and being our #1 cb needs to stay back to deal with situations like that. Lucas should not have been the first one back there, yes it was a dumb challenge to just barge in like that in the box, but Lucas is young and will learn, had he got the ball we'd all be praising his hard work and effort.

I don't even want to get started on Keane.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2009, 06:42:12 am »
When we were in dire need of help we were practically praying day and night that Rafa wouldn't desert us and would stay to fight for LFC DESPITE the owners and CEO being the biggest set of cuntfucks ever associated with the club. Now he draws a few games and the majority seem to want him out.

Best fans in the world my fucking arse - firmly behind FS in the "Rafa IN" club.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2009, 06:52:03 am »
That is unusual, for us. And I feel that's what Rafa was referring to.

The most infuriating thing, the EXACT same thing was happening a year ago. One year on, a whole year, and we're repeating the same mistakes again.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2009, 06:56:01 am »
He makes me having Houllier's last season visions and the guy is obsessed with United.  He isnt the same guy who managed us in the first 3 years.  I think the board will start collecting CVs around if these results carries on.
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2009, 07:01:35 am »
"Alex Ferguson has been here for 22 years and you can see what it means when you have been here for so long. The past three games have something in common I don’t like."  - is that really the quote?

Kenny Dalglish's eyebrows must have twitched on this one.

He's the perfect diplomat but Rafa's pushing him here. Rafa's been getting gentle hints from all the old boys that players don't need much of a rest when they're winning so, until we see that [I think the squad's too big], all the Ferguson fears and facts may well be true but they're not going to wash when we can see with own eyes some of the things we're not happy about and it's not Ferguson and the FA, it's the football on the pitch.

I always like to watch exactly how Dalglish the master deals with it. Watch the way he dodges all this in his monthly column!

But if he even slightly suggests that he thinks 'just getting on with and keeping your gob shut' might be a good course of action, you know that he thinks a lot more than that privately.

Dalglish?: "I didn't see Alex Ferguson on the pitch against Wigan."

Offline wesley

• Anny Roader
« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2009, 07:40:38 am »
perhaps the boss was not happy with the stupid defensive mistakes we made? recently, when we conceded goals, we didn't defend like an organized unit and were punished heavily. 3 mistakes = 4 points in the league + 1 FA cup away replay:(

i also think rafa was fuming because we lost the sense of control in the second half against wigan. our tempo and style were pretty much dictated by our opponent and we were drawn into a kind of open play, losing a lot of possession and composure in the process. when we played this way, our midfield was often bypassed. given we didn't have an effective target man when torres was taken off, we were actually inviting wigan to counter-attack and creating troubles for ourselves.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 07:57:17 am by wesley »

Offline Cloggs

• Legacy Fan
  • TAFKAAS
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2009, 07:42:44 am »
What is Rafa on about, is this the problems or something?  :-\

God knows but it implies that he is again blaming someone or something outside the club for the result. Maybe the tactics of Wigan, maybe the referee's decision. Like I said, God knows.

Offline Car

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2009, 07:42:54 am »
"It has happened in the last three games. They have something in common I don't like. I know why but I cannot say anything."

What is "they" referring to? The games, the players, or the opponents?
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." Steven Gerrard.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2009, 07:57:20 am »
100% behind Rafa
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2009, 08:02:20 am »
"They" is referring to the games.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2009, 08:06:20 am »
The most infuriating thing, the EXACT same thing was happening a year ago. One year on, a whole year, and we're repeating the same mistakes again.
A year (and a month ago) the problem was that we couldn't break teams down. ie. We couldn't score. Just recently, we've found it hard to hang on to a lead and conceded goals late on. ie. We scored but kept conceding.

Both scenarios have resulted in draws and dropped points, but seem to me to be two different problems?

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2009, 08:11:53 am »
I don't know about Rafa, but I definetly think a load of you disloyal c*nts should keep your fucking mouth's shut and stop jumping on the Boss - especially when you don't even know what you are talking about.

Getting really sick and tired of you c*nts in here.

Here Here.

They need flushing out.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2009, 08:18:10 am »
Now he draws a few games and the majority seem to want him out.

Best fans in the world my fucking arse - firmly behind FS in the "Rafa IN" club.

IMO he has cost us the title, I cannot defend his decisions anymore. He is obssessed with draws and its broing the life out of me.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2009, 08:19:05 am »
Rafa Benitez hits out at ‘crazy’ second half

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/01/29/rafa-benitez-hits-out-at-crazy-second-half-64375-22806608/

Rafa in todays daily post

“We’ve been giving away too many points. Especially in the last three games, they all have something in common that I don’t like.

“I know why it is happening but I can’t say anything. The players were working had in the first half by then it was a crazy second half.

“It’s not driving me crazy. I am calm about it. You cannot control it and when you cannot change things then they will be like things for years.”

Whats he on about  ???

Whatever it is  , is Rafa saying in the last line he can't change it and it will be like that for years to come
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 08:25:48 am by rocco »

Offline lunnylad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2009, 08:22:22 am »

“We’ve been giving away too many points. Especially in the last three games, they all have something in common that I don’t like.

“I know why it is happening but I can’t say anything. The players were working had in the first half by then it was a crazy second half.

“It’s not driving me crazy. I am calm about it. You cannot control it and when you cannot change things then they will be like things for years.”

Whats he on about  ???

Fuck knows.
6 may come first, but we all want 19
good luck to Rafa, where the fuck's Keane?....

Offline robbie77

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2009, 08:23:06 am »
I think he's lost the plot!!
I fucking hate Mancs.......Arrogant c*nts

Offline bordeauxred

• posh scouser
  • Kopite
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2009, 08:24:11 am »

Right you lot instead of jumping on the "lets all slag  rafa off" bandwagon, nows the time to get behind the team and staff and support them in the last few months of this season. We are going to have more ups & downs but so are the Mancs and Chelsea so gather together and "ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL!"

Come on Red Men. 

Offline barnseysbarmyarmy

• Kopite
  • You know nothing John Snow (except current affairs
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2009, 08:26:23 am »
I reckon he must still be on about Whisky Nose and referees...But to all those who would actually like to see Rafa go (which I categorically do not), who out there is better equipt to handle the challenge of running this club? I would say no one out there.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2009, 08:29:59 am »
Rafa Benitez hits out at ‘crazy’ second half

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/01/29/rafa-benitez-hits-out-at-crazy-second-half-64375-22806608/

Whats he on about  ???

Whatever it is  , is Rafa saying in the last line he can't change it and it will be like that for years to come

god knows  >:(

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2009, 08:33:00 am »
What the hell is wrong with Rafa?

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2009, 08:33:55 am »
aimless long balls by carra and stevie? it hardly follows his ball retention gameplan?
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2009, 08:34:54 am »
What the hell is wrong with Rafa?

He is losing it in every way.Its becoming a bit of a sorry state of affairs.

Offline Strawberry Fields

• Pending....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2009, 08:35:14 am »
A year (and a month ago) the problem was that we couldn't break teams down. ie. We couldn't score. Just recently, we've found it hard to hang on to a lead and conceded goals late on. ie. We scored but kept conceding.

Both scenarios have resulted in draws and dropped points, but seem to me to be two different problems?

Last season we drew 13 league games. 5 were goaless draws, in 4 we came from behind, in 4 we lead then drew.
This season we drew 9 league matches. 5 were goaless draws, in 2 we came from behind, in 2 we lead then drew.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2009, 08:36:19 am »
Maybe he's just miserable because he hasn't won a league game in January for the last two years. Ridiculous really.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2009, 08:37:22 am »
Last season we drew 13 league games. 5 were goaless draws, in 4 we came from behind, in 4 we lead then drew.
This season we drew 9 league matches. 5 were goaless draws, in 2 we came from behind, in 2 we lead then drew.

Exactly

Didn't last season, we drew with Wigan the same way, when they came form behind. Same with Villa.

Attack, not good enough. Defense, not good enough.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2009, 08:37:40 am »
god knows  >:(

Rafa was being asked about our performance. He was fuming and he said... It was a crazy second half. Everyone was running about tackling and jumping. You can't control things like that. It's been the same for the last 3 games.

That's all i can make out from his comments ... my pc went down and i missed the 2nd half..
Anybody got all 3 games ... worth looking at them  to see whats up with Rafa ?

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2009, 08:38:04 am »
Maybe he's just miserable because he hasn't won a league game in January for the last two years. Ridiculous really.

Shocking isn't it? Is it something specifically in January? Player's fitness?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2009, 08:38:51 am »
IMO he has cost us the title, I cannot defend his decisions anymore. He is obssessed with draws and its broing the life out of me.

The players take the blame too and nothing is over.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2009, 08:41:31 am »
I reckon he must still be on about Whisky Nose and referees...But to all those who would actually like to see Rafa go (which I categorically do not), who out there is better equipt to handle the challenge of running this club? I would say no one out there.

There is only man but that would be a 50 / 50 split on who wants him.

We are nearly there but need a Manager with a more ruthless streak.

I adore Rafa but the last month has made me question him - from that fucking rant to bizarre subs.

I said at the time the rant was never going to win / lose the title but why get involved. 
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline The Cappuccino Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • Aren't we free?
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2009, 08:41:44 am »
When we were in dire need of help we were practically praying day and night that Rafa wouldn't desert us and would stay to fight for LFC DESPITE the owners and CEO being the biggest set of cuntfucks ever associated with the club. Now he draws a few games and the majority seem to want him out.

Just because somebody sees something from a different perspective, it doesn't mean they're a worse fan than you.
Formerly Mr Brightside.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2009, 08:42:25 am »

Is that true? fuckinell

Offline Robo707

• Anny Roader
« Reply #239 on: January 29, 2009, 08:44:43 am »
I laughed at this, sorry but ridiculous statement to make!

He's the master tactician said some of you............yeah, really shows that doesn't he. Even when we were top I never had belief we'd finsih top of the table. I kept it quiet and told every Manc / Chelsea fan I knew "we'll win it" just to show I had belief that we would, and tried to remain positive.

Yeah we did well, but he's the new Ranieri - he couldn't help but have a wee tinker with his squad. Face reality fellow Reds.............

I'm not having a bash at the lad, I'm being realistic! Some of you lot need to realise aswell, that there is a long way to go before we're on the same grounds as the top 2!

Biggest mistake was: His outburst to Fergie! FACT!
L.F.C. - WITH PRIDE