Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 27th and 28th JAN.  (Read 52882 times)

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
Re: Premier League fixtures 27th and 28th JAN.
« Reply #640 on: January 27, 2009, 10:41:13 pm »
Mourinho? Come off it mate - he's a complete c*nt.

Anything that Liverpool ever was would be fucked with that twat in charge.

We'd be the laughing stock of the world - He is one grade A shithouse.

I see people saying this.

But never any explanation.

Why exactly would our club go down the drain with Mourinho as our manager teh day Rafa quits?
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: January 27, 2009, 10:41:38 pm »
i'm not writting anyone off...i'm saying our season is dependent on two games. Games we haven't played yet. Games which we can still win. So unless you think we've already lost i don't see why you're getting so worked up.

My analysis puts our title chances in our hands. We beat them and we will probably win. We lose, and you have to hope the likes of spurs and everton beat them.

Hardly the way champions think is it ?

Take some of your own advise son...and get a grip before you respond.

lol seriously am i the only one in here who thinks this is absolute bollocks and a complete contradiction

ive got a grip and said our season depends on 16 more games or until its mathematically impossible/unreasonable for us to win the league until that day i will carry on believe we can do it
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: January 27, 2009, 10:41:45 pm »
We have dropped far too many silly points at home, nobody can deny it. The turds are now 3 points clear & to be honest, they will take some reigning in if that gap gets any bigger.

It's hard not to feel like the chance has been lost, but it could also still turn back around. I can't understand why people are slagging each other off for thinking either way.

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #643 on: January 27, 2009, 10:41:59 pm »
At the time, Mourinho.  I'll probably get jumped on for that, but there you go.

You don't like me, but ditto. I'm glad we got Rafa as it meant Istanbul. But I don't care what anyone says, with the same funds Rafa has spent we'd have mounted a title challenge in most the last 5 years and imo also won it at least once.

We're at 5 years now what Martin O'Neill has done in 2. Which leads me to believe he also would have had us challenging and challenging well by the 3rd season.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:43:34 pm by Football CRAZY »

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #644 on: January 27, 2009, 10:43:08 pm »
Everyone would have taken it. But its the only when you see how its unfolded that makes it unsatisfying.

I know mate. I know exactly what you mean, and the truth is we all feel that way.

We have failed to find the higher gear.

How this season ends will be decided by the answer to the question --- do we have that gear, and can we hit it? And we'll know the answer to that very soon.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #645 on: January 27, 2009, 10:43:18 pm »
I'd rather they disband the club than get someone like O'Neill or Mourhinho in.

From everything I have heard about Shankly, from all the stories and quotes I hear. He was a tad outspoken. He put fear into other clubs. We lived off that for years. Paisley, Fagan and to a lesser extent King Kenny, all got the success because of the fear Shankly put into others. From Evans onwards we have lost that fear, our managers are too nice. So when Rafa speaks out....Not one person is scared to knock him for it. They wouldn't knock Ferguson for those comments.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: January 27, 2009, 10:44:48 pm »
United doing what we couldn't and extending the lead...

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #647 on: January 27, 2009, 10:45:02 pm »
You don't like me, but ditto.
I've never once said I don't like you. I've disagreed with you in the past and probably more than likely do the same in the future. But doesn't mean I don't like you. Even if you are a twat sometimes.  :P

Offline KTS

• Loves the mods so very much, especially on RAWK
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: January 27, 2009, 10:45:12 pm »
Mourinho? Come off it mate - he's a complete c*nt.

Anything that Liverpool ever was would be fucked with that twat in charge.

We'd be the laughing stock of the world - He is one grade A shithouse.

No, we all loved him for his dance down OT for Porto. At the start he was a breathe of fresh air in the Prem, granted at the start he started to cross a few lines, but what successful manager hasn't in the past ?

Simple fact is Mourinho has the cv, like it or not.
Has no opinion as it is normally wrong.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #649 on: January 27, 2009, 10:45:39 pm »
Does anyone in here seriously think i dont give a f*ck? Does anyone in here seriously think that i want us to fail?

You know what kills me? Seeing Ferguson with his little wink and smile to the OT crowd, seeing his happy clappy seal routine after every goal, watching his withered face chewing away on that gum knowing that he's got everyone where he wants them.

Well it F88ken kills me (sorry for swearing Lord), it cuts me to the bone, it carves me up, it makes me ill and turns me into an insomniac while peeing off the wife. And i cant help it because the thought of them eclipsing us sticks in the gut and theres not a damn thing i can do about it bar shout at the game and thats it, the rest is in the hands of the eleven redmen that cross the touchline and the manager who sets us up.

It upsets me that the times of glory and enjoyment when growing up that i thought were a given are evaporating in front of my eyes in a vile, corrupt greedy game, but nevertheless the same league we all watched growing up even though it feels galaxies apart.

If we win the league ill weep like a baby and it will be the massive slide of pressure falling off my shoulders knowing that Ferguson has still to win three leagues to eclipse us which seems even a bridge to far for him. His goal is very near.

I feel your pain .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: January 27, 2009, 10:46:48 pm »
From everything I have heard about Shankly, from all the stories and quotes I hear. He was a tad outspoken. He put fear into other clubs. We lived off that for years. Paisley, Fagan and to a lesser extent King Kenny, all got the success because of the fear Shankly put into others. From Evans onwards we have lost that fear, our managers are too nice. So when Rafa speaks out....Not one person is scared to knock him for it. They wouldn't knock Ferguson for those comments.

Then get Sammy to do press conferences from time to time.  A man schooled in the art of hard knocks.
If Rafa was ever to leave, I would have no hesitation in embracing Sammy Lee as manager.  That's how much respect I have for our number 2.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #651 on: January 27, 2009, 10:47:29 pm »
We need Joe Kinnear then  ;D

Anyways Rafa is our Manager now

You may hate him but he will definitely be our manager till the end of the season.

Lets get behind the team and Rafa, Lets get the 19th and the 6th.

Come on Liverpool
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: January 27, 2009, 10:48:56 pm »
I agree, Greavsie.

The problem is that you get lumped in one group or another. I think this is the first week that I've been pissed off with this season, and it's just because it's suddenly dawned on me that we're throwing away chance after chance to do something this season. But just because I feel that way doesn't mean that I'm suddenly ultra-negative about everything, I just believe that what we're seeing now is Man Utd top of the league and about to hit their stride, while at the same time we don't seem to be able to buy a win.

Can anyone honestly blame others for getting downbeat about it? Honestly? Look at what the last 19 years have proven before jumping on anyone who wants to say we've thrown it away. Every season we fail to beat sides at Anfield who come for a draw, and every season we look back and say "if only we'd beaten [insert shite side] at home" while the mancs and chelsea battle away for the title.

I'm not saying that the doom merchants are all correct, and I'm not saying that the uber-fans are all wrong, I'm saying that you can't possibly blame people for suddenly thinking that it's just not going to happen. It's what we've come to expect after all.

I wanted a title challenge this year, and a trophy of some sort would be nice, and at the moment we're on track for that, but it's pretty fucking hard not to be disappointed when you see your rivals pulling away when you've had the chances to do so yourself.
Whilst I understand Brads frustration and positive thoughts about enjoying the ride, I think this is a fantastic post theredworm. If I could convince myself the ride was worth the emotional entry fee because it will be prolonged with more good twists than bad, I'd be fine. But some how I feel the ride will have constituted an exciting peak only to come over the top into some disappointing muddy water and we all feel soggy as fuck eventually. I'll be here at the end of the season waving my hand high if I'm wrong, and I hope to fuck I am wrong.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #653 on: January 27, 2009, 10:49:49 pm »
Then get Sammy to do press conferences from time to time.  A man schooled in the art of hard knocks.
If Rafa was ever to leave, I would have no hesitation in embracing Sammy Lee as manager.  That's how much respect I have for our number 2.

Sammy is a number 2, nothing more nothing less. It isn't about press conference. No one is scared of our club anymore.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #654 on: January 27, 2009, 10:49:53 pm »
How much of a tatician is Sammy Lee?
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: January 27, 2009, 10:51:19 pm »
I feel your pain .

Same here. And the thing that drives me crazy is that we could avoid this and we had the chance to really put some distance between us and them but we failed to. Miserably.

3 league wins in the last 9, 3 league wins in 2 months... And you still have people on these threads giving it the Superfan bullshit, refsuing to admit there is somthing not quite right with our team/manager at the moment.

United might reach number 18 this season and it will be our fault for this terrible run we've had lately.

Sometimes I dont feel the manager cares enough about winning. When I see how cautious he can be at home against the likes of Hull, the sheer mind boggling resting of Alonso against Fulham, the suicidal team selection against Stoke, the refusal to change things when we need a goal... I dont know, maybe if he wanted this title as badly as we did, we would be caosting by now.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: January 27, 2009, 10:51:54 pm »
How much of a tatician is Sammy Lee?
He's not. He's a Ronnie Moran or a Roy Evans who were both vital in the old bootroom, but not managerial material.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: January 27, 2009, 10:52:06 pm »
Does anyone in here seriously think i dont give a f*ck? Does anyone in here seriously think that i want us to fail?

You know what kills me? Seeing Ferguson with his little wink and smile to the OT crowd, seeing his happy clappy seal routine after every goal, watching his withered face chewing away on that gum knowing that he's got everyone where he wants them.

Well it F88ken kills me (sorry for swearing Lord), it cuts me to the bone, it carves me up, it makes me ill and turns me into an insomniac while peeing off the wife. And i cant help it because the thought of them eclipsing us sticks in the gut and theres not a damn thing i can do about it bar shout at the game and thats it, the rest is in the hands of the eleven redmen that cross the touchline and the manager who sets us up.

It upsets me that the times of glory and enjoyment when growing up that i thought were a given are evaporating in front of my eyes in a vile, corrupt greedy game, but nevertheless the same league we all watched growing up even though it feels galaxies apart.

If we win the league ill weep like a baby and it will be the massive slide of pressure falling off my shoulders knowing that Ferguson has still to win three leagues to eclipse us which seems even a bridge to far for him. His goal is very near.

I have a problem thinking of anything else at the moment.  I'm so disappointed with the team in the last month, albeit dead proud of them prior to that. 
As for the FA and the refereeing henchmen thereof, rest assured that you are not alone and that someone gives a fuck.  That person may only be me, but I'm going to bug the fuck out of the FA, Lord Triestmen, journalists, magazines and anyone who cares to listen and I'm going to do so until there is a someone with real power who takes up the cause and cleans the FA from head to toe.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: January 27, 2009, 10:55:35 pm »

3 league wins in the last 9, 3 league wins in 2 months... And you still have people on these threads giving it the Superfan bullshit, refsuing to admit there is somthing not quite right with our team/manager at the moment.

Who is saying that then? Maybe some just rather push on from where we are now, rather than look back and think shit wish we just showed that bit more hope. We could debate all day long where we have messed up this season and could have done better, but why be negative about everything? There is already enough people out there to do that for us, it's depressing. As a person I can be very negative at times, believe me, it gets boring doing that all the time  ;)

Offline thredworm

• Makes mods cry.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Stop ze cock jokes!"
  • Super Title: Might be a bit thick if trying to agitate mods.
« Reply #659 on: January 27, 2009, 10:55:47 pm »
From everything I have heard about Shankly, from all the stories and quotes I hear. He was a tad outspoken. He put fear into other clubs.

See, that's the weird thing. Shankly was a c*nt, an absolute wanker, but in the best way anyone can possibly imagine. He was perfect because he loved the city and he loved the fans more than anything, and he wouldn't let anyone fuck us over, and he wouldn't let anyone get in the way of what he wanted to achieve.

Mourinho has SOME of those qualities, but not all by any stretch of the imagination. But anyway, you get people saying they want the manager to be 'the Liverpool way' and stand for what the club stands for, but at the same time they wouldn't want anyone in charge who wants to fucking win at all costs, which in itself is the Liverpool way.

You're never going to find the perfect manager in this day and age, not ever. After Ferguson has gone the mancs will realise this too. For what it's worth I think Rafa comes pretty fucking close and I'll be delighted when he signs a new deal to stay here.
"We were looking for them to suffer from the very first minute, and they have suffered until the 90th minute."
Rafa Benitez on Real Madrid, 10th March 2009. Liverpool 4 - 0 Real Madrid

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: January 27, 2009, 10:56:12 pm »
He's not. He's a Ronnie Moran or a Roy Evans who were both vital in the old bootroom, but not managerial material.

Don't forget the lowly beginnings of Shankly, the inconspicuous beginnings of Mourinho as a number 2, the silent job that Joe Fagan did behind Paisley.
I've got high hopes for our Sammy.

Offline KTS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: January 27, 2009, 10:56:23 pm »

Sometimes I dont feel the manager cares enough about winning. When I see how cautious he can be at home against the likes of Hull, the sheer mind boggling resting of Alonso against Fulham, the suicidal team selection against Stoke, the refusal to change things when we need a goal... I dont know, maybe if he wanted this title as badly as we did, we would be caosting by now.

When United were drawing at Stoke and Bolton, with 30 minutes left they went hell for leather and got the results. Rafa leaves it to late or brings on Babel for Riera no matter what.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #662 on: January 27, 2009, 10:58:15 pm »
it's obviously hard, we're up against a team that can spend 30m odd on a single player so we're never going to be favourites

And this is true, so we spend virtually our entire season budget on Keane.  This is seriously baffling to me.

I am probably one of the biggest Rafa backers on this site.. its well known, don't need to justify the statement.

That decision was the most baffling to me in his 5 years. No point going on, its done, the guy is average at the most, never gonna fit our way of playing, not our style etc etc.  Plus with wages, 40 million squid in 5 years for a plkayer age 32 at the end of his contract. I( couldn't get it, and now I'm really angry at the misjudgement that was.  Really angry.  Frankly I hate the owners more than most, but they'd have a right to see their  (oops spot the mistake) dosh wasted like that.  Balls, I hate the waste of serious money, our Cantona?  Ha ha.

Anyway.. rant aside, what I want to ask, is why have we seen the gap between ourselves and the filthy Mancs grow wider since 2005?

Its a serious question.

I recall in 2005 we were leagues away from them;  then in 2006, and especially at the time we beat them in the Cup, we were all pontificating how we'd reached their level... and could overtake them in the next year or two??

Well, optimistic as I am, (I've been harangued often on here for my idealistic shite).. it is blatantly apparent that we will be a long way behind the fuckers in May. And worse, for ages we were on their heels... its going to be even more sour this year.

But why are we further behind (correction... WILL be further behind in May than ever)??  Really?

What have they done to increase the gap? Is it Berbatov? Is Ferguson a better manager?

Or are we worse than before, and if so, why?

I'm needing answers, and thats why I ask the questions.

I don't want hammered for my pessimism, but we will not catch them now; we will not win at the Toilet; and anyone who thinks thats not realistic is not being true to whats going on.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: January 27, 2009, 10:58:42 pm »
I am going to make a stand here....I want a c*nt as a manager. Should Rafa end up walking I want us to get an absolute c*nt in. We cannot have it both ways, we cannot have someone who will do things 'The Liverpool Way' and expect to win the league. We need someone who will scare the opposition, officials and FA. Ferguson and Mourinho are c*nts. They are fucking successful c*nts though.
And Rafa can be a c*nt also Brad, he's certainly prepared to stand his ground to take anyone on and is absolutely ruthless which is essential. Imo, he just needs to reflect a bit more. He makes mistakes and repeats them and it appears his lengthy technical analysis doesn't always work. Perhaps basic on the field one touch football training may help. I don't want to appear to be a smart arse here but the evidence is on display each week.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #664 on: January 27, 2009, 10:59:20 pm »
I have a problem thinking of anything else at the moment.  I'm so disappointed with the team in the last month, albeit dead proud of them prior to that. 
As for the FA and the refereeing henchmen thereof, rest assured that you are not alone and that someone gives a fuck.  That person may only be me, but I'm going to bug the fuck out of the FA, Lord Triestmen, journalists, magazines and anyone who cares to listen and I'm going to do so until there is a someone with real power who takes up the cause and cleans the FA from head to toe.

Well good luck mate. I do feel there is an agenda there as good as united undoubtedly are, theres a fear factor and we know this because he has massive influence on refs making the big games which of course is what they all want.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: January 27, 2009, 11:00:13 pm »

Don't forget the lowly beginnings of Shankly, the inconspicuous beginnings of Mourinho as a number 2, the silent job that Joe Fagan did behind Paisley.
I've got high hopes for our Sammy.
I love Sammy and like I said people like him are vital to a club like ours. I just think to be a manager you have to have a bit of a ruthless streak and Sammy seemed to lack that when he was in charge at Bolton.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: January 27, 2009, 11:03:39 pm »
I don't want hammered for my pessimism, but we will not catch them now; we will not win at the Toilet; and anyone who thinks thats not realistic is not being true to whats going on.

But we might not need to? We might get lucky, or even draw? Nobody knows what is going to happen for sure, so I say lets get behind them, be optimistic. Believe, then see what the outcome is come the end of the season. Analise everything then?

Surely the season end is the best time to conclude?

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #667 on: January 27, 2009, 11:04:27 pm »
I love Sammy and like I said people like him are vital to a club like ours. I just think to be a manager you have to have a bit of a ruthless streak and Sammy seemed to lack that when he was in charge at Bolton.

plus he wore one of them headsets which if you ask me is apalling behaviour ;)
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #668 on: January 27, 2009, 11:04:38 pm »
And this is true, so we spend virtually our entire season budget on Keane.  This is seriously baffling to me.

I am probably one of the biggest Rafa backers on this site.. its well known, don't need to justify the statement.

That decision was the most baffling to me in his 5 years. No point going on, its done, the guy is average at the most, never gonna fit our way of playing, not our style etc etc.  Plus with wages, 40 million squid in 5 years for a plkayer age 32 at the end of his contract. I( couldn't get it, and now I'm really angry at the misjudgement that was.  Really angry.  Frankly I hate the owners more than most, but they'd have a right to see their  (oops spot the mistake) dosh wasted like that.  Balls, I hate the waste of serious money, our Cantona?  Ha ha.

Anyway.. rant aside, what I want to ask, is why have we seen the gap between ourselves and the filthy Mancs grow wider since 2005?

Its a serious question.

I recall in 2005 we were leagues away from them;  then in 2006, and especially at the time we beat them in the Cup, we were all pontificating how we'd reached their level... and could overtake them in the next year or two??

Well, optimistic as I am, (I've been harangued often on here for my idealistic shite).. it is blatantly apparent that we will be a long way behind the fuckers in May. And worse, for ages we were on their heels... its going to be even more sour this year.

But why are we further behind (correction... WILL be further behind in May than ever)??  Really?

What have they done to increase the gap? Is it Berbatov? Is Ferguson a better manager?

Or are we worse than before, and if so, why?

I'm needing answers, and thats why I ask the questions.

Your right to ask.

I like Rafa, always liked him but i always feels he falls short because he doesnt have the striking balance of technical/man management/motivation. Ferguson has the man management, motivation and budget as well as his rep.

Analysing stats can only take you so far, players are only human as is the manager. When you need that extra 10 percent do you show the players a chart or tell them to get out there and play the game of their lives?

thats where i feel rafa falls short, for some reason he doesnt grasp what this league is about, its simple blood and thunder who can outscore the other, its not tactical battle except maybe against some of the bigger boys. It should be a case of the players being sent out believing that they have the tools to take anyone to task and if not run them all the way to the wire.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline thredworm

• Makes mods cry.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Stop ze cock jokes!"
  • Super Title: Might be a bit thick if trying to agitate mods.
« Reply #669 on: January 27, 2009, 11:05:02 pm »
Lawrenson thinks we'll win tomorrow.

Now we're absolutely fucked.
"We were looking for them to suffer from the very first minute, and they have suffered until the 90th minute."
Rafa Benitez on Real Madrid, 10th March 2009. Liverpool 4 - 0 Real Madrid

Offline Luigi Cannelloni

• Main Stander
« Reply #670 on: January 27, 2009, 11:05:06 pm »
[quote author=KTS link=topic=236088.msg5310336#msg5310336 date=1233093643

Under Rafa there is no reward for playing well, under Rafa there is no penalty for poor performances. Under Rafa we are cautious and unless teams open up against us we struggle. I am convinced that as soon as one match kicks off he's picking his team for the next one.

Babel for Riera between 60-75 minutes tomorrow anyone ?

And this my friend is one of the serious flaws of a technically gifted coach lacking in man management.

No reward for form, no arm around the shoulder when needed. No incentive to do well.

All these factors are VITAL in a football team and cannot be judged through statistics and computer data.

Its what seperates the winners from the losers.

Indeed, for all of rafa's footballing brain he lacks the necessary and simple side of the game - get yer players to enjoy themselves, feel good about themselves and invariably play well, score and win. Lol it ain't rocket science. I can't believe with the wealth of talent in the club we make scoring a first goal at home akin to climbing mount everest and even worse, scoring a second goal is akin to then climbing k2!

Offline KTS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: January 27, 2009, 11:06:31 pm »
All things considered and posted tonight, if we dont win at Wigan its going to get worse.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #672 on: January 27, 2009, 11:07:41 pm »
All things considered and posted tonight, if we dont win at Wigan its going to get worse.

we wont and yes it will

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: January 27, 2009, 11:08:28 pm »
we wont and yes it will

Positive thinking. I like it. Let's hope the players have the same spirit.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: January 27, 2009, 11:08:56 pm »
plus he wore one of them headsets which if you ask me is apalling behaviour ;)
  :D

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #675 on: January 27, 2009, 11:09:49 pm »
Positive thinking. I like it. Let's hope the players have the same spirit.

will it make any difference to the outcome of the game if i really did believe we will win ? ?
No. Its an opinion . That is all. I really fuckin HOPE im wrong tho.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #676 on: January 27, 2009, 11:09:51 pm »

that's football for you
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #677 on: January 27, 2009, 11:09:58 pm »
But we might not need to? We might get lucky, or even draw? Nobody knows what is going to happen for sure, so I say lets get behind them, be optimistic. Believe, then see what the outcome is come the end of the season. Analise everything then?

Surely the season end is the best time to conclude?

Fucking hell mate, I've been over the top these past three years.... hoping even in April that we'd catch up 15 points.

Yet this year, I feel worse.  I see all the positive lads, and well played, but honestly I'm fucking gutted how its turning out.  Maybe its the 'false' optimism we've been given... and now the bastards are gonna laugh at us all the way til May.

I'm fucking scunnered and that's the truth of it. If only we'd spent sensibly this one preseason. If only we'd gone for the Torres equivalent of 2007.   

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: January 27, 2009, 11:10:21 pm »
will it make any difference to the outcome of the game if i really did believe we will win ? ?
No. Its an opinion . That is all. I really fuckin HOPE im wrong tho.

If you're not going to the game, then no. Thank heavens.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: January 27, 2009, 11:11:52 pm »
Fucking hell mate, I've been over the top these past three years.... hoping even in April that we'd catch up 15 points.

Yet this year, I feel worse.  I see all the positive lads, and well played, but honestly I'm fucking gutted how its turning out.  Maybe its the 'false' optimism we've been given... and now the bastards are gonna laugh at us all the way til May.

I'm fucking scunnered and that's the truth of it. If only we'd spent sensibly this one preseason. If only we'd gone for the Torres equivalent of 2007.   
Do you mind not swearing in front of my wife?   ;)