Author Topic: Everton 0-2 Liverpool, Post Match Chat  (Read 86335 times)

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Everton 0-2 Liverpool, Post Match Chat
« Reply #800 on: September 28, 2008, 11:16:34 am »
Point taken...

Although Pepe didn't have a single save to make all game.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #801 on: September 28, 2008, 11:50:06 am »
Just watching goals on Sunday and Don Hutchinson is on.

Talking about Cahill's red - Hutchinson said that Alonso didn't help matters by staying down....
What an arse

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #802 on: September 28, 2008, 11:54:40 am »
I did go to the match, absolutely loved it, got pissed in the Albert and town afterwards BUT didn't think Kuyt or Dossena were particularly great. Riera too went out of the game as it went on after a bright start.

I don't work on the basis, "we won so everyone was great or we lost so everyone was shit".

I repeat, Kuyt worked hard, kept possession reasonably well but when he got the chance to produce a quality telling final ball or cross it did not come.

He did get involved in the first goal by occupying their defender with a decent near post run that allowed Torres to run in behind but I'm sorry he was not great.

Dossena too was very nervy early doors. Keane had his best game without ever being a goal threat and Skrtel too was superb.

Alonso/Gerrard/Carra excellent also. Nando was a menace and won us the game.

The same problems remain in the team though, if it's not Gerrard or Torres scoring then who is it.

Chelsea broke the deadlock at Stoke with their right back, Deco did it at Wigan, Joe Cole v Pompey etc.

We draw 0-0 regularly because nobody else (Kuyt included as he is a regular starter inn the front 4) ever makes the difference.

I never like singling out individuals players - because it's the team and only the team that matters. Whether the team work hard and provide a base for an individual to shine to whether they work hard and grind a result out.

But. For those saying that Kuyt didn't offer anything up front - for the first goal as you fairly admit - it was due to his run that Lescott was pulled out of position giving Torres an easier chance than if he'd been marshalled. He also contributed to the second goal by getting into the box - and the tackle that resulted led to Torres having another chance. He also banged a goal in (That was rightly ruled out because the ball had gone out of play) and Dossena provided a cracking cross for Torres to finish (Which was ridiculously disallowed)

I just can't get my head around anyone not being happy that our TEAM played as a TEAM for 90 minutes as all the individuals in that team all contributed equally. For you not to give any credit to one of those members despite being potentially directly involved in 3 goals and for 1 that laid on another one.

Well. I really have no idea what to say about that. There is objectivity - but after we've mullered Everton - strolling past them for the first time in as long as I remember going to the match - well. What can you say? We dismantled them, dominated them and strolled past them. The team is unbeaten. Without the ref last week stealing 3 points we'd be top of the league and looking pretty good - and still you're not happy.

I suspect you probably never will be if yesterday didn't make you so.

We've tonked Manchester United and we've tonked Everton away and we've played both off the park.

Well. I'm pretty happy.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #803 on: September 28, 2008, 11:55:31 am »
So Carra didn't block a shot on target, I imagined that?

He didn't block a shot on target because it wasn't a shot as the whistle had already gone for a foul.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #804 on: September 28, 2008, 11:56:38 am »
personally, i think cahill would have got a 2nd yellow anyway?

he didnt help by not seing the ref....

gutted fernando's goal was disallowed....because that finish was damn good. finding range are our two juggernauts (gerrard and torres). when keane starts his goal rush....we'll be in top gear.

pleased arsenal lost. very pleased. i'd like to see the title being between us and chelsea.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #805 on: September 28, 2008, 11:57:34 am »
Who gives a flying shite about what the pundits say today?

We won comfortably against the bitter shower, we're only being kept off top spot on goal difference and they're whinging about the ref?

In recent years when does life honestly get much better than that?
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #806 on: September 28, 2008, 11:58:27 am »

I never like singling out individuals players - because it's the team and only the team that matters. Whether the team work hard and provide a base for an individual to shine to whether they work hard and grind a result out.

But. For those saying that Kuyt didn't offer anything up front - for the first goal as you fairly admit - it was due to his run that Lescott was pulled out of position giving Torres an easier chance than if he'd been marshalled. He also contributed to the second goal by getting into the box - and the tackle that resulted led to Torres having another chance. He also banged a goal in (That was rightly ruled out because the ball had gone out of play) and Dossena provided a cracking cross for Torres to finish (Which was ridiculously disallowed)

I just can't get my head around anyone not being happy that our TEAM played as a TEAM for 90 minutes as all the individuals in that team all contributed equally. For you not to give any credit to one of those members despite being potentially directly involved in 3 goals and for 1 that laid on another one.

Well. I really have no idea what to say about that. There is objectivity - but after we've mullered Everton - strolling past them for the first time in as long as I remember going to the match - well. What can you say? We dismantled them, dominated them and strolled past them. The team is unbeaten. Without the ref last week stealing 3 points we'd be top of the league and looking pretty good - and still you're not happy.

We've tonked Manchester United and we've tonked Everton away and we've played both off the park.

Well. I'm pretty happy.

i agree, kuyt did a good job for both goals really....even though the 2nd was a dodgy shot.

we're a waaay better team than we've ever been. very impressive team display today.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #807 on: September 28, 2008, 11:59:44 am »
Who gives a flying shite about what the pundits say today?

We won comfortably against the bitter shower, we're only being kept off top spot on goal difference and they're whinging about the ref?

In recent years when does life honestly get much better than that?

I don't care, just pointing out its a strange thing to say.
I'm very happy and looking forward to seeing a few glum faces in work on Monday

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #808 on: September 28, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »

Without the ref last week stealing 3 points we'd be top of the league and looking pretty good - and still you're not happy.

Well. I'm pretty happy.
Read my first line above. "I LOVED IT".

However, we can always be better. We did not have a shot on goal in the first half despite dominating possession.

We have already had 2 goal-less draws in 6 league games, both winnable matches. It will be such points dropped that stop us winning the title.

It's ok after we win the Derby saying everything is great but when we draw another 3 games 0-0 before Christmas and certain players (I'll be kind) are not making the difference and bailing us out then their lack of a cutting edge will harm us.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #809 on: September 28, 2008, 12:11:04 pm »

Maybe the fact that cahill didn't attempt to play the ball and is a cynical little c*nt with no regard for his fellow professionals is the reason he ended up with a red card.

Just a thought..
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: September 28, 2008, 12:14:29 pm »
Most positive thing was how we went to finish the game off after getting the first and not just trying to hold on the 1-0 lead....

Never ceases to amaze me the drivel on here btw when people can't be happy with a victory :wave

Offline Jockies Car

• RAOTL TWAOTL
  • Kopite
« Reply #811 on: September 28, 2008, 12:16:01 pm »
Cahill 100% deserved that Red. It was the only decision Riley got right, he was gonna give him a yellow for the challenge, convinced of that, it was the fact that he called him over to him twice, as Cahill was walking away from him (a la Ashley Cole) and refused to come back to receive the card, Riley gave him 30 seconds to come back, which he didnt and correctly sent the c*nt off.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #812 on: September 28, 2008, 12:16:03 pm »
7 points from United, Stoke and Blue away. I'll take that every fucking day.

I am with you on that big daddy!!! Oh yes...!!!!!
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #813 on: September 28, 2008, 12:17:19 pm »
Everton were never in it..we dominated them and they never really were a threat. This is a PISS POOR Everton side.

And I don't think anyone can deny the fact, they are officially, a small club.

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #814 on: September 28, 2008, 12:17:31 pm »
Maybe the fact that cahill didn't attempt to play the ball and is a cynical little c*nt with no regard for his fellow professionals is the reason he ended up with a red card.

Just a thought..

seconded

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #815 on: September 28, 2008, 12:22:28 pm »
MOTD made me laugh, Hansen said Arbeloa's challange on Cahill was worse than Cahills on Alonso.

Watching the game I thought Cahills tackle should have been a yellow, so he would have gone anyway, but watching the tackle over, Cahil's feet where studs up, placed in front and behind alonso's leg, got no where near the ball.
If Alonso's leg didn't follow the awkward angle his body took it, he could have easily broke his leg.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: September 28, 2008, 12:31:37 pm »
Cahill was chucked off for disrespect as well as the tackle. He was a cock.
Yep.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: September 28, 2008, 12:32:12 pm »
MOTD made me laugh, Hansen said Arbeloa's challange on Cahill was worse than Cahills on Alonso.

Watching the game I thought Cahills tackle should have been a yellow, so he would have gone anyway, but watching the tackle over, Cahil's feet where studs up, placed in front and behind alonso's leg, got no where near the ball.
If Alonso's leg didn't follow the awkward angle his body took it, he could have easily broke his leg.
What about Cahill putting his hand in Arbeloa's face after that tackle? That could have been a yellow for him too. He's a nasty little bastard and is honestly one of my most disliked players in football

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: September 28, 2008, 12:35:56 pm »
Cahill was chucked off for disrespect as well as the tackle. He was a cock.
Agreed. Had he acknowledged he'd caught him i think he'd have got a yellow.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: September 28, 2008, 12:40:24 pm »
Everton were never in it..we dominated them and they never really were a threat. This is a PISS POOR Everton side.

And I don't think anyone can deny the fact, they are officially, a small club.

Thats the point though, they are not poor. They will finish the season in the top 7-8, which is ok. We just made them look piss poor.

It was like when we played Man City away last year. City were a decent team but we just abused them on that day. We are capable of it every time we step out on to the field and now a days it looks like we will rise to the occasion against the good teams this league has to offer.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: September 28, 2008, 12:48:14 pm »
We totally dominated...suffocated Everton totally. Glimpses of how Valencia played under Rafa.

Gerrard I thought was superbly disciplined in his CM role. Him and Alonso totally dominated. Movement of Keane and Kuyt was excellent.

I really wanna see Babel get into the team but am not sure exactly where at the moment. I think when Javier comes back our best team will be with Gerrard on the right and leaving Kuyt out (assuming Rafa won't drop the 20mn irish man).

However what is clear is that Benitez now has a LOT of options available for him for games - and will use those options depending on the opposition, tiredness etc.

Offline Standard4ever

• Main Stander
« Reply #821 on: September 28, 2008, 01:19:41 pm »
Liege will crash them. They won this weekend against their biggest rivals Anderlecht with 2-1, a goal in the last minute. http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=KaQ7YmrTOfM This is before the match. You have to look around minute 2:00 !

And summary: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=u-MjIHb67tY

We gonna eat some Toffees !
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 01:40:32 pm by Standard4ever »

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: September 28, 2008, 01:21:48 pm »
We totally dominated...suffocated Everton totally. Glimpses of how Valencia played under Rafa.

Gerrard I thought was superbly disciplined in his CM role. Him and Alonso totally dominated. Movement of Keane and Kuyt was excellent.

I really wanna see Babel get into the team but am not sure exactly where at the moment. I think when Javier comes back our best team will be with Gerrard on the right and leaving Kuyt out (assuming Rafa won't drop the 20mn irish man).

However what is clear is that Benitez now has a LOT of options available for him for games - and will use those options depending on the opposition, tiredness etc.
What is clear is that we are less one-dimensional now. We can attack from both flanks and through the middle. When Keane gets his scoring boots on, there is no stopping the Liverpool express

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #823 on: September 28, 2008, 01:24:46 pm »
Couldn't even fill the stadium during their fucking cup final!

Peoples club my arse.  :wanker

Was there problems on the A55 or the M53? 

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: September 28, 2008, 01:25:53 pm »
Liege will crash them. They won this weekend against their biggest rivals Anderlecht with 2-1, a goal in the last minute. http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=KaQ7YmrTOfM This is before the match.

And summary: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=u-MjIHb67tY

We gonna eat some Toffees !

good luck. hope you go at them. they really are piss poor at the moment
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: September 28, 2008, 01:27:23 pm »
Please don't turn this into a Blueshite bashing thread. We've always known they're inferior to us so why stoop so low

Offline Cloggs

• Legacy Fan
  • TAFKAAS
« Reply #826 on: September 28, 2008, 02:08:53 pm »
I think Kuyt was more positive today than I've seen for ages, looking to pass forward or beat a man. He played a part in both goals too, and nearly had one of his own. The amount criticism he gets is slowly diminishing - but I suppose there will always be a classic miscontrol (like at the end today) thrown in too.

Funny that. The amount of critics seems to be diminishing yet I'm starting to turn into one after defending him for as long as he's been criticised...

He was involved for the goals alright. For the first he got out of the way which is what he does most of the time except now it actually worked out for us. For the second one he for the 100th time this season wasted a chance by being too slow on the ball and needing too many touches but this time the ball happened to fall in front of Torres's feet - a man who doesn't need to think twelve times before shooting at goal.

There is no denying Kuijt is a hard worker but that's all there is too him. His crossing is pot luck. He never actually watches where he plays the ball he just crosses it. And what is even more baffling, he tends to hold it when he should cross instantly and cross instantly when there is no one in front of goal! Some serious lack of vision going on there.

Now I'd like for him to stay at the club but we seriously need to bring someone better in for that position in January. Riera is doing ok so the right is where our focus should be and not with another centre half from Brazil to drive Agger out of the club.

Offline heather123

• not in the clique... and won't be if she keeps moaning...
  • Kopite
« Reply #827 on: September 28, 2008, 02:16:27 pm »
Just watching goals on Sunday and Don Hutchinson is on.

Talking about Cahill's red - Hutchinson said that Alonso didn't help matters by staying down....
What an arse

I don't think he meant it like that to be honest. 

Offline Cloggs

• Legacy Fan
  • TAFKAAS
« Reply #828 on: September 28, 2008, 02:16:55 pm »
Wasn't it Chelsea that went 17 years without losing to Spurs? I'd love it to be that long!

Probably because they weren't in the same league for 15 of them :-)

Offline heather123

• not in the clique... and won't be if she keeps moaning...
  • Kopite
« Reply #829 on: September 28, 2008, 02:17:45 pm »
Cahill 100% deserved that Red. It was the only decision Riley got right, he was gonna give him a yellow for the challenge, convinced of that, it was the fact that he called him over to him twice, as Cahill was walking away from him (a la Ashley Cole) and refused to come back to receive the card, Riley gave him 30 seconds to come back, which he didnt and correctly sent the c*nt off.

He should have been yellow carded for his retaliation on Arbeloa anyway.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: September 28, 2008, 02:22:27 pm »
Cahill was chucked off for disrespect as well as the tackle. He was is a cock.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline therockbox

• Legacy Fan
  • Funklord
« Reply #831 on: September 28, 2008, 02:26:03 pm »
He was involved for the goals alright. For the first he got out of the way which is what he does most of the time except now it actually worked out for us. For the second one he for the 100th time this season wasted a chance by being too slow on the ball and needing too many touches but this time the ball happened to fall in front of Torres's feet
Quite clearly a load of bollocks.  The first goal had nothing to do with him getting out of the way, it was one of our strikers doing what we've sorely missed throughout this season - intelligent movement in the box to drag a defender out of position.  The second goal as well only came about because of a good tackle by Jagielka.  Look at the space Kuyt was in (I'll give you a clue: he had none) and then look at Torres when he got the ball.  And again, it was good movement and interplay between Kuyt and Keane that resulted in us getting into the box in the first place.

Your point about Agger being forced out of the club is laughable as well.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #832 on: September 28, 2008, 02:28:08 pm »
Didn't Haman get sent off at Anfield against the blues for a two footed tackle that didn't make contact

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: September 28, 2008, 02:30:53 pm »
 Probably been said but Gerrard and Alonso's perfermance in the centre yesterday was the best I've seen them play together, they were fantastic

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: September 28, 2008, 02:32:46 pm »
Didn't Haman get sent off at Anfield against the blues for a two footed tackle that didn't make contact

that was against sunderland wasnt it?
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: September 28, 2008, 02:38:53 pm »

Against Sunderland, Robbie's first last game.

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #836 on: September 28, 2008, 02:50:14 pm »
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #837 on: September 28, 2008, 02:53:26 pm »
Against Sunderland, Robbie's first last game.

ah the addled memory fails me again! cheers

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #838 on: September 28, 2008, 02:54:33 pm »
So Carra didn't block a shot on target, I imagined that?

Was thinking that myself, Carra wasn't standing on the line to keep out Fellaini then...we must have both imagined that.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: September 28, 2008, 02:56:46 pm »
Was thinking that myself, Carra wasn't standing on the line to keep out Fellaini then...we must have both imagined that.

The Whistle had allready gone though.
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo