Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4042573 times)

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #15480 on: July 22, 2011, 12:34:41 pm »
And the backing track for that jingle was 'do it any way you wanna' by Peoples choice i believe, crackin track. Used to love 'Keep on truckin'.

Thats the one  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTKGbTGaMJY

edit* Just does a search on how to embed videos, I forgot (see fat scousers comment above), click on the first result in feedback and what comes up but Ray's explanation of how to do it. So I follow his method and they must of changed something and it doesnt work any more, nice memories anyway ;D

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:10:47 pm by The 92A »
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline pewithree3

• Has a grumpy old female arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15481 on: July 22, 2011, 05:40:56 pm »
What is the difference between posting in my thread
and threading in my post?

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #15482 on: July 22, 2011, 05:55:03 pm »
Err, been watching this thread for a while, cant grasp what the theme actually is? Anyone enlighten me? :P

Blimey you mean to say you've been watching and not saying anything  ;)

Great post by the way. 
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #15483 on: July 22, 2011, 09:42:59 pm »
Err, been watching this thread for a while, cant grasp what the theme actually is? Anyone enlighten me? :P

Very high tech.  Trendsetting.  Achingly cool. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #15484 on: July 22, 2011, 09:48:35 pm »
Best post ever in the Alzheimer society's thread.
Now, if I could just remember why I came in here....
First thing to go when you get old mate... your short term memory
Second thing your eye sight
Third thing your short term memory.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #15485 on: July 22, 2011, 10:50:50 pm »

Its walking down memory lane, Its having a laugh, Its avoiding the rat race on  some of the other threads, and just relaxing with friends, Hope ive enlightened you enough to come in, make yourself at home   and enjoy the thread. Any topic you like .     ;D
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #15486 on: July 23, 2011, 12:49:50 am »

Thats the one  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTKGbTGaMJY

edit* Just does a search on how to embed videos, I forgot (see fat scousers comment above), click on the first result in feedback and what comes up but Ray's explanation of how to do it. So I follow his method and they must of changed something and it doesnt work any more, nice memories anyway ;D

Thats it mate, beltin track that. I sussed out how to download from youtube couple of weeks ago, into mp3 file, downloaded this one a few days ago. Happy days!
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15487 on: July 23, 2011, 08:46:57 am »
Thats it mate, beltin track that. I sussed out how to download from youtube couple of weeks ago, into mp3 file, downloaded this one a few days ago. Happy days!
And that, from a man who grew up with gas lights and mantles.... I swear, he'll be using that 8 track before you know it.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline inky2

• Legacy Fan
  • RED FOREVER
« Reply #15488 on: July 23, 2011, 08:47:12 am »

Tuesday
TRACUTHB  *****

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15489 on: July 23, 2011, 08:50:40 am »
Who else is coming on our piss up on the 7th of August? So far moi, Terry, JP, FS, Andy, 92a, Southern scouse, harry lab, Vic? Can you make it Maggie? Red artist? The more the merrier all piss heads welcome  ;D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 08:56:32 am by Liverbird 2010 »
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #15490 on: July 23, 2011, 08:53:04 am »
Who else is coming on our piss up? So far moi, Terry, JP, FS, Andy, 92a, Southern scouse, harry lab, Vic? Can you make it Maggie? Red artist? The more the merrier all piss heads welcome  ;D

Psst. you forgot the date.

P.S. that rules you out then Lynds  :P
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15491 on: July 23, 2011, 08:55:34 am »
Psst. you forgot the date.

P.S. that rules you out then Lynds  :P

Haha Ill be turning up on my own :D

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #15492 on: July 23, 2011, 08:59:07 am »
And that, from a man who grew up with gas lights and mantles.... I swear, he'll be using that 8 track before you know it.

Haha is right lad, yeh the old 8 track, remember the size of them things, sure av got a box of em somewhere.....
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15493 on: July 23, 2011, 09:25:15 am »
About 2 years ago, I said to me bird, I've got hair. I'm going to make the most of it until it's gone. I've been goin the barbers ever since, getting the aul short back and sides. Well, the tops gone this morning an all. Been fighting the curtain head for months, fuck it. The clippers came back out this morning... no point fighting it, can't win that one. So....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4NGwVozocU
Fuck it. Revel in it.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15494 on: July 23, 2011, 09:37:38 am »
Dead funny, true story... one of me daughter's works with disabled people. They've been letting this one fella do independent things lately, just going the shops and that. Anyway, he goes out, comes back, bleeding, battered, covered in shite. They quiz him for ages. Eventually he says... "It was the Troll. But I got him."
Cutting a long story short... he seen a midget on he's way to the shops, flipped, jumped on him, dragged him back to the house and locked him in the shed, thinking he was a Troll from the stories he'd heard.
That's god's honour, not a moody story. Not politically correct either but I'd have paid to see it. She said, they went down the shed, opened the door and some little proper pissed off dwarf came running out and swedged into everyone, twatted a few of them. Apparently, he was a hard little fucker and a bit scary, done a few of them in before they all ran away. And I honestly couldn't make that up.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #15495 on: July 23, 2011, 10:26:28 am »
About 2 years ago, I said to me bird, I've got hair. I'm going to make the most of it until it's gone. I've been goin the barbers ever since, getting the aul short back and sides. Well, the tops gone this morning an all. Been fighting the curtain head for months, fuck it. The clippers came back out this morning... no point fighting it, can't win that one. So....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4NGwVozocU
Fuck it. Revel in it.

My hubby's still got his dark hair, think it's just his brain that's had a short back and sides as he's got older  ;)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #15496 on: July 23, 2011, 10:57:44 am »

Back in the seventies when me an' a couple of mates were doing the Holland thing and generally driving around Europe looking for work in me mates mk2 Cortina, all we had was this 8 track and one tape - the one that was in the car when he bought it. It was a truly, truly dire thing called 'hits of the fifties'. The mere written word can not describe what painful listening this was, but we played it constantly - it was forbidden to remove it, or criticise it.
It had such classics as: She wears Red Feathers and a Hoola Hoola Skirt, Rosemary Clooney singing Come On To My House, and some woeful song by Liberace which evades me at the moment. This was so sire it was hilarious and we never tired of picking up cool and trendy hitchhikers who sat there aghast as we sang along with all these appallling songs - 'cos of course we knew all the words. Mind you thinking about it, it did have Tony Bennett singing San Francisco. I wish I could think of some of the other ...er......................err.............what woz we talking about.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15497 on: July 23, 2011, 11:05:02 am »
Back in the seventies when me an' a couple of mates were doing the Holland thing and generally driving around Europe looking for work in me mates mk2 Cortina, all we had was this 8 track and one tape - the one that was in the car when he bought it. It was a truly, truly dire thing called 'hits of the fifties'. The mere written word can not describe what painful listening this was, but we played it constantly - it was forbidden to remove it, or criticise it.
It had such classics as: She wears Red Feathers and a Hoola Hoola Skirt, Rosemary Clooney singing Come On To My House, and some woeful song by Liberace which evades me at the moment. This was so sire it was hilarious and we never tired of picking up cool and trendy hitchhikers who sat there aghast as we sang along with all these appallling songs - 'cos of course we knew all the words. Mind you thinking about it, it did have Tony Bennett singing San Francisco. I wish I could think of some of the other ...er......................err.............what woz we talking about.
Do you ever remember that fella James Last?
He had an LP called Make Your Party Last.

I used to love that title, but nobody could understand why I was laughing.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15498 on: July 23, 2011, 11:06:43 am »
Anyway, just got tickets to Bob Dylan and Mark Knopfler. I can't wait. And to top it off Julian Cope is playing here the next weekend...
Fuck Simon Cowell, there is still a few of us left.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15499 on: July 23, 2011, 11:16:24 am »

James Last was, to my mum and dad, what Jimi Hendrix was to our generation. What a name for an LP!

We used to always have parties were people brought the worst record they could find. The best/worst ones were the ones that were supposed to be taken seriously, though the alltime winner ended up being Bernard Breslaw singing, 'You Need Feet'. I think we ended up having parties were that was the only thing played - and we didn't even really do drugs.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline pewithree3

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15500 on: July 23, 2011, 11:28:55 am »
Just enjoyed two programmes of Ray Davies of Kinks fame talking of
how he started up, playing and singing with another man who played
a Gretsch Tennessee Rose guitar and some songs backed by a choir.
Ray mostly played on simple acoustic guitar, pure nostalgia.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15501 on: July 23, 2011, 11:31:29 am »
James Last was, to my mum and dad, what Jimi Hendrix was to our generation. What a name for an LP!

We used to always have parties were people brought the worst record they could find. The best/worst ones were the ones that were supposed to be taken seriously, though the alltime winner ended up being Bernard Breslaw singing, 'You Need Feet'. I think we ended up having parties were that was the only thing played - and we didn't even really do drugs.
I actually love some of that stuff we used to skit. Lonnie Donegan, what a lad...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFeThpVwRkA

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #15502 on: July 23, 2011, 11:41:15 am »
Ah Lonnie Donegan was my first idol in music, brilliant stuff all of it, John Peel loved him as well.  Anyway if i can remember why i looked at this thread i will post some more, but half the time cant remember who I am ! ;)

By the way Cidre is good for this time of year especially for a next day memory loss! ;D
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15503 on: July 23, 2011, 11:53:06 am »
I wish I could like all sorts of music like some of you lot. I seem to have got into a narrow minded music snob thing from an early age and I can't do anything about it now.
Mind you, I do find when I hear some of the ol' sixties stuff and later, even some of the stuff I didn't like, I find meself marvelling at the quality of music we had in our youth - just a random list of stuff I never bought at the time for instance; Simon and Garfunkel, Bowie, the Kinks, Joni Mitchell, Cats Stevens, Supertramp, there's millions of 'em, they're probably not even the best, just the ones I can think of at the moment.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15504 on: July 23, 2011, 12:31:32 pm »
In the garden, lazing, having a few, doing me best to take no notice of me mentalist brother in law. All that's missing is the sun...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h1oRP7FfBw

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15505 on: July 23, 2011, 01:01:38 pm »
Always think this thread is at it's best with abit of music in it

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15506 on: July 23, 2011, 01:04:21 pm »
Brill mate. I was watching one of those archive Top of the Pops things the other day with me lad (14) and the kinks were on  playing Lola - he was howling.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15507 on: July 23, 2011, 01:06:14 pm »
Always think this thread is at it's best with abit of music in it
Are yer sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQNSXFdyLSQ&feature=fvst

NAKED BOOBERY

Offline pewithree3

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15508 on: July 23, 2011, 01:49:33 pm »
Late 1963 and I went to the Tower ballroom, New Brighton to
see the Beatles and top of the  bill was Little Richard who was
outstanding.
I think we paid 7/6p a ticket, 37pence for the younger generation.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #15509 on: July 23, 2011, 03:53:11 pm »
MyBad.  Come in here to scream me tits off.

Tis a friendly and they are already posting teh gloom. Wits that are phuked. :butt
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15510 on: July 23, 2011, 04:29:04 pm »
MyBad.  Come in here to scream me tits off.

Tis a friendly and they are already posting teh gloom. Wits that are phuked. :butt
You're in the wrong gaff mate, complaints room is next door.

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15511 on: July 23, 2011, 04:34:19 pm »

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #15512 on: July 23, 2011, 04:34:30 pm »

Is correct.

How's you goin?
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15513 on: July 23, 2011, 06:19:35 pm »
Is correct.

How's you goin?
Aging by the minute

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #15514 on: July 23, 2011, 06:30:09 pm »
Aging by the minute

I feel as old as Methuselah now having read some of the doom and gloom shite in the Hull match thread.

The 'I want instant gratification and I want it now" merchants seem to be just getting worse each season.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15515 on: July 23, 2011, 06:33:45 pm »

;D

Anyone remember these? A few of them lived on our block on Scotty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXLkg3WIXS4

Offline inky2

• Legacy Fan
  • RED FOREVER
« Reply #15516 on: July 23, 2011, 08:59:07 pm »

what's the difference between the james last orchestra and a cow ?

the cow has the horns at the front and the arsehole at the back
TRACUTHB  *****

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15517 on: July 23, 2011, 09:58:24 pm »
Well what about Roberto Delgado then.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #15518 on: July 23, 2011, 11:52:44 pm »
Well what about Roberto Delgado then.

Bert...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/66TLrby1R1g&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/66TLrby1R1g&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15519 on: July 24, 2011, 01:07:11 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlcIrMyPibA&NR=1

one of the best intro's to a song ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5G8AJf4Xzw

or just one of the best songs ever...

or Our Kid and the Rubettes.................mmmmmmmmmmm

Abba always seemed to be a good way to meet young ladies though...........

and some other things that rocked my boat back in the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9udxbvHiqGw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pln7nsSbH4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE1ct5yEuVY&ob=av2n
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmWxUGStTj4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU5XxTa-3uw

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.