Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4042563 times)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #20320 on: April 7, 2012, 08:48:39 am »
Haha, that's two of us then, though I'm in Bedford these days. Started a new business last year and money's tight because everything's going into it. We'll get there in the end cos I'm a determined little sod ;)

On another note, pleased for Ronnie Moore and Tranmere ... crackin' win yesterday over Stevenage - Ronnie seems to be having the same effect as Kenny with us last year - more power to his elbow!

Fair play reds. Been on it all night so hearing good news about Tranmere and the Birkenheadtheballs is just the tonic I need!. You're the other side of the A1 further down. That black cat roundabouts a mare isn't it lad? Telling evryone who wants to hear it's the best way into Wembley though, park up Potters Bar and beyond. What d'ya reckon, kidder?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #20321 on: April 7, 2012, 09:09:41 am »
Fair play reds. Been on it all night so hearing good news about Tranmere and the Birkenheadtheballs is just the tonic I need!. You're the other side of the A1 further down. That black cat roundabouts a mare isn't it lad? Telling evryone who wants to hear it's the best way into Wembley though, park up Potters Bar and beyond. What d'ya reckon, kidder?

You're not kidding about the Black Cat, fucking murders all round at rush hour. What they were thinking of when they built the damn thing is beyond me. Seen the traffic backed up past St Neots going south with no accidents or anything just traffic, mental.

Yeah, Potters Bar is a good shout except parking is a bit shite but I recommend Stanmore just off the M1 Harrow exit - easy parking, nice area, cheap Wetherspoons, tube to Wembley Park or Watford from the exit before, massive Tesco car park, Watford High St station just over the road, goes to Wembley Central and easy access to the M1 when yer coming back.

If you look closely at some of the shops and lamposts around the Watford town centre area, there's still some HJC 'Don't Buy the Sun' stickers from when we were last there for the semi-final of the League Cup the year we lost to Maureen's lot in the Final ;)

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #20322 on: April 7, 2012, 09:37:23 am »
Honestly never thought I'd hear talk of St Neots on a Liverpool forum unless it was some half man half biscuit lyrics
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20323 on: April 7, 2012, 09:48:28 am »
Honestly never thought I'd hear talk of St Neots on a Liverpool forum unless it was some half man half biscuit lyrics

:lmao

Come on John, you know how weird and wonderful this thread can be... 

... mind you, was a bit shocked meself to see the words Potters Bar on here  :wave

Offline the invisible man

• ( )
  • Legacy Fan
  • who am I?
« Reply #20324 on: April 7, 2012, 10:38:14 am »

I'm going to leave yers all hanging while I debate with meself overnight if I should I be disclosing it or not...

will this be a mass-debate jonno...  (sorry ...) :)
t.i.m...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20325 on: April 7, 2012, 11:39:20 am »
:lmao

Come on John, you know how weird and wonderful this thread can be... 

... mind you, was a bit shocked meself to see the words Potters Bar on here  :wave

And I'm just itchin' to talk about Hitchin....And I am deffoey off to the offey now.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20326 on: April 7, 2012, 12:59:03 pm »
i've left that one there, for all the moaning c*nts, off the game!

Pheeny

« Reply #20327 on: April 7, 2012, 01:40:05 pm »
i've left that one there, for all the moaning c*nts, off the game!
have a beer for me mate.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #20328 on: April 7, 2012, 04:54:39 pm »

Gutted naffin' gutted
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20329 on: April 7, 2012, 04:57:59 pm »

Gutted naffin' gutted

Nothing to add really, getting sick of it all a bit.

You know things are bad because instad of visiting the post game thread I am watching the Boat Race on the BBC iPlayer :-\
« Last Edit: April 7, 2012, 05:01:31 pm by montysmum »
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20330 on: April 7, 2012, 05:16:51 pm »
There were positives in that game for me. Luis had a couple of runs down the flanks that showed his talents there rather than in the middle....he needs a proper striker to play off him. Luis also won that corner and screamed for the big lads to get up and fill the box.....resulting in a header won and luis on the end of it.
Henderson actually can play a decent pass that is more than 5 yards, he had room in the middle and can play a bit....needs shooting practice.....time for the lad yet.
Kenny subbed  tweedle dum and tweedle dee......highering the total IQ of the team  by a significant amount.
Would loved to have seen young Raheem given a run out and maybe one or two others. Shelvey half decent ....Flanno  bit  limited in some aspects but game the lad.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2012, 05:19:09 pm by OLDSCROTE »
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20331 on: April 7, 2012, 06:09:02 pm »
have a beer for me mate.

I'm off it mate, why I've been in here so much. Staying off it till Thursday at earliest, thats when my Wembley trip starts.

just can't believe we never won, couple of clear pens, Suarez header, think the one in the first half may have been over the line, Kuyt 2 sitters. We didn't play well but still thats life.

Toffees think next week is already won,in fact they think its the final and already won. Mind you seen that before, we'll see what happens.

See that there's about 10 threads locked out there, well we did concede a goal. Gonna be hard staying in tonight, tellys shite, no laptop, might go out and buy the new Weller CD.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20332 on: April 7, 2012, 06:15:06 pm »
One thing I have come away thinking though is that Stevey has to have a good long think about the Summer and what he wants, can't help think that if he goes it may be Christmas before he's back. Just might be a nightmare for the club nd at the end of the day his efforts are unlikely to be appreciated by England fans in any case.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20333 on: April 7, 2012, 06:42:35 pm »
Anyone seen Geoff about?

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #20334 on: April 7, 2012, 07:06:08 pm »
"I love Kenny but", "Kenny was my hero but", "I really want Kenny to suceed but", "I don't want to see Kenny sacked but", "I'd like to see Kenny get another season but"...

They're all out there and they think we don't notice, the little drip drip of those dissenters who haven't got the bottle or are trying to remain under the radar are all over this place. Used to be noted by their single figure post count but now their secrets are out.

Just wish I had a 'ban' button, it would be carnage.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20335 on: April 7, 2012, 07:22:51 pm »

Fuck the ban button Id like to put some of them on Bobby Wilcox's coach, let them explain how they think its appropriate to support the reds. A missed man

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20336 on: April 7, 2012, 07:28:06 pm »
Fuck the ban button Id like to put some of them on Bobby Wilcox's coach, let them explain how they think its appropriate to support the reds. A missed man

:thumbup

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #20337 on: April 7, 2012, 07:37:41 pm »

We're losing some good reds mate and just hope there's enough following in their footsteps outside of this microcosm.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20338 on: April 7, 2012, 07:38:00 pm »
"I love Kenny but", "Kenny was my hero but", "I really want Kenny to suceed but", "I don't want to see Kenny sacked but", "I'd like to see Kenny get another season but"...

They're all out there and they think we don't notice, the little drip drip of those dissenters who haven't got the bottle or are trying to remain under the radar are all over this place. Used to be noted by their single figure post count but now their secrets are out.

Too true about Bobby.

Good posts.  I can't be arsed with them tonight, I'm sick of trying to put a point across that just won't be listened to.

Good Luck to anyone who tries though :)
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20339 on: April 7, 2012, 07:46:25 pm »
Too true about Bobby.

Good posts.  I can't be arsed with them tonight, I'm sick of trying to put a point across that just won't be listened to.

Good Luck to anyone who tries though :)

its not worth doing anything else, really are gobshites, just got nothing about them. We'll see how it turns out long term but one thing i know is that most of those pricks won't be about.

Pheeny

« Reply #20340 on: April 7, 2012, 07:51:09 pm »
lost a few no marks today though... :P

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20341 on: April 7, 2012, 07:53:40 pm »
lost a few no marks today though... :P

Like shelling peas Pheeny?

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20342 on: April 7, 2012, 07:55:26 pm »
Pheeny, I don't know how you and the other Mods manage to keep your sanity.

Or maybe you haven't :)

Pheeny

« Reply #20343 on: April 7, 2012, 07:56:56 pm »
Pheeny, I don't know how you and the other Mods manage to keep your sanity.

Or maybe you haven't :)
seeing as I'm off the beer it's all done to chocolate...

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20344 on: April 7, 2012, 08:13:10 pm »
Well, I hope you get loads of eggs this Easter to keep you going then :)

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20345 on: April 7, 2012, 08:14:37 pm »
Pheeny am tempted to just go for a pint, but holding off. If i hadn't bladdered my laptop I'd probably start doing some work.

Don't for the life me know how you and the others keep your sanity.

Should make me mod for a day just to send out the banning PMs-

'listen soft shite, i've had about enough of your bollox, i can't knock fuck out of you so you're banned, fuck off and don't come back'

When yers decide I'm banned that's the PM to use.

cheers Tony

Pheeny

« Reply #20346 on: April 7, 2012, 08:17:05 pm »
Pheeny am tempted to just go for a pint, but holding off. If i hadn't bladdered my laptop I'd probably start doing some work.

Don't for the life me know how you and the others keep your sanity.

Should make me mod for a day just to send out the banning PMs-

'listen soft shite, i've had about enough of your bollox, i can't knock fuck out of you so you're banned, fuck off and don't come back'

When yers decide I'm banned that's the PM to use.

cheers Tony
John mate the day you are banned is the day I resign. Perm ban that is as I've almost given you a 24hr ban on a few occasion :P

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20347 on: April 7, 2012, 08:18:28 pm »
Clocking off to watch True Grit (Coen Brothers). Goodnight all. Having said that, as Arnie says....

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #20348 on: April 7, 2012, 08:21:12 pm »
seeing as I'm off the beer it's all done to chocolate...

Well you sure live in the right place for it.  I take it Messrs De Groote have taken a hammering.  Happy Easter to you and yours mate.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20349 on: April 7, 2012, 08:21:33 pm »
John mate the day you are banned is the day I resign. Perm ban that is as I've almost given you a 24hr ban on a few occasion :P

I'm sure I deserved it Tony

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20350 on: April 7, 2012, 08:28:13 pm »

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #20351 on: April 7, 2012, 08:28:37 pm »

Humph.  Moderator's pet.  I only got spoken to harshly the other day despite demonstrating latent menace.  Stiil.  It was very phoowar though.   :lickin :lickin
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Pheeny

« Reply #20352 on: April 7, 2012, 08:28:39 pm »
Well you sure live in the right place for it.  I take it Messrs De Groote have taken a hammering.  Happy Easter to you and yours mate.
an same back Mags.

probably did ;)

Offline pewithree3

• Has a grumpy old female arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20353 on: April 7, 2012, 08:41:38 pm »
Thoughts of Belgian chocolate reminded me of some years ago,
been working away and we decided on a long weekend in Belgium.
Coming back on the Tuesday morning with my missus from Ostend
on the jetfoil and eating warm waffles covered in chocolate and
drinking coffee after a good drinking session the night before.  :P

Offline happydaze

• ...arefuckinhereagain!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #20354 on: April 7, 2012, 09:56:17 pm »
someone mentioned the Rollings Stones 'last tour' in the 80s, and seeing them down at Wembley. and at the end of that show the score board announced they had added a final , last ever show to be held at Leeds Roundhay park a few weeks later.  ....and they are still going eh.....

Does anyone recall the big rumour floating around at about that time they they were going to play the Empire , a hush hush show under the name of Freddie McGregor. Think the show sold out, much to the amazement of the real artist, a reggae muso, freddie mcgregor. ....a pre internet rumour that spread like wildfire.

still got my freddie mcgregor ticket somewhere too

and talking of Jordan Henderson (who I too think is one for the future) I think we should dub him Dickie here in the auld arse forum !!!!

Right think I will sample a bottle of Kelpie seaweed ale !!!!

http://www.williamsbrosbrew.com/beerboard/bottles/kelpie

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20355 on: April 7, 2012, 10:18:30 pm »
someone mentioned the Rollings Stones 'last tour' in the 80s, and seeing them down at Wembley....

I meant to reply to that post but forgot...

... I was there for the 'Wheels of Steel' tour, was that the one you mean?

There's a story to that one too. Will get on to that tomorrow - if I remember ;)

I've not bothered replying in the usual post-match apocalypse threads tonight, it's the same old, same old. I was hoping for a win, but had one foot in the Anfield Wrap camp where I think it was Rob Guttman who said he'd take a scrappy draw just to break the habit of losing. So fair play to him and fair play to the Reds for battling back to get the draw - shows the fight is coming back.

Wish I'd known the new True Grit was on tonight, it's a belter of a film - I love the modern Westerns me, 3.10 to Yuma is another goodie.

Offline happydaze

• ...arefuckinhereagain!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #20356 on: April 7, 2012, 10:24:28 pm »
I meant to reply to that post but forgot...

... I was there for the 'Wheels of Steel' tour, was that the one you mean?

There's a story to that one too. Will get on to that tomorrow - if I remember ;)

1982, Tattoo You Tour ???

details here on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rolling_Stones_European_Tour_1982

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20357 on: April 7, 2012, 11:02:57 pm »
1982, Tattoo You Tour ???'''

I should lay off the weed when I'm posting, that's the one ;)

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20358 on: April 7, 2012, 11:29:37 pm »
I'm off it mate, why I've been in here so much. Staying off it till Thursday at earliest, thats when my Wembley trip starts.

just can't believe we never won, couple of clear pens, Suarez header, think the one in the first half may have been over the line, Kuyt 2 sitters. We didn't play well but still thats life.

Toffees think next week is already won,in fact they think its the final and already won. Mind you seen that before, we'll see what happens.

See that there's about 10 threads locked out there, well we did concede a goal. Gonna be hard staying in tonight, tellys shite, no laptop, might go out and buy the new Weller CD.

just seen that one on motd, knew the one of Kuyt's was behind the line

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #20359 on: April 7, 2012, 11:33:12 pm »
we have the Ice Hockey Playoffs here in Nottingham so breakfast was full English and Guinness, and been on it all day the guinness that is, not going near the main boards except for a single post in two threads, anyway good day on the ice Nottingham Panthers in the final tomorrow against the Cardiff Devils, so start again on the Guinness early again tomorrow have a good day!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode