Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4036609 times)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #6200 on: August 3, 2010, 02:02:02 am »
Back to the picture..

Max Thompson, Frankie Lane, John McLaughlin?

Deffo not John McLaughlin Terry, and the Frankie Lane lookalike on the end by Jimmy is Bob Wardle.

Frankie Lane had a better muzzy and never had a haircut like a matadors hat.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6201 on: August 3, 2010, 02:03:24 am »
It's in the pocket of your camouflage kecks..

That tickled me that.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline tampared

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6202 on: August 3, 2010, 02:16:07 am »

The Words every Father Dreads
"Dad can I have a Man U kit?"
If you even think a child of yours would utter these words.......
don't risk it be safe use a condom.
Better safe then sorry!

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #6203 on: August 3, 2010, 02:33:00 am »

..his 'Lordship' is beaten by the tough?..

Offline rednose54

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6204 on: August 3, 2010, 06:49:42 am »
i think he had the fish and chips after he ran, wasnt he a mechanic or something as well.

Pretty sure he was a welder.
LIVERPOOL FC SHOULD NOT PLAY A GAME OF FOOTBALL ON THE 15TH APRIL.

NOT THIS YEAR OR ANY YEAR.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #6205 on: August 3, 2010, 08:04:42 am »
Pretty sure he was a welder.

Yep

With goggles....

Great site here

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6206 on: August 3, 2010, 06:23:46 pm »
We used to call them plastic sandals Plassie Wassies. I hated the fuckers. But even worse was them pumps with the little bit of elastic instead of laces and shiny rubber toes... a guaranteed hiding at school.

I had a pair of them brown, two brown - toe cap and boot - nail in the foot, footy boots. They was me uncle Joe's. I had to stuff the toes with the Echo, and looked like McDonald in them...
Ronald McDonald.

Me aul fella came home bevvied one night. Well, he done that every night, but this night he was all chuffed. He got me in the kitchen and put this box down on the table. I opened it.... them fucking contraptions with the laces down the side. Me aul fella was chuffed to death with them. I had to pretend to be made up. They went right in the bin on the way to school. Divvy, I should have sold them. But I had a pair of Gola by then. I can't remember the name of them, but they was black, with laces down the middle and proper studs. Me mate Mick Murphy had give them to me cos he'd got a new pair. Couldn't be having the other pair... they had like purplie coloured piping on them and George Best... nah. Not for me. I hated him. Still do. Thought he was a knobhead who wasted his talent. Not that I knew that then, but I still ythink it to be honest.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6207 on: August 3, 2010, 07:07:16 pm »
The only others I can think of on that team pic are Bob Wardle (top left) and what looks like a young Max Thompson (front fae right),though the lads front row far left and 3rd on the right look very familiar.
I thought that was Liverpool Cricket Club on Aigburth Road but I could be wrong.

i think the fella infront of jimmy case holding the trophy is kevin kewley (or something like that), your right about the fella on the far left, his face does look familiar.
when i first looked at it i thought jimmy case was brian kettle!!
is the fella 3rd from the right hughey mccauley?
my memory is shite.

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #6208 on: August 3, 2010, 07:58:18 pm »
There yer go lads....ring any bells?
Did you stick the Echo down your socks for shinnies too?

I took your advice Shanklyboy and had a look at this thread. Now I'm depressed because I actually had a couple of pairs of boots with the cork studs in and my head's slightly misshapen through heading the lace part of a soggy casey too often. I knew I was old but hadn't realised how old!!

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6209 on: August 3, 2010, 09:25:28 pm »
The only others I can think of on that team pic are Bob Wardle (top left) and what looks like a young Max Thompson (front fae right),though the lads front row far left and 3rd on the right look very familiar.
I thought that was Liverpool Cricket Club on Aigburth Road but I could be wrong.

is the fella on the far left called webb? jimmy webb or john webb.....something like that

Offline Jimmy Case

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6210 on: August 3, 2010, 10:03:25 pm »
I remember begging me aul fella for a pair of the Heighway boots for Christmas. He knew they were shite and tried to convince me to get another pair of Addidas Santiago but I wanted the Heighway boots. Anyway, he got them for me and when I opened them on Chrizzy morning I was gutted. They were white plastic with moulded studs. Me aul fella was great about it and said just cut the studs off and use them in the street like trainers. Nearly fuckin killed meself after about 10 seconds, slipping around like a baby giraffe.

I can only get Bob Wardle, Jimmy Case, Fairclough. Brings back great memories seeing them together. I only ever saw them in the flesh, playing, or the echo.
"Can I mind your car mister?" "No thanks lad, I've got an Alsation in the back"

"Can it put fires out?"

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
« Reply #6211 on: August 4, 2010, 06:40:40 pm »
I remember playing footie in the street. As soon as I got home from school, I would be out there until I was dragged in. if it went dark we would play by the street lights. I lived at the top of Breck Road and we had a great liitle pitch at one end of the street, their was a set of green double doors on one side of the street, and on the other side two pefectly spaced lamp posts, they were our goals.
If I Was on my own,  I would kick the ball against the wall, if a mate came we would have a'shootie', if there was three of us we would play'3 and in'. four of us could have a match. Sometimes we would play 'spot' for a change. If you had a 'Frido' ball you were the most popular kid in the street. I can remember knocking on  my mates door and saying 'is Alan coming out' his mam would say 'no' to which the reply would be  'can we lend his ball'. Happy days.
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6212 on: August 4, 2010, 08:17:44 pm »
I remember playing footie in the street. As soon as I got home from school, I would be out there until I was dragged in. if it went dark we would play by the street lights. I lived at the top of Breck Road and we had a great liitle pitch at one end of the street, their was a set of green double doors on one side of the street, and on the other side two pefectly spaced lamp posts, they were our goals.
If I Was on my own,  I would kick the ball against the wall, if a mate came we would have a'shootie', if there was three of us we would play'3 and in'. four of us could have a match. Sometimes we would play 'spot' for a change. If you had a 'Frido' ball you were the most popular kid in the street. I can remember knocking on  my mates door and saying 'is Alan coming out' his mam would say 'no' to which the reply would be  'can we lend his ball'. Happy days.

Remember the difference between, goalie in and out, or goalie on the spot.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6213 on: August 4, 2010, 08:22:36 pm »

Is that a question or a reminiscence?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6214 on: August 4, 2010, 08:25:30 pm »

In and out... the goalie could play in or out.
On the spot... furthest one back was the goalie.

"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6215 on: August 4, 2010, 08:28:05 pm »
In and out... the goalie could play in or out.
On the spot... furthest one back was the goalie.

I knew that but I was waiting for an answer to my question. Trust some smart arse to steal my thunder ;D

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6216 on: August 4, 2010, 08:28:55 pm »
I knew that but I was waiting for an answer to my question. Trust some smart arse to steal my thunder ;D
Liar.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6217 on: August 4, 2010, 08:31:07 pm »
Arsing about aside, I used to love playing spot. Remember when you was getting beat... Full stop, coma, exclamation mark.

It didn't do much for me shooting, but I got an C in grammar. Which was good for me, but mind you, I was in the duffer's class.

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6218 on: August 4, 2010, 08:31:26 pm »
Liar.

Can't stand these people who only post now and again.

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #6219 on: August 4, 2010, 08:44:17 pm »
Arsing about aside, I used to love playing spot. Remember when you was getting beat... Full stop, coma, exclamation mark.

It didn't do much for me shooting, but I got an C in grammar. Which was good for me, but mind you, I was in the duffer's class.

.... or the variation, DONKEY

We also played 'Kerby' where you'd throw the ball to the kerb across the street, one point for a bounce-back, two points if you caught it.  But that evolved into a point for each 'keepy-uppy' before it hit the floor.  Usually game over with the first ball you got under control.

Victorious and glorious....

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6220 on: August 4, 2010, 08:47:53 pm »
Can't stand these people who only post now and again.
I know mate, sad bastard that I am I racked most of them up in a couple of days when we was talking about sweets and lolly ices.

Usually game over with the first ball you got under control.

Bragger.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6221 on: August 4, 2010, 08:50:18 pm »
Thats them mate, the black ones on the boards, those old laced balls were real heavy when wet too, would murder your swede if you had to head it, nearly knock you out.

me dad tells me he wore the first ever, brand new boots with screw ins when he played for his regiment over in Germany - experimental modern technology he said he couldn't be doing with it - that would have been early 50's - christ knows what he make of the slippers they wear nowadays

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6222 on: August 4, 2010, 08:50:34 pm »
Is that a question or a reminiscence?

I've just decided, it was a reminicise not a question. Too many smartarses on this thread. ;) Spot only got into grammer when you were losing. I remember Kerbs and we used to play rally O, with half the street playing.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6223 on: August 4, 2010, 08:54:11 pm »

you must have been rich - we played no goalies

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

• Kopite
« Reply #6224 on: August 4, 2010, 08:55:31 pm »

I've just decided, it was a reminicise not a question. Too many smartarses on this thread. ;) Spot only got into grammer when you were losing. I remember Kerbs and we used to play rally O, with half the street playing.

Rally O, is that the same as 'Al-alley-o?'  We used to play that all around the block, dozens playing.  That was a laugh, that game.

"Alaaaaaallliiiooooo' -

Caught yer, double twists no shakes

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #6225 on: August 4, 2010, 08:55:48 pm »

I'm sure we called that Alallio.

You're not Chinese are you?
« Last Edit: August 4, 2010, 08:58:20 pm by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6226 on: August 4, 2010, 08:58:12 pm »
Allalio, Allllllllaaaaalio.... The monkey's in the jam jar.

I'm still good at it.

Offline Jimmy Case

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6227 on: August 4, 2010, 09:00:11 pm »
I was fuckin brilliant at SPOT. I used to play SPOT against a lampost with half a mangy tennis ball - never missed, even round corners and over walls. And Krirby - you used to get one for a keepy upy with your foot, 5 on the knee and 10 on the head.

I'd beat any of yous. I could even play SPOT and you could play SPOTTY.,!?:)("

"Can it put fires out?"

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6228 on: August 4, 2010, 09:01:02 pm »
And British Bulldog...
You wanna see me knockin all the kids out when we play that in our street now.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6229 on: August 4, 2010, 09:02:12 pm »
Jimmy lad...
Spotty my (_!_)

Offline Jimmy Case

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6230 on: August 4, 2010, 09:02:18 pm »

We all will be this time next week, Doctor.

Come on Riverpool! Up the Leds!

"Can it put fires out?"

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6231 on: August 4, 2010, 09:03:08 pm »
I couldn't wait to get that arse in. Me grandaughter showed me how to make them the other day, and I've been bidding me time.

• Kopite
« Reply #6232 on: August 4, 2010, 09:04:34 pm »
I was fuckin brilliant at SPOT. I used to play SPOT against a lampost with half a mangy tennis ball - never missed, even round corners and over walls. And Krirby - you used to get one for a keepy upy with your foot, 5 on the knee and 10 on the head.

I'd beat any of yous. I could even play SPOT and you could play SPOTTY.,!?:)("

Freakin' 'ell, give me 5 points for each knees-up and I'd take you to the cleaners, mate. Haha

Offline Jimmy Case

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6233 on: August 4, 2010, 09:04:41 pm »
If Kenny buys us next week, I hope he gets that chippy open again at the bottom of Venmore Street. It's fucked me an our Terry's ritual right up.

"Can it put fires out?"

Offline Jimmy Case

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6234 on: August 4, 2010, 09:07:17 pm »
Freakin' 'ell, give me 5 points for each knees-up and I'd take you to the cleaners, mate. Haha

You'd have to ask Ducko if you could play. it was his ball.

"Can it put fires out?"

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6235 on: August 4, 2010, 09:08:11 pm »
If Kenny buys us next week, I hope he gets that chippy open again at the bottom of Venmore Street. It's fucked me an our Terry's ritual right up.
Nah. The other fella's putting a solarium in for all Liverpudlains.
I can't wait, sitting here now in me cossie, waiting for the first home game.

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6236 on: August 4, 2010, 09:10:26 pm »

Your right it was alallio, I never saw it written, and I was trying to think how to spell it and it came out as Rally O. Great game used to love it when your horses got the fox and we'd all shout Alallio

• Kopite
« Reply #6237 on: August 4, 2010, 09:10:37 pm »
Nah. The other fella's putting a solarium in for all Liverpudlains.
I can't wait, sitting here now in me cossie, waiting for the first home game.

Orange Kopites AOTS....

Offline Jimmy Case

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6238 on: August 4, 2010, 09:10:37 pm »
Ha! We're not back to the aul cozzies are we? I'll have to get me bird to get the knitting needles out. Just fancy a nice mohair number now I've got a bit of class.

"Can it put fires out?"

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #6239 on: August 4, 2010, 09:11:35 pm »
We'll fuckin tan that Arsenal when they turn up.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.