Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4048999 times)

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #6400 on: August 7, 2010, 07:30:01 pm »
Don't remember that but remember Ten Town and of course (oh my god a right chain of memories just been sparked here , but) The Magic Boomerang. No wonder all me mates ended up in Oz.

Don't remember the Magic Boomerang.  Is that the one that wouldn't come back?  Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAYmk9Qb9Dc

I remember the Flying Doctor and that smart-arse kangeroo, Skippy.  Tut-tut-tut-tut.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2010, 07:34:09 pm by RedBootsTommySmith »
Victorious and glorious....

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #6401 on: August 7, 2010, 07:35:34 pm »
.... Is that the one that wouldn't come back? .....
Oh no, you've brought back memories of the unfunny Charlie Drake...Alright my darlings....
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

• Kopite
« Reply #6402 on: August 7, 2010, 07:39:32 pm »
Oh no, you've brought back memories of the unfunny Charlie Drake...Alright my darlings....

Come on, that songs class (if you only hear it once, that is). Lol

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #6403 on: August 7, 2010, 07:40:55 pm »
Don't remember the Magic Boomerang.  Is that the one that wouldn't come back?  Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAYmk9Qb9Dc

I remember the Flying Doctor and that smart-arse kangeroo, Skippy.  Tut-tut-tut-tut.

Cor Skippy & Lassie what memories, but one of my favourite programmes to watch during the long summer holidays, was White Horses.  Think it was the only time my mum ever got any peace and quiet from me 'cos my nickname was 20 questions.
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #6404 on: August 7, 2010, 07:41:11 pm »
The magic boomerang made time stand still whilst it was in flight except for the person who threw it. But you had to get back to catch it - so there was no shagging.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
« Reply #6405 on: August 7, 2010, 07:41:58 pm »

He is Mick Hucknell's owl feller, isn't he?
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #6406 on: August 7, 2010, 07:44:23 pm »
........one of my favourite programmes to watch during the long summer holidays, was White Horses.  Think it was the only time my mum ever got any peace and quiet from me 'cos my nickname was 20 questions.
I think a lot of young lads used to watch that as well for the strangely uncomfortable yet pleasant feeling in the unmentionables we got when seeing Julia.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #6407 on: August 7, 2010, 07:51:55 pm »
I think a lot of young lads used to watch that as well for the strangely uncomfortable yet pleasant feeling in the unmentionables we got when seeing Julia.

so that's why by brother used to sit and watch as well, he wouldn't admit to it of course  ;D
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6408 on: August 7, 2010, 08:00:47 pm »
The magic boomerang made time stand still whilst it was in flight except for the person who threw it. But you had to get back to catch it - so there was no shagging.

Oh, I don't know. I'm sure I could have managed it in those days! The boomerang seemed to stay up in the air for, oh, seconds at least.
Fils et pere - Trade count of 35+

What's tomato with you?

Offline pooley

• Kopite
« Reply #6409 on: August 7, 2010, 08:14:43 pm »
This article might interest some of you, I know some of this documentary is on you tube, I am sure I have seen some of it.
http://www.triumphpc.com/mersey-beat/a-z/beatcity4.shtml
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6410 on: August 7, 2010, 11:48:40 pm »
Tetleys, Bents , Watneys and Higsons.
Remember those Higsons beermats with the cartoon type characters, 'AnnField', 'Rock Ferry' and 'Albert Dock'.

Talking of traditional pubs. Has anyone been in the Lion at the top of Moorfields? What a cracking looking pub that is.
It's got a bar and 2 snugs, complete with a real fireplace a domed ceiling and little buttons to press for waitress service. They don't work anymore, which is handy because there's no waitesses.

I found myself in there a few weeks ago while waiting for the queue in the sex shop to go down.
The 2nd snug was full of fellers having a great laugh by the sound of it. From the bar you could see sports bags on the floor by their tables, which suggested a gang of lads having a pint after training or 5 a-side.......wrong!

On further inspection you would see the Monopoloy boards. This was 'the board game club'. Attended by water drinking men of all ages, who at the end of their 'session' sang Sally Army songs.........no I'm not kidding!

A quick few bob in the Jukie, which is one of the best I've seen, soon put a stop to that.

Anyway.......a cracking little pub, which for all you drinkers served rare malt scotch at £5 a pop.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6411 on: August 7, 2010, 11:54:02 pm »
I loved The Magic Boomerang and Skippy.
What about Flipper, The Singing Ringing Tree and Davey Crockett?

Then there was the Lone Ranger, Cheyanne, Branded, Bonanza, F-Troop, Gilligans Island, Get Smart, Greenacres. Casey Jones,The Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone, I love Lucy, I Dream of Genie and Bewitched.

Not to mention My Favourite Martian, Lost in Space, The Space Family Robinson, Fireball XL5 and SuperCar.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6412 on: August 7, 2010, 11:58:02 pm »

Then there was the Lone Ranger, Cheyanne, Branded, Bonanza, F-Troop, Gilligans Island, Get Smart, Greenacres. Casey Jones,The Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone, I love Lucy, I Dream of Genie and Bewitched.

Not to mention My Favourite Martian, Lost in Space, The Space Family Robinson, Fireball XL5 and SuperCar.

christ were you ever allowed out?

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6413 on: August 8, 2010, 12:00:43 am »

That's the problem mate....we didn't have a telly.

So I was like a gyppo going around everyone elses house.
Or stuck to the telly shop window in Lodge Lane.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline skerriesred

• Main Stander
  • Devuelvemela pelota.
« Reply #6414 on: August 8, 2010, 12:08:15 am »

"The singing ringing tree" - Was that some late night Hampstead heath expose about George Michael?
" Never make a decision until you have to, because often they are made for you"
Bill Shankly

• Kopite
« Reply #6415 on: August 8, 2010, 12:13:58 am »

Beat me to that!

Shanklyboy = The Eternal Flame - never goes out!!  Lol (no offense, mate)

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6416 on: August 8, 2010, 12:17:05 am »
we got a tele in 64 probably because of MOTD but me dad's keeping schtum about that - we still didn't have a phone by 71 though, not sure when we eventually got one of those - and a car well that was at least 77 I think - funny what you take for granted these days

he was showing me an old magazine on picture houses in Liverpool the other day - there used to be over 250 of them - 250 - he reckons him and me mum went to virtually all of them -  but according to the mag something like  95% of them closed down between 58 and 64 with the arrival of the tele

I can remember some of them and some of the building which clearly were out of place as chippies or whatever they were but 250 - the golden age of cinema

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6417 on: August 8, 2010, 04:19:33 am »
There used to be the Ritz on Utting Avenue which I think is now a sports shop. Me ma used to take us there on a Saturday night until we got a telly. We saw films like Ben Hur and the Greatest Story Ever Told and I always seemed to have nightmares about having leprosy or being dragged around under a chariot.

When we were a bit older it was closed down and all derelict. We used to get in through a window and it was the ultimate achievemnt to find the projector room as the place was in almost total darkness and hanging down above the stage was a noose (!) which used to really spook everyone.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6418 on: August 8, 2010, 05:48:40 am »

Remember those Higsons beermats with the cartoon type characters, 'AnnField', 'Rock Ferry' and 'Albert Dock'.

used to have the full set :D

http://liverpoolhistorysocietyquestions.blogspot.com/2009/08/higsons-beer-mats.html

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6419 on: August 8, 2010, 06:58:40 am »
Hated Higgies when I was a kid, and then grew to love it.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6420 on: August 8, 2010, 11:47:11 am »
I can't remember he's second name, it's Bill something or other. He's a yank, lives over here though. He's a travel writer, supposedly one of the best. Anyway, I was flipping through channels one day and seen the Pier Head so I left it on. It was a show all about Liverpool by him. It had only just started so I watched it. It was really good. He loves Liverpool that fella. You could tell it wasn't phoney an all. He said he felt really welcome there, the only place in England where he did feel fully welcome as a yank. He might find that's changed a bit, I suppose. But you could see he genuinely enjoyed being there. He went in the Yankee Bar for a pint. But it was a really good show an all, all strange, quirky little stories. Ever heard of the Liverpool Mole? I'd heard of the fella before, but they went down into all his tunnels. Mad that. But anyway, it was really good and the yanks alright.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

• Kopite
« Reply #6421 on: August 8, 2010, 12:12:11 pm »
Gerry Byrnes was against an All Star XI and the score was 8-8
Roger Hunts was against an England X1 and the score was 8-6
Ron Yeats'was against Celtic and the score was 1-4

shanklyboy, I dug this out from way back.

Can you help settle an argument?  I'm sure I saw Stanley Mathews play at Anfield, my memory is of everyone being scared to tackle him in case they hurt him.  But I was pulled on it and told he never ever played at Anfield.  I went through my old programmes (yes, I've still got them all) and couldn't find him on any one.  I even spoke with Ian Callaghan and he said he never played against him.

All I can think of is Gerry Byrne's testimonial.  George Eastham was down for that. 

Can you remember did Stanley turn out, or is my memory deceiving me?   It might have been at the half-time game.

I remember on of those with Kenny Lynch & Jimmy Tarbuck playing, too.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6422 on: August 8, 2010, 12:14:26 pm »
Never saw it but was it Bill Bryson. Well known Yank travel writer.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6423 on: August 8, 2010, 12:25:30 pm »
Never saw it but was it Bill Bryson. Well known Yank travel writer.
That's him. Bryson. He seems alright him, really loved Liverpool. You could see it was real not some phoney thing for the telly.

As for the testimonials.... I think Shanklyboy played in a few of them. He could dribble like Stan, but then you have to remember Stan was in his 70's by then.

(Courtesy of the great man himself that).
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline pooley

• Kopite
« Reply #6424 on: August 8, 2010, 12:36:15 pm »
shanklyboy, I dug this out from way back.

Can you help settle an argument?  I'm sure I saw Stanley Mathews play at Anfield, my memory is of everyone being scared to tackle him in case they hurt him.  But I was pulled on it and told he never ever played at Anfield.  I went through my old programmes (yes, I've still got them all) and couldn't find him on any one.  I even spoke with Ian Callaghan and he said he never played against him.

All I can think of is Gerry Byrne's testimonial.  George Eastham was down for that. 

Can you remember did Stanley turn out, or is my memory deceiving me?   It might have been at the half-time game.

I remember on of those with Kenny Lynch & Jimmy Tarbuck playing, too.

Mathews did play in Gerry Byrnes, testimonial, from what I remember he played the whole game, and looked fit as a fiddle. I think the kop were shouting Mathews for England or something like that.My owl feller reckons he never saw him play at Anfield in a league game.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6425 on: August 8, 2010, 01:12:05 pm »
I can't remember he's second name, it's Bill something or other. He's a yank, lives over here though. He's a travel writer, supposedly one of the best. Anyway, I was flipping through channels one day and seen the Pier Head so I left it on. It was a show all about Liverpool by him. It had only just started so I watched it. It was really good. He loves Liverpool that fella. You could tell it wasn't phoney an all. He said he felt really welcome there, the only place in England where he did feel fully welcome as a yank. He might find that's changed a bit, I suppose. But you could see he genuinely enjoyed being there. He went in the Yankee Bar for a pint. But it was a really good show an all, all strange, quirky little stories. Ever heard of the Liverpool Mole? I'd heard of the fella before, but they went down into all his tunnels. Mad that. But anyway, it was really good and the yanks alright.

Yeah Bryson. I read one of his recently where he does a sort of tour of Britain before he returns home (for good, I think). He gave us a great write up in that book  - he obviously loves the place. He's a dead funny writer too.

And yeah Shanks I remember that game too and all the stories about Smithy having to control himself. I was recalling it to meself recently and couldn't quite make sense of how the two players were playing together in the same time-frame - and hadn't remembered that it was a testimonial.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline pooley

• Kopite
« Reply #6426 on: August 8, 2010, 02:43:07 pm »
I remember Tarbuck and Kenny Lynch playing in a game at half- time and someone was commentating on the tannoy. Someone cracked  a 'joke' about it being a good job the floodlights didn't fail because Kenny Lynch would have sneaked a goal while nobody could see him.

• Kopite
« Reply #6427 on: August 8, 2010, 03:41:42 pm »
Mathews did play in Gerry Byrnes, testimonial, from what I remember he played the whole game, and looked fit as a fiddle. I think the kop were shouting Mathews for England or something like that.My owl feller reckons he never saw him play at Anfield in a league game.

Thanks, mate.  I thought I was going senile, there.  He'd have been about 50 years old by then.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6428 on: August 8, 2010, 05:16:22 pm »
I was at Gerry Byrne's testimonial, the two things I can remembeer clearly were the weather, it was a bad night  but we were in the stands and a Young lad playing from Skelmesdale called Steve Heighway. Remember him because I asked my Dad who he was and my Dad, who knew everything about football, didn't know who he was. I thought he was brilliant, Shanks must have had an eye on him and used the testimonial as a trial or something.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6429 on: August 8, 2010, 05:24:44 pm »
Can anyone remember how much a bevvie was when they started on the booze. My first night on the ale, i got bladdered on 4 pints and it cost the sum of 1 pound! Think i still had enough change for chips too.

Happy days.
I remember that me and a group of mates aged about 15 sneaked out of Colomendy (I'm sure many Scousers on here will have been there) in North Wales to go to the local boozer up the road.  We had little practical pub experience and it must have been obvious to anyone with half a brain that we were under-age, given our proximity to Colomendy and our impenetrable Scouse accents showing that we were clearly schoolboys.  We ordered 11 glasses of mild (I would only drink mild these days at gunpoint) and I recall it cost the princely sum of 11 old pence a glass, about 4.5p or so in new money.  Those were the days indeed

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #6430 on: August 8, 2010, 05:34:09 pm »
I thought I'd throw this in here, as it would probably go over a lot of heads in the main forum..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VBso50xU8e0&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VBso50xU8e0&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;fs=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-B5Bn116ir8&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-B5Bn116ir8&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;fs=1</a>

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6431 on: August 8, 2010, 05:38:28 pm »
I remember that me and a group of mates aged about 15 sneaked out of Colomendy (I'm sure many Scousers on here will have been there) in North Wales to go to the local boozer up the road.  We had little practical pub experience and it must have been obvious to anyone with half a brain that we were under-age, given our proximity to Colomendy and our impenetrable Scouse accents showing that we were clearly schoolboys.  We ordered 11 glasses of mild (I would only drink mild these days at gunpoint) and I recall it cost the princely sum of 11 old pence a glass, about 4.5p or so in new money.  Those were the days indeed

The Loggerheads.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline gobshoite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6432 on: August 8, 2010, 05:41:31 pm »
Now then!

Fucks goin on in here? Yer go out on a little bender and when yer come back all hands are talkin about arl sweets and tar bubbles in the street, it's like throwin out time in the nursing home!

The Clock pub. Might be gettin mixed up but I'm sure one of me mates (or was it me?) told me about goin in there one night and all the ale was free because some fella had won the full wack the night before on that 'who wants to be a millionaire lark! I went on that meself and Tarrant told me mate on the phone that with his help I could win £100.

That was a nice day at St Georges Hall and Terry was sound but I was with a load of blues who kept draggin me into Ma Edges and the Big House so I missed quite a bit of it. There are LOADS of posts on here that I want to talk about but I've got a bit of a hangover so I'm slopin down the Brook for a few curers first. Read some dead funny stuff goin back through the posts, it's the only place on this forum I can bare to look nowadays!

No change there then!

Offline Wallingtonian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6433 on: August 8, 2010, 05:44:23 pm »
I was at that game and although Mathews did play he looked like someone's grandad.  I clearly recall him being on the wing running (running isn't quite right - more like hobbling, puffing and panting) at Geoff Strong.  Strong went along with the act and stood well off him, in the spirit of the game, rather than clatter him as he would have done with anyone else.  I'm pretty sure Mathews was 55 at the time, but looked about 10 years older to be honest.  But fair play to him for turning out at that age and for the Liverpool players letting him run with the ball a little although he was clearly many years past his best and looked just like someone's old man having a kickabout

Offline Wallingtonian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6434 on: August 8, 2010, 05:55:05 pm »
The Loggerheads.
I couldn't remember the name of it, but I know it was in Llanferres, which is due south down the main road outside Colomendy (and Loggerheads of course).  Jut checked boozers in Llanferres and it seems most likely that it was the Druid Inn.  On the map it's in exactly the location I remember

Offline Wallingtonian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6435 on: August 8, 2010, 06:12:32 pm »
Yeah Bryson. I read one of his recently where he does a sort of tour of Britain before he returns home (for good, I think). He gave us a great write up in that book  - he obviously loves the place. He's a dead funny writer too.

And yeah Shanks I remember that game too and all the stories about Smithy having to control himself. I was recalling it to meself recently and couldn't quite make sense of how the two players were playing together in the same time-frame - and hadn't remembered that it was a testimonial.
The Bill Bryson book is "Notes From A Small Island" and it's a great read, very funny indeed.  The TV series was based on it.  I can recommend any of his books.  You won't be disappointed if you get any of them.

He does have a real love for the UK and considers Liverpool to be his favourite city.  He said that in Liverpool you at least have a sense of being somewhere - whereas let's face it most UK provincial cities are fairly interchangeable in atmosphere (Leeds/Manchester/Birmingham etc are all much of a muchness and fairly bland places with little or no individual cultural identity)

He did move back to the USA for a while - to New Hampshire - to give his teenage kids the chance to experience life in another country, which he believes benefited him greatly.  However the pull of the UK got to him eventually and he's moved back and now resides in Norfolk I believe, having previously lived in North Yorkshire

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6436 on: August 8, 2010, 07:13:36 pm »
Now then!

Ahfuckinell where've you been. I was about to send the Sally Army out round all the boozers looking for yer.

And yeah, you're right.... it's rough out there, best stay in the tuck shop here.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6437 on: August 8, 2010, 07:14:17 pm »
Oh and yeah, that was it Bill Bryson, notes from a small Island.

Sound lad him.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6438 on: August 8, 2010, 07:15:37 pm »
Oh and oh....
Nice one Terry. Enjoyed that.

Piss up in The Clock when the yanks are wellied or what?

Offline gobshoite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6439 on: August 8, 2010, 08:51:34 pm »
92A,

I was reading one of your posts a while back when you were talking about working in Lloret De Mar. I was there during those years mate (like half of libpool) and when I read Your post I thought it was meself that wrote it. All the gaffs you mentioned I'd worked in, I had more jobs than Richard Kimble over there!

I'd be gettin the sack from everywhere for gettin up to all sorts but my best one had to be my demise from the Buccaneer pub. I was doing the door an that, meeting and greeting and giving out daft tickets but me mates inside were slippin me loads of San Mig out all the time and I was in and out of the bodega over the road. Anyway, I ends up having a 'smoke' in the entrance and falls asleep. While I'm 'out' a gang of German fellas on motorbikes drove through the doors, knocking over all hands on the dance floor before roaring off down the road. That muat have woke me up and when the Jock manager came running out screaming 'what happened?' I said 'I don't know, no ones been passed me!'

The funniest fella in the world worked over there then, Kenny lad called Gary who the Spaniards used to call 'Gary Manana' as he'd always order a scoff then just fuck off sayin manana lad, manana. His outfit was absolutely brilliant, big tweed suit jacket, t-shirt from the MA club on Sheil Rd, a pair of auld Speedos, bare legs, ankle socks, a pair of platforms like Gary Glitters and a roll up perched at the corner of his mouth. He was like a hero to all hands over there especially the Jocks who idolised the fella. Poor bastards in a home nowadays. It's always the finest China that breaks the easiest!

Just had a few down the Brook and that place is getting depressing. When areas start turning into bed-sitter land it's weird, the Flatty was shut but the Park and the other shit hole were full of poor fuckers nodding their heads over their glasses of mild. Best one though, daft Stewie asked in all seriousness, what kind of animal was a beef?

Had a good night in town last night with the Missus until she took the knock remarkably early. That Gay Pride lark was on and it was dead funny with some of the sights. I'd have traded her in for a few of those trannies if the truth was told, yer'd never have known but for the Gandalph beards. What is it with them fellas and the Nazi uniforms though? There were that many I thought I was in an episode of Colditz at one stage! Ended up eating in that La Lunya Spanish gaff where there was a 'buy one pay for three' special offer on.

Spoiled her by finishing up in the Winey and was brassick when we grabbed a cab home but an auld mate Alan was driving and did us proud.