Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4043598 times)

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #5960 on: July 15, 2010, 12:05:36 am »
Ah bollocks I meant to watch that, which channel was it on lads?  Might try and get it on catchup tomorrow night.

More 4. The film maker gets a bit pretentious but it was all there, including some great clips to the Sex pistols, his balance and grace is beautiful to watch and you get a great insight into what is important to him as a human being.His fundamental personal honesty runs through the film, overcoming any shortcomings .
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5961 on: July 16, 2010, 12:03:43 am »
Just recently 37, does that make me an Auld Arse.   ;D
Children should be seen and not heard!

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5962 on: July 16, 2010, 12:06:54 am »
Children should be seen and not heard!

Alright mate...where've you been hiding?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5963 on: July 16, 2010, 12:14:09 am »
Alright mate...where've you been hiding?
Still lurk on here,but tend to post more on the Raotl these days,spoke with FS recently.

How are the Gang?

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5964 on: July 16, 2010, 12:56:25 am »
Still lurk on here,but tend to post more on the Raotl these days,spoke with FS recently.

How are the Gang?

Ahhh yes he said.

Still waiting for my membership on there to be approved. I was going in to give FS a hand.
Mind you it's only been 2 years since I first applied.....so there's time yet.

All the arl arses are still going strong.....still moaning like big skirts and talking about clogs and cobbles.

Good to see you around anyway mate.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline inky2

• Legacy Fan
  • RED FOREVER
« Reply #5965 on: July 20, 2010, 09:29:10 pm »

All the arl arses are still going strong.....still moaning like big skirts and talking about clogs and cobbles.

and cheap ale

Good to see you around anyway mate.

TRACUTHB  *****

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5966 on: July 20, 2010, 09:32:26 pm »

How are the Gang?
Take no notice. He's selling zone tickets through Thomas Cookes. They're the new LFC passports, dontchaknow.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #5967 on: July 20, 2010, 11:49:51 pm »
Been readin this for ages, to young to be an auld un' though.

First game on the Kop was April '77 Reds v Man City. Reds won that day 2-1 with the following team

Clem
Neal Smith Hughes Jones
Case Mc Dermott Kennedy Highway
Keegan  Fairclough

Keegan (43) and Highway (78)

Me auld fella, after much meithering finally took me to the Kop as a ten year old lad.

I recall parking on waste ground in amongst the houses, where a young lad my age  balanced a brick on his shoulder then dropped it to the floor. As we got out of the car he asked  'mind your car mister', me Da' slipped him some money, and as we walked off I looked up at the giant that was Dad and said "what was that for Da".....

We arrived at the old Kop and joined the masses outside all singing and having a laugh, for a boy my age, the people, the smell, the atmosphere was amazing.

We got to the turnstile and me  Da said to the fella'  "alright la', its the boys first time, go 'ead, let him in for nowt, I'll buy you a bevvy after the match"..an elderly bloke smiled and clicked me in.  I looked up at my aul fella and said "Dad, how will you know which pub he'll be in"..

We won that day.

There were lads in the Kop who stood up on barriers and and walls and stuff so people couldnt see,  so the shout went up "fkin get down you scally bastid" and these lads just ignored it...hard faced, little urchins they were...just carried on where they were inspite of all hands giving them down the banks.

Match over and driven home with non-stop tellin me Da' how good the game was, Keegan was great, Emlyn was boss,Jones is nails while Da' sits there with that 'yes son' face  thinkin' how soon can I drop him with is Ma and get down the Ale House.

Which he did..leaving me at home,  "Ma..Ma, Emlyns is the best, Kennedy is awesome...."

He died last summer, August it was, I was in Wales when I got the call.

Miss you fella.

Offline hedonkop

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5968 on: July 20, 2010, 11:59:06 pm »
nice story mate.....and how vivid the memory was.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5969 on: July 21, 2010, 01:24:20 am »

That arl ground could tell a few tales, for most of us it's been the constant that we can measure our time by. From childhood to adulthood to fuckin senility, We still keep getting drawn back there.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5970 on: July 21, 2010, 02:15:53 am »

That arl ground could tell a few tales, for most of us it's been the constant that we can measure our time by. From childhood to adulthood to fuckin senility, We still keep getting drawn back there.

Couldn't it just.
I just had a flashback then to a gang of us at the cafe under The Kop trying to buy 6 pints of Higsons only to keep getting knocked back and some feller doing the honours for us without us even asking.

We must have been about 13 at the time....Billy Bigtimes eh?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #5971 on: July 21, 2010, 09:24:24 am »

That is so true mate, I remember a third round FA cup match V Accrington Stanley, we won 3-0 I think, I had difficulty seeing the pitch and some Stanley supporters lifted me up onto the barrier so I could see the game.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #5972 on: July 23, 2010, 12:41:05 am »
Posted this earlier in a thread about fans scrapping, looks like the thread got deleted so thought I'd re-post here

i remember Forest away, leaving the City Ground in 78/79 with me mate Danny. His Ma' used to take us to loads of aways. Bless you Margie.

We were heading to her car, walking in amongst the houses by the ground when a bunch of lads ran at us and collared us, the ring leader said  "who you with lads"..I had no idea what was goin on, they were grown men with long hair and bad 'taches, we were eleven. 

At this point Margie came waddling down the street and entered the fray. She took the ringleader by the hand and shook it while saying "they are with me, young man" at which point they all looked a bit embarrassed and kind of shuffled off (don't think that would happen today).

It was only later sat in the car when I thought we could've got battered there.

It was all part of the fun in them days...

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5973 on: July 25, 2010, 07:16:02 pm »
Couldn't it just.
I just had a flashback then to a gang of us at the cafe under The Kop trying to buy 6 pints of Higsons only to keep getting knocked back and some feller doing the honours for us without us even asking.

We must have been about 13 at the time....Billy Bigtimes eh?
Fuckinell, I thought you said Billy Bingham there.

Alright aul fellas, have a look out there.... frightening what's happened to us.

I'll get sniped for that, but hopefully not in here.

Fuckinell Robot-nick next. Trying to sort it out, life servin up lemons and making lemonade and all that end of the storm stuff.

Stretch Armstong. Great.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5974 on: July 25, 2010, 08:04:04 pm »
Anyone remember these....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5kiAJtwU00&feature=avmsc2

Shite video. Local Shop for local people on the mike, guitarists in make up, and Lilly Savage on drums. But still a great song. In fact, they was a great band, sadly under appreciated.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #5975 on: July 25, 2010, 08:29:46 pm »
...Alright aul fellas, have a look out there.... frightening what's happened to us.

Too right, it's really disheartening to say the least and I do worry sometimes about how easily swayed and distracted from the real issues many of our supporters seem to be these days. The shower in charge are so well practiced in sleight of hand and distraction techniques they make Derren Brown look like old David Nixon (remember him). I think maybe we aught to refer to them as the 'magic circle' from now on, all mysterious and secretive and not revealing how they do their tricks.
I just long for the old days when all you thought about was what happened on the pitch on Saturday.

Nevermind, I just popped in to say good luck with your test tomorrow Fats.

Let us all know how it goes.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5976 on: July 25, 2010, 09:00:47 pm »
Too right, it's really disheartening to say the least and I do worry sometimes about how easily swayed and distracted from the real issues many of our supporters seem to be these days. The shower in charge are so well practiced in sleight of hand and distraction techniques they make Derren Brown look like old David Nixon (remember him). I think maybe we aught to refer to them as the 'magic circle' from now on, all mysterious and secretive and not revealing how they do their tricks.
I just long for the old days when all you thought about was what happened on the pitch on Saturday.

Nevermind, I just popped in to say good luck with your test tomorrow Fats.

Let us all know how it goes.

You'll never hear the end of it.

But arsing about aside, it is amazing really mate.

The fuckers are still getting away with it. They'd be my heroes if I didn't hate them so much.

Do you ever remember that old Rod Steiger film, The Pawn Broker?

"Tell me, Mister Knackerman, how you make'a dee money?"

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5977 on: July 25, 2010, 09:02:39 pm »
Posted this earlier in a thread about fans scrapping, looks like the thread got deleted so thought I'd re-post here

i remember Forest away, leaving the City Ground in 78/79 with me mate Danny. His Ma' used to take us to loads of aways. Bless you Margie.

We were heading to her car, walking in amongst the houses by the ground when a bunch of lads ran at us and collared us, the ring leader said  "who you with lads"..I had no idea what was goin on, they were grown men with long hair and bad 'taches, we were eleven. 

At this point Margie came waddling down the street and entered the fray. She took the ringleader by the hand and shook it while saying "they are with me, young man" at which point they all looked a bit embarrassed and kind of shuffled off (don't think that would happen today).

It was only later sat in the car when I thought we could've got battered there.

It was all part of the fun in them days...

Only just noticed that.

Nice one Margie.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5978 on: July 25, 2010, 09:20:52 pm »
Only just noticed that.

Nice one Margie.

Good luck for your HGV test and all that tomorrow FS

but if it goes Tits up early on, your mission should you wish to accept it is to wedge a 38 tonner right through the doorway of here.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #5979 on: July 25, 2010, 09:41:40 pm »
Good luck for your HGV test and all that tomorrow FS

but if it goes Tits up early on, your mission should you wish to accept it is to wedge a 38 tonner right through the doorway of here.

bloody good one AL  good luck you auld sod tomorrow, do you need a mobile glued to your ear for this or is that just whitevan drivers F.S.

, me i have six weeks off now so post count will go up like a rocket but gives me more time to post letters now as well as email and do some transatlantic researching tomorrow !
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5980 on: July 25, 2010, 09:47:56 pm »
Arsing about aside... I'm shitting meself. But I know I can do it. Now fuck off, stop making me laugh, and leave me alone. I want to be miserable for awhile.

Offline Pilchard

• Kopite
  • Bring back the 'friendly' derbies
« Reply #5981 on: July 25, 2010, 09:51:21 pm »
Being an auld arse is noticing at the top of the page that there was a programme on about Maradonna, nearly treading on the cat while you look for the remote and spill tea on the table as you lob the cushion off the sofa cos you think thats where the remote might be, then when you find it you cant find the programme even though you hoped it might be on +1 or gold or whatever the channel calls its repeat channel..

Then realizing the post is  3 weeks old.

That and using long sentences without adequate punctuation, even though you punctuate your texts.
Scouse Separatist

Offline Pollywood

• Anny Roader
  • S O S No 1416
« Reply #5982 on: July 25, 2010, 09:51:50 pm »
Arsing about aside... I'm shitting meself. But I know I can do it. Now fuck off, stop making me laugh, and leave me alone. I want to be miserable for awhile.

Get to bed, relax and go for it. You can do it Fatty good luck.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #5983 on: July 25, 2010, 10:17:53 pm »
HGV test?

I hope you haven't caught any nasty diseases mate..

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5984 on: July 25, 2010, 10:20:48 pm »
HGV test?

I hope you haven't caught any nasty diseases mate..

I was thinking fuck me business must be good if FS needs a HGV to move his gear in.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rusty-la

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #5985 on: July 25, 2010, 10:29:45 pm »

Missed a few days like...whats the test forFats?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5986 on: July 25, 2010, 10:32:32 pm »
I was thinking fuck me business must be good if FS needs a HGV to move his gear in.
Fuck off will you, it's because things are so shite that I'm finally doing it. Should have done it years ago... but story of our lives, eh.

Anyway, half an hour on the old youtube tunes, and bed. Who knows, could end up driving Nelly Wilson's bus on his next tour.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5987 on: July 25, 2010, 10:57:56 pm »
Anyone remember these....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5kiAJtwU00&feature=avmsc2

Shite video. Local Shop for local people on the mike, guitarists in make up, and Lilly Savage on drums. But still a great song. In fact, they was a great band, sadly under appreciated.

Christ mate.......never heard of them.

Were they big on the South Coast?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5988 on: July 25, 2010, 11:32:08 pm »
Fuck off will you, it's because things are so shite that I'm finally doing it. Should have done it years ago... but story of our lives, eh.

Anyway, half an hour on the old youtube tunes, and bed. Who knows, could end up driving Nelly Wilson's bus on his next tour.

You kept that quiet eh mate.
If it's any consolation I took it some years back.
I just fancied doing it so I could drive up the arse of knobheads on the M6.

Cost me a fortune and the feller who taught me was fucking hopeless. Took me on all the possible test routes around Merseyside. Only to find out the day before my test that it was going to be in Manchester.
On the day of the test he took me around the Manchester test route he 'knew' we would be taking. Then he had me drive through the City centre so he could whistle at birds. Only to send me up a street that was too narrow to get the wagon through, right in the middlle of Manchester. I had to reverse it out onto Deansgate.....fucking knobhead.
I did the test but the examiner had a different idea of which route he actually 'knew' we were doing. Which obviously completely different to the one I'd been on.
The hill start was done during bin collection day on the South face of Mt Everest.
I failed for palming the steering wheel, which they didn't do in Mancland but apparently was fine on Merseyside......the examiner was a complete and utter twat.

I deffo passed my 2nd.....but got failed for not keeping my right turn indicator indicator on while I was in a right hand turn only filter lane at traffic lights and the 3rd test I drove like a combination of the 3 stooges, Postman Pat on the Specsavers advert and Mr Bean.

If you're now waiting for me to say I passed.....you're in for a long fucking wait.

I jibbed it after that.

Good luck though mate.
A little tip though. Make sure you have Vodka on your cornflakes in the morning and not Jim Beam. You want to stay alert.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5989 on: July 26, 2010, 12:12:28 am »
Seen this has turned into the HGV drivers thread, one of us arl arses has to step up to the platewith a pass. I've passed me HGV but it's not for the class One articulated, it's just a poxy class three, hopefully tomorrow we'll have a proper lorry driver on the thread.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #5990 on: July 26, 2010, 12:22:31 am »
I can just imagine the fat one bombing down the motorway whilst singing the Yorkie advert.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5991 on: July 26, 2010, 12:22:45 am »
No idea about this one.... best of luck in your test Fats xx   You seriously deserve it mate.  When you off?  Let us know how it goes.

Offline the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5992 on: July 26, 2010, 12:48:19 am »
Quote from: cowtownred on Today at 12:22:45 AM
No idea about this one.... best of luck in your test Fats xx   You seriously deserve it mate.  When you off?  Let us know how it goes.

All hands only want to know when and where, so they can avoid it tomorrow. Glad i'm nowhere near that Bournemouth, the bizzies will be shutting roads and allsorts if they here about this. No wonder he kept it quiet. Mind you after the last few days there's a few on here who'd accuse him of being a suicide trucker if they knew he was any where near lorries
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:51:56 am by The 92A »

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5993 on: July 26, 2010, 02:21:52 am »
Couldn't resist.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline rusty-la

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #5994 on: July 26, 2010, 02:32:21 am »
Couldn't resist.

funniest thing i've read for a while SB, last two are me faves'.

thinkin about it though, theres always a need for a driver on those Euro' away's....FS could drive the RAWK bus

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #5995 on: July 26, 2010, 02:58:18 am »
funniest thing i've read for a while SB, last two are me faves'.

thinkin about it though, theres always a need for a driver on those Euro' away's....FS could drive the RAWK bus

hes been driving the mods mad for a few days...lol...good luck FS
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5996 on: July 26, 2010, 07:24:26 pm »
Fuckin funny that. Sadly though, we bow has the same amount of strings as it did this morning. Oh well, not the end of the world, and nobody was maimed or too pyschologically damaged.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #5997 on: July 26, 2010, 07:42:39 pm »
....Sadly though, we bow has the same amount of strings as it did this morning. ....
I assume the news is not good. Cheer up, you can always try again. Be positive.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5998 on: July 26, 2010, 07:45:49 pm »
Unlucky mate - you can do it.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #5999 on: July 26, 2010, 08:02:53 pm »
I assume the news is not good. Cheer up, you can always try again. Be positive.
HGV positive?

Unlucky FS, you obviously didn't overtake on the motorway without indicating, and then hog the middle lane.