Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4043687 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #5920 on: July 13, 2010, 04:32:40 pm »
Tommy Hancock
Nah mate. Probably know him but I'm terrible with names anyway. I wasn't really in Kirkby that long. I was 12 when we moved there and I done one when I was 15 but I used to float in an out. Stay there for awhile and then do one again. But anyway, this lad's probably the best to ever come out of there....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuSbsp7FHbI

Funny enough, I just mentioned him in that Aquilani thread. That lad reminds me a bit of Terry. If he turns out to be half that good, we're in for something special.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #5921 on: July 13, 2010, 04:35:56 pm »
I have just had a look in my personal message inbox, this is a pm from al daas the lad I mentioned earlier as my link to my past at the Deysbrook.

Vic.
Sorry ive taken so long in replying but ive been busy getting scans ,xrays and all kinds of medical shit.
yes I remember the Deysie Times written by Phil(he lives in Llanduno now) and Tony has taken over as editor in chief, as always its good to hear from you and I'll pass on any good wishes to our  mutual freinds.
Take Care,
Have a good Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Bernie..

Tony is Phil's brother.

The next pm I got from him was this,

Vic.
Alright mate a bit of good news and bad.
The good news is that I saw Johnno last week and he wants to know when you'll be over again for a pint or six.
The bad news is me, I'm riddled with cancer and i've been told that there is nothing that can be done, I've learned to live with it to a certain extent and I'm going to have my wake dead or alive in the Deysie on the 12 feb, hope I'm alive 'cos it should be a good do.
Best wishes to you and yours, take care,
Bernie

I replied that I would do my utmost to be there with him but alas it wasn't possible I had hospital appointments of my own on that very day, I have a pacemaker for my heart and global arthritis in both knees, unfortunately they were appointments I couldn't cancel. I pm'd and pm'd but got no answer.

Then I found out by accident that one of our very own on here was his nephew, so I pm him and got this reply.

Hiya Vic.

Unfortunately he's no longer woth us mate. He had hos wake before he left us in the deysey the he left us about a week later. Was a nice send off.

His son Ste sometimes posts on here his user name is America Drinks.

Paul  (kesey on Rawk)

Don't really know why I am posting this, I suppose I was/am Gobsmacked at his acceptance of his death and the fact that he would  see and be with his mates and family before he died, I am so glad he made it and so sorry I didn't
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:38:17 pm by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Paddock77

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • The King and I
« Reply #5922 on: July 13, 2010, 04:36:39 pm »
Nah mate. Probably know him but I'm terrible with names anyway. I wasn't really in Kirkby that long. I was 12 when we moved there and I done one when I was 15 but I used to float in an out. Stay there for awhile and then do one again. But anyway, this lad's probably the best to ever come out of there....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuSbsp7FHbI

Funny enough, I just mentioned him in that Aquilani thread. That lad reminds me a bit of Terry. If he turns out to be half that good, we're in for something special.

Still one of my all time favourite goals - defending a corner at the Kop- bang bang bang - Terry Mac heads it into the Annie Road end net. Brilliant
" A bastion of invincibility"

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
  • Lifelong Rafa Supporter
« Reply #5923 on: July 13, 2010, 04:40:26 pm »
Tommy Hancock
A blast from the past.....

Played with Tommy For Holy Name, good lad

has he still got that sad moustache? ;)
Cut the Cancer from our club NOW!  Thank you Rafa for your class, dignity, humility...and for being one of us!

Offline Paddock77

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • The King and I
« Reply #5924 on: July 13, 2010, 04:42:17 pm »
A blast from the past.....

Played with Tommy For Holy Name, good lad

has he still got that sad moustache? ;)

Nah thankfully it went a few years back

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5925 on: July 13, 2010, 04:43:56 pm »
I have just had a look in my personal message inbox, this is a pm from al daas the lad I mentioned earlier as my link to my past at the Deysbrook.

Vic.
Sorry ive taken so long in replying but ive been busy getting scans ,xrays and all kinds of medical shit.
yes I remember the Deysie Times written by Phil(he lives in Llanduno now) and Tony has taken over as editor in chief, as always its good to hear from you and I'll pass on any good wishes to our  mutual freinds.
Take Care,

Bernie..

Tony is Phil's brother.

Vic.
The good news is that I saw Johnno last week and he wants to know when you'll be over again for a pint or six.
The bad news is me, I'm riddled with cancer and i've been told that there is nothing that can be done, I've learned to live with it to a certain extent and I'm going to have my wake dead or alive in the Deysie on the 12 feb, hope I'm alive 'cos it should be a good do.
Bernie

I replied that I would do my utmost to be there with him but alas it wasn't possible I had hospital appointments of my own on that very day, I have a pacemaker for my heart and global arthritis in both knees, unfortunately they were appointments I couldn't cancel. I pm'd and pm'd but got no answer.

Then I found out by accident that one of our very own on here was his nephew, so I pm him and got this reply.

Hiya Vic.

Unfortunately he's no longer woth us mate. He had hos wake before he left us in the deysey the he left us about a week later. Was a nice send off.

Paul  (kesey on Rawk)

Don't really know why I am posting this, I suppose I was/am Gobsmacked at his acceptance of his death and the fact that he would  see and be with his mates and family before he died, I am so glad he made it and so sorry I didn't

Sad that mate....kesey is a cracking lad.
He actually started this thread off.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
« Reply #5926 on: July 13, 2010, 04:46:01 pm »
Fats, was that the Railway by Kirkby Station? Had many a good battle with them in the Kirkby Newtown League. Would be around 72/ 73 when I was just a wee boy making my way in 'open age' footy

Remember playing for the Chaser against them, also the Carters Arms which was close by.

Some good players played for the Chaser then.

Still playin' now myself in the Vets over 40's league for the Shakespeare in Bootle. Great crack mate, 55 next birthday and it still gets you out on a Saturday. Its like being 18 again when you ring your Mrs after 6 pints at about 6 o'clock and ask her does she want to come down and join you with the lads!

Get told to F**k right off and stay out 'til closing.....great stuff!
Cut the Cancer from our club NOW!  Thank you Rafa for your class, dignity, humility...and for being one of us!

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
« Reply #5927 on: July 13, 2010, 04:56:57 pm »
AC Delco always had a good side as well, Eddy Wallace played for them. The Kraft who I think played in the County Com and had a boss pitch next to the East Lancs. Yorkshire Imperial, , Dickinsons. the RAFA with Terry O'Connor and the Sephtons 

Then there was the Lobster and the Oyster  from crocky, Played with Gerrard Keenan and Ben Forster.

The Crown on the Lancs, had a great time with them. Western approaches, when you look back there were good teams everywhere, and great players

Even 'H' had a good team when he took over Crocky Legion with Lundon. Lunty et al.

Amateur footy is nowhere near as good now as it was then.

Us arl fellas play our home games at Flinders Street now on Saturday afternoons and on the main pitch is (I think) Lucas's. Every week someone is wanting to fight someone, all smokin weed before K.O. and that is where the shooting started the other week with a Sunday league game, really sad!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5928 on: July 13, 2010, 05:02:58 pm »
Fats, was that the Railway by Kirkby Station? Had many a good battle with them in the Kirkby Newtown League. Would be around 72/ 73 when I was just a wee boy making my way in 'open age' footy

Remember playing for the Chaser against them, also the Carters Arms which was close by.

Some good players played for the Chaser then.

Still playin' now myself in the Vets over 40's league for the Shakespeare in Bootle. Great crack mate, 55 next birthday and it still gets you out on a Saturday. Its like being 18 again when you ring your Mrs after 6 pints at about 6 o'clock and ask her does she want to come down and join you with the lads!

Get told to F**k right off and stay out 'til closing.....great stuff!
Yeah mate. That's the one. But all old haunts of mine them pubs though. The Chaser was THE kopping off place on a Friday night. Got to love them nurses from Vazzacurley. As for playing again... well, that went out the window about 4 stone ago. Me knees went, just packed in. If I tried playing now, I'd probably cripple meself... and the doctor told me that. I did try playing again once. I couldn't walk for days. Me knees blow up like medicine balls, so that's that. Just glad I played, and now I can lie about how really great I was.

Sorry to hear that about your mate Vic. I don't know him, but I met young Kesey (Paul) once. A nice lad. He got in touch recently and said he would be passing through Bournemouth here, but he never did turn up. He's a bit like meself... got the wander lust. Everytime I hear from him, he's somewhere else.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5929 on: July 13, 2010, 05:04:18 pm »
AC Delco always had a good side as well, Eddy Wallace played for them. The Kraft who I think played in the County Com and had a boss pitch next to the East Lancs. Yorkshire Imperial, , Dickinsons. the RAFA with Terry O'Connor and the Sephtons 

Then there was the Lobster and the Oyster  from crocky, Played with Gerrard Keenan and Ben Forster.

The Crown on the Lancs, had a great time with them. Western approaches, when you look back there were good teams everywhere, and great players

Even 'H' had a good team when he took over Crocky Legion with Lundon. Lunty et al.

Amateur footy is nowhere near as good now as it was then.

Us arl fellas play our home games at Flinders Street now on Saturday afternoons and on the main pitch is (I think) Lucas's. Every week someone is wanting to fight someone, all smokin weed before K.O. and that is where the shooting started the other week with a Sunday league game, really sad!

That was the team I was thinking of when I mistakenly said the Oyster   ;D  and the Western Approaches, was Joe Murray still there then?
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
« Reply #5930 on: July 13, 2010, 05:06:54 pm »
Good move playing for the Chaser in them days  if ya know what I mean ;) selling spot the balls on a Friday was a guaranteed copping off opportunity, bit of posing as well cos you played for the Chaser....how sad were we......but it worked!

Great days!!

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
« Reply #5931 on: July 13, 2010, 05:09:16 pm »
Remember the name Vic but can't put a face to it. Remember Vinny Morrey and his brother Robert. Think Rob played for Marine on a Sat and the Western on a Sunday. Also Eddie Noon I think , or that may have been the Oyster.....old age plays tricks;)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5932 on: July 13, 2010, 05:10:36 pm »
The Lobster and the Oyster, I always forget which ones which. Which is the one around the corner from the Western? Me mate's brother used to have that one. Might still do for all I know. It's ages since I was up there. I had a bevvy in the Wessie about 3 or 4 years ago... fuckinell, had that gone done the nick. Used to be an alright alehouse in it's day. And I don't know what it's like now. Sound for all I know, but it was a midden last time I was in there.

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
« Reply #5933 on: July 13, 2010, 05:23:31 pm »
They are both a  fair old walk away but the Oyster is closer to the Western.

To be honest Fats they are all full of Plassy Gangsters now, a lot of the old characters are gone. Was in the Wessie about 6 months ago after a funeral and there was half a dozen lads 'sittin off' as they say wearing those armoured Anti Stab jackets for all to see. Part of the 'Crocky Crew' and all that shite.

A lot of the over 50's won't go in these gaffs anymore coz the kids 17-21 are all carrying and tooled up. When they get bored they just kick off and pick their mark and end up doing some poor bastard and his mate in for no reason. It is really sad. Some of the alehouses are almost no go now....

Offline benny

• Anny Roader
  • the road end united will never be defeated
« Reply #5934 on: July 13, 2010, 05:24:50 pm »
The Oyster is gone now .The Western is full of kids now shite you get the odd good day in there when theres a charity do or somethin but most of the time it's full of little fuckers.the Oyster was the one by the 14 terminus still got a team now run from Queen of mayrters  ,got beat in national cup final couple of years ago.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5935 on: July 13, 2010, 05:29:34 pm »
Remember the name Vic but can't put a face to it. Remember Vinny Morrey and his brother Robert. Think Rob played for Marine on a Sat and the Western on a Sunday. Also Eddie Noon I think , or that may have been the Oyster.....old age plays tricks;)

All those names are familiar to me but as you say old age plays tricks.

Joe Murray was one of the old gangsters of Liverpool, he was involved with that security van job a the Liver building, I think he knocked about with Philly Glennon, Cummerford ? nah can't remember the rest of them
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:32:37 pm by vicgill »

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
« Reply #5936 on: July 13, 2010, 05:32:07 pm »
Benny, it's sad mate. Crocky, Kirkby, Fazak used to have loads of tidy boozers you could have a bevy around. If you played against each other more often than not you went back to that boozer and if it was a sunday you would have a stay behind after the 2 o clock bar until 7 when it opened again.

You all new each other and we all met birds from those areas and vice versa. Now there are friggin 'no go zones' and you can't even park your car.

I tell you, amateur  footy and any type of cross community spirit is totally f***ed now.

Offline benny

• Anny Roader
  • the road end united will never be defeated
« Reply #5937 on: July 13, 2010, 05:47:28 pm »
I no mate played for crocky legion an Western me self some great times,used to go an watch the Wessie on a sunday,fuck that.You have got armed police walking round the pitch,load of shite.Used to look forward to me sunday morn footy,bastards have even spoilt that.
ps that was billy morrey who played for marine,thou you wouldn't have guessed it by looking at him now,he'd fit in to a pair of FS kecks.He was home from Oz at christmas,him an robbie run a team over there,in melbourne

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5938 on: July 13, 2010, 06:45:42 pm »
I know. It's dead sad. Such a shame. I wouldn't mind most of the kunts carrying on like that couldn't fight sleep. I don't even go into Kirkby when I go home now. I stay in me mate's in Bootle, not that that's much better. But I just swerve the likes of them kunts and enjoy me time with the good people. I still love Liverpool. It's the people. Me normal thing was to come up at least 3 or 4 times a year. Go the match, meet up with all me aul mates, go for a bevvy after and stay up for at least 3 or 4 days. Making sure I got me Mad Monday in. I still love going the Punch & Judy, Cooper's, and Yatsies. I know it's not like the old days, but there's still a laugh to be had round them pubs and still some great characters hanging round them.

Offline neilcart

• Kemlynite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #5939 on: July 13, 2010, 08:32:36 pm »
Breath of fresh air this thread. Thought I'd jump in as I've just got back from a fortnight in Liverpool from Oz. Had an absolute ball. Very true about some of the boozers in the suburbs - just 3 left on Park Rd now; a travesty. But town is something else. Me two oldest mates are on the cabs so can't get off the weekends but took me for 2 mad mondays - fucking state of the three of us; falling over and shite at our age. Took us for a pint in a place called Smokey Moe's - used to be the old Hoffenbrauhs where we'd go and watch the strippers before the match. Thing was I went there the Satday before with some other mates and thought it was shite - full of wooly backs on stag nights wearing nappies and that getting their slice of the Liverpool experience etc. On Monday it was full of arl scousers out for a laugh. We know the lad from the Dingle who runs it and me mate told him he wanted to make a complaint for letting in all the wooly backs at the weekend so quick as a flash he gave him an official complaints form to fill-in - a Willy Hills betting slip. Did Coopers, The Globe, Matthew St, Dale St et al. Got invited back to their hotel by 2 Scottish women we were having a laugh with - mate told them we'd be no good for them "couldn't raise a fuckin' eyelid girl never mind......"
Great place Liverpool with the best people on earth but can only do it every couple of yrs as me livers aots.
Carry on please lads.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5940 on: July 13, 2010, 08:49:05 pm »
Hoffenbraus.... Gloria The Jack The Ripper.

Yeah. It's great fun mate. I miss it terribly at times and if it wasn't for me grandkids I'd be back there in a minute. I couldn't do with out me babees though. I wouldn't last ten minutes.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5941 on: July 13, 2010, 08:49:47 pm »
Oh and Jolly Hockey Sticks. Anyone remember her?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5942 on: July 13, 2010, 08:59:28 pm »

Vic.
Take Care,

Bernie..

Tony is Phil's brother.

Vic.
Bernie

Hiya Vic.

Paul  (kesey on Rawk)

Flippin hec Vic, we have some stuff to deal with don't we. I'm wondering if FS has missed this post although he's been on since you posted it. Couple of years ago Kesey was having a bevvy in a pub in Bournemouth when he realised he was standing next to a big gobbed scouser - it was only FS wasn't it - small world mate, small world.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5943 on: July 13, 2010, 09:10:34 pm »
Flippin hec Vic, we have some stuff to deal with don't we. I'm wondering if FS has missed this post although he's been on since you posted it. Couple of years ago Kesey was having a bevvy in a pub in Bournemouth when he realised he was standing next to a big gobbed scouser - it was only FS wasn't it - small world mate, small world.
Nah John I mentioned it earlier. He still keeps in touch from time to time. He's a nice lad. Was supposed to come through Bournemouth on he's way home from France the other week. I was going to meet up with him. He's been bonking some Madamaselle out there. Posh one with a few bob. Got horses and that. Maybe he fell into her purse and settelled in.

Offline Jimmy Case

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5944 on: July 13, 2010, 09:16:27 pm »
Oh and Jolly Hockey Sticks. Anyone remember her?

I missed few games because of the jack the rippers in the Hoffenbrau. Couldn't drag meself out of the place. I remember all sitting round in a circle and watching them dead close up. It's nothing now but in them days it was a sight for sore eyes.
"Can I mind your car mister?" "No thanks lad, I've got an Alsation in the back"

"Can it put fires out?"

Online the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5945 on: July 13, 2010, 09:24:46 pm »
Last page been brilliant. being a bit younger than most of you, youngster of fourty nine, heard a few names that I know of but where a bit too young to know. Fazakerley lad myself, That Chaser great alehouse, boss jukebox. still can't hear songs like Riders of the storm without thinking back to the chaser, started drinking there about fourteen.

One of the lads I work with Peter Griff used to play in goal for the Oyster. He's going to work and as he passes the Western, he notices Wayne Rooney sitting outside, he recognises him because by this time Rooneys playing for Everton. he glances over and Rooney gets up and goes 'Alright mate, did you used to play in goal for The Oyster,' Griff says yeah, and Rooneys all made up, going 'I used to watch you when I was a kid and starts going through some of the names of The Oyster team, all starstruck' as if griff's this big superstar goalie. I wonder if he'd let on now?
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Paddock77

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • The King and I
« Reply #5946 on: July 13, 2010, 09:58:25 pm »
Last page been brilliant. being a bit younger than most of you, youngster of fourty nine, heard a few names that I know of but where a bit too young to know. Fazakerley lad myself, That Chaser great alehouse, boss jukebox. still can't hear songs like Riders of the storm without thinking back to the chaser, started drinking there about fourteen.

One of the lads I work with Peter Griff used to play in goal for the Oyster. He's going to work and as he passes the Western, he notices Wayne Rooney sitting outside, he recognises him because by this time Rooneys playing for Everton. he glances over and Rooney gets up and goes 'Alright mate, did you used to play in goal for The Oyster,' Griff says yeah, and Rooneys all made up, going 'I used to watch you when I was a kid and starts going through some of the names of The Oyster team, all starstruck' as if griff's this big superstar goalie. I wonder if he'd let on now?

Fuck me Griff. went to school with Griff. He lived in one of the houses at the entrance to the cem if I remember right.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5947 on: July 13, 2010, 10:08:50 pm »
Documentary just starting about Maradona. That's me gone. I love that little fat crazy bastard.

Online the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5948 on: July 13, 2010, 10:21:17 pm »
Fuck me Griff. went to school with Griff. He lived in one of the houses at the entrance to the cem if I remember right.

small world.

Documentary just starting about Maradona. That's me gone. I love that little fat crazy bastard.

FS, thats the definition of frustration, you haven't said which channell, Off to play with the remote.

Online the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5949 on: July 14, 2010, 12:07:48 am »
Just watched that Maradona documentry. Football genius, no other word for it. No wonder Blatter, Fifa and all the other hangers on hate him.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5950 on: July 14, 2010, 09:48:54 am »
Vic I can't believe you went for a 'side-kick' instead of going for power mate.....what were you thinking?

I bet you'd fallen out with the manager and your head wasn't there because he forgot to compliment you on the fragrance of your linement. Fucking disgraceful man management that.

.....and what about fighting with the centre half too.......lack of discipline, which is of course a lack of control from a manager who had clearly lost the dressing room.

It wasn't a side kick, I miskicked it , but it wasn't my fault, I went to the media (Philly) and told them I was crap because the manager didn't love me anymore, I spent a fortune on that linament too.

yes the manager lost the dressing room and we had a hell of a job finding it again

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5951 on: July 14, 2010, 12:52:51 pm »
It wasn't a side kick, I miskicked it , but it wasn't my fault, I went to the media (Philly) and told them I was crap because the manager didn't love me anymore, I spent a fortune on that linament too.

yes the manager lost the dressing room and we had a hell of a job finding it again

Brilliant!
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline ElmAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #5952 on: July 14, 2010, 01:37:21 pm »
Milestone reached -150 pages of auld arse talk- hear's to the next 150- great stories and memories

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5953 on: July 14, 2010, 05:08:32 pm »

small world.

FS, thats the definition of frustration, you haven't said which channell, Off to play with the remote.

I wouldn't like to paint it  ;D

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5954 on: July 14, 2010, 08:28:59 pm »
Just watched that Maradona documentry. Football genius, no other word for it. No wonder Blatter, Fifa and all the other hangers on hate him.
Funny bastard isn't he. I love the crazy fucker. Really enjoyed watching that. And I know he's bonkers but you've got to admire his stance. He doesn't give a toss, if they're on the radar, Bang. They get it. Couldn't believe the way he leathered into Bush, Blair and even Prince Charles.

You think he might get the sack for not winning the World Cup.... we need him in SOS.

And what a footballer, eh. Some of that stuff he done was just unbelivable. Power and pace, he had loads to spare. But I'm sick of watching Atheletes. I like footballers... touch, vision, grace, subtilty, guile. He had the lot that lad.

No doubt in my mind... the greatest footballer ever bar none.

Online the 92A

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5955 on: July 14, 2010, 10:53:31 pm »
When you watch him you realise that he was untouchable, the greatest footballer ever in my opinion, complete mastery of the ball, probably the nearest you get to being an artist as well as a footballer. Love the man, wears his heart on his sleeve and gets things wrong but there's an underlying honesty about him. He knows Blatter and co are corrupt and he's no problem telling the world, he could carve out a great existence as one of the 'football family' but he's too true to himself. His honesty about the cocaine and the effect it had on the kids etc. and seeing  him at the Boca match as a fan totally into it and as far away from the corporate prawn sandwich brigade as it is possible to be. No other word, Genius.

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #5956 on: July 14, 2010, 11:15:55 pm »
Ah bollocks I meant to watch that, which channel was it on lads?  Might try and get it on catchup tomorrow night.
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline bootroom boy

• Kopite
« Reply #5957 on: July 14, 2010, 11:20:07 pm »
Maradona greatest footballer ever?
Come on lads what about Edison Arantes de Nascimento?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5958 on: July 14, 2010, 11:27:42 pm »
It was on one of them moody channel 4's. E4 or more 4 or something. It was a bit bonkers. The film fella went off on one, all sorts of shite padding it out. But it was great, and Maradonna himself, every time he was on the screen, playing, talking, sick or well, doing nothing, whatever, just impossible not to watch him. Nutter, but larger than life.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5959 on: July 14, 2010, 11:28:00 pm »
Maradona greatest footballer ever?
Come on lads what about Edison Arantes de Nascimento?
Not a patch on him.