Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4036670 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #10080 on: December 25, 2010, 03:10:28 am »
May God bless and keep you always,
May your wishes all come true,
May you always do for others
And let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung,
May you stay forever young,
Forever young, forever young,
May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous,
May you grow up to be true,
May you always know the truth
And see the lights surrounding you.
May you always be courageous,
Stand upright and be strong,

May your hands always be busy,
May your feet always be swift,
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful,
May your song always be sung,

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2lg3pIXYrJM?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2lg3pIXYrJM?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
Nice one shanks. I doon't know what to say cos thats sort of ok

"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #10081 on: December 25, 2010, 06:31:17 am »
Have a great and very happy Christmas folks - whatever you're doing this holiday,  do it well and do it with dignity.

Tarra for now!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10082 on: December 25, 2010, 09:35:50 am »
Have a good Christmas everyone.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rafa_thebosphorus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10083 on: December 25, 2010, 09:46:43 am »
someone say turkey ?

heres a song about wrapping your pressies

wrap them well, wrap them well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFkPhus8Q-w
any excuse eh ?

hope all you and yours have a great day. 

happy christmas one and all.

oh and the lot of yer can get stuffed

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #10084 on: December 25, 2010, 10:09:44 am »
leo is that your name fats, i knew a leo back in the days in bournemouth he was a snazzy dresser with slicked back hair, he was more a mate of warrington pete a good mate of mine than me, the last time i spoke to him was at jimi woods funeral, and he had put on a bit of weight but still looked good, surely not.

nah mate, if he looked good it couldn't be our Leo  ;D
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #10085 on: December 25, 2010, 10:48:28 am »
Merry Christmas one and all and just for Vic, Felice Navidad (sp)

Terry, love the new you

Andy - don't you ever sleep?

"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #10086 on: December 25, 2010, 10:52:14 am »
Andy - don't you ever sleep?
Yeah JP, 2 hours on Saturday and 4 on Sunday whether I need to or not ;) Happy Xmas all again...
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #10087 on: December 25, 2010, 10:55:52 am »
Suppose it comes to us all and I guess we would rather it did not. :'(

Did the phone the family for Chrimbo act. Rang me fav Auntie who's in her late 70's. Early stages of dementia are talking a toll.
We had one of those round-about chats. Appears I'm still at school and should be thinking of me future. Then she asked after the missus.

I've grand memories of her when I lived with her for a few years so it was no biggie to hear the rambling.
A wonderful lady. Bless

Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
    • HOME OF THE EXILED-SCOUSER
« Reply #10088 on: December 25, 2010, 11:07:47 am »
Nollaig chridhell agus bliadhna mhath ur! To you auld arses.
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10089 on: December 25, 2010, 11:50:59 am »
For me Da....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOAfIeAG3GI&feature=related

Don't half miss the aul bastard.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10090 on: December 25, 2010, 11:59:03 am »
Me aul fella used to go out putting the world to rights in the Union Powers all day, come home blotto. There wouldn't be a crust in the house, and he'd come in singing Eidelvice thinking we was the Von Trapp family. Just thought of this cos it's Crimbo an I wish the aul kunt was on the couche. Don't half miss him.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10091 on: December 25, 2010, 12:34:16 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R0o3AROKPWw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/R0o3AROKPWw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;version=3</a>

Brought a tear to the eye that.

Bet the lad was made up.

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
  • Lifelong Rafa Supporter
« Reply #10092 on: December 25, 2010, 12:37:04 pm »
Shanks, is that the same song as Rod Stewart's Forever Young ?
Cut the Cancer from our club NOW!  Thank you Rafa for your class, dignity, humility...and for being one of us!

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #10093 on: December 25, 2010, 12:39:10 pm »
Nollaig chridhell agus bliadhna mhath ur! To you auld arses.
That's easy for you to say..

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10094 on: December 25, 2010, 12:47:39 pm »

Tis Northern talk. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Gaelic....

Anyhoos, Many Merries to you lot. Make me proud to be able to share these times.

Bless you and YNWA
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #10095 on: December 25, 2010, 01:40:40 pm »

Gaelic sounds well funny in a scouse accent.
You won't get me flicking on a (football) phone in.  I'd rather listen to a game of chess on the radio.  Phone ins are a platform for idiots.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10096 on: December 25, 2010, 02:28:15 pm »
No reason, just wanted to put it in...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfFBdViZHzk

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10097 on: December 25, 2010, 03:53:25 pm »
Just come in to wish yous all a Merry Chrimbo and a happy New Year boys and girls. Watched that 34th street the other day Leo for the first time, Me missus absolutley loves Christmas and goes out her way to make it special, throws a big party on Chrimbo eve, with an open invite to everyone, freinds relations people in the street, I'm  a miserable git can't be arsed with it all but go along with it for her. Well the other day she asks me to watch the black and white 34th street and I humour her, never seen it before and do you know what, I end up all sentimental and sort of get it why she bothers and end up sort of proud of her for bothering ( I won't tell her that) because for all the shite you still hope for a bit of decency in people. Anyway all the best you arl bastards, best thread on here.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 03:54:59 pm by The 92A »
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline SmithdownAndy

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC. Did You Really Think We Would Leave You Dying
« Reply #10098 on: December 25, 2010, 04:05:01 pm »
Oh well I'm stuffed like a pig, never should've had that last mince pie, hope you all got what ye wanted and had a great day, off for a kip so look after  yourselves and keep the noise down I'm knackered :)
Rest In Eternal Peace Ray (shanklyboy) - Gone but will NEVER be forgotten

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10099 on: December 25, 2010, 04:17:49 pm »
Just come in to wish yous all a Merry Chrimbo and a happy New Year boys and girls. Watched that 34th street the other day Leo for the first time, Me missus absolutley loves Christmas and goes out her way to make it special, throws a big party on Chrimbo eve, with an open invite to everyone, freinds relations people in the street, I'm  a miserable git can't be arsed with it all but go along with it for her. Well the other day she asks me to watch the black and white 34th street and I humour her, never seen it before and do you know what, I end up all sentimental and sort of get it why she bothers and end up sort of proud of her for bothering ( I won't tell her that) because for all the shite you still hope for a bit of decency in people. Anyway all the best you arl bastards, best thread on here.
Ah fuck off and gizza big kiss.

I love it. Watched Man Who Would Be King today.... nearly as good as 34th street, and that's big  praise.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 04:21:47 pm by Fat Scouser »

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10100 on: December 25, 2010, 04:33:35 pm »
My eldest 3 lads (all staunch reds) from me first marriage came down earlier with some pressies and a few bob for me, God love them.
All we did was talk about the state we're in with the LMA one.
Comes to something when all you've got to talk about on Christmas day is Audrey, Gonzo the muppet Roberts?

Me 16 year old's at his girlfriends, and me 12 year is at his mates.

The Missus is a nurse and she's working til 10 tonight, so I'm sitting here on me jack drinking tea, believe it or not.
I'll crack a few bottles open when she's finished work.

I wish me Mam and Dad were still here.
I miss them most days, but especially at Christmas time...

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #10101 on: December 25, 2010, 04:59:53 pm »
For me Da....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOAfIeAG3GI&feature=related

Don't half miss the aul bastard.

Ah, Edelweiss. That takes me back about twenty-five years ago when I was in the fire brigade at Forest Hill. Upstairs in the snooker room we had this arl stereogram thing - you lot know what I mean. It played pretty well, but we only had one record and you wasn't allowed to bring any others in. The record was the soundtrack from 'The Sound of Music'. You could put it on at any time and not only at any volume but also at any speed, and it was accepted custom that no-one was allowed to acknowledge the fact or even pass comment. Many was the night that The Lonely Goatherd at 78rpm and top volume haunted the dreams of the confused denizens of Forest Hill - it was also a great wind-up if we had any firemen from other stations 'standing-by' at our place.

Guvsy's bedroom was immediately below but he just had to take it on the chin - a bit like the time we all snook into the snooker room in the dead of night for our only confirmed contact with the multi-gym; we all got round the machine and simultaneously hoisted every weight off the ground and on the count of three, released! The whole station (one of those steel-framed jobbies, rang like a bell for about a minute, but by then (like popeye's nephews) we were all fast asleep in  bed.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10102 on: December 25, 2010, 05:06:12 pm »
My eldest 3 lads (all staunch reds) from me first marriage came down earlier with some pressies and a few bob for me, God love them.
All we did was talk about the state we're in with the LMA one.
Comes to something when all you've got to talk about on Christmas day is Audrey, Gonzo the muppet Roberts?

Me 16 year old's at his girlfriends, and me 12 year is at his mates.

The Missus is a nurse and she's working til 10 tonight, so I'm sitting here on me jack drinking tea, believe it or not.
I'll crack a few bottles open when she's finished work.

I wish me Mam and Dad were still here.
I miss them most days, but especially at Christmas time...
but you've got a festive name if fuck all else. Beats me by two

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10103 on: December 25, 2010, 05:13:11 pm »
Sound that Doc. You'd have loved me Da. a gallon a day, world to rights and a sing song. Head of the Merseyside fie brigade for years, good man but a proper nutter

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #10104 on: December 25, 2010, 05:24:49 pm »
Sound that Doc. You'd have loved me Da. a gallon a day, world to rights and a sing song. Head of the Merseyside fie brigade for years, good man but a proper nutter

Some of the stories you come up with about yer folks Fats, I'm just amazed you turned out so normal. :o
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10105 on: December 25, 2010, 05:32:48 pm »
Some of the stories you come up with about yer folks Fats, I'm just amazed you turned out so normal. :o
nah mate, boss people. I'm the wrong un

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10106 on: December 25, 2010, 05:52:25 pm »
Some have posted songs that mean a lot to them, especially at this time of year.

I have come to dread Christmas, since most of the relatives I loved have passed on.

I was fortunate to have been brought up in a family where every Christmas we gathered round the piano at my Grandma's and spent the night singing all the old songs - many you wont know the names of, but to me now they are as familiar as anything I hear on the radio and evoke memories of a happy time when I was surrounded by people I loved.

I miss those people now and wish I could once again see them gathered round that old piano and hear them sing songs like this (sorry, they are a bit old fashioned now!) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swIip6fg2uU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZtWNlCTc6o&feature=related
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 05:59:50 pm by montysmum »
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Pollywood

• Anny Roader
  • S O S No 1416
« Reply #10107 on: December 25, 2010, 06:09:08 pm »
Ah montysmum that brings back memories of my Dad he used to play Maggie all the time wish he was still here.

Merry Christmas to all you auld  arses hope you have all had a good water and feed.

Whoops

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10108 on: December 25, 2010, 06:52:34 pm »
Thanks Pollywood.  Must admit I am feeling a bit maudlin (if that is the right word) remembering it all.  Too much Bailey's and mince pie I guess.

Lets hope the New year gives us all something to be happy about. :scarf
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Pollywood

• Anny Roader
  • S O S No 1416
« Reply #10109 on: December 25, 2010, 07:58:34 pm »
Think everyones the same this time of year montysmum , we all get emotional nothing wrong with that we wouldnt be human if we didnt miss those that have gone.
 Probably brought up with the same type of music you were,  got that way even when mum and dad where out we still used to play Guy Mitchell and Patsy Cline as well as all my Motown.

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10110 on: December 25, 2010, 10:22:24 pm »
Ta very much for the  sh*t all over the room, ya mongrel dog. Barsteward got hold of the roast duck skin. Ate it and left pressies, stinking, loose ones to greet us. Bah Humbug :no
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Pollywood

• Anny Roader
  • S O S No 1416
« Reply #10111 on: December 25, 2010, 10:37:01 pm »
Ta very much for the  sh*t all over the room, ya mongrel dog. Barsteward got hold of the roast duck skin. Ate it and left pressies, stinking, loose ones to greet us. Bah Humbug :no

Ha ha thats what you get for leaving him Home Alone :)

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
« Reply #10112 on: December 25, 2010, 11:41:56 pm »
Merry Christmas to Auld Arses everywhere. Had to travel down to Liverpool this morning to visit me mam in Fazakerley hospital,  sad to see so many people in hospital over Christmas. I have had a great day surrounded by my kids and grandkids, I hope everyone is stuffed full of Christmas spirit, I know I am. Here is my musical offering.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg94cXAqPcs&feature=related
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #10113 on: December 26, 2010, 12:06:46 am »
Ah well, that's that for another year, hope everyone had a good time. :wave

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10114 on: December 26, 2010, 12:07:36 am »
Always loved this one as a kid..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2AzEY6ZqkuE?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2AzEY6ZqkuE?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10115 on: December 26, 2010, 01:04:41 am »
Merry Christmas to everyone.  This is by far the best thread on the forum.  Class.
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10116 on: December 26, 2010, 01:19:46 am »
Damn, welled up again.... Harry Nilsson was a fav. :'(

Mongrel dog was not home alone. He was with me....maybe that's why  :lickin
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline casey

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #10117 on: December 26, 2010, 01:30:44 am »
Harking back to Alder Hey the Christmas my girl was in there.  She was in cardiac intensive care and that many santas plus the Liverpool team had been in we had to take most of the prezzies home so the nurses had room to work.  The canteen wasn't open on Christmas day and the staff had brought alsorts of goodies in and invited the parents to join in.  It was just such a brillient atmosphere.  Then New Years morning we travelled in as usual to see Laura, and she was off the ventilator which we had been told wouldn't happen for a few weeks.  Laura decided that morning the first day of 91 to rag it out herself while the nurse was filling in her chart.  Suffice to say she coped well enough in an oxygen box and didn't need to be put on a vent again.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10118 on: December 26, 2010, 01:32:42 am »
Shanks, is that the same song as Rod Stewart's Forever Young ?

No mate.
Rod Stewarts version bordered on being a complete rip off of the original version by Dylan though.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline pewithree3

• Has a grumpy old female arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10119 on: December 26, 2010, 08:27:34 am »
Sitting down for Christmas dinner, she says, "I forgot the Cranberry sauce", out into the kitchen
and comes back and puts a big lump on her plate and then the air was blue.
It was strawberry jam not cranberry, me sitting there trying not to laugh too much!