Author Topic: Hicks calls for Parry's resignation  (Read 104959 times)

Offline johnnyf

• Anny Roader
Re: Hicks calls for Parry's resignation
« Reply #1200 on: April 11, 2008, 01:36:13 am »
Johnnyf, thats not entirely true.

Rafa made that money his own, because:

1). IF he gets us to Moscow, we'd have earnt £100 million via his CL success, even if we don't get to Moscow, that's still a lot (£75mill or so)

2). Rafa has the ability to sell players on for a good value, usually more for than we originally paid, Sissoko a perfect example, with Carson and Crouch to be added to that list in due course.
But Hick`s took the gamble on Torres,Babel,Skittles and Masch before we got to the QF`s.
Faith in Rafa

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1201 on: April 11, 2008, 01:37:46 am »
God your stubborn.Do you seriously think that Hicks is putting himself in a position where his investment/loans will put him in debt.Do you think he doesn`t know that investment in the club will lead to greater profits.Do you seriuosly think that this Amarican BILLIONAIRE is making a mistake.Do you think if he`s still the owner in a few yrs he`ll be bankrupt and our club in ruins.He a leverage expert.He started out with nothing and knows that between the new stadium,naming rights and tv revenue plus trophy winnings he can make a fortune.So far he`s leveraged the club to add to the squad and plan a new stadium.he`s here to make money and a sucessfull liverpool can only increase his profit.

LIVERPOOL FC IS NOT ABOUT PROFIT LAD, ITS ABOUT RESPECT, DIGNITY, PRIDE, HARD WORK, RIGHTEOUSNES, DEDICATION, MOTIVATION, WINNING AND LOYALTY.

HICKS IS NOT GOOD FOR LIVERPOOL FC. I DONT CARE IF HE MADE £100 MILLION PROFIT A SEASON, HIS ACTIONS WONT BE TOLERATED.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL THAT THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT MONEY/PROFIT, ITS ABOUT A WAY OF LIFE ...

TOM HICKS CAN BURN IN FUCKING HELL THE c*nt

Offline grobb

• Main Stander
« Reply #1202 on: April 11, 2008, 01:38:00 am »
"the beginning of a new era" parry said  last year, an era for the worse , so now save lfc parry and kick gh backsides

apparentley g was too busy writing to parry than to watch us on tv beating arsenal

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1203 on: April 11, 2008, 01:38:13 am »
But Hick`s took the gamble on Torres,Babel,Skittles and Masch before we got to the QF`s.
So did George Gillet and he also thinks he's a c*nt

So what does that make you?
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline justarslan

• Legacy Fan
  • Join Spirit Of Shankly!
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #1204 on: April 11, 2008, 01:38:21 am »
Geroge, Hicks, and Parry are bloody c*nts. We should only support Liverpool Football Club (Rafa and players).
I want to hold my hands up and apologise to Rafa.
Give me the cold steel of the European Cup over a warm smile any day.

Offline johnnyf

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1205 on: April 11, 2008, 01:38:57 am »
Does anyone think we may have a fighting chance under his ownership?

I ask because it seems more and more likely that he'll be in full control soon enough.

I know he's fucked up everything he's touched. I hate the man with a passion. But it seems the difference between one or two ridiculed posters and the rest of the herd is that one or two can see thru the cloud of hatred and have some hope. I prefer to be one of the former. I simply hope to god that johnnyf could be right.

At least we all know Hicks is out to make money, and in general terms footballing success and financial success go hand in hand. Maybe, just maybe, for his own good, he'll realize he needs to make some decisions for the betterment of the club, and while he may never 'win us back,' I have hope that he may yet do something good for the legacy of this great club.
That`s been my point today.He`s no fool.he must know that signing expensive players(Torres,Masch etc) means more revenue.
Faith in Rafa

Offline Benno_lfc

• Lock shock & ridiculous. Annoying Feedback Tourist #3
  • Anny Roader
  • My artwork at it's finest.
« Reply #1206 on: April 11, 2008, 01:40:03 am »
LIVERPOOL FC IS NOT ABOUT PROFIT LAD, ITS ABOUT RESPECT, DIGNITY, PRIDE, HARD WORK, RIGHTEOUSNES, DEDICATION, MOTIVATION, WINNING AND LOYALTY.

HICKS IS NOT GOOD FOR LIVERPOOL FC. I DONT CARE IF HE MADE £100 MILLION PROFIT A SEASON, HIS ACTIONS WONT BE TOLERATED.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL THAT THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT MONEY/PROFIT, ITS ABOUT A WAY OF LIFE ...

Thats a little....agressive?

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1207 on: April 11, 2008, 01:40:23 am »

he also wanted rafa out and klingfilm in.

but he didnt, not because he didnt want to, but because we didnt let him.

thoughts like yours would've allowed such stuff. thank god your the only red like that

Offline johnnyf

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1208 on: April 11, 2008, 01:40:49 am »

The point I`m making is that if Hick`s is only in this for the money then he`ll make a bigger profit by financing a sucessfull team.
Faith in Rafa

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1209 on: April 11, 2008, 01:41:05 am »
Thats a little....agressive?

yes .. yes it is

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: April 11, 2008, 01:41:43 am »
Does anyone think we may have a fighting chance under his ownership?

I ask because it seems more and more likely that he'll be in full control soon enough.

I know he's fucked up everything he's touched. I hate the man with a passion. But it seems the difference between one or two ridiculed posters and the rest of the herd is that one or two can see thru the cloud of hatred and have some hope. I prefer to be one of the former. I simply hope to god that johnnyf could be right.

At least we all know Hicks is out to make money, and in general terms footballing success and financial success go hand in hand. Maybe, just maybe, for his own good, he'll realize he needs to make some decisions for the betterment of the club, and while he may never 'win us back,' I have hope that he may yet do something good for the legacy of this great club.

Nope.

This is the man that said '"This business has to do with fan affinity and brand devotion. It doesn't necessarily have to do with winning." He can NEVER 'win' us back, its gone too far.

Also, why do you think its likely he will be the sole owner soon? Do you know something we don't. The way I'm seeing it is he is the minority in the boardroom, Gillett is refusing to sell to him and banks are turning him down left right and centre. Is this a fair assessment?

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1211 on: April 11, 2008, 01:42:00 am »
johnnyf, this issue has been debated for months here. You're just bringing up a load of tendentious crap.

What does it tell you when Gillet hates the man so much he won't even sit in the same room as him?

Do you think this looks like a man fit to own Liverpool?

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:43:54 am by Stussy »
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline johnnyf

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1212 on: April 11, 2008, 01:42:09 am »

thoughts like yours would've allowed such stuff. thank god your the only red like that
We were 4th in the CL and had just been beaten 3-1 by Reading.I was calling for Rafa`s head then.I wasn`t alone.
Faith in Rafa

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: April 11, 2008, 01:42:27 am »
The point I`m making is that if Hick`s is only in this for the money then he`ll make a bigger profit by financing a sucessfull team.

not true at all

read the letter from the rangers fan that i posted, he made a lot of money off building a team down, go on, read the letter and then your debate is finished. on page 59 or 60 i think

good night

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: April 11, 2008, 01:42:34 am »
yes .. yes it is

Stop feeding them mate
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1215 on: April 11, 2008, 01:42:40 am »
So did George Gillet and he also thinks he's a c*nt

So what does that make you?

answer me shitehouse

You've repeatedly stated that he can't afford for it to fail but can does the ability to make us a success?
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1216 on: April 11, 2008, 01:43:12 am »
Article in today's echo 4pool and they used UEFA's numbers

I found it.

But that 100 mil is over 4 seasons and based on reaching 3 finals. And God willing we do.

The club won't earn 100 mil this season.

And, as ever, the press look at the TV revenue and forget all the associated costs to get that far. The extra matches, travel expenses, etc. But we do make money in the end. That is the point.

I noticed Tony Barrett did say--except salaries. And as Gerrard, Carragher, Alonso, Reina, etc have renegotiated their contracts--Mascherano too when he signed on-- that means the weekly payroll has escalated exponancially. And that is what happens with successfull sides.

Supporters think every bit of revenue should be used on transfers---when there are other costs that go us as well.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline johnnyf

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1217 on: April 11, 2008, 01:43:19 am »
The bootlicker of a c*nt.

Very mature input.
Faith in Rafa

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1218 on: April 11, 2008, 01:44:03 am »
I'm telling you ... it won't surprise me if Hicks gets "bundled into the back of a car" somewhere soon, never to be seen again.  The prick needs 'sorting'.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: April 11, 2008, 01:44:31 am »
We were 4th in the CL and had just been beaten 3-1 by Reading.I was calling for Rafa`s head then.I wasn`t alone.

Proves your stupidity. First game we lost all season and had a game in hand. We weren't 4thin CL we were 2nd and then beat Marseille midweek to ensure qualification, downfall came against Man U.

Anyways, im off

Offline mickdundee

• Kopite
« Reply #1220 on: April 11, 2008, 01:44:31 am »
An elimination chamber with Rafa as the referee?
For sure, non?

Yeah! Hicks can be Sgt. Slaughter and Parry, well he can just be Coco!! he could juggle in the ring, before unleashing a DDT. Hicks son can be the Undertaker cos he's about 9ft.

Or a celebrity death match....
Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by wankers." Former Australian captain Laurie Daley

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1221 on: April 11, 2008, 01:44:39 am »
We were 4th in the CL and had just been beaten 3-1 by Reading.I was calling for Rafa`s head then.
Well that's a surprise

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: April 11, 2008, 01:44:40 am »
Very mature input.

Hicks is a c*nt. You're licking his boots. It's accurate.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Benno_lfc

• Lock shock & ridiculous. Annoying Feedback Tourist #3
  • Anny Roader
  • My artwork at it's finest.
« Reply #1223 on: April 11, 2008, 01:44:44 am »
Right erm, im going. This is giving me a fucking headache.

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: April 11, 2008, 01:45:13 am »
That`s been my point today.He`s no fool.he must know that signing expensive players(Torres,Masch etc) means more revenue.
Oh please fuck off with your one liner that Hicks is responsible for getting those players,if thats the case you can give the other yanky twat just as much cock sucking praise,bottom line is Hicks has undermined our season since October through his actions and loud mouth,he's not wanted by the majority and must go.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: April 11, 2008, 01:45:20 am »
I can't be arsed to refute everything JohnnyF says anymore, hes like a yapping dog in a old garden that just needs to be put down.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1226 on: April 11, 2008, 01:45:27 am »

Says it all.

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #1227 on: April 11, 2008, 01:45:34 am »

Get over yourself mate.

There was a breakdown between Rafa and the owners when Rafa was denied funds for the window. Rafa threw a tantrum, and Hicks (like any owner would) started looking around for another manager if the need arose. I know, he chose that dumbass klinsman, but it couldve easily been a case of the first person he interviewed, or even that Klinsman happened to be in the same country.

Once relations improved, Rafa stayed. Sure, our protests could've had something to do with it, but they may have just done the simple job of letting Hicks know that Rafa has the fans full support.

I dont know where you get off saying that that him thinking Hicks could actually be good for this club means he automatically thinks Rafa should leave.

"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: April 11, 2008, 01:45:39 am »
I found it.

But that 100 mil is over 4 seasons and based on reaching 3 finals. And God willing we do.

The club won't earn 100 mil this season.

And, as ever, the press look at the TV revenue and forget all the associated costs to get that far. The extra matches, travel expenses, etc. But we do make money in the end. That is the point.

I noticed Tony Barrett did say--except salaries. And as Gerrard, Carragher, Alonso, Reina, etc have renegotiated their contracts--Mascherano too when he signed on-- that means the weekly payroll has escalated exponancially. And that is what happens with successfull sides.

Supporters think every bit of revenue should be used on transfers---when there are other costs that go us as well.

Nobody said it was £100m this season so i've no idea (i do) why you felt the need to point that out,Europe alone has brought in £70m not including this season.
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline johnnyf

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1229 on: April 11, 2008, 01:45:46 am »
Right erm, im going. This is giving me a fucking headache.
Goodnight lads.
Faith in Rafa

Offline SoylentGreen

• Main Stander
  • TRUE force
« Reply #1230 on: April 11, 2008, 01:45:58 am »
Now 100% serious, why can't one of us just kill that fat pig-fucker Hicks? or why don't we all chip together and hire someone to gut the fucker? I for one would be willing to pay.
Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the c*nts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up.

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1231 on: April 11, 2008, 01:47:35 am »

I've put some valid question's to you Johnnyf now answer them or fuck off

Offline johnnyf

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1232 on: April 11, 2008, 01:48:29 am »
I've put some valid question's to you now answer them or fuck off

It`s 1.47 in the morning,if you don`t mind i`ll retire to bed.Is that ok?
Faith in Rafa

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1233 on: April 11, 2008, 01:48:34 am »
not true at all

read the letter from the rangers fan that i posted, he made a lot of money off building a team down, go on, read the letter and then your debate is finished. on page 59 or 60 i think

good night

One Rangers fans letter.

And that's the only opinion you want to go by because it suits your purpose.

Why didn't you link the petition to have Hicks sell the Rangers? Last i checked nearly half of those who signed--and it was less than 200 at the time-- were Liverpool supporters.

So you think 100 supporters of a team that averages near 30,000 per 81 home games is statictically relivant of a team who has been owned for almost 10 years by the same owner?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: April 11, 2008, 01:48:36 am »

Hicks is a very rash man and I have no confidence in his decision-making. I asked you earlier whether you feel any anger over his latest decision- to write a letter to Parry that has no effect besides that of heaping more disgrace upon this club. You haven't responded. I can't wait to see how you defend this bit of decision-making.

As for big spendings, he's always like to throw his weight around. Flash the cash to satisfy his own narcisstic tendencies without thinking of the good of the team. He signed Alex Rodriguez to the most expensive contract in baseball and that unbalanced the team and has mired the Rangers franchise in mediocrity. You seem hell-bent on giving him total credit for our signings. But that credit should lie solely with one man- Rafa. Rafa who had to go public and remind them of their commitment to spend after Athens when they were lording it over and promising to buy all sorts of Snoogy Doogys. Rafa took a lot of flack for that but we now see why he did it. We borrowed to buy, and we sold some players to recoup, so it's not like Hicks and Gillett assumed all the responsibility on themselves. In any case, they can borrow whatever amount they want because ultimately this club will pay. You say they put up security- what like 25 million each, not a lot is it? Especially for a couple of billionaires. Should be chump change. Can't wait to see how they intend to manage future transfer spendings, stadium costs plus interest payments. Wonder if the purse strings will be tightened then.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #1235 on: April 11, 2008, 01:48:56 am »
...and for my 500th post...

Hicks is a fucking c*nt.
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1236 on: April 11, 2008, 01:49:45 am »

Everyone read this.

++++++++++++++

Anfield fiasco: Tom Hicks could sink Liverpool

By Henry Winter

Tom Hicks must never be allowed to board the ferry across the Mersey because he would only rock the boat. Just when Rick Parry attempts to keep the good ship Liverpool steady through another storm, Hicks lumbers on and threatens to capsize it. Madness.

In the dispute that escalated yesterday between Parry and Hicks, let us play spot the difference: Parry has Liverpool's best interests at heart while Hicks has Hicks's best interests at heart. Parry is a lifelong fan. Hicks is a businessman. Parry works hard to keep the club united and focused on reaching the Champions League final. Hicks picks fights. Spot which one you would want running your club.

The word on Merseyside is that Hicks demanded Parry's resignation as a tit-for-tat against George Gillett, the other co-owner who had ticked off Ian Ayre, the club's commercial director much admired by Hicks, before Tuesday's Champions League vanquishing of Arsenal.

Parry seems to have been caught up in the crossfire between two Americans. It does need stating that Parry is not football's top-ranked chief executive. He has certainly made mistakes. Liverpool have been slow to develop their commercial potential, although that pre-dates Parry's arrival at Anfield from the Premier League (four European Cups in seven years should have generated more funds).

Parry has not always enjoyed the best relationship with Rafael Benitez and has courted ridicule by wearing a Liverpool tracksuit emblazoned with his initials. A chief executive's place is in the board-room, not the dressing-room. But if he occasionally fails to see eye-to-eye with Benitez, who can be awkward and appears still to hold a candle for Real Madrid, then Parry is not completely at fault. Sporting replica kit is unwise for an executive, but such vanity does provide material proof of Parry's deep affection for Liverpool.

Those cyberspace mischief-makers who inserted the claim that Parry is known as "Coco" on his Wikipedia entry are being slightly cruel. The real clown wears a Stetson. It is difficult to see what Parry has done wrong in the period since the Americans rode into town. He pleaded for Hicks and Gillett to give peace a chance. He has sided with Gillett, but then most sane souls around Anfield would.
Parry cares about people at Anfield. When Steven Gerrard's autobiography (ghosted by this writer) had to be run by Liverpool, Parry read the criticism of him and Benitez during the Chelsea contract saga but did not ask for one word to be changed. He respected the captain's right to make comments, however unflattering they were towards him and the manager. Parry's stance contrasted with officials at some other clubs, who demanded that books by some of their players be amended.

Parry is a fan of Gerrard, just as he is a fan of all those driving Liverpool in the right direction. Hicks is getting in the way, and yesterday's fuel-on-the-fire antics hardly help. If he wants to dismiss Parry, then he should do it in the closed-season.

The mess highlights one reality: the sooner all football appreciates the dangers inherent in foreign ownership the better. If football ever contains more people like Hicks than Parry, then the game really will be heading to Hell in a debt-laden hand-cart.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/sport/2008/04/11/sfnliv111.xml

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #1237 on: April 11, 2008, 01:50:15 am »
I've put some valid question's to you Johnnyf now answer them or fuck off

I'm not a mod by any means, but seriously mate, some basic respect for others goes a long way. The abuse isn't necassary, retaliatory or not.
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline SoylentGreen

• Main Stander
  • TRUE force
« Reply #1238 on: April 11, 2008, 01:51:03 am »
Do you think if we do hire someone to assasinate Hicks we could throw 4pool into the bargain too? 2 for the price of 1 like.
Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the c*nts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up.

Offline 7Dalglish

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1239 on: April 11, 2008, 01:51:12 am »

No a bigger profit would be reducing the amount put in to gain the maximum out, that does not mean financing a successful team.