Author Topic: Luis Garcia Letter  (Read 36023 times)

Offline wellsey3879

• Boys Pen
Re: Luis Garcia Letter
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2007, 08:21:52 pm »
what a legend! king luis rules!

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2007, 08:29:36 pm »
Was me favourite player apart from Fowler. Hopefully Atletico comes second behind Valencia this season in Spain, so next season it would be Atletico - Liverpool final in CL :P
4-4-2 Sucks

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2007, 08:29:52 pm »
The fact that he wrote a letter just shows what a true gentleman he is.

Absolutely awesome. Top bloke.

:-*
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline terrymac

• Anny Roader
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2007, 08:30:26 pm »
for me, he made me believe again--i mean i didnt really think we would beat Juve and i didnt really think we could knock all conquering Chelsea out of Europe. And i didnt really think we could knock Chelsea out of a semi AGAIN....top broke--man for the big occasion and will be missed.
Prolly not an LFC legend, but still welcome round my house for a cuppa tea anyday.

and like people have mentioned, as much as i remember his big goals, i'll always remember the way he battled against the bitters
Top man
"Magna est veritas et prevalebit"   JFT96

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2007, 08:30:54 pm »
same message from me King Luis

Apart from sweepers greeeeeaaaaaaaaaaat idea, i think that another wonderful idea will be to sing his Garcia song at Liverpool's next home match!  Will be a nice fitting tribute!! What do u all think??

Nice idea - a Champions League game is perfect for Luis' song.

*edit* If a legend is a player you will remember in 10, 20 or 30 years time, then he's a legend. The goals, staying on the pitch in the derby after Baros got sent off, standing up to Essien after he fucked Didi's knee...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 08:33:45 pm by Alan_F »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Kyle Soprano

• Doing his BTEC Sports Science but still knows fuck all
  • Legacy Fan
  • You & I Are Gonna Live Forever
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2007, 08:32:24 pm »
What a fella! I wish him all the best in Madrid and hope he returns one day!
I only drink on special occasions. Like Fridays and Saturdays. The occasional Sunday. Sometimes even Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Never Thursday. Well, every so often maybe a Thursday.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2007, 08:36:29 pm »
it don't take much for a player to take the time to do something like that, but how rare is it. an indictment on many others methinks
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline RedPete30

• Main Stander
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2007, 08:37:29 pm »
Luis Garcia... Developed iconic status with magnificent performances in Europe.  Who will ever forget the screamer v Juventus and the 'goal' v Chelsea in the Champions League semis.

The wee man will go down as a legend!!!

He came from Barca and he certainly did "Bring Us Joy!!!"
"If Chelsea are naive and pure then I'm Little Red Riding Hood." Rafa Benitez, Sunday 19/08/07

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2007, 08:40:06 pm »
Bloke is a legend. i will never forget the screamer v Juventus, top player, top bloke.

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2007, 08:49:53 pm »
What a little fucking superstar. Best player in the run up to Istanbul for me, scoring the winning goal in each knockout round. And then there were the goals against Chelsea, the performance whilst injured in the derby and numerous other occasions. Will always have fond memories and I'm pleased to have a signed picture of him on the wall with some other Liverpool stuff. It was an unasked-for present and I probably wouldn't have bought it myself, but I'm made up to have it, especially reading this.
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2007, 08:52:15 pm »
He's a credit to his parents.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2007, 08:52:49 pm »
He's a credit to his parents.

'He's a nice boy isn't he?'

Offline Jens from Sweden

• "We havent bid for him and never will. Torres wont come here someone fucking quote me on this"
  • Kopite
  • Momo Sissoko- size does matter
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2007, 08:54:46 pm »
I love this little man and I will always be very thankful. Few other players in world football could have made such an impact at this incredible club.

Luis Garcia, you are a winner.
the more i look at it the more i think with mourihno in charge of us w'd have a better chance of winning the league.
I quoted you so we all can laugh at your foolness.

Offline Parpello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2007, 09:05:34 pm »
Luis was a cheeky player, always attempting to try something different, i say this fondly, i hope we don't miss him.   Have a great season in Spain Luis.  :wave

Offline cissepower

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2007, 09:08:22 pm »
Luis Garcia was a great player for the club. This gesture also sums up what a great person he is.

I wish him all the best at Atletico Madrid

YNWA Luis
~~Justice For The 96, You'll Never Walk Alone~~

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2007, 09:08:41 pm »
Love him... top bloke. Still wish he was still at the club...

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2007, 09:18:26 pm »
Love him... top bloke. Still wish he was still at the club...

Write him a lovely letter and ask him to come back.

Offline tazman74

• Main Stander
  • We won it six times whisky nose!
« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2007, 09:28:49 pm »
Can't wait for next week's goodbye - Letter from Bjørn Tore Kvarme

"I'd like to especially thank you for shouting abuse at me and you should know that every time I heard the Kop yell 'You Norwegian bollox!', it was like an extra injection of strength and motivation; shame it didn't stop me make Danny Cadamarteri look like a world beater!"
My old man said be a Man U fan,
I said 'Fuck off bollocks, you're a c*nt!'

Offline MonsterMasch

• Main Stander
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2007, 09:32:39 pm »
Tear in my eye reading that, Luis you are a true gentleman. What is also great to see is that a player from an entirely different culture has taken the time to learn and understand the Liverpool way, for that alone he IS a legend. Then the goals, the effort and the celebration  ;)

I think Tolouse on Tues would be a perfect opportunity to reply in kind... LUIS GARCIA HE DRINKS SANGRIA....
Justice for the 96

Don't Buy the S*n

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2007, 09:32:56 pm »
Write him a lovely letter and ask him to come back.

Dear Luis,

Please, please, please come back to Liverpool. We've got you a new top striker to play with- he's Spanish too! You can now stop being jealous of Xabi's 'thing' with Stevie and make him jealous back. Go on. You know you want to.

Lots of love.

Baz

What you reckon?
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Waterloo Phil

• Cheeky bleeder. Thinks the mods are here to answer to his beck and call
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ya Get Me
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2007, 09:35:18 pm »
Nice gesture , great player just wasnt consistent enough

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2007, 09:35:23 pm »
Stalker.

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2007, 09:36:37 pm »
So dissapointed he never got a farewell game, absaloute legend here the last few years scored some important goals, his killier balls could well be missed late on in games this year.
All the best Luis Garcia  :wave

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2007, 09:51:42 pm »
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2007, 10:02:14 pm »
I'm going to Barca in a few weeks and they're playing Atletico that weekend, going the game can't wait to see him again.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2007, 10:22:57 pm »
I miss Luis  :'(
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline HiTs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • In Istanbul when we won it 5 times!
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2007, 10:26:06 pm »
Luis - You're still bringing us joy !!!
★      ★       ★       ★       ★       ★                        ★                          ★
77     78      81      84       05      19      World Champions 2019     Premier League 2020

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #187 on: August 21, 2007, 10:32:13 pm »
Classy, he's one of those players i can see coming back to watch games in the future.

And will forever be in our hearts and songs for so many reasons.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #188 on: August 21, 2007, 10:38:20 pm »
Heres a little idea to throw into the pot.........

Easyjet do cheap flights to Madrid as we all know, why not find a date where Liverpool either don't have a game, had the game moved or generally are not playing that weekend.

We all seperately book a load of flights to Madrid (on the condition that Atletico are at home) and have an unofficial 'reds on tour' and go visit Luis at his new home at Atletico and generally spend 90 mins giving him a red and white goodbye.

Positives = good bevy, good laugh, bit of Autumn Sunshine but more importantly spend 90 minutes singing and saying goodbye to the man who got us to Istanbul. Luis would love that and it would also make him a legend amongst his new Atlectico 'family'. He loves us, we love him...why not?

Negatives = None

Lets do it!
PS
We can also officialy say thank you for Torres!

I was planning a visit to one of their games to give him his banner.

*embarrassed stalker smiley*
Never give up

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
« Reply #189 on: August 21, 2007, 10:38:33 pm »

"I'd like to especially thank you for making up a song for me and you should know that every time I heard you singing it, it was like an extra injection of strength and motivation, even helping me to overcome pain occasionally during a game."

The letter reaffirms my admiration for this guy, the post I quoted reminded me of when "Anotherspanishfan" (i think) reported back at how made up Luis was with his song.

I took this at the Wrexham pre season after Istanbul, seem to remember we kept it going ages and the lads where having a right chuckle at it.

The second one typical Luis at the Palace gam a couple of years back.

will always be remembered.
Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline ShanksLad

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #190 on: August 21, 2007, 10:38:50 pm »
Wonder how many of the Chelsea rent boys would write a letter like that after leaving?

Top man and goes to show how Liverpool really does get under the players skin. This goes to show why we're such a special club.

Thanks for the memories Luis - rest assured that we'll still be talking about you and remembering your contribution for decades to come.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2007, 10:54:01 pm »
My favourite memory of luis is not any of his fantastic goals against chelsea, everton, charlton, Juventus or bayern, Its from the merseyside derby.

Where we had already made 3 subs due to injuries and Luis got a knock, but instead of us going down to ten men he played on one leg for 90minutes...he went up alot in my opinion from that point, alot of european players would've gone off. Big heart and Passion for such a little fella..

Absolute hero, was more gutted to hear Garcia go then when Owen left.

:'( Thanks for the memories Luis.

luis garcia....he drinks sangria....
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2007, 11:00:09 pm »
Its why Rafa himself said, he may be the most frustrating player to have, but he can come on and change the game for you.

Its why he was brought to LFC.. and for all our being pissed off at the balls that got away,  it was the balls he PUT away that made all worthwhile.

There aren't many players out there, that you know can come from the bench, and make all the difference, very few in fact.

Lil Luis was deffo one of them.. I read he was leaving with a LOT of regret.  There will be moments when we wish Luis was on the bench, I'm feckin sure of it.

Thanks Luis, for the letter, and your MAJOR contribution to us achieving no. 5.

All the very best, and success with Atletico.

RiH
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline Brotus

• Kopite
  • Don't Blame It on Traore!!!!!
« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2007, 11:03:57 pm »
Don't think I ever liked a player who frustrated me as much as Luis ;D

But seriously was gutted to see him go, a player with a huge heart. Alway one to get stuck on the pitch. Had that touch of magic too.

Best of luck Luis mate!!!

Offline ShanksLad

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2007, 11:11:11 pm »
Money grabbing bastard only did it for a bit of good press. Wanker.

Hope you're joking.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #195 on: August 21, 2007, 11:18:32 pm »
Money grabbing bastard only did it for a bit of good press. Wanker.

::)

Whether just keeping up the old act, or attention seking or doing a spot of fishing or whatever,
there really was no need, no really, no need.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2007, 11:24:13 pm »
::)

Whether just keeping up the old act, or attention seking or doing a spot of fishing or whatever,
there really was no need, no really, no need.

I can understand missing out the smilie.. but no fkin reason for him to go Trawling, when a simple rod would have done.

RiH
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #197 on: August 21, 2007, 11:28:34 pm »
Calm down kid. I love Mr Garcia.
Watch your back.

Offline eviled

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #198 on: August 21, 2007, 11:29:42 pm »
If he has not achieved legend status, he was well on his way there.

With his injuries, he was probably actually available to play for only about two years.  In light of that, his contributions were great.  He was a versatile attacking player, and when I watched him play it was too often "you cheeky bastard!"  He made my heart glad so many times.  And the goals he scored--I don't think anyone in recent history has scored in so many different ways.  Left, right, head, (and I think he scored a goal off his chest once), long range, poachers, rockets, and lobbed shot.  With his head! From outside the box!  Just a joy to watch.  Contributed more than his fair share of goals when we were struggling to find a Owen replacement.  And always wore his heart on his sleeve and gave 100%.  Seeing him backtracking and sliding into brutes 10cm and 15kg bigger always made me grin.  He didn't use to do that initially, but that was one dimension of his game he added to adapt to the English game.  My favourite player without a doubt.  Definitely gutted when he left.  And still then, he managed to do something good for us by facilitating Torres to come the other direction.  Nothing but good will from me.

Mucho gracias, Luis Garcia!
Five twenty five number five, ten fifteen Epic Swindle.

Offline LadyLala

• Legacy Fan
  • la dee daa
    • lala's RED world
« Reply #199 on: August 21, 2007, 11:40:38 pm »
Really miss him... and reading that just made me cry again. :'( Although I'm crying with a smile on my face...

All the best Luis!
I never know how I'm supposed to respond to "What's up?"