Author Topic: Luis Garcia Letter  (Read 36020 times)

Offline tommy26241

• Kopite
Re: Luis Garcia Letter
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2007, 11:41:15 pm »
fair play to luis

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2007, 11:41:16 pm »
:'(

Thank you, Luis, and good luck at Atletico.

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2007, 11:46:54 pm »
He'll always be linked to the cup run to Istanbul, and this kind of letter in parting really does seal his legendary status.

From start to finish of his Liverpool career he embraced the opportunity and gave many supporters some of the best moments they've known.
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #203 on: August 21, 2007, 11:47:58 pm »

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline arianaqd

• Main Stander
  • with hop in my heart...
« Reply #204 on: August 21, 2007, 11:54:46 pm »
tears when reading this letter  :'(... what a gentleman this fella. Thanks, King Luis!  :scarf

and I've just read an article on 4-4-2 (an earlier issue in this summer) about him, felt like him more and more  :-[
have a look :):

Offline Rafa In Istanbul

• Anny Roader
  • Kopite For Life!
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2007, 12:04:23 am »
Echo the above, and so gratifying that a player can take time out, to personally remember the club, players and especially the fans from his previous club.

Luis Garcia = Legend = Gentleman

Its on the official club site.
Deffo what player in this day and age takes the time out like that to really thank his previous club, there isnt many, absolutely top class bloke, thank you for all the memories luis, you will never be forgotten!

Offline hilly

• Kopite
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2007, 12:04:44 am »
I've been thinking about what I'd remember Luis for. I remember the goals vs Chelsea, obviously the champions league one is the one most will remember. Though my favourite memory was against Everton, Morientes had just hit hte bar after a lack lustre Martin slipped and palmed it onto the bar. From the ball hitting the bar, and the despair of that moment, to little Luis popping up and sticking it past the blue noses. I was dancing like a loon.

Thanks again Luis!

Offline mulane

• rouge
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2007, 12:16:29 am »
tears when reading this letter  :'(... what a gentleman this fella. Thanks, King Luis!  :scarf

and I've just read an article on 4-4-2 (an earlier issue in this summer) about him, felt like him more and more  :-[
have a look :):

That interview was class!! "alright la alright la" i miss the little chap!!! :(

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2007, 12:31:30 am »
Almost wish I hadnt read that

Im in absolute bits.

Nice one Luis. Will never forget you
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Stumo

• Kopite
« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2007, 12:36:10 am »
What a great gesture, shows class, great read.   And the goal against Chelsea, it hit the back of the net Jose! 

Offline redluna

• Main Stander
  • There is a God... and his name is Xabi
« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2007, 01:08:36 am »
Only one I can think of is Arbeloa, who penned a letter to the Deportivo fans :)

Xabi also did one for the Erreala fans too
Internet Terrorist Level 3

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2007, 01:17:03 am »
Little Luis Garcia...Liverpool Legend...what a top class footballer, and what a top class guy! Thank YOU Luis, for helping bring back the good times. Muchos Gracias, Luis. And good luck with Los Rojiblancos!

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2007, 01:18:47 am »
The man has class. Our loss is Atletico's gain.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2007, 01:22:08 am »
Top class gesture from a guy that's still got a lot of good football in him. We'll miss him heaps.

YNWA King Luis

Offline garcia-alonso

• Kopite
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2007, 01:23:48 am »
Bloody hell! I've slowly been getting used to him having gone and now he does this! If anyone does organise for a group to go over I'd be on for it...will you keep us posted Sweeper? I speak fluent spanish if any help's needed on that score.

Suerte Luisito!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 01:36:39 am by garcia-alonso »

Offline PortlandRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2007, 01:36:42 am »
Good luck, Luis.  I will remember you well. 
"Winning is not a sometime thing" - Vince Lombardi

Offline july

• Main Stander
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2007, 02:41:16 am »
Classy, he's one of those players i can see coming back to watch games in the future.
I can totally see that coming.

oh Luis, how we miss you.......
Best luck!!

Offline RedChanel

• Main Stander
  • Be the chess player, not the chess piece.
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2007, 03:19:07 am »
Thanks for the sweet memories Luis. You are truly one of a kind which makes Liverpool proud.

YNWA.
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2007, 03:25:43 am »
The man has class. Our loss is Atletico's gain.

Thankfully their loss is also our gain :P Would have been great to have them both in the team though. Oh why oh why couldn't they just take me! I'm Garcia's height. Highly unpredictable with the ball at my feet, and won't ask for any more than £1000 a week. As an added bonus I can help them run their website once I learn the language ;D

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2007, 03:36:11 am »
Phil Collins and Genesis? Great footballer, shite taste :)

Offline chrstphr

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2007, 04:08:04 am »
Still feels weird that I won't see King Luis on the teamsheet anymore. Nontheless, a great servant to the club and all the best to him

YNWA

Offline LFCDore

• Kopite
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2007, 04:11:54 am »
We miss you Little Luis. YNWA
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'." --Bill Shankly

Offline zypher

• Main Stander
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2007, 04:40:40 am »
Thanks LG for the memories ..... you've been awesome mostly although there were some downers but luckily, the former is prevalent.

Wished you were still here - I've always imagined yourself and Torres to be an awesome combination ..... unfortunately, the deal to bring Torres here means the chance for you to go back to Spain.

Good Luck Little Luis Garcia - the small player with a big heart for Liverpoolf Football Club!

Hope to see you and Atlectico Madrid in Champions League next season although a pre-season between the two clubs would be amazing match-up too!

Offline badkhan

• Anny Roader
    • CX
« Reply #223 on: August 22, 2007, 05:19:46 am »
Amazing tribute!!!

I hope that Luis will return to this club someday...

Offline ish

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 22, 2007, 07:33:28 am »
LOVE YOU LUIS

What a champion that little man is, I MISS HIM SO MUCH!!

Ah well - glad he loves us just as much as we love him!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU'VE GIVEN US!!
(translated by phoenix wright)
Journalist: Is it true that your team-mates sing your song in the dressing room?
Fernando: But that's because the song is catchy! (laughs)

Offline Redrider

• Departed for a forum with better manners
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 22, 2007, 08:10:05 am »
Money grabbing bastard only did it for a bit of good press. Wanker.
Attention seeker !

Offline maya

• Anny Roader
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2007, 08:34:55 am »
why do you make me cry again Luis!!!

maybe you haven't noticed, but biding him goodbye on his departure was actually a reason many people registered in RAWK. Before they just read threads and got information without any eager to say anything.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 08:44:58 am by maya »
Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?

Offline diplomatique

• Anny Roader
« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2007, 08:53:48 am »
I have to admit, I got teary reading the letter. I shared it with my Mom (who I've slowly been converting into a Red), and she cried. Luis didn't have to do that, he didn't have to take the time to say anything to us, but he did. It truly shows how much class he has. Though I will always cherish the memory of his goal against Chelsea in the 05 Semi-Final, I'll be the first to admit I was never one of his biggest fans. This letter changes that; it shows that he loved and respected Liverpool FC, and its supporters, and that means a lot. I wish him the very best of luck at Atleti, and I hope to hear his song for years to come at Anfield.
Liverpool, as usual, not walking alone.~Announcer, Liverpool v. Bayer Leverusen, 9 March 2005

All I know most surely about morality and obligations, I owe to football. ~Albert Camus

On 15th April 1989, 96 Liverpool fans died watching their team - we haven't forgotten them.

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2007, 08:57:39 am »
See the start for the fantastic tackle on roy keane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4NZHp7mN2s

In an era in which it normally seems players value money above all else, its fantastic to see a player who actually seems to give a shit.

Tears to the eye and lump to the throat readin that.
Class gesture from a player that should never be forgotten.

Hope it all goes well at Atletico.
Get  yerselves in to the Champions League for next season and let li'l luis knock chelsea out again.

Still can't believe they took our luis away.

INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2007, 09:06:09 am »
That interview was class!! "alright la alright la" i miss the little chap!!! :(

Not sure about that, he's gone down in my estimation. Phil 'fucking' Collins!!! has he been hanging round with Stagger Lee too much or what and as for spending 3 joyful years in Liverpool and not trying a bowl of scouse nevermind knowing what it is pffft

;) (for dopes who might actually think i'm serious)
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Bouncer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "It's not my ego, it's my responsibility" Benitez
« Reply #230 on: August 22, 2007, 09:07:39 am »
Heres a little idea to throw into the pot.........

Easyjet do cheap flights to Madrid as we all know, why not find a date where Liverpool either don't have a game, had the game moved or generally are not playing that weekend.

We all seperately book a load of flights to Madrid (on the condition that Atletico are at home) and have an unofficial 'reds on tour' and go visit Luis at his new home at Atletico and generally spend 90 mins giving him a red and white goodbye.

Positives = good bevy, good laugh, bit of Autumn Sunshine but more importantly spend 90 minutes singing and saying goodbye to the man who got us to Istanbul. Luis would love that and it would also make him a legend amongst his new Atlectico 'family'. He loves us, we love him...why not?

Negatives = None

Lets do it!
PS
We can also officialy say thank you for Torres!

I'm up for that ... Luis is a legend in my book.

One of my all time favourites up there with Clemence, Hughes, Kenny and Carra.

Love his reference to the Everton game where he played on giving his best even though he couldnt walk ... 

.. and some of those goals were just mint !!!

Gatusso says that Liverpool play too many long balls?

I don’t think he watches many Liverpool games, the same way I don’t watch many Milan games. (Rafa)

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
Letter from Luis
« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2007, 09:29:11 am »
Dear Reds,

First of all I'd like to apologise for not having been back in touch sooner, but I needed to take some time to take on board all the recent changes and then to put down these words for you.

I'm sure you will understand.

I would rather this be a letter of thanks and gratitude, not simply a goodbye.

Yes, that's right, gratitude, because that is the word that best sums up my feelings for you all.

Taking the decision to change clubs hasn't been easy. Not easy at all.

I've experienced three fantastic years at the club and in the city. Three years in which together, the fans and the team, we have accomplished some fantastic achievements, and I'm sure that these successes will continue to be repeated in the near future.

You know that I like a challenge and that I don't just settle for second best.

Back then Liverpool Football Club gave me the opportunity to be part of an ambitious plan to put the Reds back at the summit of the game.

I think that together we managed to achieve that.

As I said, I do like challenges and in spite of the fact that at that time I was playing for my home town club, one of the biggest in the world, I wanted to be a part of that project that was being presented to me by Liverpool, and so I accepted the challenge.

Now, after three seasons in the Premier League and having won some major trophies, the chance came up for me to return to La Liga and be part of a new project at a club I already knew.

The idea of enjoying things in a Spanish club like we experienced together at Liverpool over these last three years appealed to me, and that's why I accepted the offer.

I want to thank everyone working at Liverpool Football Club for how well they have treated both my family and I, making us feel at home from the very first day to the last.

I also want to thank the management, coaching staff and directors for the opportunity they gave me back then to be part of such an important and well-loved club as Liverpool. A club which has helped me to grow as a footballer and where to date I have enjoyed the biggest success of my career.

Without a doubt, this success has been possible thanks to the outstanding group of players with whom I've been able to share a dressing room over the last three seasons.

I'm not going to mention anyone specifically, because I think that the secret of this team's success has been exactly that: nobody wanted to stand out above the rest and there has always been a great togetherness in the squad, which made it into something more than a group of players, it was a group of friends.

Thanks to all of you for your help and your friendship.

I've left until last the thank you which for me is the most important: Thank you to the supporters.

Your support allowed me to settle quickly at both the club and in the city, and you made me feel really at ease with you all right from the word go; that's the kind of help that you notice most of all during the difficult times, of which there have been a few during my time here.

I'd like to especially thank you for making up a song for me and you should know that every time I heard you singing it, it was like an extra injection of strength and motivation, even helping me to overcome pain occasionally during a game.

Your unconditional support is the thing that ensures that this team manages to pull through in the most difficult circumstances; and I can assure you that the whole squad is aware of this and thanks you for it.

A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters.

Because if one thing has remained obvious to me after these few years, it's that with supporters like you, Liverpool Football Club will never walk alone.

I really hope that the club wins lots of major trophies in the future; I'll be following it all from a distance, with the pride that you can only get from having been a Red and played for the home team at Anfield – a ground that every football fan must visit at least once in their life.

Thank you for everything. Yours most sincerely,

Your friend, Luís García

What a decent fella Luis Garcia is. How many players in this day and age do you think would take the time to write a letter like that too there old club.

Luis Garcia you are a top bloke. i do miss our Luis
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
Re: Letter from Luis
« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2007, 09:30:54 am »
He's written another one? He's a good penpal is our Luis.

Offline Dublin Red

• Jehova, Jehova, Jehova
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2007, 09:32:02 am »
Looks very similar to the last one he wrote, I bet it's just a cut and paste job ;)
What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Offline Miracle@Istanbul

• Anny Roader
« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2007, 09:38:44 am »
Very touching to read that.

All the best Luis, I hope you win many more trophies and keep scoring those great goals.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2007, 09:43:52 am »
*sniff* *gulp*....look, there's just something in my bastard eye all right.....
Thank you Jurgen

Offline casso36

• Anny Roader
« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2007, 09:45:49 am »
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!!

YNWA
Shankly, Paisley,Fagan,Daglaish, Souness, Hollier, Benitez. = Success!

Offline maya

• Anny Roader
« Reply #237 on: August 22, 2007, 09:47:14 am »
anyone who will go to Al. Madrid's game please please sing for him once again
Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?

Offline Dewey Finn

• Steve Bruce's Mum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2007, 09:57:10 am »
Cheers Loui. There are moments in our history that have been defined by great players. You as a player, made a difference at crucial times! You played a 'massive' part in our history. I'll never forget your contribution to our club! Keep in touch with LFC you're permanently welcome!

Offline toshi

• Kopite
  • Respect
« Reply #239 on: August 22, 2007, 10:13:26 am »
thanks.... a bit late though ;)

*6 pages on another thread to be exact
CJ        : "Morton, this is President Bartlett"
Bartlett : "Hey Morton"
Morton (stunned) : "WOW"
Bartlett  : "Well Said"