Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 343351 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #4920 on: November 2, 2022, 02:08:33 pm »
It's like Armageddon here. 

Torrential rain, thunder, lightening and 60mph winds.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4921 on: November 2, 2022, 03:16:43 pm »
It's like Armageddon here. 

Torrential rain, thunder, lightening and 60mph winds.

We had some hail last night. Today it's heavy rain and high winds. No thunder, but I did see that the Beluga was struck by lightning earlier as it was coming in to land at Hawarden.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #4922 on: November 2, 2022, 03:23:31 pm »
We had some hail last night. Today it's heavy rain and high winds. No thunder, but I did see that the Beluga was struck by lightning earlier as it was coming in to land at Hawarden.

https://www.deeside.com/airbus-confirms-beluga-was-struck-by-lightning-while-over-connahs-quay/

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4924 on: November 2, 2022, 03:55:29 pm »

It's almost blown itself out now thankfully and it looks like the garden has survived apart from the compost bin lid has gone walkabout 😂

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4925 on: November 2, 2022, 03:58:08 pm »
It's almost blown itself out now thankfully and it looks like the garden has survived apart from the compost bin lid has gone walkabout 😂
You'll have to get out there and nail everything down for the coming winter.

My Liverpool flag in the garden is still taking a pasting, so it looks like the calm hasn't arrived here yet.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4926 on: November 2, 2022, 04:01:57 pm »

My Liverpool flag in the garden is still taking a pasting, so it looks like the calm hasn't arrived here yet.

We learnt that lesson last year mate so everything's been indoors since September. 

Trouble is there's so much furniture inside now I don't know where the Christmas tree will go 🤔

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4927 on: November 2, 2022, 04:45:27 pm »

Not long ago started in Manc, going out for a meal with the missus in about an hour, going to get soaked by the look of it :no
Jurgen YNWA

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4928 on: November 2, 2022, 04:49:35 pm »
I have just walked from the station; I live about seven minutes away and got absolutely drenched, like a flashflood right out in the open as well so nowhere to shelter for a few minutes.  :no
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4929 on: November 2, 2022, 04:56:00 pm »
I have just walked from the station; I live about seven minutes away and got absolutely drenched, like a flashflood right out in the open as well so nowhere to shelter for a few minutes.  :no

At least it was on the way home and not the other way ;)

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4930 on: November 2, 2022, 07:17:18 pm »
Disturbingly nice here in New England,sunny mid 60's heading up into the mid 70's for the weekend.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4931 on: November 2, 2022, 08:14:47 pm »

You spoke too soon! It’s wild out there again now!
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4932 on: November 2, 2022, 08:20:00 pm »
You spoke too soon! It’s wild out there again now!

It's still windy but nowhere near as bad as earlier here.

Online Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4933 on: November 2, 2022, 08:50:47 pm »
It's still windy but nowhere near as bad as earlier here.

Same here at the moment and it's stopped raining.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4934 on: November 2, 2022, 09:12:25 pm »
At least it was on the way home and not the other way ;)

Too true, I hate arriving in work soaked to the skin. I do need to get some waterproof boots; it was like walking barefooted on the pavement by the time I got home.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4935 on: November 3, 2022, 08:28:32 am »
Its was raining so hard last night I had to dig out my big coat and heavy steely boots. It was dead warm though, so I was drenched and boiling by the time I met up with the missus.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4936 on: November 3, 2022, 10:17:40 am »
Torrential rain and hail here this morning.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4937 on: November 3, 2022, 10:45:06 am »
Torrential rain and hail here this morning.

Blue sky and sunny in Liverpool!

Yesterday evening was dark, stormy, and wet though.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4938 on: November 3, 2022, 11:45:34 am »
Its was raining so hard last night I had to dig out my big coat and heavy steely boots. It was dead warm though, so I was drenched and boiling by the time I met up with the missus.
Big coat and steelies with your shorts? Nice combo.  :)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4939 on: November 3, 2022, 12:03:51 pm »
Big coat and steelies with your shorts? Nice combo.  :)

Went to a nice new Syrian restaurant, so the jeans were brought out of hibernation.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4940 on: November 3, 2022, 12:08:07 pm »
There's a standard record of temperature in England called the Central England Temperature (referred to as 'CET').

Temperatures from a selected group of weather stations have been collated since 1659, so it's the most extensive record of tempratures in the world.

For the first time in recorded history, the CET looks almost nailed-on to top 11c (it would need something like a repeat of December 2010 to stop it)

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4941 on: November 3, 2022, 12:42:36 pm »
Went to a nice new Syrian restaurant, so the jeans were brought out of hibernation.

Once or twice a year, thrifty...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4942 on: November 3, 2022, 01:55:15 pm »
I hate the first couple of weeks after the clocks go back, trying to get adjusted to GMT, as took a look at the time, & it's 13.55, but it feels like it should be 14.55 :(
#Sausages

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4943 on: November 4, 2022, 10:35:17 am »
I hate the first couple of weeks after the clocks go back, trying to get adjusted to GMT, as took a look at the time, & it's 13.55, but it feels like it should be 14.55 :(

There's no logical reason why we still turn the clocks back!  It's proven to negatively impact peoples mental health, and this year, it has the added bonus of increasing our energy bills for no reason too!

It started in WW1, and it's about time we binned it off!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4944 on: November 4, 2022, 11:02:06 am »

Had a big argument with the missus over this the other day - she insisted that so long as you get the same amount of sleep, its OK. She just does not get the concept of the bodyclock and won't have it that my body goes out of whack. The clock tells me its only 9pm, so even though my body knows it, I don't go to bed until after 10, but then between 5 and 6am I wake up, as my body says wake up.

There's no logical reason why we still turn the clocks back!  It's proven to negatively impact peoples mental health, and this year, it has the added bonus of increasing our energy bills for no reason too!

It started in WW1, and it's about time we binned it off!

We're actually now in the time we should be in - it was that fella who didn't like the idea of workers being in bed when the sun was up in the summer that campaigned for the clocks to go forwards in summer to make people get up and go to work earlier. I would much prefer if we went forward next summer and then left it as it is.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4945 on: November 4, 2022, 11:18:36 am »
it was that fella who didn't like the idea of workers being in bed when the sun was up in the summer that campaigned for the clocks to go forwards in summer to make people get up and go to work earlier.

Other way round (BST makes the sunrise in summer 'later'). It was brought in to allow factories to open later and make the most of daylight.

I really love the clock changes - it's like a mental line to cross between 'summer' and 'winter'.

And I love the late light nights in the summer and early darkness in the summer (I'd actually like it to be even more pronounced like in Scandinavia... and with their winters, too)

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4946 on: November 4, 2022, 11:37:03 am »
 Keeping GMT all year round, then in summer sunrise would be around 03.45 & sunset around 20.45, most of us don't need sunrise around 03.45 in the summer, & the extra hour of daylight in the evening saves on energy too, so switching to BST between March & October makes sense.

Likewise January/February sunrise would be around 09.30 in Liverpool if we kept BST all year round, so we switch back to GMT October to March.

Their was an experiment done in the late 60s in keeping BST all year round, turned out there was more road accidents in the mornings because of the darkness, which apparently the authorities tried to hush up, but ended up ditching BST in the winter.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4947 on: November 4, 2022, 11:58:08 am »

Other way round (BST makes the sunrise in summer 'later'). It was brought in to allow factories to open later and make the most of daylight.

I really love the clock changes - it's like a mental line to cross between 'summer' and 'winter'.

And I love the late light nights in the summer and early darkness in the summer (I'd actually like it to be even more pronounced like in Scandinavia... and with their winters, too)

I'm tired mate, these clocks have fucked me up ;D  Yeah, he didn't like the fact people were in bed when it was light, so moving the clocks meant they could work later in the day
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4948 on: November 4, 2022, 12:01:42 pm »
Keeping GMT all year round, then in summer sunrise would be around 03.45 & sunset around 20.45, most of us don't need sunrise around 03.45 in the summer, & the extra hour of daylight in the evening saves on energy too, so switching to BST between March & October makes sense.

Likewise January/February sunrise would be around 09.30 in Liverpool if we kept BST all year round, so we switch back to GMT October to March.

Their was an experiment done in the late 60s in keeping BST all year round, turned out there was more road accidents in the mornings because of the darkness, which apparently the authorities tried to hush up, but ended up ditching BST in the winter.

My experience on the M60 was that there were more accidents of a night. I wonder if that was down to being in well lit offices all day and peoples eyes not adjusting to the dark quick enough. In the mornings you tend to get up, get dressed and fuck out out in about 30 minutes.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4949 on: November 4, 2022, 12:15:33 pm »
First frosty night of the autumn last night for us. The car was frosted over and there was a frost on the grass.

Online Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4950 on: November 4, 2022, 12:50:31 pm »
It was freezing last night and today it's like the middle of spring.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4951 on: November 4, 2022, 12:56:27 pm »
Save energy by not turning clocks back in October, says expert

Prof Aoife Foley says it would remain light for part of energy peak between 5pm and 7pm, reducing household bills

Households could save more than £400 a year on energy bills if clocks were not put back at the end of October, according to an expert, who said it would help people with the cost of living crisis and reduce pressure on the National Grid this winter.

Evening energy demand peaks between 5pm and 7pm during winter. If clocks stayed on daylight saving time (DST), it would remain light for at least part of this time, reducing carbon emissions and energy demand.

Prof Aoife Foley, a clean energy expert at Queen’s University Belfast, said: “By simply forgoing the winter DST in October, we save energy because it is brighter in the evening during winter, so we reduce commercial and residential electrical demand as people leave work earlier, and go home earlier, meaning less lighting and heating is needed.”

This would help the government tackle the “energy war” in Europe resulting from the Ukraine invasion, she said. “Dependent on weather conditions this winter it is very likely we may need to start rationing energy very seriously to avoid bigger energy issues in December and January when gas reserves start to run low,” she said.

Foley’s calculations suggest that households could save £1.20 a day and more than £400 a year on electricity bills if clocks are not put back at the end of October, although exact amounts depend on tariffs.

While Foley argues for an extension of summer clock settings, there has long been debate over whether actually to scrap DST, introduced in 1916 to reduce energy demand during the war by prolonging evening daylight in summer. Opponents argue that it causes sleep disturbance, and contributes to potential road accidents. It was originally proposed in 1907 by William Willett, a builder and the great, great-grandfather of Coldplay’s Chris Martin, who is well known for the song Clocks.

The European parliament voted to scrap the hour change in 2019, and a poll showed that most EU citizens agreed. But the change has yet to be implemented and no longer applies to the UK after Brexit.

Foley did not include gas savings or electricity and gas in the commercial or industrial sectors in her calculations, but she said these would offer “even more significant energy, cost and emissions reductions”, flattening the evening peak on energy demand by up to 10%.

When it comes to concern about road traffic collisions, Foley’s research suggested most road deaths occur in good visibility during the day and outside built-up areas, and usually on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, with speed, tiredness and alcohol the main factors.

There would also be time zone issues between the UK and Ireland, creating two time zones between the north and south. Foley suggested this could be remedied if the two governments consulted on an emergency proposal to abolish daylight saving this year.

A government spokesperson said: “We do not agree with this claim, and it is wrong to suggest this would save people money. The current daylight-saving arrangements give optimal use of the available daylight across the UK.

“We know it is a difficult time for families across the country, which is why we have put in place immediate support for the coming winter. The Government’s Energy Price Guarantee is reducing the price of energy and millions of the most vulnerable households are also receiving £1,200 each this year in additional support.”

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/oct/19/scrap-turning-clocks-back-october-to-save-energy-says-expert

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4952 on: November 4, 2022, 02:08:54 pm »
^

The governement spokesperson is a twat. Research by others has suggested saving 500,000 tonnes of CO2 and RoSPA claim that it saves lives, as casualty rates among pedestrians rise in Nov and December. The RAC says accidents go up ty 19% in the first two weeks after the clocks go back
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4953 on: November 4, 2022, 02:12:10 pm »
Save energy by not turning clocks back in October, says expert

Prof Aoife Foley says it would remain light for part of energy peak between 5pm and 7pm, reducing household bills

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/oct/19/scrap-turning-clocks-back-october-to-save-energy-says-expert

What a thick twat, does he know sunset will still be before 5pm in December/January if BST was kept all year round. :butt
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4954 on: November 4, 2022, 02:14:47 pm »
No wonder we've had enough of experts.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4955 on: November 4, 2022, 05:18:45 pm »
What a thick twat, does he know sunset will still be before 5pm in December/January if BST was kept all year round. :butt

Yeah he's wrong on that bit, but for example, today I had to put the lights on at 4pm, the clock in the kitchen hasn't been put back yet and was showing 5pm, it didn't actually go dark until what had been 6pm. So for the first couple of weeks of November, we could use an hours less lighting.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #4956 on: November 7, 2022, 09:15:39 am »
Couldn't see 3 metres in front of you on Saturday night round here with the fog.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #4957 on: November 7, 2022, 11:30:17 am »
has it gone colder today in our fair city or is it just me?

friggin freezin
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4958 on: November 7, 2022, 01:29:21 pm »
has it gone colder today in our fair city or is it just me?

friggin freezin

It's still double figures here but yep, it's freezing today even with 2 jumpers and the heating on 🥶

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4959 on: November 7, 2022, 01:41:00 pm »
Mild spell midweek, then hopefully settling down for a drier period. Tentative signs for a cool-down late November.