Author Topic: Barcelona v Liverpool, Nou Camp, 21/02/07 19:45hrs - CL, all pre match here  (Read 23655 times)

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
Re: Barcelona v Liverpool, Nou Camp, 21/02/07 19:45hrs - CL, all pre match here
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2007, 09:21:49 am »
The ticket office In Barcelona have tickets for sale to the public.

But WILL NOT SELL TO ENGLISH

You need to show passport and sorry no sales to English.

Calling it a security measure.

And it probably is.

They can't just sell swathes of tickets in the Barca areas to liverpool fans, can they? That's why grounds are segrated. Liverpool have probably sold out their allocation, and these tickets will be Barcas tickets, in the Barca areas - so of course the want to sell them to local Barca fans...

That said - If I was there, I'd be having a try with my Irish passport ;)
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline bondjon

• Kopite
  • It's time to dish out some hard but fair tackling
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2007, 09:33:56 am »
Nice piece on .tv with quotes from good old Bobby Robson - you would think he thinks that we are the people's club...  :)

Former Barcelona and England manager Sir Bobby Robson today sang the praises of the Liverpool supporters and explained why his former club must be wary of Rafael Benitez's well-drilled side. 
Robson holds fond memories of his time in charge of the Nou Camp outfit but believes that Barcelona will be amazed by the atmosphere generated inside Anfield when the two teams contest the deciding return leg tie in a couple of weeks.

"I think that playing at Liverpool's stadium is one of the most memorable experiences you can have as a footballer," claimed the 73-year-old. "The fans are incredible. It is different. The team belongs to the supporters; it is the team of the city and because of this, they create a very special atmosphere.

"They sing, scream, are noisy and they generate an infernal atmosphere but, at the same time, it is very sporting. Barca can expect to have a bad time in Liverpool. If they go there and do not lose, they will have done well for themselves. The atmosphere that the players will encounter is one of the most stimulating that they could see right now in a stadium. The players will love it."

While Frank Rijkaard's side have all that to look forward to, Robson believes that on Wednesday night they will face a team that is strong all the way from the back to front.

"To be a good team, you have to be good in all parts of the team," explained the one-time national coach in an interview with Barcelona TV. "If you don't have a good midfield, or have a weak defence or a mediocre attack, you don't have a good team. The good teams have collective quality.

"Liverpool have a very strong defence. Sami Hyypia may or may not play. They have Steve Finnan, Daniel Agger, Jamie Carragher and John Arne Riise - good defenders.

"In the middle of the pitch, we find Steven Gerrard, a magnificent player of the highest level. They have a Spanish player who is excellent - Xabi Alonso. He is among the best. He knows how to control the play and has a great pass on him.

"They have the striker Peter Crouch, who is English. I won't forget Craig Bellamy, who I signed when I was with Newcastle. He is very, very fast, and very dangerous. There is also the Dutchman, Dirk Kuyt, who is a good player with a lot of quality. They are not one player, they are a team." 
Hey! Hey you! You watch line yeah?

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2007, 10:34:24 am »
Can Mascherano play? Since we're waiting for the Premier League to accept the transfer...
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline AussieRedInLondon

• Main Stander
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2007, 11:25:18 am »
Gotta love Soccernet, apparently Luis Garcia is playing...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/preview?id=211970&cc=5739

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2007, 11:28:31 am »
latest stuff from the papers...

Istanbul memories key for Barcelona president

Feb 20 2007

by Nick Smith, Liverpool Daily Post

Steven Gerrard lifts the European Cup

YOU could understand new owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks ordering a Champions League 2005 final DVD to be flown across the Atlantic as they prepared their ‘why we love Liverpool’ spiel.

And you can imagine the players replaying that great night in Istanbul as they try to summon up the inspiration that could fuel their next scheduled triumph against the odds on the continent tomorrow night.

But when it’s the opposition tuning in to relive Liverpool’s fifth lifting of Europe’s greatest prize following the sensational fightback against AC Milan two years ago, you know they’ve got them worried.

Perhaps it was Barcelona president Joan Laporta’s way of ensuring nobody would forget just what his team are up against as they try to navigate their way past the club they wrestled the trophy from last year, and into a quarter-final.

But the Nou Camp supremo is perhaps proof that whoever you are and however fierce the rivalry is at the business stage of the competition, watching Steven Gerrard gets his hands on the cup can’t fail to stir anyone’s emotions.

“I love Steven Gerrard,” said Laporta. “He is an emblem of Liverpool.

“I was watching TV last weekend and saw a replay of the Champions League final between Liverpool and AC Milan.

“It was so emotional to watch Gerrard in that game. Xabi Alonso and the goalkeeper (Jerzy Dudek) were important, but Gerrard was the heart of the team.

When he went to celebrate with the supporters after the match and to speak to them, I felt very emotional.

“Our captain, Carles Puyol, represents Barcelona in a similar way to Gerrard. He is always thinking of the team and giving to the team rather than his team-mates. He is generous to his team-mates and he is a fighter.”

While Gerrard may be an emblem, another large symbol of Liverpool’s European progress this term is Peter Crouch.

He has five goals in seven Champions League appearances so far and, after the stunning volleys Crouch steered in against Galatasaray in the Group C meeting at Anfield, Laporta knows it’s more than his height they have to be worried about.

“The other player who is difficult for us to play against is Peter Crouch,” he added. “It is good for us that our defender, Rafael Marquez, is good with his head but we know Crouch is also a good finisher with his feet.

“He came to Barcelona on a visit and asked to see us play. Someone at the club thought he was a basketball player, but I told them ‘No, he is a Liverpool player’.”

Laporta also revealed how excited he is to be swapping the 99,000-seater cauldron of the Nou Camp for what should be an even hotter atmosphere at a much smaller venue two weeks later in the second leg of the last 16 tie.

I am looking forward to the second leg because I hear Anfield is exciting for big matches,” said Laporta.

“I've never been to Liverpool before. For someone of my age who loves The Beatles, it will make it even more special. I want to go to the Cavern Club where they started.”

Less excited than the music-loving president are the players, still reeling from their 2-1 defeat to Valencia on Sunday .

And World Cup-winning defender Gianluca Zambrotta now admits he would happily settle for a 1-0 victory to take back to Liverpool.

“It is important to win,” he said. “To win 1-0 would be a good. Liverpool are a team who are very difficult to play against and who play very well at their ground.

“It is very important to make the most of this first game at home.”

Barca suffered only their third league defeat of the season at Valencia but Frank Rijkaard’s side still kept hold of top spot in the standings despite that result, and Zambrotta doubts the defeat will have much bearing on the upcoming Liverpool match.

“It is a different game because we are playing at home, in front of our fans,” he said.

“To play at the Nou Camp is to our advantage. Against Liverpool, we have to enjoy ourselves.

“It is important to win at home because Liverpool are very dangerous at Anfield.”

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=istanbul-memories-key-for-barcelona-president%26method=full%26objectid=18647351%26page=2%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

_______

Ferguson envies Liverpool record

Feb 20 2007

Liverpool Daily Post

Mr. Ferguson has challenged Manchester United to start making a dent in Liverpool’s dominance of England’s European successes.

It is a source of irritation at Old Trafford that despite over a decade of domestic success, the men from Merseyside still boast an advantage in the Champions League stakes.

Liverpool’s comeback win over AC Milan in Istanbul two seasons ago was their fifth triumph in the competition, compared with United’s two.

“When you look at the winners of the competition, yes, we could have done better,” said the Scot.

“I exclude the likes of AC Milan and Real Madrid who have been exceptional winners of it but other clubs like Ajax, Bayern Munich and Liverpool have won it four or five times, whereas we have only won it twice.

“I really think we should do better and hopefully, over the next few years, we will do that.”

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=ferguson-envies-liverpool-record%26method=full%26objectid=18647354%26siteid=50061-name_page.html
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2007, 11:31:05 am »
Just seen some great stuff on German TV-programm N24. They had a guy standing in front of the Bernabeu where Real play Bayern and there were to guys in the background holding up a LFC flag. Nice... ;)

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2007, 11:36:58 am »
Ferguson envies Liverpool record

[snip]

"When you look at the winners of the competition, yes, we could have done better," said the Scot.

"I exclude the likes of AC Milan and Real Madrid who have been exceptional winners of it but other clubs like Ajax, Bayern Munich and Liverpool have won it four or five times, whereas we have only won it twice."

So he's basically saying that Ajax, Bayern & Liverpool are crap teams and United deserve to have a better European record than them all.

How can you not recognise Liverpool, Ajax & Bayern as exceptional in the years that they won it? How stupid is this guy? If we win it this year, will we still not be exceptional?

Sour grapes if you ask me.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2007, 11:38:15 am »
a day and a half to go and already excited! haven't looked forward to a game so much in a long time...
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline woozie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2007, 11:46:32 am »
bit of spanish press build up from marca , (apologies for translation)

Herrera: "the influence of Benítez is very positive" Herrera Alpaca, ex- technical secretary and ex- head of ojeadores of the Liverpool, indicated that Rafa Benítez has inculcado a mentality different from the club of Merseyside. "I believe that the influence of Rafa Benítez is very positive, it has contributed something to him different from the Liverpool because it has applied a work form and concepts different from which got used to using there", said. For the present sport director of the Espanyol, it is not only necessary to also value the influence that has had Benítez in these last years, but of the paper that has played the different Spanish soccer players that they have happened through the club. "the English player is more visceral and aggressive", comments, "and I believe that soccer players as Queen, Xabi Alonso and Luis Garci'a contribute that extra of necessary quality for any equipment that has aspirations". Herrera remembered that the English set came from a period of great French influence. "Gerard Houllier was six years to the front of the Liverpool and also fichó to many French players who also marked", added. In addition, it remembers that its passage by the Liverpool was superb: "We gained Liga de Campeones, Supercopa of Europe and the FA Cup". However, over everything, it emphasizes the atmosphere that is lived whenever the Liverpool plays in Anfield Road. "He is something incredible. That is with the memory that I remain. It is necessary to go one hour before to the field to live the atmosphere and to enjoy a party ", said.

PARRY OUT.

Offline woozie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2007, 12:06:44 pm »
also times interview with deco including a bit of a jab at our culture and drinking players

In a plush Catalan hotel suite overlooking Barcelona’s stunning cityscape, one of the most stylish players in Europe considered Liverpool’s karaoke blues and added a sobering view. “There are footballers here who drink alcohol but never to the extent that their players did,” Deco said before tomorrow’s Champions League first knockout round, first leg match at the Nou Camp. “Our cultures are completely different.”

News that Craig Bellamy allegedly took a golf club to John Arne Riise, his teammate, has proved a welcome diversion for Barcelona, who have had their own issues in the build-up to the Liverpool match. From Samuel Eto’o’s claim that internecine warfare has split the squad, coupled with personal attacks on Frank Rijkaard and Ronaldinho, to Deco´s sending-off in Sunday’s defeat by Valencia, the European champions have been veering towards self-destruction.

“Everything is fine,” Deco said unconvincingly. “Every team has its problems but Eto’o is still a great player and we need him.” Whether Liverpool need a repeat offender such as Bellamy is more debatable, but Deco was more preoccupied with a man he thinks any Merseyside miscreants should take their lead from. “Steven Gerrard is the best player in the Premier League,” Deco said. “He has a lot of quality, moves around the field and attacks when he can. I think he enjoys it at Liverpool, but if he wanted to play in Spain he could easily adapt.”

As someone who has won the European Cup with two clubs and sampled success against Chelsea and Arsenal last season, Deco is well placed to judge Liverpool’s merits. He said that he was relieved that the preamble to this game had been shorn of the bitter history and histrionics that blighted Barcelona’s duels with Chelsea, but warned his teammates that Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, may pose a bigger problem than his former mentor at FC Porto, José Mourinho.

“Chelsea was a one off, but it’s worse for us now because Benítez is Spanish and has such a good knowledge of La Liga and the players here,” he said.

Liverpool’s archetypal English qualities, with Gerrard as the totem, worry the Brazilian-born Portugal midfield player. “I watched Liverpool beat AC Milan in the Champions League Final in 2005 and I´ve never seen a game like it,” he said. “It showed the strength and character that the captain has.”

Intriguingly, Deco, speaking at a promotion for Umbro’s X-Boot 3, cited Manchester United as the English team he expected to fare best in this season’s tournament. However, as a player who came to prominence under Mourinho at Porto, he knows the importance of Chelsea’s tie against his former club. “We speak a little and if Chelsea win the Champions League I think he will stay,” he said. The implication was that if they do not, Mourinho will depart.

The same may go for Rijkaard, and his position will come under increasing scrutiny if Barcelona continue to throw away points in the league. For all Deco’s attempts to paint a picture of domestic bliss, Eto’o’s description of his coach as a “bad person” can scarcely be ignored.

Deco’s fourth red card of his career hinted at the frustration that is filtering through to the team, but he insisted that Barcelona and Liverpool will be unaffected by off-field matters. “As soon as the game starts everything else will be forgotten,” he said. “La Liga is completely different because we know we can afford to lose there. In the Champions League we can’t.”

Deco´s latest dismissal came as he leapt into a misjudged defence of Lionel Messi, but while that suggests there is a bond running through the team, Eto’o’s insistence that the squad is divided into two factions, remains big news.

Why Eto’o would say those things remains a mystery to Deco, at least publicly, but while Liverpool cannot manage a spot of karaoke without problems, Deco and Barcelona are at least singing from the same hymn sheet.

PARRY OUT.

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2007, 12:14:11 pm »
Can't wait for the game, don't have Sky so will be listening to it on the radio. Normal pre game ritual, Champ Laegue winners polo(unwashwed)check, justice band check.

Let's get ready to rumble, as two Geordies once said.

1-1 hoping.

Come on you REDMEN :scarf

Offline culbs

• Kopite
  • 5 is more than 3
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2007, 12:51:20 pm »
I think we really need to score at the Camp Nou.

I think Barca will be a wounded animal and will be highly charged for this game especially with some of the flak which they have been recieveing lately. Very excited about the game yet worried at the same time.

Hoping for a 1-1 draw

My team:

Reina

Finnan
Agger
Carra
Aurelio

Stevie
Momo
Xabi
Riise

Kuyt
Crouch

Come on you redmen.
"Liverpool is one of those clubs that any coach always dreams about being able to manage" - Rafael Benitez

Offline John Cush

• Boys Pen
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2007, 01:25:17 pm »
Absolutely shitting myself now. Just hope we come through it unscathed and still in with a chance for the second leg. If we get humiliated the press will be all over us and Rafa, the bastards.

Not sure what team or formation Rafa will go with, but judging from the training pics yesterday it's the lads wearing the Yellow bibs.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2007, 01:30:18 pm »
We'll do em. I have every confidence. Welcome John
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2007, 01:30:30 pm »
My dream from last night - we were 1-0 up at half time  :)

Fuckin can't wait!

Do we know for sure what colour kit we're wearing?
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2007, 01:42:53 pm »

Fuckin can't wait!

Be the white I think.

Anyone know if Saviola starts? Seen different starting 11's, he was in one and not the other? He's a fucking excellent little player, might be more useful at Anfield I suppose, but he's deffo a danger. Played well recently as well. Very good player I think.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline John Cush

• Boys Pen
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2007, 01:43:33 pm »
We'll do em. I have every confidence. Welcome John

Hope so mate, cheers.

An away goal would give us a real chance, even if they put 2 or 3 past us.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2007, 01:44:17 pm »

Fuckin can't wait!

I rarely dream about football games but dreamed last night that we won 2-1.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2007, 01:47:27 pm »
So he's basically saying that Ajax, Bayern & Liverpool are crap teams and United deserve to have a better European record than them all.

How can you not recognise Liverpool, Ajax & Bayern as exceptional in the years that they won it? How stupid is this guy? If we win it this year, will we still not be exceptional?

Sour grapes if you ask me.

no the fact is the guys a c*nt and a whiskey nosed c*nt at that
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline little ted

• Main Stander
  • Some days i just can`t be arsed
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2007, 02:02:13 pm »
look at your sig

We won it 5 times

them 2

Says it all really
Concatenation of Confounding Contributions Contributed to this Calamitous Cacophony of Consternation.

The shit hit the fan

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2007, 02:05:46 pm »
Figure Rafa will go with the mindset that if we can get them to Anfield on level pegging then it will be job well done so see the following lineup

5-4-1

Reina
Finnan Carragher Hyypia Agger Riise
Gerrard Alonso Momo Aurelio
Kuyt (should be Bellamy as he is the only forward fast) enough to take advantage of a quick break)

Hope we are up for some soaking of pressure.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline suttonoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2007, 02:05:51 pm »
just remember fergie twice is a long way behind 5 times

form is temporary, class is permanent

oh and season by season our form is returning

COME ON YOU REDMEN ..........we ll win it six times and then the mancs will only be 4 behind

they will never catch up with us

Offline Emerald Red

• Legacy Fan
  • since 1956
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2007, 02:08:16 pm »
If we can settle and get to half-time without conceding, I can see us winning it

0 - 1

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2007, 03:56:23 pm »
Breaking news on SSN Mascherino has had the all clear to play for us.
Finally  8)
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2007, 03:56:53 pm »
lies???^
Watch your back.

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2007, 03:57:00 pm »
Breaking news on SSN Mascherino has had the all clear to play for us.
Finally  8)

REALLY??!?

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2007, 03:59:02 pm »
lies???^

??? Its on SSN now he is now offically a Liverpool player. The Premier league have said he is free to play for us, they are satisfied that no rules or regulations have been broken.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2007, 04:05:35 pm »
There's no breaking news ticker on SSN?!?

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2007, 04:06:09 pm »
Some chap is being interviewed at Celtic Park...

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2007, 05:58:17 pm »
Is it only me or does anybody else think that a 2-1 defeat for us is better than a 0-0?

Gary Mac was thinking along the same lines in tonights Echo, I do see the strange logic in this, but at the end of the day, 0-0 still has to be better result.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Emerald Red

• Legacy Fan
  • since 1956
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2007, 06:07:03 pm »
Is it only me or does anybody else think that a 2-1 defeat for us is better than a 0-0?
not if we win 3-2 at Anfield

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2007, 06:13:37 pm »
Gary Mac was thinking along the same lines in tonights Echo, I do see the strange logic in this, but at the end of the day, 0-0 still has to be better result.

I don't see any logic in it.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline muzzy54

• Anny Roader
  • The Dismal Shore of Acheron
« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2007, 06:35:46 pm »
Barca TV are showing our training session live... players just warmed up by doing a jog round the Camp Nou.

At the moment, theyŕe playing keep ball in two teams... using their hands.

Pepe doing handling skills in goal.

Rafa, Alex and Pako watching.

Riseś legs look fine  :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 06:40:01 pm by muzzy54 »
“Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid...for Rafael thy Lord, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee"

Red Bible.  Gospel of the Rafalution.  Book of Rafael.  Lines 81-83.

Amen.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #193 on: February 20, 2007, 06:37:47 pm »
Beautiful Barca.

Gotta be one of the most refined cities in the world.

Had a cousins ticket in our corner of the sky but was willing to let my mad Red goddaughter see the match in my stead, but went to Nou Camp on the off that her Spanish residency would allow her to buy another.

Only single Eu134s and Eu170s were available so I got a 134 sitting with the Barca fans.

Met up with some friends and one of them sorted me a visiting Kop tick.  Now I get to see the match with our lot and her.  Abso made up and all on me birthday. ;D

Btw, we own this town.
Kill the humourless

Offline fru

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2007, 06:54:35 pm »
This is Guillem Balague's starting lineup (just been on Revista De La Liga on Sky)

Reina
       Arbeloa  Carragher Agger Hyypia
Finnan                                          Riise
             Gerrard Alonso Sissoko 

Kuyt OR Crouch

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2007, 06:55:02 pm »
Getting butterflies just thinking about this one..i forsee a monstrous performance from Stevie, these are the games he was born to play in..I think we're gonna need a goal to have any chance of getting through this one..

Reina

Carra                    Hyypia                   Agger

Finnan                                                                                             Riise

Alonso          Momo

Gerrard

Kuyt
                                                                Bellamy           

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2007, 06:59:23 pm »
This is Guillem Balague's starting lineup (just been on Revista De La Liga on Sky)

Reina
       Arbeloa  Carragher Agger Hyypia
Finnan                                          Riise
             Gerrard Alonso Sissoko 

Kuyt OR Crouch

Couldn't have picked a more defensive team if he tried. ;)
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2007, 07:05:13 pm »
Fuck it lets go...

Reina
        Arbeloa Agger Carra
 Gerrard Momo Xabi Gonzalez
      Kuyt Crouch Ballesteros

We'll win 6-5.

"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2007, 07:19:39 pm »
Fuck it lets go...

Reina
        Arbeloa Agger Carra
 Gerrard Momo Xabi Gonzalez
      Kuyt Crouch Ballesteros

We'll win 6-5.

I see him more as Davis Love III complete with pink tights
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2007, 07:20:37 pm »
I see him more as Davis Love III complete with pink tights

Woosnam. Obviously.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.