Author Topic: LFC friendly pubs in London - General guide  (Read 336971 times)

Offline Tam

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC friendly pubs in London - General guide
« Reply #520 on: October 1, 2008, 02:58:09 pm »
Back in there tonight for the first time this season. Can't fucking wait
We Are The Champions!
Of Who?
Champions Of Europe!
Of Where?
Champions Of Europe!
Oh Right

Offline dan17

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: October 1, 2008, 03:46:12 pm »
F3K can fuck off as far as im concerned. went there on sat hungover as fuck and it was £3.50 a pint OF COKE!
"The very word Anfield means more to me than i can describe" Bill Shankly

Offline grooverider527

• Main Stander
« Reply #522 on: October 1, 2008, 06:04:48 pm »
F3K can fuck off as far as im concerned. went there on sat hungover as fuck and it was £3.50 a pint OF COKE!
Was in much the same situation. Got a pint of ale, pint of coke and an orange juice but the bill came to about 7.50. Thought nothing of it until later on i jus got a pint of ale and it was only £2.50! Bit weird that coke is a quid more than beer!
They never have the same prices tho. Remember going to a game last year and getting charged 2.95, 2.70 and 2.50 for a pint of fosters on same night off the same barmaid!
F3K is unrivaled for watching the game tho so will be heading down again tonight!

Offline MidMaestro

• Anny Roader
« Reply #523 on: October 1, 2008, 07:27:14 pm »
The Earl Haig, opposite Hounslow West tube station

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #524 on: October 1, 2008, 07:34:53 pm »
Any places in the centre of London (zone 1 & 2 on the tube) that are likely to show the City game on Sunday?  Down with the missus for the weekend.

I'll be in F3K on the Sunday! Looks good.

http://www.sportspubs.co.uk/new_detail.php?pubscode=161
« Last Edit: October 1, 2008, 07:44:43 pm by flemingcool »

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: October 2, 2008, 12:58:40 am »

£3.50 just to get in tonight. Big games when it gets packed out I can understand but the group games when it's not that busy and atmosphere is flat, that's pushing it IMO.

edit, should mention you do get a bottle of beer with that
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Pym

• Main Stander
« Reply #526 on: October 2, 2008, 08:36:06 am »
£3.50 just to get in tonight. Big games when it gets packed out I can understand but the group games when it's not that busy and atmosphere is flat, that's pushing it IMO.

edit, should mention you do get a bottle of beer with that

To be honest I think it's fair enough as there are a lot of people who come in and don't buy a single drink for the whole game... takes the piss a bit. The 'entry' free just stops the tight bastards from going on.... although isn't a bottle of beer cheaper than 3.50 in there?

At the Yucutan in Stoke Newington they charge a fiver for the naughty games but you get two beers.

Offline Red Pat

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #527 on: October 2, 2008, 02:03:36 pm »
I wen to RUSE last night to watch the PSV game, its in Borough, SE London, its where the LFC Supporters London Branch are now getting together,  the landlord is a reds fan (I think he is a scouser), so there are large banners on walls and LFC songs played during halftime.
All in all its pretty central and a good red crowd.  Definately worth a shout.
There was no charge to get in and the beer is reasonably priced.

http://www.ruse.uk.com/

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #528 on: October 2, 2008, 10:28:45 pm »
The Golden Egg is situated in the heart of vibrant Kilburn in North West London. It is one of the last traditional public houses on the famous Kilburn High Road.

http://www.jwbassettpubs.com/goldenegg.html

The landlord is a red and posts on OTK.

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #529 on: October 3, 2008, 12:39:07 pm »
Ruse looks a bit… erm, polished? Also, how big is it?

Might try that pub in Kilburn for a game. If not, F3K still looks the best bet.
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
« Reply #530 on: October 3, 2008, 01:14:45 pm »
Slightly off topib but....

See a few west london pubs mentioned on here, i have just moved to that neck of the woods and am desperated to start playing some footy again, 5 aside, sunday pub, 7 a side anything really.

Anyone got any ideas or spaces where they play?

If no luck i could always try fulham, i would track back more than Murphy at any rate.

Offline Red Pat

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #531 on: October 3, 2008, 01:38:16 pm »
Ruse looks a bit… erm, polished? Also, how big is it?

Might try that pub in Kilburn for a game. If not, F3K still looks the best bet.

Not at all, was big enough with an open area with 2 large plasmas, could hold around 100 odd people standing.  As I mentioned, it is where the LFC London Branch seem to be meeting.  www.lfclondon.co.uk

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #532 on: October 3, 2008, 04:45:32 pm »
See a few west london pubs mentioned on here, i have just moved to that neck of the woods and am desperated to start playing some footy again, 5 aside, sunday pub, 7 a side anything really.

Where abouts do you live mate? There are 5 aside pitches in Turnham Green but not sure how you'd go about getting a game there. I play on a Monday in Brixton but we don't currently have any spare slots - can give you a shout if we are ever short though.

Offline Bermondsey Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #533 on: October 3, 2008, 07:55:30 pm »
Dropped into Ruse this eve.  Only spoke to barmaid but doesn't look as though 3pm games are shown.  Looks like it is still The White Bear (Kennington) for the Man City game.

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #534 on: October 3, 2008, 08:27:37 pm »
Dropped into Ruse this eve.  Only spoke to barmaid but doesn't look as though 3pm games are shown.  Looks like it is still The White Bear (Kennington) for the Man City game.

Is The White Bear a definite for the Man City game on Sunday? Have they shown any other 3pm games this season?  I've heard the usual foreign channels pubs get aren't showing Saturday 3pms at the moment.

Offline Bermondsey Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #535 on: October 3, 2008, 08:40:55 pm »
They've had every match so far.  They have Setanta (Ireland) legit as well as a motorized dish picking up all sorts. No reason to suspect MC won't be on.  I'll post on Sunday if I hear there is a problem.

Offline ed1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #536 on: October 3, 2008, 08:45:46 pm »
Thanks for the info BB, let us know on Sunday.  I used to go all the way across to F3K from South London, so I reckon I'll be checking out The White Bear from now on.  Motorised system sounds highly promising, lots of possibilities. 

Offline starskysdad

• Self confessed Idiot
  • Kopite
  • OOT for 32 yrs and loving it
« Reply #537 on: October 3, 2008, 09:00:53 pm »
The Fiddlers Arms - new pub just opened by someone called Gary or Paul or something
I'm not saying I disagree with you but, you're pissing in the wind if you think calling someone a c*nt on the net is gonna change the way they think.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: October 3, 2008, 09:49:35 pm »
The F3K has it's downsides, like awful beer on tap and so on, but it is 5-10 from where I live, so I am quite happy with it.

Will be there on Sunday, although hopefully more lively than when I was last there for the Stoke game and I just sulked!
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: October 3, 2008, 09:54:27 pm »
The F3K has it's downsides, like awful beer on tap and so on, but it is 5-10 from where I live, so I am quite happy with it.

Will be there on Sunday, although hopefully more lively than when I was last there for the Stoke game and I just sulked!

It's boss for the big games that's for sure. Arsenal (CL) games were brilliant last year and Chelsea almost as good. Decent sing song including some proper good ones like every other saturday and gary macca ;D From experience though league games and early european games are a bit of a let down though i suppose that's natural and relative to the big games. It's close to me too so it's usually first choice for me too, dont know (m)any round here that would show the reds over chelsea, arse or mancs.

Offline matthew45

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Try hard blogger and embarrassed OOT
    • Matthew Cain's blog
« Reply #540 on: October 4, 2008, 01:17:31 pm »
My local in N16 which showed non terrestrial games has just had an ASBO served on it so it's shut. Any suggestions?
I blog about Liverpool, mostly focussed on the reserves, at: http://blog.matthewcain.co.uk/category/liverpool-fc/

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
« Reply #541 on: October 4, 2008, 03:12:14 pm »
Where abouts do you live mate? There are 5 aside pitches in Turnham Green but not sure how you'd go about getting a game there. I play on a Monday in Brixton but we don't currently have any spare slots - can give you a shout if we are ever short though.

Old Isleworth at the moment, tried looking on the net to see if any of the local pubs (there are loads) have a team but didnt have much luck?

Offline Bermondsey Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #542 on: October 4, 2008, 06:41:10 pm »
Confirmed that MC game is definitely on in the White Bear.  Will be shown at the back on the big screen.  Chelsea v Villa also being shown at the front end of the pub.

Offline Pym

• Main Stander
« Reply #543 on: October 4, 2008, 07:04:04 pm »
Confirmed that MC game is definitely on in the White Bear.  Will be shown at the back on the big screen.  Chelsea v Villa also being shown at the front end of the pub.

Cheers for the info mate, will be down there to watch it if I get back from football in time

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
« Reply #544 on: October 4, 2008, 08:52:13 pm »
Cheers for the info mate, will be down there to watch it if I get back from football in time

Are you rubbing it in?

Offline Pym

• Main Stander
« Reply #545 on: October 4, 2008, 10:51:43 pm »
Are you rubbing it in?

Lost you there mate... ?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #546 on: October 5, 2008, 09:05:44 am »
Does anyone know if the Blackhorse in Hounslow still has the Arab channels and shows every game? Dont really fancy the F3K.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
« Reply #547 on: October 5, 2008, 09:48:05 am »
Slightly off topib but....

Anyone got any ideas or spaces where they play?

If no luck i could always try fulham, i would track back more than Murphy at any rate.

Offline flemingcool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #548 on: October 6, 2008, 03:26:29 pm »
Just got back from my trip to London and an annoying experience at the Famous Three Kings.

I was looking forwards to the game and watching it at F3K, but was left disappointed by crap staff, rubbish beer and a bunch of idiot supporters.

I got there early, about 1, and had some lunch - was trying to placate the missus as this was a bit of an interruption to her birthday weekend she wasn't expecting. 

Food was OK.  Wetherspoons type stuff.  The Beer was poor tried a bitter and moved onto Peroni which wasn't much better.  I asked a woman behind the bar which screens it was on so I could grab a good speck, she didn't know and instead of finding out just walked away. 

Eventually found out from the manager that the game would be on the Main screen - an impressive size! - so moved over there with the missus and got a space by the wall, dragged a stool over for the missus, which for some reason we weren't allowed to do, so the manager made us move the stool back - knobish behaviour IMO, as it wasn't in the way of anyone or anything.

Anyway, so I've got a good spot, kick off is approaching and it's getting pretty busy, loads of people just turn up and stand up right in front of everyone else.  Now, I know everyone wants to see the game etc, and it is big area in front of the screen, but the huge screen is wasted when you can't see it - some chairs - or stools set up in front would be better so everyone could see properly would be better IMO.

Game kicks off and we are playing shite.  And I swear everyone in the pub has given up by half time.  Kuyt getting loads of abuse, even if the ball is passed behind him, if he doesn't control it - it's his fault.  I was getting right wound up.  about 20 people must have left at half time, and the rest were moaning, saying drop Kuyt, what the fuck is Rafa doing etc.  I'm trying to explain to the clowns around me why Kuyt is so important but they're having none of it, one guy starts prattling on he wants us to lose for gods sake!  It put a big downer on the first 60 mins for me.  Obviously when we scored, the muppets started to cheer up, and by the end everyone believed all along we would win.  And the atmosphere at the end was quite good to be fair, but all the moaning and not supporting the team early on was crap. 

Conclusion?  Good place as long as we're winning and you don't drink beer and are 7feet tall.  otherwise try somewhere else.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #549 on: October 6, 2008, 03:36:50 pm »
Just got back from my trip to London and an annoying experience at the Famous Three Kings.

I was looking forwards to the game and watching it at F3K, but was left disappointed by crap staff, rubbish beer and a bunch of idiot supporters.

I got there early, about 1, and had some lunch - was trying to placate the missus as this was a bit of an interruption to her birthday weekend she wasn't expecting. 

Food was OK.  Wetherspoons type stuff.  The Beer was poor tried a bitter and moved onto Peroni which wasn't much better.  I asked a woman behind the bar which screens it was on so I could grab a good speck, she didn't know and instead of finding out just walked away. 

Eventually found out from the manager that the game would be on the Main screen - an impressive size! - so moved over there with the missus and got a space by the wall, dragged a stool over for the missus, which for some reason we weren't allowed to do, so the manager made us move the stool back - knobish behaviour IMO, as it wasn't in the way of anyone or anything.

Anyway, so I've got a good spot, kick off is approaching and it's getting pretty busy, loads of people just turn up and stand up right in front of everyone else.  Now, I know everyone wants to see the game etc, and it is big area in front of the screen, but the huge screen is wasted when you can't see it - some chairs - or stools set up in front would be better so everyone could see properly would be better IMO.

Game kicks off and we are playing shite.  And I swear everyone in the pub has given up by half time.  Kuyt getting loads of abuse, even if the ball is passed behind him, if he doesn't control it - it's his fault.  I was getting right wound up.  about 20 people must have left at half time, and the rest were moaning, saying drop Kuyt, what the fuck is Rafa doing etc.  I'm trying to explain to the clowns around me why Kuyt is so important but they're having none of it, one guy starts prattling on he wants us to lose for gods sake!  It put a big downer on the first 60 mins for me.  Obviously when we scored, the muppets started to cheer up, and by the end everyone believed all along we would win.  And the atmosphere at the end was quite good to be fair, but all the moaning and not supporting the team early on was crap. 

Conclusion?  Good place as long as we're winning and you don't drink beer and are 7feet tall.  otherwise try somewhere else.

The beer is poor. They stopped doing the wife beater about a year ago which doesnt help.

The prolem with the main screen is that there is no where near enough stools, so you end up having to stand. If your short or sitting on a stool your screwed.

The staff used to be ok. I used to work around the corner from there and go there quite often. The staff used to come up to you (on non match days) and ask you what drink you want and serve you at your seat, you didnt even have to get off your arse!

Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline NasEscobar

• Shirt fetishist
  • Legacy Fan
  • See you at the Barricades babe.
« Reply #550 on: October 17, 2008, 09:03:09 am »
Haven't had time to read the thread, but I'm down in London (N1) this weekend and I'd like to find a place (hopefully nearby) that will show the Wigan game on the arl arab.

Cheers in advance

Nas.
Check me out y'all, Nasty Nas in your area, About to cause mass Hysteria.

Offline sixpackred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #551 on: October 17, 2008, 10:44:49 am »
Haven't had time to read the thread, but I'm down in London (N1) this weekend and I'd like to find a place (hopefully nearby) that will show the Wigan game on the arl arab.

Cheers in advance

Nas.

I echo this post, i'm down that neck of the woods for the weekend, need to see the 3pm game in North London. Help!
"There are things to sort out with the owners and the sale of the club. It is not in the hands of the players but, once we are done with all that, let's build a proper team with a proper squad that is competitive. Maybe then we can start to fight for bigger targets."

Pepe Reina / May 01, 2010

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: October 17, 2008, 12:25:23 pm »
I would recommend the sports bar at Haymarket, near Picadilly. I watched the Man City game 2 sundays ago. They have those funny arab channels.

Offline That Kennedy moment

• "Down in 1...down in 1...or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..... *pause* .....47, 48, 49..... *sigh*.....
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why I'm here
« Reply #553 on: October 17, 2008, 01:00:04 pm »
Agree with Fleming, to a point. F3K is the liveliest option I've found, but when I was there for the Chelsea CL 2nd leg last season there seemed to be a core of fans who 'owned' the bar. They knew all the songs, liked to jump, were full of it before kick-off, and by half-time they were turning on the team and generally outing themselves as a bunch of whoppers.

There were also a lot of decent fans besides, but there is a little scene in there.

Anyone know the latest on the Kings Head on Essex Rd?
'I'd rather have a quick wank, a cup of tea and read the Beano frankly.'
Cornelius, 8 September 2008

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: October 17, 2008, 03:37:45 pm »
Agree with Fleming, to a point. F3K is the liveliest option I've found, but when I was there for the Chelsea CL 2nd leg last season there seemed to be a core of fans who 'owned' the bar. They knew all the songs, liked to jump, were full of it before kick-off, and by half-time they were turning on the team and generally outing themselves as a bunch of whoppers.

There were also a lot of decent fans besides, but there is a little scene in there.

Anyone know the latest on the Kings Head on Essex Rd?

Thought the atmopshere for the arsenal games and to a lesser extent the Chelsea games last year were boss. A fair few exiled scousers too, atleast where I was stood

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: October 18, 2008, 12:57:12 am »

Cheers in advance

Nas.

I echo this post, i'm down that neck of the woods for the weekend, need to see the 3pm game in North London. Help!

N1 - is Islington area. That's more or less in central Londo so getting to Paddington won't be too much of a pain for the F3K pub!

I too live in Nort London - but Winchmore Hill area. On Green lanes, there is a pub - 'Polski Bar'. It use to be 'Sports Zone/The sporting full back'. It's at the A406 junction in Palmers Green. Give them a call and find out. Yell.com them!

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: October 18, 2008, 09:29:47 am »
N1 - is Islington area. That's more or less in central Londo so getting to Paddington won't be too much of a pain for the F3K pub!

I too live in Nort London - but Winchmore Hill area. On Green lanes, there is a pub - 'Polski Bar'. It use to be 'Sports Zone/The sporting full back'. It's at the A406 junction in Palmers Green. Give them a call and find out. Yell.com them!

N1 is north London, or at least they consider themselves north Londoners (plus the N in the postcode stands for north) - isn't Arsenal V Tottenham the 'North London Derby'? Highbury and the Holloway Rd isn't far from N1 if it isn't actually in it (not sure).

I lived round there for two years and there is a pub I went to once or twice. It's not the best pub in the world, but it'll save you the trek of having to go down to F3K. I think it's called the King's Head and it's on the Essex road opposite the Old Queen's Head. They've got LFC scarfs behind the bar and I was told they show the 3pm Saturday games from satalite - but I'd give 'em a ring first to check.

I'm in Waterloo now. Fucking ace location right by the river on the southbank - plus I can hear Big Ben from my bedroom! Really feel like I'm in London now.. But I don't have a clue where I can watch the match!!! I don't like hiking it across london so the F3K is not realistic for me.

Offline Bermondsey Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #557 on: October 18, 2008, 09:35:16 am »
White Bear is by Kennington Station - just a couple of minutes by tube from Waterloo.  Also 15 mins by tube from Angel (N1).  Get the Northern Line straight there.  Turn left out of station and bar is 100yds on the right.  Always shows our games.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #558 on: October 18, 2008, 09:35:33 am »
I can't edit posts anymore but I reckon this thread needs a list of pubs in the first post, broken down by areas in London. That way anyone in town for the night can quickly find the nearest red friendly boozer.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline londonscouse56

• RAOTL's Pearly King
  • Main Stander
« Reply #559 on: October 18, 2008, 09:43:14 am »
I'm in Waterloo now. Fucking ace location right by the river on the southbank - plus I can hear Big Ben from my bedroom! Really feel like I'm in London now.. But I don't have a clue where I can watch the match!!! I don't like hiking it across london so the F3K is not realistic for me.

The F3K is not really a hike across London from Waterloo though is it? Just walk across Westminster Bridge to Westminster tube station and take the district line straight to West Kensington and you're there in less than 30mins (10min walk+15min tube)