Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1533744 times)

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #9600 on: April 6, 2022, 04:08:30 pm »
What was that all about yesterday then? I saw the pictures on Twitter, genuine issue with the ticket process or is it something more sinister and they've done before?

Didn't have them pegged as that sort of club.

Was like trying to get into area 55. Multiple checks, full body searches and pockets emptying for everyone - marched in groups to and from the stadium and locked in after for a good 45 mins, with only one door to get out when they did open them eventually. It was ridiculous stuff - heard a few saying it was a throwback to the 80s. Not really seen anything like that before.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9601 on: April 10, 2022, 06:31:27 pm »
Nice to hear Jürgen’s I feel fine song :)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9602 on: April 11, 2022, 08:07:30 am »
Bobby F”s wife in with the rabble in the lower tier and stood in front of us yesterday.

Looks like she really enjoyed herself. Celebrating like a loon when we scored and generally loving it. 

She naturally got very excited when her fella came on and she belted out Si Senor with the rest of us :)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9603 on: April 11, 2022, 08:40:45 am »
Bobby F”s wife in with the rabble in the lower tier and stood in front of us yesterday.

Looks like she really enjoyed herself. Celebrating like a loon when we scored and generally loving it. 

She naturally got very excited when her fella came on and she belted out Si Senor with the rest of us :)

So was Klopp’s wife, it is great they would rather be with the fans than spending time in the stands with the Abu Dhabi PR machine.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9604 on: April 11, 2022, 09:39:33 am »
The fellas on our coach took selfies with Rebecca Tavares too so prob altogether in 113.

We saw Tony Barrett, so he's still around
We are a team of one half.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9605 on: April 11, 2022, 09:43:46 am »
The fellas on our coach took selfies with Rebecca Tavares too so prob altogether in 113.

Yeah they all must have had specs scattered in 113

Bobby's missus was with a short guy with long hair in a ponytail.   Similar neck tattoo to Bobby and looked a bit like her to be honest., Maybe her Bro.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9606 on: April 11, 2022, 10:42:00 am »
GMP up to their finest work again, stopping people from leaving, even to go to the toilet from about the 78th minute. They never seem to learn that standing there in riot gear blocking exits, pushing people back and being obnoxious, arrogant arseholes winds people up and makes things worse.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9607 on: April 11, 2022, 10:48:07 am »

She was with Diogo's wife as well. They were filming the singing in the lower before the game!

Thiago's wife and son were there too, but in some kind of box on the laf way line by the look of her photos.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9608 on: April 11, 2022, 10:53:49 am »

Thiago's wife and son were there too, but in some kind of box on the laf way line by the look of her photos.

Sounds a lorra lorra fun in there.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9609 on: April 11, 2022, 11:17:57 am »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9610 on: April 11, 2022, 11:22:50 am »
GMP up to their finest work again, stopping people from leaving, even to go to the toilet from about the 78th minute. They never seem to learn that standing there in riot gear blocking exits, pushing people back and being obnoxious, arrogant arseholes winds people up and makes things worse.

The setup of that away end is a fucking disgrace.

Worst in the league by a country mile

I really hope LFC respond in kind when the new Anny Rd is built and give them fuckers a sliver of an allocation spanning both lower and upper tiers. :no

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9611 on: April 11, 2022, 02:17:39 pm »

I really hope LFC respond in kind when the new Anny Rd is built and give them fuckers a sliver of an allocation spanning both lower and upper tiers. :no

A loud away end at Anfield, or any ground, is the best and most effective catalyst for a much louder home end.

The likes of Man City (sliver), Wolves (long and thin) and Newcastle (stratospheric) are not models to copy.

And the comments on GMP are spot on.  Disgraceful behaviour.

The 30-minute lock-in was unnecessary and the "congestion" reason entirely bogus.  We've never had one at the Etihad before, and there was no forewarning it was a possibility.  Hope no-one missed trains with Advance tickets.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9612 on: April 11, 2022, 02:31:44 pm »

From what I gather, that's exactly what they will get. A narrower section that is on two levels. A full away section will not span across to behind the goal in the new ARE. They'll be in the corner over two tiers.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BigThrilly

• Boys Pen
« Reply #9613 on: April 11, 2022, 02:35:55 pm »

Wolves is worse for me

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9614 on: April 11, 2022, 03:29:09 pm »
From what I gather, that's exactly what they will get. A narrower section that is on two levels. A full away section will not span across to behind the goal in the new ARE. They'll be in the corner over two tiers.

I think its better not to have opposition fans anywhere near the pitch, just like they do at Old Trafford. Just let them have an upper tier section in a corner. Pisses me off to see our lads getting stick from away supporters when they're taking a corner down the Annie Rd end.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9615 on: April 11, 2022, 11:04:39 pm »
I think its better not to have opposition fans anywhere near the pitch, just like they do at Old Trafford. Just let them have an upper tier section in a corner. Pisses me off to see our lads getting stick from away supporters when they're taking a corner down the Annie Rd end.
That would be the ideal thing, but against the rules I believe. It does annoy that the likes of Newcastle and the Mancs manage to get around those rules though.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9616 on: April 12, 2022, 09:17:32 am »
Newc def, I agree. Utd doesn't seem that high and with disabled fans in front, I forget.
I don't get why Newc are allowed to put us up there. They were given extra time but that was years ago

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #9617 on: April 12, 2022, 02:44:59 pm »
Newc def, I agree. Utd doesn't seem that high and with disabled fans in front, I forget.
I don't get why Newc are allowed to put us up there. They were given extra time but that was years ago

Newcastle’s full statement reads: “Newcastle United can confirm the club has been granted exemption from the Premier League’s ‘Away Supporter Location’ ruling.

“Premier League rule 10.3, which was introduced at the start of the 2017/18 season, requires clubs to locate away supporters together, with a minimum of one seating block to be situated pitch-side, subject to local authority approval.

“Since the redevelopment of St James’ Park in 2000, away supporters have been located on level seven of the Leazes Stand and will remain there after extensive consultation with the local authority, emergency services and independent consultants concluded it to be the most appropriate location to ensure the safety of away supporters.

“The club adopted a positive approach following notification of the Premier League’s rule change and commissioned detailed crowd flow modelling of supporter movements on a match day, to determine if a safe relocation option could be accommodated. This considered all stands and sections within the stadium.

“However, analysis showed that each proposed option for relocation significantly increased the risk of confrontation, conflict and potential disorder between home and away supporters entering and, in particular, exiting the stadium.

“Following a number of meetings of the stadium Safety Advisory Group, the Local Authority formally agreed not to support any move of away supporters from their current location, concluding that such a relocation would introduce a significant risk to spectator safety.

“The club is satisfied that it has taken all reasonable steps to comply with the ruling and welcomes the granting of an exemption by the Premier League.”

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9618 on: April 12, 2022, 04:31:38 pm »
Ok, thanks for that. Handy for them. We have had confrontation there before, from level 7, as they wait outside or at the bottom, as the turnstiles opposite are home fans in level 5.  ::) But you have saved me an email, so cheers. I'll just hope they go down next year instead!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 04:37:59 pm by Shanklygates »

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #9619 on: April 13, 2022, 07:06:37 pm »
Ok, thanks for that. Handy for them. We have had confrontation there before, from level 7, as they wait outside or at the bottom, as the turnstiles opposite are home fans in level 5.  ::) But you have saved me an email, so cheers. I'll just hope they go down next year instead!
The away end used to be located in the other corner of that stand on the highest level - on exiting you still mixed with their fans on the street.....and invariably there'd be some of their numbskulls waiting  ::)

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9620 on: April 13, 2022, 10:47:00 pm »
I remember that. I guess this is better as they are only on one side but some segregation or something as we leave might be an idea if they are THAT concerned, as they make out

Just reminds me of the Government that they think the rues don't apply to them :D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9621 on: April 14, 2022, 03:48:26 am »

I remember a GMP copper on horseback telling me he’d fine me for pissing in the street - after they’d kept us back. I asked if I could use the same toilets their horses use then.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9622 on: April 16, 2022, 05:31:15 pm »
Looked like a party out there. Even came through on BBC’s dulling microphones
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9623 on: April 16, 2022, 06:01:35 pm »
Sounded great over the TV, hardly heard the City fans. Late afternoon kick off on a sunny bank holiday weekend is always going to be good fun.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #9624 on: April 16, 2022, 06:12:07 pm »
Sounded great over the TV, hardly heard the City fans. Late afternoon kick off on a sunny bank holiday weekend is always going to be good fun.

Oh I heard the City fans...only time they could be heard..c*nts!!

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9625 on: April 16, 2022, 06:28:09 pm »
The club apologised for that but it won't make a bit of difference to those booing. A minute silence was never going to work there, sadly. It has when we've been at home on 14th or 16th end, mostly, but not there today

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #9626 on: April 16, 2022, 06:32:28 pm »
I remember the city fans being exemplary in 2014 after the inquests started. Unfortunately I think people have generally gone downhill since then.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9627 on: April 16, 2022, 07:12:43 pm »
To focus on the positives rather than those twats before the match, the atmosphere today was boss. Great in the boozer before the game (every time I go to Wembley I forget how shit it is for pubs), great during the game and the concourse at halftime was a sight to behold.

One of the best days out watching the reds I’ve had in years that, and, let’s face it, we’ve had a few.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9628 on: April 16, 2022, 07:22:24 pm »
I thought the travelling Reds were brilliant today. Outclassed and outsang the other shower with ease.

I only heard them ruin the silence then they had one derisory effort at Blue Moon, then that was it from them.

Our end looked colourful and had a good array of songs throughout.

Great stuff from all who attended.  :scarf :scarf

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #9629 on: April 16, 2022, 08:06:14 pm »
The shot of Klopp with our lot behind, bouncing in the stands in the sun was pretty memorable. Looked like the old Kop. Would like to see that clip again.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9630 on: April 16, 2022, 09:24:08 pm »
The shot of Klopp with our lot behind, bouncing in the stands in the sun was pretty memorable. Looked like the old Kop. Would like to see that clip again.
;D There was a few like that! I’ve watched a bit of it back and there was a great moment not long after the second goal during a raucous ‘Allez Allez’ where they showed Jurgen with our end bouncing around in the background. Fucking fantastic scenes and just made me laugh with the pure joy of it.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #9631 on: April 16, 2022, 09:57:54 pm »
;D There was a few like that! I’ve watched a bit of it back and there was a great moment not long after the second goal during a raucous ‘Allez Allez’ where they showed Jurgen with our end bouncing around in the background. Fucking fantastic scenes and just made me laugh with the pure joy of it.
That’s the one

21st min onwards
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 10:09:31 pm by meady1981 »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9632 on: April 17, 2022, 12:46:02 am »
Absolutely brilliant today and credit to the many, many Reds in the City end who must have had to hide their emotions. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #9633 on: April 17, 2022, 12:53:05 am »
I remember the city fans being exemplary in 2014 after the inquests started. Unfortunately I think people have generally gone downhill since then.
Their prolonged and continued success turned them all into twats.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9634 on: April 17, 2022, 08:50:49 am »

Minutes silences have generally been replaced by applause as people can't be trusted to be quiet. Obviously Hillsborough is not appropriate for that. Back in 2014 City fans were really put out because they respected the minutes silence (why wouldn't you though?) and then we created an intimidating atmosphere and booed them in possession.

Liverpool end was great though. Probably the best at the new Wembley.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #9635 on: April 17, 2022, 09:28:19 am »
Looked/sounded absolutely amazing. Well done all.

Minutes silences have generally been replaced by applause as people can't be trusted to be quiet. Obviously Hillsborough is not appropriate for that. Back in 2014 City fans were really put out because they respected the minutes silence (why wouldn't you though?) and then we created an intimidating atmosphere and booed them in possession.

Yep thats right. Before they started banging on about the coach incident, they were banging on about how we booed them in possession (European-style) during that match, after they had "gone out of their way" to show respect to the victims of Hillsborough (as you said why wouldn´t you?) as if the booing was some kind of personal slight on them and not just a way of creating an intimidating atmosphere.

They cry-arsed about that for 4 years, and then they cry arsed about the coach window for the next 4 years and counting.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9636 on: April 17, 2022, 10:27:27 am »
Hoping my voice bounces back for Tues! Brilliant day all around.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9637 on: April 17, 2022, 10:47:37 am »
Looked/sounded absolutely amazing. Well done all.

Yep thats right. Before they started banging on about the coach incident, they were banging on about how we booed them in possession (European-style) during that match, after they had "gone out of their way" to show respect to the victims of Hillsborough (as you said why wouldn´t you?) as if the booing was some kind of personal slight on them and not just a way of creating an intimidating atmosphere.

They cry-arsed about that for 4 years, and then they cry arsed about the coach window for the next 4 years and counting.

As rationalizations go, pretty lame.

If City players themselves are on video singing songs about Liverpool fans being attacked, does that not set the tone for the fans?

They reveal their dark hearts through their actions.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 10:55:23 am by FLRed67 »

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #9638 on: April 17, 2022, 10:50:08 am »
As an armchair support of many decades I can say it's quite honestly a privilege to support and watch a club play football with the Liverpool supporters serenading us throughout. Any neutral venue I've watched Liverpool play in, any Cup Final I've watched Liverpool play in, the Liverpool supporters have ALWAYS been the loudest. I sat my son next to me and told him to listen to the greatest supporters a club can have, a support that goes bsck generations.

At the age of 6, I started supporting Liverpool as a bandwagon supporter, was hooked because of the players and playing style,  but I fell in love because of the supporters and their mentality. Such a privilege.

Fun note, I almost got engaged 2 years back, but realised over timr the main reason I was even considering an engagement,  and actually  the reason why I was maintaining our relationship in the first place, was because she was born and raised in Liverpool (didn't watch football so much!). Her accent and the fact she was from Liverpool was actually the initial attraction.

So for any psychologists out there, wrap your heads around that.  ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9639 on: April 17, 2022, 12:27:14 pm »
the period after the second goal until half-time, incredible. could feel the ground almost move as everyone bounced in the lower.
YNWA.