Author Topic: Guess who I just met in the Asda?  (Read 1693436 times)

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Guess who I just met in the Asda?
« Reply #5680 on: August 17, 2015, 07:59:47 pm »
Dennis Law in Terminal3 Manchester airport havin a mare with security, smiled throughout, gent.

I had a run in with him a few years ago at the 2006 Open Championship Golf Tournament.

At the time I was only about 17/18 and hadn't a clue who this bloke was. I was working at the VIP Car Park, and he came in, in a huge big 4x4 and just parked it centre of the Field.

I walked over and said, you can't park here, you have to park next to another car... As we're parking in rows, you being there could mean we lose space for about 40 cars, thanks to your sheer arrogance.

(Bearing in mind he completely ignored at least 6 people who were pointing and asking him to pull over to talk to us)

Anyway he decided he'd throw his weight around a little bit, I'm a small bloke (height wise) and he pushed me, and so I radio'd for security who, when arriving, took me to one side, and said, you know who that is; and I said, not a clue, just some arrogant prat, thinking he owns the place, i'm in charge, and if you don't get him to move you can inform him his car will be towed away, anyway the security guard said Ex-Manchester United Star Dennis Law...

So I thought brilliant, walked back to this bloke who I had no idea who he was and said, if you don't want to get charged for an assault and don't want your car towed away; i'd suggest moving it quickly; because I hadn't a clue you were a Manchester United player before; but I'm sure our Tow truck driver Chris, whose a die-hard LFC fan, will be only to pleased to find that information out...

Needless to say, we didn't see him after that, he drove out the car park and didn't return.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5681 on: August 17, 2015, 08:35:04 pm »
I had a run in with him a few years ago at the 2006 Open Championship Golf Tournament.

At the time I was only about 17/18 and hadn't a clue who this bloke was. I was working at the VIP Car Park, and he came in, in a huge big 4x4 and just parked it centre of the Field.

I walked over and said, you can't park here, you have to park next to another car... As we're parking in rows, you being there could mean we lose space for about 40 cars, thanks to your sheer arrogance.

(Bearing in mind he completely ignored at least 6 people who were pointing and asking him to pull over to talk to us)

Anyway he decided he'd throw his weight around a little bit, I'm a small bloke (height wise) and he pushed me, and so I radio'd for security who, when arriving, took me to one side, and said, you know who that is; and I said, not a clue, just some arrogant prat, thinking he owns the place, i'm in charge, and if you don't get him to move you can inform him his car will be towed away, anyway the security guard said Ex-Manchester United Star Dennis Law...

So I thought brilliant, walked back to this bloke who I had no idea who he was and said, if you don't want to get charged for an assault and don't want your car towed away; i'd suggest moving it quickly; because I hadn't a clue you were a Manchester United player before; but I'm sure our Tow truck driver Chris, whose a die-hard LFC fan, will be only to pleased to find that information out...

Needless to say, we didn't see him after that, he drove out the car park and didn't return.
Dont believe you lad, you were prolly being a jobs worth. The guy (football legend) had his pockets rummaged through, hand luggage swabbed, wife and family in tow held up and humiliated ( along with mine over me daughters ipod) and he just smiled at me and said "ridiculous". Not sure your anecdote sheds you in a good light, bit small time regardless of wtf 'chris' is.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline DowntheLine1981

• Ignorant of the Dhamma
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici
    • Work's MySpace page....
« Reply #5682 on: August 19, 2015, 06:48:49 am »
Wife was flying to Dusseldorf from Manchester yesterday during the late afternoon flight and was sat next to Emre Can. Had a few people shake his hand. Question is: What's he doing flying to Germany the day after the game? Would of thought he'd be in training.  I know we bought him from Leverkusen so he may well have been visiting his family/mates but I would of thought what with Hendo's injury he'd be staying in Liverpool.  Bit confused at this.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:59:40 am by DowntheLine1981 »
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
~Aristotle

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people will come along and try to put things in it."
~Terry Pratchett

“If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5683 on: August 19, 2015, 07:07:11 am »
Bumped into Colin Farrell going into a newsagent on Marylebone High Street. Looked a right scruff.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5684 on: August 19, 2015, 12:17:46 pm »
Wife was flying to Dusseldorf from Manchester yesterday during the late afternoon flight and was sat next to Emre Can. Had a few people shake his hand. Question is: What's he doing flying to Germany the day after the game? Would of thought he'd be in training.  I know we bought him from Leverkusen so he may well have been visiting his family/mates but I would of thought what with Hendo's injury he'd be staying in Liverpool.  Bit confused at this.

Posted an instagram with his mates so I guess if it's only a 2 hour flight or something and he's got the cash he could pop there and back for a day if need be and be back for training.

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #5685 on: August 19, 2015, 12:45:23 pm »
Saw Ronnie Whelan at The K Club just outside of Dublin a couple of weeks back.  He was there to play in Ronan Keatings golf day with various other 'celebs', whilst we played golf on the other course.  Stephen Graham was on our flight over from Brum and he was also playing.

Apparently Ian Wright had a few too may lagers on the evening and took one of the sponsors Volvo's and drove it straight in to one of the practice bunkers!!
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #5686 on: August 19, 2015, 03:42:12 pm »
Sat in Nandos on Monday noon and Jay from Eastenders comes in to pick up a delivery. Didn't look like he paid either.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #5687 on: August 19, 2015, 03:45:05 pm »
She used to sit in the Kremlin Road stand I think.
Didn't she used to live on Moscow Drive?
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5688 on: August 19, 2015, 03:58:41 pm »
Bumped into Colin Farrell going into a newsagent on Marylebone High Street. Looked a right scruff.

He was on the telly on some chat show or other and Mrs Macca says to me "He looks really dirty him." So I said "Aye fucking aye, if I said some girl on the telly looked like a dirty minx, you'd have a fucking face as long as the rent man's mac." She said "I don't mean like that. I mean he looks like a scruffy twat who needs a good wash." 
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5689 on: August 19, 2015, 03:59:12 pm »
Didn't she used to live on Moscow Drive?

I'm sure he must have got his end away. She looked hot to Trotsky.
Macca resplendent!

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #5690 on: August 19, 2015, 04:28:30 pm »

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5691 on: August 19, 2015, 10:57:16 pm »
Saw Ronnie Moran at the Bootle FC game last week, looking well.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5692 on: August 20, 2015, 12:50:01 am »

He's asked her for a second date but she's being very evasive. Personally I think she's Stalin.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5693 on: August 20, 2015, 12:52:37 am »
He's asked her for a second date but she's being very evasive. Personally I think she's Stalin.

It's because he hasn't got much going for himself. She doesn't like dating no Marx.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5694 on: August 20, 2015, 12:53:33 am »
It's because he hasn't got much going for himself. She doesn't like dating no Marx.

Don't Tsar him with same brush as you and Macca.

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5695 on: August 20, 2015, 01:15:27 am »

I don't know why she's being so coy all of a sudden, Nick. She's been Putin it about all over town, so I've heard.
Macca resplendent!

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5696 on: August 21, 2015, 10:16:23 am »
I think I did pretty well out of season as far as meeting folk.  I went to an evening with Robbie Fowler with 3 mates brought the cheap seats and ended up getting a free upgrade to VIP table and we all met him got his autobiography/shirts signed.

Then the following Monday a went along to the Hilton with a friend who is doing all the shoots for a Liverpool captains book that is coming out and met Gerrard (he wasn't happy as nobody told him he was doing a shoot) and Carragher who was a pisser. Also met Jason McAteer in there too but not sure why he was lurking about.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5697 on: August 21, 2015, 10:38:10 am »
Dont believe you lad, you were prolly being a jobs worth. The guy (football legend) had his pockets rummaged through, hand luggage swabbed, wife and family in tow held up and humiliated ( along with mine over me daughters ipod) and he just smiled at me and said "ridiculous". Not sure your anecdote sheds you in a good light, bit small time regardless of wtf 'chris' is.

Or maybe he's mellowed in the decade that's passed since then, or maybe he was on his best behaviour with his family at the airport, or maybe he was just having a bad day on that day in 2006? I'm not sure needlessly having a go shows you in a great light either...

Offline chrisevry

• Main Stander
« Reply #5698 on: August 21, 2015, 01:22:11 pm »
Couple of years ago one of my mates married one of Kenny''s daughters. At the wedding, on one table was Alan Hansen,  Terry Mac, Steven McMahon and Ronnie Whelan.

Got absolute trollied and ended up trying to talk to Ronnie. I said "it's mad being here with you lot. I watched my video of Liverpool 5 vs forest nil at Anfield in1988 over and over when I was a kid. Must have watched it a hundred times. Best Liverpool performance I've ever seen".  His reply, " I was injured - Niger spackman played in midfield." I walked off feeling like a TWAT.

Apparently later on I was sat at the table with them all talking for ages but was so pissed I haven't a scooby what we talked about.

Got a nice pic with Kenny though that takes pride pf place on the mantle with the family photos.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:23:49 pm by chrisevry »

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5699 on: August 21, 2015, 01:50:22 pm »
Couple of years ago one of my mates married one of Kenny''s daughters. At the wedding, on one table was Alan Hansen,  Terry Mac, Steven McMahon and Ronnie Whelan.

Got absolute trollied and ended up trying to talk to Ronnie. I said "it's mad being here with you lot. I watched my video of Liverpool 5 vs forest nil at Anfield in1988 over and over when I was a kid. Must have watched it a hundred times. Best Liverpool performance I've ever seen".  His reply, " I was injured - Niger spackman played in midfield." I walked off feeling like a TWAT.

Apparently later on I was sat at the table with them all talking for ages but was so pissed I haven't a scooby what we talked about.

Got a nice pic with Kenny though that takes pride pf place on the mantle with the family photos.

Fairdoes that must have been quite surreal. 

The most surreal 'celeb' moment I have had was getting pissed with & arguing all night with Carl Barat at Wakestock, then having the lads out of Dirty Sanchez tell me i'd gone too far with a prank when I got them to pull down someone's tent with me and drag it to the toilet block (they thought I knew the person inside the tent).
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5700 on: August 21, 2015, 09:21:38 pm »
Or maybe he's mellowed in the decade that's passed since then, or maybe he was on his best behaviour with his family at the airport, or maybe he was just having a bad day on that day in 2006? I'm not sure needlessly having a go shows you in a great light either...
Lot of maybes in there, but maybe your right,  I was still fewmin.

Edit; havin read his post back- "we could lose 40 places due to your arrogance" well in reallity at worst with car park spaces its only gonna be 1 bud, but whatever, lets move on.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 02:07:06 pm by tray fenny »
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Juliman

• Kopite
« Reply #5701 on: August 26, 2015, 11:26:21 am »
Just ran into Daniel Sturridge in the LJMU campus, I reckon he was seeing a physio / biomechanist. He asked me if I have a card to open a door to the elevators. You fucking bet I did. Wished him luck this season and told him I can't wait to see him play.

Made my morning!

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #5702 on: August 26, 2015, 11:36:49 am »
Just ran into Daniel Sturridge in the LJMU campus, I reckon he was seeing a physio / biomechanist. He asked me if I have a card to open a door to the elevators. You fucking bet I did. Wished him luck this season and told him I can't wait to see him play.

Made my morning!

That's sweet man, Good slice of luck that.

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5703 on: August 26, 2015, 07:48:02 pm »

Even though he played for both Manchester clubs, the guy is by all accounts a gent. I am sorry but your story doesn't ring true for some reason.

Everyone has an off day I suppose but not as you describe. In 2006 how old was he ? Late 60's surely you could have shown him some respect and not threatened him.

Offline NGreat

• Kopite
« Reply #5704 on: August 28, 2015, 07:52:14 pm »
Emre Can outside Costa Coffee on Old Hall Street.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5705 on: August 28, 2015, 08:08:43 pm »
My brother saw Mignolet having a bite and a pint in The Fisherman's Rest Southport last Tuesday.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #5706 on: August 28, 2015, 08:09:45 pm »
Emre Can outside Costa Coffee on Old Hall Street.

No, Costa Coffee was outside Emre Can.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5707 on: August 29, 2015, 09:33:39 am »
Seen skrtel going into vivienne westwood on tuesday. Wierd seeing a hard centre back shopping in places like that
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5708 on: August 29, 2015, 09:34:21 am »
Seen skrtel going into vivienne westwood on tuesday.
consentual?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #5709 on: August 29, 2015, 10:26:29 am »
Seen skrtel going into vivienne westwood on tuesday. Wierd seeing a hard centre back shopping in places like that

Two-footed? Were his studs up?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5710 on: August 30, 2015, 01:43:40 pm »
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5711 on: August 30, 2015, 01:50:03 pm »
Just been in the ASDA. Nobody famous there at all.

Bought some clotted cream.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5712 on: August 30, 2015, 06:17:06 pm »
Was at a wedding last night and ex chelsea player and now pundit clive walker was there. Spoke to him for a good while and dropped a few choice comments about Mourinho every chance I could. Fair play to him didn't really bite and wasn't too bad to talk footy with.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5713 on: August 30, 2015, 06:37:38 pm »
Was at a wedding last night and ex chelsea player and now pundit clive walker was there. Spoke to him for a good while and dropped a few choice comments about Mourinho every chance I could. Fair play to him didn't really bite and wasn't too bad to talk footy with.

He didn't flash at you did he

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5714 on: August 30, 2015, 06:53:04 pm »

He didn't flash at you did he

Haha flasher kept it all in

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5715 on: August 31, 2015, 03:54:30 am »
Met former Leeds-striker Michael Bridges in a restaurant in Sydney last year. He and his bird was sitting to the table next to me and the girlfriend. I saw him so I politely asked if he was indeed was Michael Bridges and he goes: "Yeah it's me mate, footy fan?" and I said yes to that, so we started talking about footy for like 2 hours(both our birds were probably sick to death to listening to that conversation). I said I was a Liverpool-fan and he started talking about how highly he held Robbie Fowler and how both himself and Fowler could have been an England striker-partnership if it wasn't for injuries.

Really nice lad, down to earth and everything. Bought me and the girlfriend dessert as well!  ;D

Offline Paddock.

• Main Stander
  • Heart as big as my hometown.
« Reply #5716 on: September 1, 2015, 11:14:45 pm »
Adam Lallana in Vue cinemas, Southport tonight with his missus. He was seeing Straight Outta Compton.

He needs to express himself a little more in his game.

I'll get me coat  :lickin
'Football works in cycles... Liverpool will be back.'

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5717 on: September 1, 2015, 11:54:56 pm »
Adam Lallana in Vue cinemas, Southport tonight with his missus. He was seeing Straight Outta Compton.

He needs to express himself a little more in his game.

I'll get me coat  :lickin

Straight outta St Albans, crazy mother fucker called Lallana
You'll never catch him eating a banana
He's secretly a farmer, and a charmer,
And when he goes on holiday it's always to Havana.

I think that could be a hit.

Offline Bud P Austin

• The Hindu Hansen
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5718 on: September 4, 2015, 04:41:56 pm »
I saw Cyril Nri near Leicester Square. The name may be unfamilar. He appeared in This Life years back and also The Bill where he played Adam Okaro. I don't know why I remembered his name although it ain't household (it's Cyril).

Anyway, I said "Alright Cyril". He looked surprised. I think he pretended he knew who I was or was buying time to remember. Maybe he thought I was an agent and could get him a job.  Anyway, he stopped to say "Hey, how's it going?" I hadn't stopped walking so I said "Good, thanks" over my shoulder. I didn't look again so maybe he's still standing there wracking his brains.

A few years earlier I saw the ageing lady who played Nana Moon in Eastenders. She was grotesquely rouged and looked confused. I didn't know her real name so the opportunity to do a pre-Cyril was denied. Her loss. She's dead now.

Now I'm on a roll, I can reveal a sighting of buxom beauty Kelly Brook and her then beau Jason Statham at Strood Cinema about 15 years ago. She's had a few more since, and that ain't no beau jest. Anyway, she was wearing loose fitting clothing so I was unable to ogle her famous figure although I can reveal she is somewhat fun-sized. Statham was walking in an aggressive manner, moving his shoulders side-to-side and with a pronounced bounce in his step. He was very short and his head was shaped like an anvil. He seemed very protective, Little did he realise their love would not last the distance. I wonder if her mates ever call her "Kell"? It must be confusing if she's ever out watching the Welterweight division.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5719 on: September 5, 2015, 10:09:59 am »
David Nugent and family plus another unidentified footballer and family at Sherwood Forest Center Parcs, earlier today. Bet they are in one of those expensive treehouses.