Author Topic: Anthony Le Tallec  (Read 126515 times)

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Re: Bring back Le Tallec!
« Reply #480 on: August 22, 2004, 09:09:40 pm »
I think Le Tallec would have been really handy to have as a different option up front ,but i was disappointed in his decision not to stay and fight for his place.

At the time he had 4 guys in front of him (even Flo), even Baros wasnt guaranteed to play how the hell was he gonna get a chance?

Of course, had the 'Shamed one' left earlier maybe he wouldve stayed...

Ahhh the benefit of hindsight  :o
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: August 22, 2004, 09:13:09 pm »
I'm not sure if we *could* call him back if the deal was signed. Depends on get-out clauses, I guess.

Personally, I wish he was in our squad now, as suddenly he could get a few games. I also think his different style of play could be handy. I rate him very highly.

But he's still only 19, and he's gone on loan to learn the game by playing every week. Rafa clearly stated that there was no problem with Le Tallec, just that ALT wasn't going to feature much (at the time). He made it clear he rates ALT, so he will return to the club in a year, and as was made very clear, there is no option for St Etienne to buy him. As with players like Pennant and Bentley at Arsenal, he's on an "educational" loan. Shame with ALT that it's not in England, getting used to the game here.

Offline JaZa

• Anny Roader
  • Don't bomb Iraq... Nuke Manchester
« Reply #482 on: August 22, 2004, 11:13:10 pm »
Aye, and the fact that he's gone back to France is a bit of a problem IMO. ALT was clearly in awe of the strength and pace of the game at times last season, and although I am told he was getting used to it by the end in the reserves, I think it's safe to say he needs more experience.

He was doing the business at Le Havre, so we know he's quality, but I hope that he can adapt to England again quickly on his return, as it will do neither him nor us any good to have a 20 year old prodigy in a position that is hard to find (pure "2nd striker") struggling to keep up with his teammates - let alone the opposition! I'd rather have sent him somewhere like West Brom - where the football will be very "English", very gritty, not at all "champagne", and more than likely under the pressure of a relegation battle (a character buliding experience like Pennant - altho ALT was relegated with Le Havre). Nowhere near as glamorous (sp?) , cultured or even universally popular as St. Ettiene... But probably a better choice if he is to be in with the reds in the long run!

That said, we should be thankful that he has gone to a decent league (Ligue 1 would probably come up as approx. 5th best in the world - in line with the likes of the Bundesliga but ahead of Portugal, Scotland, etc.), and that he will get regular games in his preferred role. Fingers crossed it goes well for him.......

Offline SkyBlueRed

• Binley Boot Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sleeping giant awakens...
« Reply #483 on: August 23, 2004, 12:22:15 am »
Better playing every week in France than getting maybe 15 starts in the Premiership imo.
Im not arrogant, im just better than you.

Julian Dicks has been everywhere ... it's like West Ham have got eleven Dicks out there.
-- Anonymous (Metro city radio)

Offline the BIG fella

• Kopite
  • What We Achieve in Life, Echoes in Eternity
    • The RUSH Band - Manchester Live Wedding and Corporate Band UK
« Reply #484 on: August 23, 2004, 01:33:56 am »
Well they are both described as midfielders (certainly ALT's profile on the club site says) and not defensive midfielders either!

Don't you have any of your own experience to draw from. Anyone who has watched the first team and reserves over the last season knows he's a second forward.  :wave
To book bands and live music visit
http://www.bandtube.co.uk

Equally if you need an amazing band for any Wedding or Event
The RUSH Band
http://www.therushband.co.uk
Listen - https://soundcloud.com/therushband

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: August 23, 2004, 02:02:32 am »
Playing just off one or two strikers is undoubtedly Le Tallec's best position. Alonso is a deep-sitting playmaker. Not even remotely similar.

Offline cynicaloldgit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: August 23, 2004, 09:19:49 am »
Just to reiterate the fact that Le Tallec's best position is as a deep-lying, second striker: I have been watching his performances on Eurosport for several summers now (since before we signed him, in fact) and it is obvious that he is a creative striker as he lacks the pace and power to be a "hitman" up front. GH's efforts to turn ALT into a winger were misguided: he has vision, touch and excellent passing and should play behind a main striker.

Perhaps next season, if Rafa goes 4-4-1-1, he'll get his chance. It is interesting to note that Rafa did not sell him, at a time when Spud etc were being flogged off, but kept him for the future. Rafa must have noticed that the boy can play a bit: all he has to do know is grow up.
"You can always lie to others, but never to yourself."

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
Le Tallec out for 3 months
« Reply #487 on: September 16, 2004, 02:39:14 pm »
Injured his ankle in traing and is out for a while.  Not an ideal scenario for a player we want playing some first team football.

Offline JaZa

• Anny Roader
Re: Le Tallec out for 3 months
« Reply #488 on: September 16, 2004, 03:16:02 pm »
3 months?? Where'd you hear that then?

I just got this from Soccerway.com:

"SAINT-ETIENNE, Sep 16 (SW) – French league outfit Saint-Etienne have lost Anthony Le Tallec for 6 weeks, after the young striker picked up a serious ankle injury during Wednesday’s training session.

The on-loan Liverpool ace, who had only featured 4 times for the Forez outfit so far this term, badly twisted his ankle in a one-to-one training exercise on Wednesday, and St Etienne's medical staff quickly confirmed a 6-week sideline spell.

With Lilian Compan also out of action with a muscle problem, AS Saint-Etienne are now likely to extend their poor attacking statistics, the newly promoted side having yet to collect its first win this season.

Les Verts face current French table bottom side Ajaccio on Saturday."

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: September 16, 2004, 03:18:00 pm »

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #490 on: September 16, 2004, 03:26:41 pm »
which is slightly more reliable than "soccerway"
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: September 16, 2004, 03:27:08 pm »
In fairness on reading it again it does say 'upto' 3 months.

Offline JaZa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #492 on: September 16, 2004, 03:32:24 pm »
Dammit... I got owned.  :'(

Yeah, pfaft. Ah well... Still will get the whole season with them on the regular - they gave hime the #7 and have been playing him in the hole so he should be OK.

I f'n hate .TV tho... shits me.

Offline andcouldheplay

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #493 on: September 16, 2004, 08:37:11 pm »
The silly twat shouldn't have spat his dummy out,there's a good chance he'd be getting a game ahead of Finnian,Rafa already given a chance to Warnock and Potter,maybe he'll learn from being so impatience.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #494 on: September 16, 2004, 08:42:24 pm »
The silly twat shouldn't have spat his dummy out,there's a good chance he'd be getting a game ahead of Finnian,Rafa already given a chance to Warnock and Potter,maybe he'll learn from being so impatience.

TOO BLOODY RIGHT.

and he would have done well, given the attacking minded approach we are adopting as well..
JFT 96

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #495 on: September 16, 2004, 10:35:03 pm »
shame...... about the injury, as for his patience for god's sake he's a young kid with a lot to learn give him a break.
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #496 on: September 16, 2004, 10:45:34 pm »
Its a real shame for TLT. If LFC can cancel the loan deal I'd bring him back for treatment and give him another chance when he's fit again.

Offline andcouldheplay

• Anny Roader
« Reply #497 on: September 16, 2004, 11:21:44 pm »
shame...... about the injury, as for his patience for god's sake he's a young kid with a lot to learn give him a break.

Give him a break,are you having a laugh,Rafa was only in the job a few weeks and he demanded a 1st team place,he scored 2 against Wrexham and thought he set the world on fire, FFS he would have learned a lot more by staying, than fucking off back over the channel to play for a relegation bound team
 If you want to reply in a civil tone and feel capable of an adult debate then feel free too but other than that don’t bother.

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #498 on: September 16, 2004, 11:25:30 pm »
No I'm not having a laugh and he's not a "twat" for being young and naive.. thinking he knows it all, for god's sake a bit of perspective
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Jezzman

• Kopite
  • Above us only sky
How's Le Tallec....
« Reply #499 on: October 13, 2004, 07:32:19 am »
.... doing...? Anyone heard anything about him lately? Been so quiet since he was loaned out....

Offline Cardie

• Has severe hair-trigger and adores Aberdare
  • Legacy Fan
Re: How's Le Tallec....
« Reply #500 on: October 13, 2004, 07:33:49 am »
Out for three months injured.

Offline Jezzman

• Kopite
  • Above us only sky
« Reply #501 on: October 13, 2004, 07:55:30 am »
Out for three months injured.

How's he doing on his road to recovery then.... anyone know a date when he's going to playing again?

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #502 on: October 13, 2004, 08:13:31 am »
Was originally out for three months I think, that was about a month ago.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan

Offline cynicaloldgit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: October 13, 2004, 11:47:40 am »
Le Tallec injured himself in mid-September and was expected to be out for six weeks from then, so he should be back early next month. Here is the latest news on him from St Etienne's official website (it's in French, though!)

http://www.asse.fr/Asseactualite/detail_news.asp?NewsID=54123
"You can always lie to others, but never to yourself."

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #505 on: October 13, 2004, 12:48:19 pm »
Jezzman, we have an official site:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/

It carries information about the club and players and has a great search facility ;)
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
Le Tallec in good form
« Reply #506 on: November 10, 2004, 04:51:52 pm »
LE TALLEC IN GOOD FORM
Steve Hunter and Chahine Benabadji 10 November 2004 
  Anthony Le Tallec was in good form for St Etienne when he created two goals in the 3-1 win over Creteil in the third round of the French League Cup. 
Le Tallec played as a striker in St Etienne's 4-3-3 system and had an excellent game. This was his first start since returning from an ankle injury and he was impressive.

Le Tallec left the field to a great ovation when he came off 13 minutes from time.

from the liverpool.tv

"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline Rashid

• 99% of posts are bullshit, the other 1% get deleted. Unloved, unwashed, and untidy.
  • Main Stander
  • Resident Dog
Re: Le Tallec in good form
« Reply #507 on: November 10, 2004, 05:02:15 pm »
Would have played loads this season had he stayed - silly boy.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: November 10, 2004, 05:02:41 pm »
Good to hear - I still think he has a big future at LFC, and I believe Rafa does too.

Not sure how good the opposition were (never heard of Creteil), but having just come back from injury it's good to see he has played well against any opposition.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: November 10, 2004, 05:07:45 pm »
I like Le Tallec , got loads of potential ,just wished he didn't spit his dummy out and walk out.
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline John Barnes, Anchorman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: November 10, 2004, 05:26:32 pm »
It all just depends under what circumstances he left. It may be that it wasn't a case of him 'spitting his dummy out'. May be that Benitez told him there would be few chances this season and that he should go away for a year and get some experience. Seems a good idea to me, although I'd sooner see him playing somewhere in England (maybe in division one, like warnock did) as it's more akin to the premiership. Could even be that Le Tallec asked to go on loan, but not in a dummy-spitting manner  :)

Good player.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #511 on: November 10, 2004, 05:29:31 pm »
Good to hear - I still think he has a big future at LFC, and I believe Rafa does too.

I'm with Tomkins on this one. I think Rafa has a big future here as well.  ;)
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: November 10, 2004, 05:34:00 pm »
Hard to tell I suppose. He seemed to have a nice touch, but then so did Bruno Cheyrou in his first couple of games.

In the first few months of 02/03, I actually thought Diao looked like a tough, uncompromsing midfielder who could play a bit. Now he's something of a hate figure it would seem. Also thought Sinama-Pongolle looked like he could be dynamite but he seems to have fallen by the wayside a bit too, although he's got his chance now.

Always knew Meijer was shit though.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: November 10, 2004, 05:35:22 pm »
well he wanted to be guaranteed first team football ,raffa wasn't boss five minutes how the hell could he give a guarantee like that?I've heard that he is meant to be arrogant ,but I could be wrong ,maybe it was raffa who sent him off for experience ,doesn't ring true though cos raffa has been given the youngsters loads of opportunities.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: November 10, 2004, 05:39:34 pm »
Didn't he used to wear white boots?

Probably is a bit of a twat then I suppose  :)

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: November 10, 2004, 05:45:24 pm »
Wish he'd gone to a Div 1 or 2 side, would've done him more good.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: November 10, 2004, 05:46:30 pm »
Abso-bloody-exactly.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: November 10, 2004, 05:47:40 pm »
well he wanted to be guaranteed first team football ,raffa wasn't boss five minutes how the hell could he give a guarantee like that?I've heard that he is meant to be arrogant ,but I could be wrong ,maybe it was raffa who sent him off for experience ,doesn't ring true though cos raffa has been given the youngsters loads of opportunities.

Read Rafa's quotes about it, not those by journos. Le Tallec was told he wouldn't feature much, and it was with talks with Benitez that the loan deal came about. Benitez wanted ALT to improve by getting the games he couldn't guarantee the lad. At the time Owen was still on the books and Cisse was still fit.

Why asking to leave on loan for experience means spitting the dummy is beyond me. He left on loan to further his education, full stop. There is no way the club will let him go, as Parry made that point clear - had his attitude been as you described, they no doubt would have.

Offline Red Lozza

• Legacy Fan
  • Miracle worker
« Reply #518 on: November 10, 2004, 05:50:57 pm »
This article from .tv today suggests Rafa will welcome back Le Tallec from loan:

RAFA: I WANTED TO TAKE FRENCH GEMS TO SPAIN

As Florent Sinama-Pongolle prepares to start against Middlesbrough tonight, boss Rafael Benitez has revealed he'd be a Valencia player now if he had his way. 

Pongolle arrived at Anfield along with fellow French youngster Anthony Le Tallec two summers ago after impressing former manager Gerard Houllier.

The double swoop represented something of a coup for Liverpool at the time with many of Europe's top clubs reportedly interested in signing the pair.

Le Tallec has since moved on a season long loan to St Etienne while Pongolle is itching to impress in the Carling Cup tonight, but Benitez has revealed he wanted to take both players to the Mestalla during his time in charge of Valencia.

"We tried to sign Sinama and Le Tallec for Valencia," he said. "My scout said that he had seen two very good players - but Liverpool paid a lot of money for them so it came to nothing.

"We knew Le Tallec was the best player in the under-17 World Cup, and Sinama was the top scorer. There's definitely the potential there - they are both good players. They need to play at this level and then they will get more confidence.""

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N146677041110-0849.htm

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: November 10, 2004, 06:06:42 pm »
maybe it was the white boots that did it ,I just never hear good things about his attitude.