Author Topic: Anthony Le Tallec  (Read 126517 times)

Offline John Barnes, Anchorman

• Legacy Fan
Re: Le Tallec in good form
« Reply #520 on: November 10, 2004, 06:15:57 pm »
White boots have brought a premature end to better careers than Le Tallec's. Barnes wore them with white socks at the cup final in 96, and just looked like he had no boots on at all. The next season he became a burden to the side.

Michael Thomas thought it would be a good idea to wear yellow boots with an all yellow strip at Southampton away in 1997. A few months later he was gone.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: November 10, 2004, 06:26:15 pm »
so the moral of that story is never wear white boots ;D
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline John Barnes, Anchorman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: November 10, 2004, 06:26:54 pm »
Amen.

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: November 10, 2004, 06:27:13 pm »
well he wanted to be guaranteed first team football ,raffa wasn't boss five minutes how the hell could he give a guarantee like that?I've heard that he is meant to be arrogant ,but I could be wrong ,maybe it was raffa who sent him off for experience ,doesn't ring true though cos raffa has been given the youngsters loads of opportunities.
I don't think he demanded to be a regular so much as, if he wasn't going to figure in many games he would prefer to be loaned out to get more playing experience.
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline Jimmy10Men

• Legacy Fan
  • California......Here we come!
« Reply #524 on: November 10, 2004, 07:12:27 pm »
so the moral of that story is never wear white boots ;D

Even more so, never colour co-ordinate.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #525 on: November 10, 2004, 11:34:23 pm »
It's a shame TLT didn't stick around or go to another English club on loan. Still judging by what Rafa has said about him he does figure in his future plans. Surely the moral of the story is no more dodgy hair cuts.  ;D

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #526 on: November 11, 2004, 12:27:58 am »
Didn't he used to wear white boots?

Probably is a bit of a twat then I suppose  :)
He's an arrogant twat,and i was'nt surprised he went on loan.its a shame caus he would deffo have played many games.He'll come back a better player and person..............Y.N.W.A.
                                      J.F.T.96.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
Le Tallec happy to make early return, if needed
« Reply #527 on: November 26, 2004, 10:52:12 am »
Good news - I'd have him back early from his loan, as he's a class player with a bright future. Now there may be chances to play, and so everyone would benefit if he returns.

From .tv

LE TALLEC: I'LL COME BACK IF NEEDED
Paul Eaton  26 November 2004

Anthony Le Tallec has said he will cut short his loan spell in France to return to Anfield if Rafael Benitez wants him to help ease the club's injury crisis.

Le Tallec agreed a one year loan deal with St Etienne at the start of the season after Benitez told him he couldn't be guaranteed a first team place at the club.

The Reds are chronically short of attacking players following injuries to Djibril Cisse, Milan Baros, Luis Garcia and Vladimir Smicer, while Antonio Nunez is yet to kick a ball for the first team after knee surgery.

There have been no suggestions that Benitez will recall Le Tallec from his loan spell, but the youngster says he will come back to Merseyside if needed.

"Liverpool is my club," he said. "I am the one who asked to leave. But should they need me, there is no problem.

"I would be a little bit bothered to leave Les Verts like this, but if needed, I'm ready to go now."

Offline ic843

• Choose Everton
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cally's heroes
Re: Le Tallec happy to make early return, if needed
« Reply #528 on: November 26, 2004, 10:56:25 am »
send the bugger back
Taylor Report 278 ""It is fair to say that over many years the South Yorkshire Police have given excellent service to the public...Unforunately, their policing on April 15 broke down in the ways described, and although there were other causes, the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control."
BOYCOTT THE S*N

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #529 on: November 26, 2004, 10:57:11 am »
Paul
heard anything about Diarra ?
last I heard he was improving no end

cheers
Karl
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #530 on: November 26, 2004, 10:57:31 am »
Get him back, sharpish.

He was sent out to learn a lesson after demanding first team footy, and I believe he's now learned that lesson.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline dinglered

• Main Stander
« Reply #531 on: November 26, 2004, 10:58:32 am »
I would like to see him back he is a decent player

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #532 on: November 26, 2004, 10:59:24 am »
Yes please. Get him back ... if only in the run-up to Jan. Then if he wants to he could go out on loan again, if Garcia's back and he's not gonna get first team.
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #533 on: November 26, 2004, 11:00:11 am »
Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I'm sure Tony is kicking himself now his decision to leave means he cannot claim a place in the team when he would surely have had a chance.

I can't see Rafa recalling him though and I'm not sure about any crazy UEFA rulings on returning loan players from another country. He sounds keen, though, and I expect he would like to make amends with Benitez too as he wouldn't have left a good impression on him.
Internet terrorist

Offline Brick Tamland

• Helllllo Jen
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love lamp
« Reply #534 on: November 26, 2004, 11:01:15 am »
Leave him out there, sulky tit.  Back next summer as planned and hopefully he's grown up a bit.
"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: November 26, 2004, 11:02:36 am »
Im just glad to hear him say he'd come back

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: November 26, 2004, 11:07:57 am »
[...] I'm not sure about any crazy UEFA rulings on returning loan players from another country.

According to FA transfer rules, it's all down to what's in the loan contract, which is signed by both clubs and the player. If he thinks he can be recalled then I'm betting he can.

Edit:
Oh, on second thoughts: yeah, get your point ... I'll just check the UEFA rules now, but I can't see why not ...

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: November 26, 2004, 11:10:59 am »
ALT is a gonna be a class player and would come in very handy at the moment. would take him back no problem

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: November 26, 2004, 11:14:06 am »
"The conditions governing the loan of a non-amateur player (duration of the loan, obligations to which the loan is subject) shall be regulated by concluding a separate written contract between the two clubs and the player concerned"

http://images.fifa.com/fifa/handbook/regulations/player_transfer/2003/Status_Transfer_EN.pdf

But if we did recall him, I don't believe we could loan him out again this season unless it's done domestically (because of the international registration transfer certificate which is issued at the beginning and the end of the loan period).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 11:16:43 am by zigackly »

Offline nick_liverpoolfan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #539 on: November 26, 2004, 11:16:44 am »
i'd happily have le tallec back, oh n if were bringin players back ows about bringin diarra back aswell ;D ;D

Offline SkyBlueRed

• Binley Boot Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sleeping giant awakens...
« Reply #540 on: November 26, 2004, 11:18:27 am »
We should bring him back I think, he could help fill the void for the next few weeks, then when baros returns Le Tallec could prove to be a good foil for him, Rafa knows best though and maybe he doesnt want to interupt the progress Le Tallec might be making with playing every week.
Im not arrogant, im just better than you.

Julian Dicks has been everywhere ... it's like West Ham have got eleven Dicks out there.
-- Anonymous (Metro city radio)

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #541 on: November 26, 2004, 11:19:09 am »
"The conditions governing the loan of a non-amateur player (duration of the loan, obligations to which the loan is subject) shall be regulated by concluding a separate written contract between the two clubs and the player concerned"

http://images.fifa.com/fifa/handbook/regulations/player_transfer/2003/Status_Transfer_EN.pdf

But if we did recall him, I don't believe we could loan him out again this season unless it's done domestically (because of the international registration transfer certificate which is issued at the beginning and the end of the loan period).

I can't see him coming back then. He would only be a useful option for the next month or so (assuming we get Luis Garcia and Baros back) and we are surely going to puirchase a new striker in Jan.
Internet terrorist

Offline Liverpool Red

• Boys Pen
« Reply #542 on: November 26, 2004, 11:28:39 am »
The lad should have been brought back the day Djibril got his injury.

Get him back NOW Rafa.
Liverpool Red

Offline Redlady

• Fantasy Football Queen
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: November 26, 2004, 11:30:29 am »
We should bring him back I think, he could help fill the void for the next few weeks, then when baros returns Le Tallec could prove to be a good foil for him, Rafa knows best though and maybe he doesnt want to interupt the progress Le Tallec might be making with playing every week.

He's only played 5 games over there apparently, so maybe he would be better off back with us anyway.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: November 26, 2004, 11:31:20 am »
Paul
heard anything about Diarra ?
last I heard he was improving no end

cheers
Karl

Just that he's now played two games for France. Was injured recently, but is now fit again. He's clearly progressing very well indeed, although it's hard to say if he played for France due to their injuries and retirements. Mavubu, who is two years younger, is ahead of him in the pecking order. But Alou's doing very well.

Leave him [ALT] out there, sulky tit.  Back next summer as planned and hopefully he's grown up a bit.

I still think this is a misconception. He went to get experience - there was no sulking or falling out, and he went with Rafa's very clear blessing. When he was here he was told he was behind MO, DC, MB and FSP in the pecking order, so he went to play games and try to improve. Now that has all changed.

Unfortunately he got injured as well, but is fit again now...

I think it's a shame that we label our own young players as 'sulky tits' merely because they want to gain experience WITHOUT wishing to make a permanent break from our club. Look at how a loan has benefited Diarra...

Offline SkyBlueRed

• Binley Boot Boy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: November 26, 2004, 11:31:48 am »
He's only played 5 games over there apparently, so maybe he would be better off back with us anyway.

Really? Heard he picked up an injury but didnt realise he wasnt being selected... why go on loan to a 2nd rate club that plays a different style of football if your not even in the first team  ::)

Julian Dicks has been everywhere ... it's like West Ham have got eleven Dicks out there.

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: November 26, 2004, 11:32:30 am »

Isn't that mainly because he was injured until recently though? Think he's been pretty regular since he recovered ...

Offline liverweb

• Statto
  • Legacy Fan
  • www.liverweb.org.uk - Your one stop site for LFC
    • Liverweb
« Reply #547 on: November 26, 2004, 12:33:35 pm »
leave the sulky tantrum thrower over there to really learn the lesson

he's only saying about coming back now cos of all the injuries

if he'd been a true pro in the first place he would have fought for his place like you or I would

Yes he's got talent and yes we've got injuries but how dearly does he really wanna come back!

http://www.liverweb.org.uk - for all your LFC stats.

Check out every LFC Result and Lineup ever and info on players past, present and for the future!

Subscribe to the Liverweb mailing list at liverweb-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: November 26, 2004, 12:37:19 pm »
leave the sulky tantrum thrower over there to really learn the lesson

he's only saying about coming back now cos of all the injuries

if he'd been a true pro in the first place he would have fought for his place like you or I would

Yes he's got talent and yes we've got injuries but how dearly does he really wanna come back!

Exactly...
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline Throxenby

• Has a date with Fat Frank sometime in 2007
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: November 26, 2004, 12:38:33 pm »
much as i believe AD is the replacement for DH, central midfield isnt really the place we need cover at this time.
God bless the skywashed for they know not what they do.

Offline redjimwest

• Main Stander
  • siempre fidelis
« Reply #550 on: November 26, 2004, 12:40:35 pm »
Regardless of the reasons for his departure on loan surely he would provide more options for rafa during these lean tlimes - his return might be very beneficial to FSP as theyve played together for years and we need a partnership up front (bit lightweight/untested though?)
Randy.... I am the liquor

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: November 26, 2004, 12:41:04 pm »
Good news - I'd have him back early from his loan, as he's a class player with a bright future. Now there may be chances to play, and so everyone would benefit if he returns.

Absolutely agree Paul.  ALT would give us more attacking options, and is the classiest out of our youngsters IMO.  Rafa must be entertaining the idea at least I would think.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: November 26, 2004, 12:42:32 pm »

How old are you, Andy? Older than 20, I'd guess! We're talking about a young man here. It's not easy to stay and fight for your place when you've been told you don't have one in the near future.

He's fighting for his place in the Liverpool side in the future by trying to improve as a player. Given the shite nature of reserve football, he'd improve more in the top French division.

As I said, look at Diarra.

much as i believe AD is the replacement for DH, central midfield isnt really the place we need cover at this time.

Of course, we're well-stocked there. No-one is saying bring him back early.

Offline liverweb

• Statto
  • Legacy Fan
    • Liverweb
« Reply #553 on: November 26, 2004, 01:09:48 pm »
Paul

I don't remember him ever being told he has no place in the plans

he wanted football every week and he wan't guaranteed that
He's the one thats spat his dummy out over it

as for age - 30

Check out every LFC Result and Lineup ever and info on players past, present and for the future!

Offline SkyBlueRed

• Binley Boot Boy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: November 26, 2004, 01:14:08 pm »
Paul

I don't remember him ever being told he has no place in the plans

he wanted football every week and he wan't guaranteed that
He's the one thats spat his dummy out over it

as for age - 30

How do you know that? When it was made public Rafa was very amicable about the whole situation, seeing as hes a manager who had no problem shipping out players and his Valencia team wasnt built around superstars meaning no one is bigger than the team why would he be so friendly and patient if ALT showed the attitude you suggest?

Offline liverweb

• Statto
  • Legacy Fan
    • Liverweb
« Reply #555 on: November 26, 2004, 01:17:33 pm »
his attitude was wanting to play every week which is good and what i'd expect from every player at any club.

At that point sit down shut up and fight for the Red shirt.
if he believes in himself he would know that he could get in the side.

He's the one that sorted the loan deal out - rafa merely agreed on the principle that he wasn't going to be banging on the first team door every week so thus didn't want just reserve team football for him.  After all the reserves shouldnt just be the backup side getting fitness as that just blocks kids progressing through the ranks.

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: November 26, 2004, 01:21:24 pm »
How do you know that? When it was made public Rafa was very amicable about the whole situation, seeing as hes a manager who had no problem shipping out players and his Valencia team wasnt built around superstars meaning no one is bigger than the team why would he be so friendly and patient if ALT showed the attitude you suggest?

from 26th July:

[...] speaking to Liverpoolfc.tv at the club's training camp in New Jersey, Benitez revealed: "I talked with him. I wanted him to come here but he said that if there is not going to be many opportunities it might be better if he stayed behind and found a club to join on loan.

"We have four good forwards here. He is only 20-years old and perhaps it is good for him to go elsewhere in order to gain more experience. He is currently back in Liverpool and agents are working on his behalf to find the best club for him.

"If we return home and he still hasn't found a club then I'll be happy for him to stay because I am happy with him. He's a good player and played very well against Wrexham.

"At his age though it's important to play and I understand his decision.

"The idea is, he goes away, plays more games and comes back a better player. If it works out like that it will be good for the player and for the club."

Sounds amicable enough to me. He spoke with the manager and they agreed on a course of action. That's hardly kicking your toys out of the pram. I've had similar discussions in my job, regarding particular work projects.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: November 26, 2004, 01:21:51 pm »
After the Wrexham game, when ALT scored twice, Rafa said "We have four great strikers at this club - Owen, Cisse, Baros and Pongolle". If that's not being told you're not in the plans, what is?

I don't believe his attitude was wanting to play every week; it was closer to Murphy's in not wanting to play only very occasionally. Rafa spoke about ALT a month or two ago, and said there was no problem, and that they both agreed that a loan move was best for him. You must have these quotes somewhere, Andy?

Being 20, ALT may not have handled it very well, but I don't think he deserves the stick he's getting here.

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: November 26, 2004, 01:23:29 pm »
I don't believe his attitude was wanting to play every week; it was closer to Murphy's in not wanting to play only very occasionally. Rafa spoke about ALT a month or two ago, and said there was no problem, and that they both agreed that a loan move was best for him. You must have these quotes somewhere, Andy?

See my post @ bottom of previous page ...

Offline liverweb

• Statto
  • Legacy Fan
    • Liverweb
« Reply #559 on: November 26, 2004, 01:23:49 pm »
I'm not trying to give him unnecessary stick
however I do also know how arrogant the lad is as well