Author Topic: Anthony Le Tallec  (Read 126287 times)

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
Re: Le Tallec to go out on loan!!!
« Reply #360 on: July 26, 2004, 12:17:03 pm »
If he isnt guaranteed a game then going out on loan is the best thing for the lad, like rafa has sed he can gain experience and come back a better player....
PSN:lr3487

Offline Hugh

• Zit, just to the right of his nose, below the lip.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Man of the People
    • Hugh O'Connell
« Reply #361 on: July 26, 2004, 12:39:22 pm »
Quite shocked by this but again I'm not gonna doubt a man like Rafa Benitez.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: July 26, 2004, 12:46:06 pm »
Gutted about this as I was hoping he could establish himself this season  :( Hopefully he gets loaned to a Div 1 side and not on the continent.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #363 on: July 26, 2004, 12:55:10 pm »
I hope he stays in the UK simply so we can keep an eye out for him and watch any improvement.

We do not need another Diarra, loaned out and never seen again.
I wonder whether Rafa will start loaning players to Spain as against France.
A move to France would be more beneficial for Le Talent personally, but surely it would be better to get more "English experience" if he has a future at Anfield.

I'm sad that we seem to be unable to polish our own "rough gems"

portsmouth are after players so maybe they'd loan him. then i can put him in my fantasy football team and he can get me some cheap points!

Offline Brick Tamland

• Helllllo Jen
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love lamp
« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2004, 12:56:08 pm »
Loan deals don't always work out either though - even when it seems that the player may have Talent above the level he is playing at. Look at Mellor's disaster last season, a wasted season all must admit. He would of been better off in Liverpool playing for the reserves and sniffing at the odd chance of a spot on the bench.

I hope Le Tallec can find a niche at Liverpool, I really do.

I would not like to believe the stuff about him falling out with other squad members, I'd expect Stevie to be more welcoming to a new young lad etc... but if you watch the goal celebration after Stevie scores at Bolton.....  :-X
"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

hoonin

« Reply #365 on: July 26, 2004, 01:04:03 pm »
Just to clear this one up. Le Tallac wasn't a popular personality with the British contingent of the squad. It was no secret that Stevie Gerrard couldn't stand him. Things came to a head just after Xmas between the two.

Even though Le Tallac scored a brace on Wednesday, it was no surprise to many of us (locally) that he was dropped from the squad. It was also no coincidence that this decision was taken shortly after the England contingent returned for duty. Player power? I doubt it. Benitez is no fool. He now has a squad who will work together without any inflated egos...which apparently was Le Tallac's problem.

Fair do's to Rafa if he thinks Le Tallec could be a disruptive influence, but you cant just ship a player off and try and beat the individuality and confidence out of him. Some players thrive on that little extra edge.

Theres nothing wrong with a little bit of arrogance if you know how to use it properly (i.e. not to piss off your own team mates). Gerrards himself obviously found himself consumed by it, given the fact he seemed to be totally unaware of the consequences of leaving LFC until he was more than likely brought back down to earth. It would be a shame that a young player of such promise was being ousted by another player, rather than said player being man enough to accept you dont always have the like people in order to be able to work effectively with them (Hughes & Smith / Shearer & Sutton / Cole and Sheringham all spring to mind)

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #366 on: July 26, 2004, 01:04:41 pm »
I'm a touch disappointed if this is true. As Lloyd Grossman would say 'let's look at the evidence' - Le Tallec is a good young player who has come into the team several times and done well. When his chances have come along he's always given a decent account of himself and you would think he would progress further next season perhaps knocking on the door more often than before. In the freindly against Wrexham, an opportunity for players to stake a claim, he and his compatriot Pongolle did themselves no harm as they were the outstanding pair on the day.

Certain other senior members of the squad who have failed to deliver time and time again were completely outshone by the young frenchman - Diao, Biscan you know who you are.

If Le tallec is the one who ends up shipped out on loan whilst Biscan and Diao continue to collect their substantial wage packets for little in return then life truly is unfair. >:(

Offline the BIG fella

• Kopite
  • What We Achieve in Life, Echoes in Eternity
    • The RUSH Band - Manchester Live Wedding and Corporate Band UK
« Reply #367 on: July 26, 2004, 01:33:10 pm »
I've heard he's an arsehole as well. Seen him in town larging it in the Mosquito. Perhaps he's scored two, gone in and said that he wants to play because he thinks he deserves it, and Rafa's said, it doesn't work like that in his team.

That seems feasible seeing as how he was going to the US, had a chat and now he's off.

Really gutted though, looking forward to him strinking up a partnership with Jib in games where Owen was rested or even coming off the bench. He's massively talented, but he does walk round the pitch as if he's something else. This might have come as a shock for him, lets hope it sorts his arrogance out.
To book bands and live music visit
http://www.bandtube.co.uk

Equally if you need an amazing band for any Wedding or Event
The RUSH Band
http://www.therushband.co.uk
Listen - https://soundcloud.com/therushband

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: July 26, 2004, 01:40:35 pm »
If we loaned out every footballer who was an arrogant nob there'd be no fuckers left. >:(

Offline Andy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: July 26, 2004, 02:06:18 pm »
If we loaned out every footballer who was an arrogant nob there'd be no fuckers left. >:(

;D

Offline AdamL

• Queenie's testicles, as seen in the Echo
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #370 on: July 26, 2004, 02:13:44 pm »
i reckon we should loan him out to get some experience under his belt. if rafa really has no part for him in his plans, then he is certainly a player for the future who would benefeit from some first team experience.
Momo Is Boss

Offline Cardie

• Has severe hair-trigger and adores Aberdare
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: July 26, 2004, 02:14:25 pm »
This is from tonight's Echo:

ANTHONY LE TALLEC was left out of Liverpool's tour of the USA after making unrealistic demands to new boss Rafael Benitez.

The 20-year-old midfielder told Benitez he expected to be an automatic choice this season.

Benitez hasn't even given such a guarantee to some of his more senior players. With four top class strikers competing for two forward positions, Le Tallec's expectations stunned Liverpool officials.

The youngster stayed on Merseyside to find a club to take him on loan for a year while the rest of the squad jetted out on Saturday.

While Le Tallec is still seen as having a big future on Merseyside, Benitez decided it would be better for the youngster to spend a year elsewhere.

However, the Reds want a fee for Le Tallec's services - effectively 'renting' the player as much as loaning him.

So far, only St Etienne have shown an interest in Le Tallec's services. The Reds will consider offers from England.

"I spoke with Anthony and I wanted him to come here with us," explained Benitez. "But he said if there was a possibility of him finding another team he would stay on Merseyside.

"He wants to play but I explained to him it's difficult at Liverpool because we have four very good forwards. So it may be good for him to find another team for a year.

"If it's good for him it will be good for us later."

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #372 on: July 26, 2004, 02:24:36 pm »
Poo. There goes my fantasy footie team and the season hasn't even started.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #373 on: July 26, 2004, 02:28:05 pm »
unlimited transfers till the season starts ...
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Rashid

• 99% of posts are bullshit, the other 1% get deleted. Unloved, unwashed, and untidy.
  • Main Stander
  • Resident Dog
« Reply #374 on: July 26, 2004, 03:02:28 pm »

You know where you can contact me, I have transfer news.

Offline Cardie

• Has severe hair-trigger and adores Aberdare
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: July 26, 2004, 03:07:14 pm »

You know where you can contact me, I have transfer news.

Oi, we'll have no secrets or note passing.

You have something to say you say it to the whole class.

;)

Offline Sheik_Yerbouti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: July 26, 2004, 03:35:28 pm »
Damn straight.
Spill them beans if you got any.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: July 26, 2004, 04:04:36 pm »
I'm a touch disappointed if this is true. As Lloyd Grossman would say 'let's look at the evidence' - Le Tallec is a good young player who has come into the team several times and done well. When his chances have come along he's always given a decent account of himself and you would think he would progress further next season perhaps knocking on the door more often than before. In the freindly against Wrexham, an opportunity for players to stake a claim, he and his compatriot Pongolle did themselves no harm as they were the outstanding pair on the day.

Certain other senior members of the squad who have failed to deliver time and time again were completely outshone by the young frenchman - Diao, Biscan you know who you are.

If Le tallec is the one who ends up shipped out on loan whilst Biscan and Diao continue to collect their substantial wage packets for little in return then life truly is unfair. >:(

Yeah, it seems a bit like Baros being kept out by Heskey - he had to go and be top scorer in Euro 2004 to stake his claim, and even he's not guaranteed a starting place. That sounds like healthy competition to me.

However, I am gutted to see ALT off for the whole year, he's properly two-footed (what a rare occurrance in the game nowadays) and has a great eye for a pass from the limited clips I've seen of him.

He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: July 26, 2004, 04:16:04 pm »
he should only be loaned out to another english team, as i dont see the point of him going back to france or elsewhere, ALT needs to adapt to the english game and he can only do this if playing in it. so good idea to loan him out to get experience but only to an english team, maybe one of the newly promoted teams or another lower prem league team like everton might want him

Offline Talk Doctor

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #379 on: July 26, 2004, 04:29:05 pm »
If Le tallec is the one who ends up shipped out on loan whilst Biscan and Diao continue to collect their substantial wage packets for little in return then life truly is unfair.

As the facts stand (or what passes for "facts" on the net) he asked for the possibility to look for another club. You could argue that he is the one not prepared to put the team first and accept that maybe only SG has a guaranteed place (even MO will be rested). Sure Biscan and Diao are sitting pretty so one understands why they don't mind warming the bench.
Benitez is on record as saying if the loan doesn't come off he would welcome ALT back into the squad. I don't think RB wants him to go, he is just putting the ball in ALT's court, Your move Tony!
From a Spanish saying: "Be careful to "know" all that you say, but never to say all that you know"

Offline the BIG fella

• Kopite
« Reply #380 on: July 26, 2004, 04:35:00 pm »
Yeah the TEAM comes first.

Hmmm, Don't really see that with Le tallec. Theres no I in team is there?

still gutted though, he's a good player.

but it stamps Rafas authority do they know he's not to be f**ked around.

The RUSH Band

Offline Wendi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #381 on: July 26, 2004, 04:39:58 pm »
TO see this as a positive, at least Rafa is not trying to fit ALT into his non preferred position. He sees him as a forward, sees we have plenty of forwards, so moves him out.

It would have been easy to try and turn him into a RM or something but square pegs in round holes doesnt seem to be Rafas way.

It also says to me Raf will get mids from elsehwere.
Sack Parry.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: July 26, 2004, 05:06:40 pm »

As the facts stand (or what passes for "facts" on the net) he asked for the possibility to look for another club.
Haven't read anywhere on here that says he asked to go on loan. Who asks to go on loan ffs?

Yeah so he may be an arrogant little fucker who knows? I know if I had a grain of talent and thought that Biscan and Diao were going to get more of a look in than me I'd go a knocking on the managers door too.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 05:12:00 pm by vladallover »

Offline SkyBlueRed

• Binley Boot Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sleeping giant awakens...
« Reply #383 on: July 26, 2004, 05:11:30 pm »
Well, were either buying another midfielder, or its going to be another season of "Lets see how many defensive players we can cram into our first 11" Please god rafa let it be the former rather than the later  :P
Im not arrogant, im just better than you.

Julian Dicks has been everywhere ... it's like West Ham have got eleven Dicks out there.
-- Anonymous (Metro city radio)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: July 26, 2004, 05:32:33 pm »
Gerrard and ALT not getting on is news to me. But so what? Tough luck, deal with it. Not everyone can be best mates. If ALT thinks he can claim a place in the team however, then he's got to get back to Earth. I like him, I think he has a great future, but he's not good enough to be 1st pick yet. This is the year when he should get ~10+15 games. 10 starts, 15 subs. Spice it up with a short loan deal and hopefully he'd be ready to fight for a more high profile role 05/06. Should he get more, great. Less, no worries. Next year is when it really begins to matter.

I reckon ALT should be kept. Don't like the idea of him going on loan, not just because we'll be short of options in attacking midfield. If we see him as a striker, I'd still keep him ahead of Pongolle and Mellor, because ALT is different to MO, MB and DC.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline America's Sweetheart

• I love you all dearly. Artichoke Festival Queen; the poster formerly known as Low.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boypants.
« Reply #385 on: July 26, 2004, 05:38:57 pm »

Just swapped Le Tallec for Roy Keane. After all, he's better than Gerrard, dontchaknow

Offline Trell

• Kopite
  • "Winning trophies has made me put on weight."
« Reply #386 on: July 26, 2004, 06:09:00 pm »

If he has been making silly demands about guarantees and asking to stay im merseyside to look at possible loan deals then i think Benitez has done the only sensible thing. Effectively told him who is boss.

Personally i think he will be loaned out to an ex premiership side like ..... dare i say it ..... Leeds.

Lets face it they need a decent striker so would likely offer 1st team football, they will still have the premiership training regime and most of the staff, and they can't afford any transfer fees. It could also heal some of the rifts between the two clubs chairmen.

On the other hand the thought of a Liverpool player being loaned to Leeds sort of make me shudder.
Famous words of wisdom:

If you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do with the ball, stick it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards!

I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline philmcevatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: July 26, 2004, 06:42:16 pm »
Rangers or Celtic for me if possible. Certainly did Gattuso and Arteta no harm.
Not only do i think pot should be legalized, it should be mandatory.......... That'd  be a nice world, wouldnt it? Mellow, hungry, quiet f*cked up people everywhere

Life is Just a ride.......

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: July 26, 2004, 07:06:42 pm »
Villa would be my team of choice.

Some talented players, but a paper thin squad, meaning lots of chances.

Le Tallec and Angel up front, or Le Tallec behing Angel and Cole?

Would be very good if you ask me.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Andy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: July 26, 2004, 07:33:22 pm »
Villa would be my team of choice.

Some talented players, but a paper thin squad, meaning lots of chances.

Le Tallec and Angel up front, or Le Tallec behing Angel and Cole?

Would be very good if you ask me.

we don't want to help the oppo too much! i think we need to watch villa, boro and brum. they are signing some useful players and weren't bad last season.

o'course, expect us to be 20 points clear of them by the end.  ;)

Offline Nutty

• Kemlynite
« Reply #390 on: July 26, 2004, 07:38:23 pm »
I do not think Villa will want him.  They have enough young strikers there.

Crewe maybe a likely destination. 

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2004, 08:14:31 pm »
I do not think Villa will want him.  They have enough young strikers there.

Crewe maybe a likely destination. 

If I'm not bery much mistaken, Crewe always have first refusal anyway. Much like we have first shout on any players from there.

hoonin

« Reply #392 on: July 26, 2004, 08:47:29 pm »
Personally i think he will be loaned out to an ex premiership side like ..... dare i say it ..... Leeds.

Bollocks to that. He'll go off as a talented young playmaker and come back a Danny Mills bruiser with a skinhead.

Theres no I in team is there?

No, but there is a "ME" ;)

Offline ratcatcher

• Glass is often half-empty...and it's all Parry's fault
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: July 26, 2004, 09:06:34 pm »

As much as we all like what we have seen from ALT, he's not ready to command a starting place in a top flight club. For starters to he's too physically weak.

At last a bit of sense and realism regarding ALT. He isnt good enough for a starting place at Liverpool and all this sentimentality wont win us championship no 19. We simply have to get rid of this 'Aah' mentality when someone is shipped out by the manager, favourite or not.

If you want to win a title you have to be ruthless especially when you havent won a title in 14 years! If he was good enough, he'd be in Benitez's plans. That fact he isnt should make some wake up and smell the coffee. Harsh, but true.
These are my own opinions. They are not meant or intended as a criticism of anyone else's opinion just because they are different but if you can't see past that, then tough shit!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #394 on: July 26, 2004, 10:14:28 pm »
Personally, I think it's a good idea if he wasn't going to feature that regularly. But it's only a good idea if he's going to be loaned out to a British side and not shipped off to Spain or Germany or somewhere like that. It's quite positive that he wants to get better playing week in week out for a smaller club, than get the odd 15 minutes once in a while at Liverpool.

He looks like he's going to develop into a very good player, and one that could be important for us in the coming years. If he's to stay in the Premiership then I can see a club like Portsmouth in for him, perhaps not one of the bigger clubs because he isn't experienced enough. I'd rather see him in a side that likes to play attractive football, where he'll get to play in his best position and see the ball, rather than in a side that will struggle and be constantly on the back foot. If he has to go to a Division 1 side to do that then so be it.

Offline cynicaloldgit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: July 26, 2004, 10:34:35 pm »
Le Tallec appears to have all the skill in the world but his attitude may be wrong. A good kicking from some First Division defenders may be just what he needs. Then, hopefully, we will reap the benefits next season as a stronger and wiser player returns to Anfield.
"You can always lie to others, but never to yourself."

Offline the BIG fella

• Kopite
« Reply #396 on: July 26, 2004, 10:37:21 pm »
Quite into the Leeds idea, I think he'd get a game there and they're obviously a big club. Jermaine Pennant is supposed to be flying at Arsenal at the moment

The RUSH Band

Offline MC-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: July 27, 2004, 04:28:46 pm »
I hope ALT decides to stay.

Yesterdays game shows more that he could fit well in Rafa's plans.
I hope this Stevie rift is nonsense.

If we really had to make a tough choice it seems selling Baros would be the better way to go.

I have never said this before and compeltely agree with the Gnurglan comment that Baros has "IT".

But it does seem to be the tough choice we have to make.

The problem is he will never get infront of Cisse and Owen to play enough for it to be worth it for him to stay.  ALT and Pongolle should be the backups.

Maybe Baros sale can make funds for whatever Rafa feels we lack CB, RM  or CM

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Le Tallec going to St Etienne on year loan
« Reply #398 on: July 30, 2004, 09:39:19 pm »
From the mouth of Hughie McAuley, he's going to St Etienne tomorrow for a trial with a view to a one year loan deal. Mellor was happy about it!

Offline Robin Duke

• Kopite
Re: Le Tallec going to St Etienne on year loan
« Reply #399 on: July 30, 2004, 09:49:23 pm »
I'd prefer to see him loaned out to a Premiership side for Premiership experience!