Author Topic: Arsenal's New Stadium  (Read 12690 times)

Offline scouserdave

• Anny Roader
  • Grafton Ballroom conceived
Arsenal's New Stadium
« on: March 16, 2006, 11:58:24 am »
Looks OK to me LOL ;D

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
Re: Arsenal's New Stadium
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 08:32:52 pm »
 ;D

Our new ground -

>:(

Offline dobbadobbs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice..
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 09:14:31 pm »
Looks OK to me LOL ;D

you think we could get squatters rights???

edit: on 2nd thoughts fuck london
'Rome wasn't built in a day...but milan was destroyed in 7 minutes'

Xbox Live - Dobbadobbs

Betfair referral code, no catch...£20 each for both of us FWHVCRTRF <----enter this on registering...

Offline Boston_Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 09:52:37 pm »
Class pictures right there, Saw it from the exterior last month and it is un-fucking-real.  Hopefully, soon, we'll have ours. 

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 02:08:26 pm »
Not much grass on the pitch though is there? Even Chelsea wouldn't play on that.
Legacy fan

Offline Roy Cropper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 03:17:43 pm »
Not much grass on the pitch though is there? Even Chelsea wouldn't play on that.

not so sure. . . depends if barca were on their way

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 03:34:44 pm »
Arsenal are selling the old Highbury seats to season ticket holders for £20. They can put legs on them or anything and use them as chairs.

Not a bad idea really and the price isn't too extortionate, brings an extra few quid in I suppose.
Legacy fan

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 05:09:28 pm »
Arsenal are selling the old Highbury seats to season ticket holders for £20. They can put legs on them or anything and use them as chairs.

Not a bad idea really and the price isn't too extortionate, brings an extra few quid in I suppose.

Good price. I was thinking the other day wether we will do this or not. Hope we do, would love a kop seat in my front room. Hope its that sort of price too.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Arch_Stanton

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: April 7, 2006, 02:34:18 am »

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #9 on: April 7, 2006, 07:14:36 pm »
Which one is it? ;D

Offline xeeee

• Boys Pen
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2006, 08:00:42 am »
If you think our stadium will be similar to Arsenal's you got another thing coming.

We're talking about building a stadium for 200 million max and yet their's cost what 700 million. Totally different class.

We need a Kraft type person to buy Liverpool and give us a stadium to match Arsenal's and Man United's.

Id even go as far as Arsenal and sell the naming rights, especially if we was to get a 700 million pound stadium out of it. I mean having anfield on the wall doesn't really bring in any revenue does it, so why not put something else on the wall and have an extra 10 million a year transfer kitty. We'll all still call it anfield anyway so what difference does it really make.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 08:10:16 am »
Arsenals stadium project is costing £357m in total. The stadium itself is around the £220m mark i think
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 10:44:26 am »
Arsenals stadium project is costing £357m in total. The stadium itself is around the £220m mark i think

I'll bet you the costs for our stadium will reach that mark as well.

Id even go as far as Arsenal and sell the naming rights, especially if we was to get a 700 million pound stadium out of it. I mean having anfield on the wall doesn't really bring in any revenue does it, so why not put something else on the wall and have an extra 10 million a year transfer kitty. We'll all still call it anfield anyway so what difference does it really make.

Agree with you there.
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 11:42:28 am »
Its a nice Stadium. Very close...should create a good atmosphere...when we are in town.

Offline PiranhaBill

• Main Stander
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 11:55:26 am »

Offline PiranhaBill

• Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 12:01:58 pm »
But the costs of season tickets is less impressive.......

http://www.arsenal.com/userincludes/docs/arsenal_brochure2.pdf

Offline Koso_Man

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 12:16:00 pm »
The cost of season tickets is a joke.

Normal punters like myself getting priced out the game we love for some nobjockey who comes to the match 10 minutes late and sits on his arse all fucking game.

Im going to the Arsenal - West brom match this saturday....for 15 quid, which is a fucking bargain compared to the prices the club sets....99.9% sure it will be my last game.

Offline Welsh Football

• Boys Pen
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 12:30:25 pm »
The emirates stadiums looks great but hiw far way is it from Highbury and I seen on Sky Sports News that the pitch is going to be well bigger.Great for Thierry Henry.(If he stays :D)

Offline Kardiffuk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 01:01:07 pm »
If you think our stadium will be similar to Arsenal's you got another thing coming.

We're talking about building a stadium for 200 million max and yet their's cost what 700 million. Totally different class.

We need a Kraft type person to buy Liverpool and give us a stadium to match Arsenal's and Man United's.

I'm sorry but that's just plain bollox, it doesn't cost anywhere near £700million, try reading:

http://www.arsenal.com/emiratesstadium/article.asp?article=229763&Title=Arsenal+announce+deal+with+Emirates&lid=the+stadium+-+Latest+News

Ashburton Grove has cost them a total of £357m.
Plus their naming / sponsorhip deal isn't as good as been made out by the Gooners & the London media, a quick search on RAWK will give you the lowdown on just "how great" the deal is or isn't.

I think yer getting yer stadiums mixed up with Wembley re the £700m BTW  :wave

Offline ratcatcher

• Glass is often half-empty...and it's all Parry's fault
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 11:06:57 pm »
The emirates stadiums looks great but hiw far way is it from Highbury and I seen on Sky Sports News that the pitch is going to be well bigger.Great for Thierry Henry.(If he stays :D)

Its almost as close to Highbury as the New Anfield (if it ever gets built) on Stanley Park is to Anfield.

Hate to say it but Ashburton Grove is a fantastic stadium and one which will help them overtake us in the financial stakes. People will tell you all sorts of stories about how much debt they are in blah, blah, blah but the reality is they will generate more income than us.

In the meantime, we fall further and further behind with our 'quaint' stadium. We really need to kick on here and pretty quickly or else..............
These are my own opinions. They are not meant or intended as a criticism of anyone else's opinion just because they are different but if you can't see past that, then tough shit!

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 11:08:23 pm »
but the reality is they will generate more income than us.

They already do generally.

He never walked alone

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 12:11:09 am »
Wonder how much away tix will be.

Offline StevieG26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2006, 03:41:10 pm »
They already do generally.

Are their ticket prices higher than ours then?
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #23 on: June 2, 2006, 11:50:27 pm »
the emirates looks nice, the design is similar to that of the da luz (home of benfica)

our's will also follow a similar design, im informed ;D

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #24 on: June 3, 2006, 12:15:18 am »
the emirates looks nice, the design is similar to that of the da luz (home of benfica)

our's will also follow a similar design, im informed ;D

It won't judging by the pictures released by the club, unless there has been a major redesign.

He never walked alone

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #25 on: June 3, 2006, 12:44:28 pm »
Its almost as close to Highbury as the New Anfield (if it ever gets built) on Stanley Park is to Anfield.

Hate to say it but Ashburton Grove is a fantastic stadium and one which will help them overtake us in the financial stakes. People will tell you all sorts of stories about how much debt they are in blah, blah, blah but the reality is they will generate more income than us.

In the meantime, we fall further and further behind with our 'quaint' stadium. We really need to kick on here and pretty quickly or else..............

While agreeing with you it might be worth pointing out Arsenal were three years ahead of us in the whole new stadium process so if we're in for the 2009-10 we'll have matched their timeline.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Durango

• Can see into the future...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 3, 2006, 05:52:43 pm »
Reported in today's Daily Post that the ground had now increased in cost to £190m (NO QUOTES),Steve Broomhead from the NWDA gone on record that he expects a meeting with Parry in June,unless Parry can pull the proverbial "Rabbit out of the hat",it doesn't make good reading.

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 12:52:07 am »

well this is AG finished, i hope we get something similar.

Offline ryanf21

• Kopite
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 12:58:45 am »

Thats a fucking amazing staduim, reminds me of an Italian style stadia, no wonder Henry wanted to stay so he could lead them out into that next season!

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2006, 10:37:33 am »

This just makes me even more annoyed.
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2006, 12:54:23 pm »
Are they not going to change the colour of the seats? Or did they get a good deal on white ones ;D

Anyway, looks impressive. Shame the artists impressions of ours look very uninspiring, and with projected costs going up by the minute it's got to the stage where i'm completely and utterly apathetic :(

Offline StevieG26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 01:03:31 pm »
Are they not going to change the colour of the seats? Or did they get a good deal on white ones ;D

Well they got a 300m deal with Emirates to build a world-class state-of-the-art 60,000-seater stadium. Sounds OK to me.

Bill Shankly.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 01:22:30 pm »
Well they got a 300m deal with Emirates to build a world-class state-of-the-art 60,000-seater stadium. Sounds OK to me.

They got paid 45m by Emirates. Any chance you can stop spouting bollocks?
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 12:34:38 am »

Anyway, looks impressive. Shame the artists impressions of ours look very uninspiring, and with projected costs going up by the minute it's got to the stage where i'm completely and utterly apathetic :(
the seats are red, they've just got covers on them.

herte's a load of other pics here: http://www.liverpoolpictorial.co.uk/emirates7/index.html

Offline ryanf21

• Kopite
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2006, 09:23:18 am »
They got paid 45m by Emirates. Any chance you can stop spouting bollocks?

Arsenal announce deal with Emirates

Arsenal Football Club has today signed the biggest club sponsorship agreement in English football history with Emirates Airline, in an agreement worth £100 million.

The agreement provides the Dubai-based international airline with naming rights to Arsenal's new £357 million stadium. The new 60,000 seat stadium will be known as Emirates Stadium with immediate effect and for the next 15 years.

In addition, Emirates will take over as the Club's title sponsor - including 'Fly Emirates' shirt sponsorship - for eight years, starting from the 2006/07 season, the first playing season in the new Emirates Stadium.

The combined value of both elements of this sponsorship is by far the biggest deal ever undertaken in English football. It will also create a meaningful and long-lasting relationship between Emirates and Arsenal Football Club.

The agreement was signed today at Highbury by Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill-Wood and Maurice Flanagan, Emirates Vice Chairman and Group President.

Keith Edelman, Managing Director of Arsenal Football Club said: "The sheer size and scale of this deal is an amazing opportunity for Arsenal. We are delighted to have Emirates as our partner and sponsor.

"Emirates is a quality airline and an established global brand, with a proven track record in football and sport sponsorship. This long-term association is an excellent opportunity for both of us. It will help Arsenal reach new markets and build on our existing fan base across the world, thanks in no small part to the airline's global route network. We are grateful to Emirates for its faith in us and look forward to working with them."

Arsenal is one of the most famous and widely supported football clubs in the world. The Club enjoys support from its enormous fan base around the globe with interest in the team spreading from its traditional European base to encompass huge support in Asia, as well as in Australasia and the American continent. Emirates will work closely with Arsenal to extend this ever-growing fan base, to develop exciting opportunities for the team and the airline around the world.

HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum, Chairman of Emirates, believes sport sponsorship is a vital part of the airline's growth strategy and that Arsenal is a perfect partner for Emirates.

Sheikh Ahmed said: "This is an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sponsor such a major new stadium and club, and represents a win-win partnership for both Emirates and Arsenal.

"Arsenal Football Club has proved itself as one of the world's best, with an outstanding record in the English Premiership including, of course, being the current Premiership Champions, and also remaining unbeaten for the last 48 league matches."

Maurice Flanagan, Emirates Vice Chairman and Group President, said: "Arsenal's approach and winning team parallel the ambitions and achievements of Emirates Airline. We strive for quality of service and success in everything we do and these values are the essence of our exciting new partnership with Arsenal."

Sheikh Ahmed added: "Sports sponsorships provide an international platform to connect with our customers. We believe sponsorship is one of the best ways of getting closer to our customers. It allows us to share and support their interests and to build a personal relationship with them. There is no greater vehicle for this than through English football and we are looking forward to a long and very happy relationship with Arsenal."

Arsenal remains fully committed to its existing partnership with O2, which remains official Club and shirt sponsor on an exclusive basis until the end of the 2005/2006 season.

O2's relationship with Arsenal has been a tremendous success for both parties over the first two years of the sponsorship, bringing unprecedented awareness and creating powerful new ways to extend the community of Arsenal fans through interactive mobile services. Arsenal and O2 are committed to building on that success with a range of new activities, including a series of high profile events planned for the club's last season at Highbury in 2005/06. It is anticipated that the highly successful Arsenal Mobile joint venture, which provides fans with exclusive Arsenal content via a range of jointly branded mobile services, will continue beyond 2006.

http://www.arsenal.com/emiratesstadium/article.asp?article=229763&Title=Arsenal+announce+deal+with+Emirates&lid=the+stadium+-+Latest+News

So is £100million for 15year stadium sponsorship & 8 years shirt sponsorship a good deal?  Think about it they could have gotten around £50 million just for the shirt sponsorship

« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 09:25:35 am by ryanf21 »

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2006, 01:15:34 pm »

What a beauty!!!!

Offline Walton_Gary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 01:26:11 pm »
They mustnt have health and safety in London, fancy putting a gate 200ft in the air

Offline ryanf21

• Kopite
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 01:29:09 pm »
They mustnt have health and safety in London, fancy putting a gate 200ft in the air

Can you imagine what it would be like standing up there when the stadium was full, id be shitting myself, great place for a sniper though! :jester

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2006, 03:50:22 pm »
Can you imagine what it would be like standing up there when the stadium was full, id be shitting myself, great place for a sniper though! :jester
AG the first stadium with equipped sniper booth ;D

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2006, 04:13:26 pm »

So is £100million for 15year stadium sponsorship & 8 years shirt sponsorship a good deal?  Think about it they could have gotten around £50 million just for the shirt sponsorship

They got £45m for the stadium naming rights as I said.