Author Topic: Arsenal's New Stadium  (Read 12689 times)

Offline S24 LFC

• For Sale!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Part of the establishment
Re: Arsenal's New Stadium
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2006, 03:18:40 pm »
I'd change my name for 50 million.   :P
Our round the world trip.

www.getjealous.com/sas091011

Offline carr188

• Main Stander
  • Liverbird in the North East
« Reply #41 on: July 1, 2006, 12:56:47 am »
looks unreal the stadium, cant wait to see it inside.
YNWA.

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2006, 03:03:29 pm »
The cost of season tickets is a joke.

Normal punters like myself getting priced out the game we love for some nobjockey who comes to the match 10 minutes late and sits on his arse all fucking game.

Im going to the Arsenal - West brom match this saturday....for 15 quid, which is a fucking bargain compared to the prices the club sets....99.9% sure it will be my last game.

read in the Independent that something like 6000 seats in the corporate suites will account for 43% of the revenue from the stadium. Their M/D has just said on Sky that CL football was more important at Highbury than Arsfarting Grove, the increased capacity will make up for any shortfall should they ever fail to get into the CL. They must have got the f**** thing for nothing then eh? By the time they have paid it off the CL will be a European League and bell bottom kecks will have been in and out of fashion at least 10 times.
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline Saracen Salcano

• Would like an identity
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2006, 08:54:44 pm »
Its looks alot like Benifca's Stadium of light, which was a superb when i went there for our CL game.

But where do the away fans sit?
COBRA KAI NEVER DIES

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2006, 08:58:09 am »
Spoke to a friend who was there for Bergkamp's testimonial:

Alan

It's not bad, actually.  Better than I thought it might be.  Simple.  The interior is good.  Exposed concrete.  Self coloured render.... It's going to get trashed!

It's not at intimate as I thought it would be, and a bit too open.  It has no 'ends' either, but it's very European.

I have to say that was my worry watching on tv and I'd hate it if we built a new stadium on the same lines - impressive but lacking atmosphere.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2006, 03:55:32 pm »
Interesting to see that Arsenal debt has risen by only £100m in building their new stadium.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/5362764.stm

Sounds like a hell of a lot of future revenue bought forward to me.  Any dip in form for more than a season would put them in serious shit I think :D

Offline Arsenal lady

• Kemlynite
  • "One man went to bed, went to bed with Ashley.....
    • Goonersweb
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2006, 10:12:47 am »
Interesting to see that Arsenal debt has risen by only £100m in building their new stadium.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/5362764.stm

Sounds like a hell of a lot of future revenue bought forward to me.  Any dip in form for more than a season would put them in serious shit I think :D

Well let's hope it won' t happen!
"Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas! It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end..."  -Anfield 89

My Arsenal home:
http://z13.invisionfree.com/goonersweb/index.php?act=idx

Offline badfrog

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2006, 06:39:01 pm »
Really great stadium, access was very easy, the ticket system was very good, you just put the ticket under a infared scanner and the turnstyle let you throu.

The service for food and drink was very quick as you didn't need to que for very long.

Loads of leg room at the seats and the view of the pitch was spot on aswell.
God is a DJ

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2006, 09:01:39 pm »
Really great stadium, access was very easy, the ticket system was very good, you just put the ticket under a infared scanner and the turnstyle let you throu.

The service for food and drink was very quick as you didn't need to que for very long.

Sounds fab, Can't wait - does it come with the Dad telling you to sit down and to stop swearing because mathew can't watch the game?

Offline Paul Ando

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Back Anfield Arnie.
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2006, 11:29:07 pm »

Probly because it was £4 a pie...
***** BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA!*****

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2006, 12:29:35 am »
It was 5.50 when Argentina played Brazil there. It was the 2nd time I'd been the Emirates on Sunday and the 1st time I went I was disappointed. I was in the orange quadrant which was up in the gods it was more like reading the game than watching it, the atmosphere was crap and I was far away from the pitch.

The atmosphere was crap again on Sunday but it was always has been at Arsenal. It was nice of them to build a ground closer to the Drayton for us. The stadium looked great on the onside because it was dark but well lit up and the green quad is far nearer to the pitch. There's plenty of room there too, we were standing and got another 3 people in our row quite comfortably.

Offline Muzynho

• Boys Pen
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2007, 07:20:33 am »
very very fantastic

Offline Shaggy Alonso

• Main Stander
  • Shagged
« Reply #52 on: February 2, 2007, 09:00:06 pm »
I think the Emirates looks completely soulless. I can't believed everyone here seems so bowled over by it. It's seemingly the same as any new stadium these days, they're all clones of each other. I'd love Stanley Park to be like the Allianz arena though, it's really enclosed and steep, like a cauldron, nice and intimidating + it's massive.
Liverpool showed that miracles exist. They proved that football is the most beautiful sport of them all. After this game, my English team is going to be Liverpool. I came across some of their fans beforehand and they told me they were going to win, but that they would be made to suffer. It's just the way it happened

Diego Maradona

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 2, 2007, 09:51:36 pm »
I've said all this before, but I'll say it again...

I went to the stadium for our game there earlier in the season.

It's a horrible, corporate, souless, tacky, overly spacious joke of a football stadium. Most Arsenal fans I know (that went regularly to Highbury) feel the exact same way.

Main reasons I disliked it..

1) The stands were miles away from the pitch - No sense of intimidation whatsoever.
2) The stands aren't steep enough. I'm sure you would need binoculars for the upper tier.
2) Ridiculous ticket prices/pie/programme prices etc
3) The two big screen TV's inside the ground - Felt like I was in America. Horrible.
4) The fact it's called 'The Emirates' - Fucking sellouts.
5) The corporate hospitality is between the lower and upper tiers, consequently the two stands can't 'feed' off eachothers banter/chants/songs etc

I've got loads more reasons but I cant be arsed to list them.

If the new stadium is anything like the Emirates in any way, shape or form, I will be deeply, deeply upset.

I fucking hated the Emirates.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2007, 11:04:10 pm by anfieldanfield »

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 2, 2007, 09:52:47 pm »

Ha!

You simply scream 'new fan'....

Offline Shaggy Alonso

• Main Stander
  • Shagged
« Reply #55 on: February 2, 2007, 10:19:14 pm »
I don't think Stanley Park is going to be as spacious and airy as the Emirates, but I can't see it retaining Anfield's intimidation. It'll be too 'pretty'.
Liverpool showed that miracles exist. They proved that football is the most beautiful sport of them all. After this game, my English team is going to be Liverpool. I came across some of their fans beforehand and they told me they were going to win, but that they would be made to suffer. It's just the way it happened

Diego Maradona

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 2, 2007, 11:03:06 pm »
I don't think Stanley Park is going to be as spacious and airy as the Emirates, but I can't see it retaining Anfield's intimidation. It'll be too 'pretty'.

I'm young, but I'm 'old school'.

Give me a traditional, four stand, no-frills, tight to the pitch football stadium any day of the week.

I was at West Ham for the game on Tuesday, and I see even they have resorted to cheer leaders, half time 'entertainment' and other American shite. It's just a small thing, but what it represents is worrying...

« Last Edit: February 2, 2007, 11:05:19 pm by anfieldanfield »

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #57 on: February 8, 2007, 03:32:19 pm »
I think the Emirates looks completely soulless. I can't believed everyone here seems so bowled over by it. It's seemingly the same as any new stadium these days, they're all clones of each other. I'd love Stanley Park to be like the Allianz arena though, it's really enclosed and steep, like a cauldron, nice and intimidating + it's massive.

Totally agree the Emirates looks totally souless, we MUST'NT let the new Anfield (and I don't care who they sell out to I'll still call it Anfield) go the way of Arsenal's Emirates, the stands are far too far away from the pitch (Ok they don't lose seats for European games - but, its a small price to pay if it means were closer to the action) and we MUST have a new Kop - single tier like the Kop now only with increased capacity, I've heard figures branded around of 14,000 for the new Kop? well that's only 1,590 seats more than the present Kop, surely with the room they have for the build they can get it up nearer the 20,000 mark?

Come on Mr G and Mr H lets have THE BEST ground in the land bar none (not even Wembley) and I'm not talking about the capacity of the stadium I'm talking about the design, the accoustics and the pitch.  Were the best fans in the land so lets have a ground that compliments the supporters in it.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline billionaire boy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #58 on: February 8, 2007, 05:03:24 pm »
Looked great at first, but seems shitter every time you see it.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #59 on: February 8, 2007, 05:21:02 pm »
I never liked it. Too much glass on the outside for a start. When you go through the turnstiles you should be away from the world outside. The roof has to be enclosed at the back to keep the noise in (not a problem at Arsenal I know) and there should be 4 stands. Ashburton Grove looks too open and the rake's not steep enough.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline MikeD

• Anny Roader
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2007, 09:04:49 am »

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2007, 09:27:09 am »
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2007, 01:25:20 pm »
I have an Arsenal supporting mate that says that over the next 4 years the Emirates is going to be extended to 65k. He said that it was built with this in mind and the only reason it wasn't built as a 65k is that the transport (underground I think) wasn't upto it and wouldn't be updated for 4 years and that when that happens the Emirates will be updated.

Anyone know anything about this?
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2007, 01:49:29 pm »
I have an Arsenal supporting mate that says that over the next 4 years the Emirates is going to be extended to 65k. He said that it was built with this in mind and the only reason it wasn't built as a 65k is that the transport (underground I think) wasn't upto it and wouldn't be updated for 4 years and that when that happens the Emirates will be updated.

Anyone know anything about this?

I doubt it.  If the only thing stopping them from having 65,000 was transport links then there would have been nothing stopping them from building a 65,000 seater stadium.  The council would have just restricted the safety certificate to a capacity of 60,000.  Also I remember reading that arsenal are not actually going to pay for the upgrade of the tube station (despite it being a requirement) now.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline white pony

• Main Stander
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2007, 10:53:41 pm »
^65k would be pushing it seeing as they couldn't even sell out their fa cup game against blackburn this afternoon.
"You must be like a sponge - and he is. I know that name SpongeBob from when my children watch television!"

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2007, 11:03:09 pm »
I doubt it.  If the only thing stopping them from having 65,000 was transport links then there would have been nothing stopping them from building a 65,000 seater stadium.  The council would have just restricted the safety certificate to a capacity of 60,000.  Also I remember reading that arsenal are not actually going to pay for the upgrade of the tube station (despite it being a requirement) now.

There is quite an argument about it as basically all the transport improvements that were required have now been shelved and getting away on match day is even more of a nightmare than when they were at Highbury.