Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2201795 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Rafa's Blooooooooo's are smacked by the Liverpool bastards
« Reply #4400 on: December 16, 2021, 01:43:54 pm »
Wonder how far this weird obsession goes. Never park next to red cars? Never eat from KFC because of their red logo? Avoid going out in the sun because their skin might turn red?
I saw a fella on the Formby Bypass a while back who must have been highly conflicted.

He had an EFC number plate on a bright red car. 😲
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #4401 on: December 16, 2021, 01:54:02 pm »

.... I'm sure sponsors are well aware that association with one club will lose them customers with some fans of rival clubs. No doubt it's all part of the territory.

I think that's on a whole different planet to the way some have their lives dictated to and ruled by a colour.

Fair point that ... probably explains why Pepsi or Coca Cola have never actually sponsored a club - to my knowledge anyway - only a Competition.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4402 on: December 16, 2021, 02:46:08 pm »
Never bought Hafnia ham, scruffs food

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4403 on: December 16, 2021, 02:50:05 pm »
Fair point that ... probably explains why Pepsi or Coca Cola have never actually sponsored a club - to my knowledge anyway - only a Competition.

Isn’t that why Celtic and Rangers used to have the same sponsor for years?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #4404 on: December 16, 2021, 02:52:23 pm »
I don't see anything wrong there. We invest a lot of our lives in football. A lot of time, money and emotion. Even at sane and sensible levels it's still quite tribal. With that in mind, many would draw the line at putting money in the pockets of rival clubs.

I recall in the 90s having a One-to-One mobile phone. They sponsored the BS at the time but I thought nothing of it. I'd never have got a Vodaphone though, seeing as they were with the Mancs for a good while. I always gave Sharpe electronics a miss too.

I'm sure sponsors are well aware that association with one club will lose them customers with some fans of rival clubs. No doubt it's all part of the territory.

I think that's on a whole different planet to the way some have their lives dictated to and ruled by a colour.

I’ve told this story on here before but,
Over 20 years ago , I had a very interesting conversation with a chap who worked for Everton, coaching school kids it out in the schools. This was when reaching out to schools was more about scouting prospects because the Everton Board were miffed because of the number of players who were Evertonians but had been picked up by our academy and come through the ranks, Rushie the most obvious at that time.
He told me that he had parked up in his very smart red BMW and had been accosted by a director, who had him into the office and told him he was upset by the colour of his car. Now this lad was Irish, with no particular affiliation to Everton apart from the job. He was doing a job and was good at it. He said he just loved red cars and had always done so and couldn’t understand why he was basically being told to get rid of his car.  When I told him there were Evertonians who wouldn’t have a cherry on their cake he was gobsmacked.
Is it any wonder they are like they are.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4405 on: December 16, 2021, 03:08:36 pm »
I hope the fans and Seamus Coleman remember this. The bitter c*nt was on MNF last year after a rare Bloos win last year taking "we don't complain about injuries" guff after their rough house bullshit started the whole thing. Cheeky prick.

Apologies, I posted this before I read the rest of the thread. Glad someone quoted the prick. Never had any real feelings on Coleman before that night even though he's a Blue, mainly because he's Irish as well and always supported him for the national team but I flat out hate him since that night and those comments. Deserves everything he gets this season, as do Everton. Praying this is their year.
He can make his little remarks on Sky. We still made the top four that year and they still achieved absolutely nothing. Coleman will retire having spent almost his entire career at one boringly mediocre club and won’t have a single winners medal to show for it. He can take his place alongside BIG DUNC and UNSY on the bench and have them tell him stories about the fabled FA Cup win of 1995.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4406 on: December 16, 2021, 03:10:58 pm »
I’ve told this story on here before but,
Over 20 years ago , I had a very interesting conversation with a chap who worked for Everton, coaching school kids it out in the schools. This was when reaching out to schools was more about scouting prospects because the Everton Board were miffed because of the number of players who were Evertonians but had been picked up by our academy and come through the ranks, Rushie the most obvious at that time.
He told me that he had parked up in his very smart red BMW and had been accosted by a director, who had him into the office and told him he was upset by the colour of his car. Now this lad was Irish, with no particular affiliation to Everton apart from the job. He was doing a job and was good at it. He said he just loved red cars and had always done so and couldn’t understand why he was basically being told to get rid of his car.  When I told him there were Evertonians who wouldn’t have a cherry on their cake he was gobsmacked.
Is it any wonder they are like they are.
That's a great example of the small time mentality across the park being all pervasive. If it were just the fanbase, the club itself might still have a chance. It's not though, it runs through the club from top to bottom.  ::)

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4407 on: December 16, 2021, 03:23:02 pm »
Isn’t that why Celtic and Rangers used to have the same sponsor for years?
It was. I read that both CR SMITH and NTL considered it commercial suicide to sponsor just one of the Glasgow clubs, especially given that between them the have the bulk of Scotland's football fans aligned with them.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4408 on: December 16, 2021, 03:53:17 pm »
I don't know why Everton don't just disband and have done with it. They see no point in anything. They see misery and negativity in everything. It's clear they are just going through the motions and don't enjoy any of it. Why bother?
Come on now, that’s not fair. You know they love football for the first four games of the season. All their dreams come true, they win the league and proclaim the player of the season.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #4409 on: December 16, 2021, 04:09:06 pm »
Hang on.....

We'd just lifted the European Cup for the fifth time, but those pesky blue blighters upstaged us by winning the "Some RS Has a Red Front Door" trophy? 

yup....the fact the Blue door to my house was a ten minute walk from Goodison didnt seem to matter...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4410 on: December 16, 2021, 04:34:46 pm »
yup....the fact the Blue door to my house was a ten minute walk from Goodison didnt seem to matter...

Being that close to the pit, you would probably have had something happen to that door if it had been red!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4411 on: December 16, 2021, 05:04:45 pm »
TBF, I refuse to buy Samsung due to Chelsea links. However, I would be unlikely to buy Sansung anyways. Prefer Sony and Apple. So...maybe I'm just being a soft twat. (likely)

I've got a Samsung. Never give Chelsea a moments thought. Stuff like that simply doesn't bother me.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4412 on: December 16, 2021, 05:10:18 pm »
It is silly and probably false in the sense I wouldnt buy a Samsung Telly coz I always buy Sony. Same with Phones. I buy iphones purely because I use iTunes a lot. My iPhone is a glorified Ipod mainly that occassionally sends texts. I have >500Gb of music. All legit. So its easy for me to say I wouldnt buy samsung because I generally wouldnt anyways.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4413 on: December 16, 2021, 05:40:24 pm »
I'm not sure I'm even particularly aware of who sponsors which clubs...I know the ev have cazoo because we've made jokes about it. But I couldn't tell you who Man Utd have on their shirt, or Arsenal or Chelsea or City. I just never pay attention to that sort of stuff.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #4414 on: December 16, 2021, 05:50:53 pm »
Being that close to the pit, you would probably have had something happen to that door if it had been red!

it was great...they'd park in our street..I'd stand in window watching...once ,cant recall game..maybe Derby..got beat....one lad got back early before driver had to wait by car...when driver arrived he said " Where the fuck have you been?..that twat ( pointing at me?) has been laughing at me for the past ten minutes"

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4415 on: December 16, 2021, 06:54:51 pm »
I'm not sure I'm even particularly aware of who sponsors which clubs...I know the ev have cazoo because we've made jokes about it. But I couldn't tell you who Man Utd have on their shirt, or Arsenal or Chelsea or City. I just never pay attention to that sort of stuff.
Same. Until someone mentioned Chelsea having Samsung I wouldn’t have known.
The only one I know would be Man City with Etihad because I was struck at the time by what good value it was for the struggling airline.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 06:57:14 pm by JRed »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4416 on: December 16, 2021, 07:02:47 pm »
Can only name 7 subs and that’s including two goalies.

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
« Reply #4417 on: December 16, 2021, 07:08:46 pm »
Their team tonight is appalling, even by their standards. Chelsea should absolutely better them.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4418 on: December 16, 2021, 07:26:16 pm »
Glen Johnson on LFCTV pre match.

Wearing a White Shirt, Blue v-neck jumper.

Didn't get the memo obvs.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4419 on: December 16, 2021, 07:37:58 pm »

‘Benitez get out of our club’ banner at Stamford Bridge... probably bought from the Chelsea fans ;)

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4420 on: December 16, 2021, 07:42:54 pm »
^

Look at all that class and dignity. 😲

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4421 on: December 16, 2021, 07:43:52 pm »
‘Benitez get out of our club’ banner at Stamford Bridge... probably bought from the Chelsea fans ;)

If they think Rafa is the problem then they are fucking deluded.
I hope they get Big Dunc as manager , then they really will have problems.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4422 on: December 16, 2021, 08:29:53 pm »
Everton need to stop mucking about with band aids and deal with the open wound they're plastered over.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4423 on: December 16, 2021, 08:51:19 pm »
They won’t be happy not to be losing thus far.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4424 on: December 16, 2021, 09:03:01 pm »
They won’t be happy not to be losing thus far.
Fuck all to booooooo at so far. They will be well pissed off about that.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4425 on: December 16, 2021, 09:40:47 pm »
Don't know much about this Branthwaite lad but he's straight into the combined eleven for me

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4426 on: December 16, 2021, 09:50:31 pm »
Booooooooooooo.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #4427 on: December 16, 2021, 09:55:44 pm »
Funny watching the first 15 and the bit during our half time. They seemed to have more team spirit and were running around like men possessed. Even Iwobi looked awake.
Holgate is a liability though. They looked like a team committed to the plan. I wonder if Richi La and a couple of others are the problem and now they have gone for a while….
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4428 on: December 16, 2021, 09:56:00 pm »
Cheers Rafa.

Merry Christmas 🎄  :)

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #4429 on: December 16, 2021, 09:57:04 pm »
Merry Christmas, Everton.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4430 on: December 16, 2021, 09:58:27 pm »
Cheers you weirdo Blue Loons.  :wave
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4431 on: December 16, 2021, 09:59:19 pm »
Played Rafa.

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4432 on: December 16, 2021, 09:59:22 pm »
Another booking for a dive tonight?  Biggest cheaters in the league.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4433 on: December 16, 2021, 10:00:34 pm »
Funny watching the first 15 and the bit during our half time. They seemed to have more team spirit and were running around like men possessed. Even Iwobi looked awake.
Holgate is a liability though. They looked like a team committed to the plan. I wonder if Richi La and a couple of others are the problem and now they have gone for a while….

What from I saw of it Chelsea were so ponderous and crap in front of goal that it gave Everton a boost to fight out a result. Chelsea had over 80% possession.

Branthwaite played well, Gordon was good when he got on the ball, that was about it. One of the young strikers got booked for a terrible dive, so he'll fit right in.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #4434 on: December 16, 2021, 10:06:59 pm »
What from I saw of it Chelsea were so ponderous and crap in front of goal that it gave Everton a boost to fight out a result. Chelsea had over 80% possession.

Branthwaite played well, Gordon was good when he got on the ball, that was about it. One of the young strikers got booked for a terrible dive, so he'll fit right in.

Never saw that..

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4435 on: December 16, 2021, 10:12:39 pm »
Wow.  Great achievement by Rafa to get a point with that team he sent out.  Great or incredibly fortunate looking at the match stats!

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
« Reply #4436 on: December 16, 2021, 10:18:45 pm »
Their team tonight is appalling, even by their standards. Chelsea should absolutely better them.

Shows what I know  ;D

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4437 on: December 16, 2021, 10:28:51 pm »
Pickford diving out of the way for Chelsea’s goal.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4438 on: December 16, 2021, 10:31:21 pm »
Literally everyone in that stadium was probably hating on Rafa tonight, an unusual situation even in football. So I'm glad for him that he won a point that helps the team he loves ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4439 on: December 16, 2021, 10:32:10 pm »
These blue loons just can't give Rafa any credit at all. ;D

This is just pure desire from the players Al. To grind out a point. Rafa just holding the team back.
:lmao

https://twitter.com/LeaderRound/status/1471600651297775617
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”