Author Topic: PL: Vila 3 vs 3 Liv Mart og 2’ Tielemans 12’ Gakpo 26’ Quansah 48’ Duran 85’ 88’  (Read 12301 times)

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
It’s a weird feeling at the moment. Nothing to play for, and Jurgen is leaving, so we’re in limbo. Last night felt a lot like a friendly, I couldn’t really get too upset with anything.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
The season as a body of work is intriguing with a lot of positives. The last 6 weeks undermines a lot of what went before in many ways but I do think that fatigue and injury are chief reasons for the drop off rather than a general lack of quality.

Klopp is leaving behind a very decent squad compared to the one he inherited. Slot is unlikely to rip it up and start again - I think they've clearly appointed him based on the fact he won't be restarting the process.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
The season as a body of work is intriguing with a lot of positives. The last 6 weeks undermines a lot of what went before in many ways but I do think that fatigue and injury are chief reasons for the drop off rather than a general lack of quality.

Klopp is leaving behind a very decent squad compared to the one he inherited. Slot is unlikely to rip it up and start again - I think they've clearly appointed him based on the fact he won't be restarting the process.

Dont think it’s a valid suggestion by anyone to rip everything up and start again. We clearly need to improve some tactical elements and we also need to get in 3 or 4 quality footballers so we dont have this reliance on the class of 2018 going forward.

Im hoping that this new structure improves the recruitment as I think since and including 2022, its not been great.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Dont think it’s a valid suggestion by anyone to rip everything up and start again. We clearly need to improve some tactical elements and we also need to get in 3 or 4 quality footballers so we dont have this reliance on the class of 2018 going forward.

Im hoping that this new structure improves the recruitment as I think since and including 2022, its not been great.
Yeah mostly agree. I think recruitment has been ok but doesn’t compare to the impossibly brilliant recruitment between 2017 and 2018. Untouchable levels of precision in terms of quality and fit.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
Most odd feeling watching that game, knowing it had no consequence for us whatsoever.

Mildly annoyed at the last 10 minutes but it was a slip by MacAllister and a lucky deflection.

Its starting to sink in he won't be here next season and its horrible. I'm working from home today and got the Alexa on full whack. As I am reading this thread and thinking about some of our finest away games, the lyrics kind of sum up my thoughts on the great man....

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you?
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Is right. Doesn't matter and it was an enjoyable, yet another mental match under the great Klopp, you just have to enjoy it. Sums up how through the great times and the not so great times we've always been entertained. You just never know what Klopp's team might serve you.
In that sense his team was always the most Notorious on Planet Earth, just sad our defence has Come Undone. Just Save A Prayer for the new manager, he has some work to do. Sorry, bye.
The Reflex reactions of some fans show Careless Memories. Oh well, as the Klopp era ends there will be a New Moon on Monday. I just hope that twat Rio isn't a pundit on the (Hungry Like the) Wolves game.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Online chiplege

• Anny Roader
Game management is baffling at times. Carragher just mentioned it, 3-1 up with five minutes to go, go long. Put it up the pitch and play from there.

Exactly why pass to Mcallister when he's surrounded by 3 players!  Lunacy, just go long.  We were in control at that point then went to pieces!

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Reflex reactions of some fans show Careless Memories. Oh well, as the Klopp era ends there will be a New Moon on Monday. I just hope that twat Rio isn't a pundit on the (Hungry Like the) Wolves game.

Scary thing is we'll be back to the Ordinary World of competing for the top 4 next year you'd think, unless these lot can get back that gengenpressing, Wild Boys style that worked so well for us. As for the new manager coming into this squad, Is There Something I Should Know that means it's going to work out?
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
If nothing else, last night will have shown the new boss what we are good at and what we are not so good at! A mobile physical DM is a must!

More importantly, I'm 47 and the Klopp years have been the best in my time and might never be surpassed. A great leader and an even better man. I'll have a tear in my eye on Sunday.
JFT97

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
If you are replacing one of the greatest managers to ever live then No. Your job is not to improve the team.

If a coach who has never coached in a top league is expected to improve on one of the greatest coaches ever then the world has gone mad. If  Ped was run over by a bus tomorrow would you expect the new manager to improve City?

Or would City hope there wasn't too much of a drop off?

I expect us to score a similar number of goals next season but concede far less. Fair to say that this would only improve us surely?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Entertaining end of season game
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Game management is baffling at times. Carragher just mentioned it, 3-1 up with five minutes to go, go long. Put it up the pitch and play from there.

That's not the way Klopp's Liverpool team achieved their success. If they had played like that in the past whenever they were under a bit of pressure we wouldn't have needed to make any amendments to the champions' wall. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Scary thing is we'll be back to the Ordinary World of competing for the top 4 next year you'd think, unless these lot can get back that gengenpressing, Wild Boys style that worked so well for us. As for the new manager coming into this squad, Is There Something I Should Know that means it's going to work out?

Well we’ve chosen a manager with an ultra high intensity style of play, and we probably have the best recruitment department in the world assembled. Its quite exciting.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I would agree if it were only this game, but our midfield defense has been an issue all season - indeed multiple seasons.

Bit late to be worrying about it now.

Just enjoy the last game. I'd rather it be 5-5 than 1-0 to be honest with you.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.