Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3446386 times)

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #39640 on: February 4, 2020, 11:43:17 am »
To be fair, Pep did one of the great side rebuilds in recent times. The notion that he didn't is revisionist.

He inherited Rijkaard's European Cup winning team, dismantled much of its core, and propelled it to a new level with some pretty bold decision making.

Position by position in his first summer...

GK: kept Valdes
LB: Silvinho - kept on with him, sold Zambrotta
CB: declining Marquez, brought in Pique to play alongside...
CB: Puyol - doubled down on the big man
RB: brought in Alves (Abidal was ill)
MF: Iniesta
MF: Xavi
MF: Busquets gets promoted from youth ranks, bins off Deco, demotes Toure
FW: Bins Ronaldinho, promotes Messi, makes False 9 a thing
FW: brings in Samuel Eto'o from Majorca and makes him a superstar
FW: Henry/Bojan/Pedro promoted from the youth ranks

He tried to bring in David Silva in that first season too.

It's nonsensical to say he can't build a team. He's just never had to work within constraints since that time, and I think (like Mourinho) that stunts a manager's development and certain aspects of their ambition (for their side to grow and integrate, for example).

I think he's also a massive head banger so people just get worn down with him.

Abidal was in no way a RB, Etoo was already there and Guardiola tried to bin him off when he arrived. He also didn't promote Messi as he'd played 40 games the season before and was already being talked about as one of the best on the planet

He binned off Ronaldinho and Deco as they were bad influences. He got rid of a couple of aging players like Zambrotta. He still had a core of world class players to add to. Did he make them better? Of course he did. I'd love to know how involved he was in the signings of Pique and Alves as well because basing opinions on his transfers since then I'd say they were already in place before he was promoted or they were brought in without his say

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39641 on: February 4, 2020, 11:43:24 am »
Pep has spent an absolute fortune at the clubs he's been at.  NO way he can do what Klopp has done for us

Guardiola has spent over 1.307 billion euros and 513.1 million euros on defenders

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2019/08/08/5d4c15b8268e3e99568b45db.html

And he still isn't happy! He wants to spend more...

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39642 on: February 4, 2020, 11:44:47 am »
This has been said 1000 times already I am sure, but the notion that it's Oil Money FC coming up with conspiracy theories as to why we are doing so well as a club when they are funded by dodgy deals and wage structures hidden away left right and centre just makes me smile.

Projection FC might be a better title for them.

It's a pretty common phenomena it seems, people who cheat convincing themselves that everyone else is cheating to justify their own behaviour. They want easy title wins and eternal bragging rights and are happy to cheat their way to it (not a conspiracy theory, they've been caught and fined and have since had the investigation reopened), but we've somehow managed to beat them and break a lot of their records regardless. They have to tell themselves we're cheating too because the alternative is we've somehow comfortably beaten them while spending a fraction of what they have.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #39643 on: February 4, 2020, 11:47:55 am »
Pep has spent an absolute fortune at the clubs he's been at. NO way he can do what Klopp has done for us

Guardiola has spent over 1.307 billion euros and 513.1 million euros on defenders.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2019/08/08/5d4c15b8268e3e99568b45db.html

pretty sure Guardiola himself would agree with you! Hasn't he always been quite honest about the fact that he needs the best to coach the football he does, so spending a shit ton of money is a prerequisite, unless players of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Aguero and De Bruyne's class area already there for him. 'Making do' isn't how he generally works, whereas Klopp has always had to make do, until he has the money to improve a particular position, or another option become available.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #39644 on: February 4, 2020, 11:49:41 am »
If I won the lottery, bought a mansion, hired cleaners and a butler and groundskeeping staff, interior designers and decorators, and you popped round when the maid just left - would you say "you keep a lovely home", giving me all the credit?

That's Pep's management career!

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39645 on: February 4, 2020, 11:52:32 am »
pretty sure Guardiola himself would agree with you! Hasn't he always been quite honest about the fact that he needs the best to coach the football he does, so spending a shit ton of money is a prerequisite, unless players of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Aguero and De Bruyne's class area already there for him. 'Making do' isn't how he generally works, whereas Klopp has always had to make do, until he has the money to improve a particular position, or another option become available.

You think he'd admit to being a cheque book manager? I doubt he would. 

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #39646 on: February 4, 2020, 11:57:05 am »
To be fair, Pep did one of the great side rebuilds in recent times. The notion that he didn't is revisionist.

He inherited Rijkaard's European Cup winning team, dismantled much of its core, and propelled it to a new level with some pretty bold decision making.

Position by position in his first summer...

GK: kept Valdes
LB: Silvinho - kept on with him, sold Zambrotta
CB: declining Marquez, brought in Pique to play alongside...
CB: Puyol - doubled down on the big man
RB: brought in Alves (Abidal was ill)
MF: Iniesta
MF: Xavi
MF: Busquets gets promoted from youth ranks, bins off Deco, demotes Toure
FW: Bins Ronaldinho, promotes Messi, makes False 9 a thing
FW: brings in Samuel Eto'o from Majorca and makes him a superstar
FW: Henry/Bojan/Pedro promoted from the youth ranks

He tried to bring in David Silva in that first season too.

It's nonsensical to say he can't build a team. He's just never had to work within constraints since that time, and I think (like Mourinho) that stunts a manager's development and certain aspects of their ambition (for their side to grow and integrate, for example).

He benefited from having a fit, Young, fresh, once in a lifetime talent in Messi to build a team around.  How many times did he win games through sheer freakish talent?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #39647 on: February 4, 2020, 11:59:32 am »
Watched that BBC call-in show with Stats Man Gary or whatever he calls himself. Wow, you'd be hard pressed to script a character as cringeworthy as him.

I kept expecting Savage to ask him, "who invented the skip?"
i was driving home on sunday listening to that

great laugh

the fellas head was on the verge of blowing up
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #39648 on: February 4, 2020, 12:12:11 pm »
Pep has spent an absolute fortune at the clubs he's been at.  NO way he can do what Klopp has done for us

Guardiola has spent over 1.307 billion euros and 513.1 million euros on defenders

I'm glad it's actually being highlighted how much this fella has actually spent and is still moaning.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39649 on: February 4, 2020, 12:45:26 pm »

Basically spent at least as much money as Moshiri has wealth. Guardiola is a defacto billionaire, spending by proxy.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39650 on: February 4, 2020, 12:50:55 pm »
Basically spent at least as much money as Everton has wealth. Guardiola is a defacto billionaire, spending by proxy.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #39652 on: February 4, 2020, 01:37:39 pm »
https://twitter.com/SuperbiaProeIia/status/1158724860996198401?s=19

Just wanted to post this again. I'll never be able to watch this without laughing.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #39653 on: February 4, 2020, 01:57:13 pm »
https://twitter.com/SuperbiaProeIia/status/1158724860996198401?s=19

Just wanted to post this again. I'll never be able to watch this without laughing.

Such a bell end. Liam is sound.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39654 on: February 4, 2020, 02:02:14 pm »

Think this is a really interesting point. You could argue it probably makes sense for managers in other walks of life too. If the answer to all your problems is spend more money, maybe you lose sight that hunger is more important than talent a lot of the time. You look at the money Pep's spent on fullbacks, and not one of them can hold a candle to either of ours, both of whom strike me as the absolute hungriest footballers you could ever wish to meet.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39655 on: February 4, 2020, 02:04:46 pm »
Such a bell end. Liam is sound.

Neither of them are sound. They're both absolute pricks

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39656 on: February 4, 2020, 02:08:39 pm »
Is the correct answer.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #39657 on: February 4, 2020, 02:19:31 pm »

I've lost track of your comings and goings on various online platforms, but this was pretty much the conclusion I came to on a Twitter exchange with Brother Mal and Brother from Another Mother Hassay.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #39658 on: February 4, 2020, 02:33:03 pm »
agreed.

used to think Noel was alright, though only recently when i saw the michael hutchence doc did i change my mind

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39659 on: February 4, 2020, 02:33:58 pm »

True facts.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #39660 on: February 4, 2020, 02:36:48 pm »
;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39661 on: February 4, 2020, 02:41:27 pm »
The fact that Anfield is sold out for a match against Shrewsbury with the kids playing, whilst they have to practically beg their supporters to show up for a Champions League game against Madrid says everything about the two clubs and their respective fan bases.

Despite it being sold out, you still have tabloid twats with big articles about how the lowered prices are costing shrewsbury so much money from this replay.  ::)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #39663 on: February 4, 2020, 02:58:01 pm »
Despite it being sold out, you still have tabloid twats with big articles about how the lowered prices are costing shrewsbury so much money from this replay.  ::)
They got a replay = bunce
They could go through = more bunce
But let’s not be positive about lowering the price for fans.
I’m made up my lad has snagged us some tickets. Food, a bevvy and then watch the future reds. Only problem is it’s in the lower Kenny by the Anny Rd. . I’m unsure whether to bring my iPad. 😉
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #39664 on: February 4, 2020, 03:01:55 pm »
Noel can take his 'safe' dad rock and fuck off with Bono and Coldplay the c*nt. He'll be doing duets with Celine Dion next the walloper.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #39665 on: February 4, 2020, 03:05:20 pm »
The fact that Anfield is sold out for a match against Shrewsbury with the kids playing, whilst they have to practically beg their supporters to show up for a Champions League game against Madrid says everything about the two clubs and their respective fan bases.

City have a smaller pool of fans who will attend games. Due to the economic pressures, a number of the regular match goers will swerve the domestic cups. I think that was heightened for the FA Cup 4th round due to the proximity of the Xmas break, the upcoming resumption of the CL and the semi-finals against United in the League Cup. City just don't have the same number of fans to 'pick up that slack' when regular match going fans miss a game. That is still probably true for the CL where certain City fans do have a weird coldness towards UEFA and the competition.

Our fanbase is massively bigger than City's and therefore demand is bigger so even for low key FA Cup and League Cup ties the tickets get scooped up.despite a percentage of STHs or regular match goers giving it a miss.

I'm not sure there are any other factor apart from the size of the supporter base and the economic pressures on individual fans to go to every game. I'd say it would be a stretch to say any regular match going City fan is any less loyal to going to games than their Liverpool counterpart. Not sure there is any real evidence to say this.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #39666 on: February 4, 2020, 03:06:51 pm »
It's a pretty common phenomena it seems, people who cheat convincing themselves that everyone else is cheating to justify their own behaviour. They want easy title wins and eternal bragging rights and are happy to cheat their way to it (not a conspiracy theory, they've been caught and fined and have since had the investigation reopened), but we've somehow managed to beat them and break a lot of their records regardless. They have to tell themselves we're cheating too because the alternative is we've somehow comfortably beaten them while spending a fraction of what they have.
My wife once said that people who accuse others of cheating or bad things, expect it to be so, since they are doing it... and I agree wholeheartedly.
If you're cheating, you'll justify it by convincing yourself that others are doing it. Rarely, do people own up to that.
If you're a thief, you'd be quick to judge and suspect others of it, since you believe that others also steal. In fact- you'd do that with everything "bad"!

City's thing is- "Every big club 'cheats', 'robs' and 'steals'- they MUST be, so we have to go "bordeline" in order to best them! Why can't we? Besides, we've only "pushed the envelope" for a few years. We're not as bad as them! Since they've been at it for so long, they are in no position to lecture, judge or regulate us."
That's a dangerous attitude. Justification has often led to the worst atrocities, because it suspends YOUR moral responsibility, which appears as justice to someone or something that YOU perceive as morally corrupt. Pretty soon, you'll find that you can do anything you want, because "the other guy is worse!"

When you find yourself justifying bad behaviour, you know you've lost the plot. You're on a slippery slope!
« Last Edit: February 4, 2020, 03:17:03 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #39667 on: February 4, 2020, 03:07:41 pm »
There's a youtuber, Dominic Rich.  Lives in the US I believe, and a self confessed City fan.  By his own admission, most of his videos have the word "Liverpool" in the title, and tbf to him he's been up front about why - because it gets him hits and makes him money. 

"Do you know how much money I'd be making if I talked only about City?" is his argument.  He claims it's about balance, but honestly if they team you are apparently so devout over can't even get you the hits on your channel, to the point you have to constantly refer to a "rival", then maybe you're supporting the wrong club? :lmao

I know Dominic. Always liked him. Watched most of his youtube videos (even the ones on Bundesliga and La Liga) when they were a reasonable length (10 to 15 mins). Now they're these 30 to 40 minute monstrosities I just don't have the time. But of late he's starting to sound more and more like a Liverpool fan. There's a video he did last August where his eldest daughter predicted Liverpool would win the league this year, while the younger one backed City. Great guy. Cute kids.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39668 on: February 4, 2020, 03:10:43 pm »
Think this is a really interesting point. You could argue it probably makes sense for managers in other walks of life too. If the answer to all your problems is spend more money, maybe you lose sight that hunger is more important than talent a lot of the time. You look at the money Pep's spent on fullbacks, and not one of them can hold a candle to either of ours, both of whom strike me as the absolute hungriest footballers you could ever wish to meet.

Luke Shaw says "hold my kebab"

On second thoughts he says "fuck it I'm taking it with me" ;D

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #39669 on: February 4, 2020, 03:12:04 pm »
My wife says that people who accuse others of cheating or bad things, expect it to be so, since they are doing it... and I agree wholeheartedly.
If you're cheating, you'll justify it by convincing yourself that others are doing it. Rarely, do people own up to that.
If you're a thief, you'd be quick to judge others, since you believe that others also steal. In fact- you'd do that with everything "bad"!

City's thing is- "Every big club 'cheats', 'robs' and 'steals'- they MUST be, so we have to go "bordeline" in order to best them! Why can't we? Besides, we've only "pushed the envelope" for a few years. We're not as bad as them!"

When you find yourself justifying bad behaviour, you know you've lost the plot. You're on a slippery downward slope!
So if you and your wife are accusing the people who're accusing people of being cheats,cos they themselves are doing it, what does that say aboot you two?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #39670 on: February 4, 2020, 03:18:38 pm »
So if you and your wife are accusing the people who're accusing people of being cheats,cos they themselves are doing it, what does that say aboot you two?

You got me in that argument. ;)
Seriously though- it just angers me at the end of the day.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2020, 03:22:19 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39671 on: February 4, 2020, 03:41:55 pm »
I would really like us to be going to the Etihad either as Champions from the game before, or with the chance to win it there just to see the attendance they get.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #39672 on: February 4, 2020, 03:50:41 pm »
I still have my battered Faber copy of Primo Levi's poems, which I nicked from a provincial library as a teenager because of the power and depth and strength I found in there. I moved onto If This Is A Man and The Periodic Table quickly after. Think I learned a fair bit about facing and getting through horror and trauma from him, and later from other poets.

I nicked first edition hard back of Flashman & the Dragon from a pub. George MacDonald Fraser wasnt a poet but lots of fun.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39673 on: February 4, 2020, 03:58:34 pm »
Absolutely wouldn't surprise me at all.  We all know how easy it is to manipulate people's views online or how quick "rumours" become reality if it's repeated often and consistently enough.

If I knew how to I'd love to follow that traffic and find it's source.

As a great teacher taught me regarding media: repetition is not the sole key to learning; repeated false association also works.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39674 on: February 4, 2020, 04:35:43 pm »
agreed.

used to think Noel was alright, though only recently when i saw the michael hutchence doc did i change my mind

What did he do?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #39675 on: February 4, 2020, 04:39:07 pm »
You got me in that argument. ;)
Seriously though- it just angers me at the end of the day.
haha i actually agree with you mate. Ive always said the same thing as you and your missus

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39676 on: February 4, 2020, 05:41:55 pm »

We could have played the full first team in the first game and twatted them 10-0 and then they would get fuck all :butt
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39677 on: February 4, 2020, 05:48:27 pm »
they need content and they like the chance to moralise.

Had we played the full team at Shrewsbury, or even if we didn't concede 2, this would never have been an issue.
 But of course it's been years since tabloid hacks have ever tried to do their jobs and present both sides of the story.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39678 on: February 4, 2020, 05:53:23 pm »
I've lost track of your comings and goings on various online platforms, but this was pretty much the conclusion I came to on a Twitter exchange with Brother Mal and Brother from Another Mother Hassay.

Just on here senor! Well, here and WhatsApp. :)

Abidal was in no way a RB, Etoo was already there and Guardiola tried to bin him off when he arrived. He also didn't promote Messi as he'd played 40 games the season before and was already being talked about as one of the best on the planet

He binned off Ronaldinho and Deco as they were bad influences. He got rid of a couple of aging players like Zambrotta. He still had a core of world class players to add to. Did he make them better? Of course he did. I'd love to know how involved he was in the signings of Pique and Alves as well because basing opinions on his transfers since then I'd say they were already in place before he was promoted or they were brought in without his say

Was Abidal left back? I can’t honestly remember now you say that. Who was right back then? Not Alves.

He created what was up until then the best side the game had ever seen. They’d lost their way under Rijkaard. Diminish it all you like but he’s maybe the 2nd best manager in the history of the game. Klopp’s got a chance to make him 3rd now.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39679 on: February 4, 2020, 05:56:08 pm »
Diminish it all you like but he’s maybe the 2nd best manager in the history of the game.

:lmao