Author Topic: Walking away from Liverpool FC.... From Football itself....  (Read 32746 times)

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
Re: Walking away from Liverpool FC.... From Football itself....
« Reply #120 on: June 3, 2010, 11:12:09 pm »
What is it with St John, Evans, Fairclough etc, are they really as dim as they're making themselves look with their statements? 
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline matthew45

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Try hard blogger and embarrassed OOT
    • Matthew Cain's blog
« Reply #121 on: June 3, 2010, 11:24:13 pm »
I've thought long and hard about this and put my thoughts down here:

http://blog.matthewcain.co.uk/why-sacking-rafa-benitez-opens-a-wound-that-wont-hel/

Long and short of it is that I can't see myself walking away but I can see myself becoming only vaguely interested and nowhere near as passionate.
I blog about Liverpool, mostly focussed on the reserves, at: http://blog.matthewcain.co.uk/category/liverpool-fc/

Offline matthew45

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Try hard blogger and embarrassed OOT
    • Matthew Cain's blog
« Reply #122 on: June 3, 2010, 11:27:57 pm »
There just comes a point when you just cant be arsed going the game anymore , ive reached that point . It doesnt mean i'll stop supporting Liverpool , it just isnt the same anymore .

Exactly how I feel
I blog about Liverpool, mostly focussed on the reserves, at: http://blog.matthewcain.co.uk/category/liverpool-fc/

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: June 3, 2010, 11:33:18 pm »
It's something that's been coming for me over the last year or so. Mainly down to all the off-field bullshit and the debacle / sham that those two cancers have turned our club into. I'm no longer supporting the club, with that board, with those owners. I won't give a fucking penny to the club, I'll be on here from time to time but don't expect to see me much. See ya fellas. Nice talking to you all these past few years.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 3, 2010, 11:55:21 pm »
But, without football, life just wouldn't be the same. I'd have no reference point to talk to taxi drivers and other men I haven't spoken to before.

Won't someone please think of the barbers and the NCP car park attendants?
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: June 4, 2010, 12:01:04 am »
FIFA's extravagance and UEFA's antics with stadium locations & ticket allocation and general avarice in football has often made me want it all to implode but I can't see my self walking away from LFC because it is what I am. Its like walking away from your kids because they've been naughty, you simply can't - its part of your life whether you like it or not now.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #126 on: June 4, 2010, 12:10:41 am »
Have made the decision today to renew my ST, but will not be attending ANY cup games anymore. That is a pretty massive step for me.
 I wont give up my ST for 2 reasons. I wont allow some fucking whopper to take it and I will still be taking my seat when H&G are rotting away.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 4, 2010, 12:14:45 am »
Goal kick by Purslow
Flicked on by Gillet
Control on the chest by Hicks
Feeds the ball into Broughton who slots the ball home to score

Business 1 - 0 Football
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #128 on: June 4, 2010, 12:17:47 am »
I can understand people with ST's not wanting to give them up. Fortunately I have an easier decision to make as I don't have an ST. I will however not be renewing my membership - and all the loyalty that goes along with it with attendances to pretty much every home, European and Cup game over the last few seasons.

Not sure I'll walk away from football completely. I don't think I could ever entirely cut LFC out of my life. I will certainly be scaling back my involvement with footie though. Not going to Anfield is part of it., and it's a something I've been considering for a while now, but the decision was finally made with today's events.
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline Grushko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: June 4, 2010, 12:18:00 am »
Won't someone please think of the barbers and the NCP car park attendants?
The barbers..... I think mine would kill himself if he had to talk about politics or the weather.....

Then again the way he cuts my hair i think that may be a blessing in disguise.  ;D
You are Always in our Hearts
You are Always in our Thoughts
We Will Never forget You
You Will Never Walk Alone

Gone, but never, ever forgotten.

Offline mugsy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #130 on: June 4, 2010, 12:48:52 am »
I find it interesting that AFC Liverpool have not been mentioned.
Believe me nearly 100% of those who walked away to set up FC United thought they could never do it.
But we did and loved it ever since-and many initially did both just to see if FC had that United spirit and atmosphere.
Does anyone know if someone from AFC Liverpool are invited to speak at the Olympic on Saturday.

www.mapfm.co.uk/afa

My Aunty Liverpool born and a red lives in Manchester, she got invited to one of FC United games in Bury.  She had a great time the atmospher was brilliant. 

I have thought about giving up the game with the way it has gone but I always end up changing my mind.

I have been disappointed with Liverpool and I do think it is a great shame many parents can't take sons/daughters to matches like my dad did due to the costs.  I think going to Liverpool AFC would be a good idea - to start enjoying the game again, taking our kids to the game and having a good old time - like we did with our dads, bringing the game back to the people.  Unfortunately game is now for the corporates and those with money.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2010, 12:50:45 am by mugsy »
To all lurkers from other clubs "greetings!"

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #131 on: June 4, 2010, 12:59:25 am »
I have contemplated it a few times this season. (and during my self imposed ban from here it felt even easier a decision) but I'm in it too deep now.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Markus/GER

• Slightly less interesting than Statto. RAWK's resident numerologist.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #132 on: June 4, 2010, 01:09:42 am »
People who consider walking away maybe should have a look at the words of YNWA ... tells you exactly what do now in a crisis like this!
Don't mention the war! ;)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #133 on: June 4, 2010, 01:10:41 am »
People who consider walking away maybe should have a look at the words of YNWA ... tells you exactly what do now in a crisis like this!

Thats what I do every time I consider it.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: June 4, 2010, 01:13:30 am »
never considered it, yes sometimes the games, decisions and all this behind make no sense, but then again, LFC is something special in every way a football club should be.. part of my life..

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #135 on: June 4, 2010, 01:15:01 am »
I think the reason why I've never quite been able to walk away was due to Istanbul. For some reason at the time I was in a deep depression and Istanbul was one of the only things that could seem to pull me out of it.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline cj

• didn't get where he is today without becoming a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 4, 2010, 01:18:50 am »
Liverpool has been a massive part of my life for more than a quarter of a century now. I'm not going to give that up just yet. There will not be any money spent on tickets or merchandise while these c*nts are in control of the board. Instead of everybody leaving, let's focus ur anger and frustration at getting those two c*unts out, as per usual.

We have lost a major battle and a major ally. But let's not give up. Our owners are a bunch of c*nts looking to bleed us dry.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 4, 2010, 01:23:36 am »
Problem is after almost 30yrs being a red I just can't imagine my life without LFC.

Tried to knock it on the head a few years ago during Souness' time but just couldn't cut myself off altogether.

Fucking he'll. Look where we are that some are even contemplating this. What a horrible, horrible day!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline jonnyr

• Anny Roader
  • We had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #138 on: June 4, 2010, 01:25:05 am »
I can't see myself completely ever walking away, but goddamn, I have never been more disillusioned with football and this club than I am today. I have been growing increasingly unhappy with the modern state of the game over the last few years, but recent events and especially the events of today have really crushed my spirit and, in a way, my love for the club. It's just such a damn shame it had to work out this way, and Rafa is gone with those fucking c*nts G&H still scrounging around. We'll never make any progress until we are rid of them, and I pray that day will come sooner rather than later.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #139 on: June 4, 2010, 01:26:06 am »
I think Houllier was right in this respect. It probably would be easier to forget about breathing

YNWA Rafa.

Offline brightside.

• Main Stander
  • If you ain't first, you're last
    • twitter
« Reply #140 on: June 4, 2010, 01:28:32 am »
Nothing in life ever stays the same. Even though football has changed, and those used to the old days probably don't like it, but still I cannot even contemplate ditching the sport. With regards to our team; there are good times and there are bad times. You have to hang in there and keep supporting your team. Only then will your friends know that you are a true supporter when the good times come and you're jumping around like a maniac at Anfield or the bar or in front of your tv.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel Kuyt could pull a Forest Gump once he retires from football. Just run for years without stopping

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 4, 2010, 01:30:48 am »
'you are better dead than red'

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: June 4, 2010, 01:33:15 am »
peace, bread work and freedom are the best we can achieve,

and WEARING BADGES IS NOT ENOUGH

in days like these.

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Facebook
« Reply #144 on: June 4, 2010, 01:34:24 am »
Football means everything to me.  It is what I live for and have lived for since I can remember.  My fondest memories with friends are football related and the magical moments like kidswith nothing else to live for passing a ball around with bliss in the back streets of poor districts in Asian countries  will always stay with me.

I think I love football more than woman...

Offline cj

• didn't get where he is today without becoming a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: June 4, 2010, 01:44:02 am »
I think Houllier was right in this respect. It probably would be easier to forget about breathing
Probably. He almost died while managing this club. Despite the shower of shit he usally gets he cared about this club. So let's not use his tenure as a negative example.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #146 on: June 4, 2010, 02:10:34 am »
I was just talking the other day with our lass about making sure we had some cash to get to a few games this coming season, but after this shambles i think i`ll keep the money to pay off me own debts....I refuse to subsidies these fucking criminals with the little spare monies that i have, they can fucking sing for it.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: June 4, 2010, 02:17:37 am »
Thought long and hard about it after today. To a certain point, I just can't be arsed with it anymore. Can't believe we've come to this.

Will always support the club though, just, reached breaking point.

Lost my passion, to sum it up.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2010, 02:33:41 am by El_9_Nino »

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #148 on: June 4, 2010, 02:22:43 am »
A lot of the fight has gone out of me. I'd still watch our games, but I'm not arsed if I miss a few. They'll probably be glorious defeats to the likes of Newcastle anyway. I'm not buying any merchandise and I'll no longer bother defending the club against the usual hordes of Mancs and other haters. It's no longer the LFC we know and love, my mistake was continuing to cling on to hope after the true nature of the tumours was made clear.

I'll support this club even if we were relegated three times in a row, but it'll take a hell of a lot to make me really love it the way I used to.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: June 4, 2010, 02:23:12 am »
I think very few fans myself included could ever walk away.  And my intentions of this thread weren't to suggest that I would or ever will.  But more to express how I was feeling two years ago.  The way the game was changing and how if it changed so much to the point where It became a distant replicar of the game I loved, then perhaps then I'd fall out of love with it.

Now since then things have just gotten worse, beyond anything I deemed possible back then.  But I think we do have a very clear shift this year.  People are willing to walk away, for a short period of time until the owners are gone. 

Doesn't mean you'll stop supporting the club, the players.  But you will walk away from buying the new shirt, going as many games etc.  Which maybe will make a difference.

I cannot blame anyone for not giving up their season ticket.  We all know it would be picked up by somebody else immediately.  And its worth its weight in gold, especially as were all in this for the long haul.

YNWA is a great comfort and if ever we faced a storm this is it. 

Lastly, my biggest frustration aside from the Yanks is with FIFA, UEFA and the FA/Premier League.  These are the self appointed custodians of our game.  And we rarely see any value from them.  I've no doubt corruption is rife.  And for this reason I don't see the game ever changing now.  Money talks.
Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: June 4, 2010, 02:24:46 am »
At times like these I believe it is more important than ever to provide LFC with your unconditional support. Sure it may be easy to say for an armchair fan like me, but I have always admired the tenacity and the atmosphere created by real Liverpool fans. I implore you not to abandon Liverpool FC in its greatest time of need. So what if those two leaches walk away with a profit, as long as Liverpool continues to bring joy and excitement to so many.
Liverpool FC will be there long after H&G have gone and passed away. Fuck them they have alread lost so much credibilty in the private equity world, the one thing that may matter more than money to them and will soon be forgotten whereas LFC's legacy will last forever.

DO NOT CUT OF YOUR COCK TO SPITE YOUR BALLS!
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

Offline Red345

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #151 on: June 4, 2010, 02:50:22 am »
At times like these I believe it is more important than ever to provide LFC with your unconditional support. Sure it may be easy to say for an armchair fan like me, but I have always admired the tenacity and the atmosphere created by real Liverpool fans. I implore you not to abandon Liverpool FC in its greatest time of need. So what if those two leaches walk away with a profit, as long as Liverpool continues to bring joy and excitement to so many.
Liverpool FC will be there long after H&G have gone and passed away. Fuck them they have alread lost so much credibilty in the private equity world, the one thing that may matter more than money to them and will soon be forgotten whereas LFC's legacy will last forever.

DO NOT CUT OF YOUR COCK TO SPITE YOUR BALLS!

The joy and excitement which used to be pursued unconditionally by the club is now being put behind the profit sought by those two leeches.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #152 on: June 4, 2010, 06:10:06 am »
If you walk away now then the Yank scum has won. Simple as that. Don't let it happen.

At times like these I believe it is more important than ever to provide LFC with your unconditional support.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #153 on: June 4, 2010, 06:53:42 am »
With the way the game is changing.  Have you considered walking away from Liverpool FC... From Football entirely.  Do you know anyone that already has ?

This isn't to discuss Hicks or DIC just what your thoughts are on the game and is there a breaking point for you and where are you in hitting that ?

I'm somewhere off that myself.  Although the very fact I would even consider it is a sign of the times.  I fear that football will have to collapse with all the money going for it ever to get back to being "like the good old days".

I'm on the borderline of doing something else. Football now isn't about honour, tradition, decency, the best team winning or even just having a laugh with your mates at the match.

It's now about cheating, diving, whining, crying, spewing rubbish in the papers, idiot 'fans' that have never been to the game sending Emails and phoning in 'talk shows' repeating what idiots like Merson, Gray and Townsend are gibbering on about. It's about money. It's about corporates. It's about hype, hype, hype and hype. It's about lies and deceit. It's about backstabbing and no moral decency.

Yes. I'm seriously thinking of saving my money for something far more worthwhile. Life.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline brussels sprout

• Fucking Beaut.
  • Kopite
« Reply #154 on: June 4, 2010, 08:19:36 am »
I was seriously considering it this week. Since moving to London it costs close on £100 to make the trip for a home game, although I restrict it to about 12 a season now. To jib something that I've been doing for 20 years though would leave too much of a gap and probably only piss the money up the wall anyway. I'm emigrating in 3 years so that will be the end of my matchgoing days, doesn't look like I'll be seeing much glory before I piss off like.
A bastion of invincibility

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: June 4, 2010, 08:25:44 am »
I dont miss football no more. Can remember the days when the season finished and couldnt wait for it to begin again.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #156 on: June 4, 2010, 08:41:32 am »
I near the exit door every season. it's just not the same anymore in fact scratch that it's totally unrecognisable from the simple days of the pink, 3pm kick offs, your team on the box twice a year if you were lucky and shoot magazine that wasnt like smash hits.

Yeah only the love of the club keeps me clinging on many times I've tried to do something else with my weekend only to give in and relent. It's getting easier though with the state of our club, the running of the sport in general, the saturation from the media and the crappy massive overhype from slysports.

Football will be on it's knees one day but I reckon I'll be gone long before then.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: June 4, 2010, 08:49:12 am »
Can't lie, football isn't as important to me as it was even 5/6 years ago. I think having a baby daughter changed my outlook on things, and she became the most important thing in my life, and football took another step back.

The situation with the club has made it harder to love the game. Having said that, I've done more aways this season gone than ever before, and I'll always hold massive affection for the club. You just can't break something off after 25 years and not feel it.

Besides the club needs us more than ever right now, and I believe it's unconditional support.

Offline pelevin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #158 on: June 4, 2010, 09:15:35 am »
With the game dominated by money, cheating, people devoid of personal dignity like Drogba, Ronaldo, people like Ferguson allowed behave like mini-fascist dictators, foreign businessmen raping their homelands & then with teh money making a football club a little plaything, players on over 100 grand a week with most of the world below poverty line, ticket prices . . . all in all football pretty much disgusts me. It's only the deep roots of my feelings for the club that keep me from quitting it completely, & tobh I'd prefer those feelings for the club could just evaporate.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2010, 09:18:27 am by pelevin »

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #159 on: June 4, 2010, 09:21:48 am »
I feel like walking away right now, sick of it all, sick of the money, sick of the people who run it, sick of whinging overplayed players, thing is though football is MY sport, I love playing golf but, only like watching the Majors. So losing football in my life will leave a massive hole, but I really feel like filling it with something else atm.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.