Author Topic: Walking away from Liverpool FC.... From Football itself....  (Read 32931 times)

Offline anfield71

• Kemlynite
  • to the 96,youll never walk alone
Re: Walking away from Liverpool FC.... From Football itself....
« Reply #200 on: June 5, 2010, 12:50:17 pm »
i thought this for lfc fans,because anyone who utters the words of this post shouldnt be on here.you sound the type if your car breaks down,why fix the problem ill get another.we need to support the club as much around the globe as possible.thats why when i go on holiday ill have an england top but the name on the back will be hunt a liverpool player who was also in the 66 team.everyone seems to think it was just moore,banks and hurst.so  lighten up every cloud and all that.rafas gone he did some good stuff but moor bad,he turned into houllier ,to be honest houllier was better for first few seasons until heart trouble,and it was HIS team that won in istanbul?roll on king kenny part 2.

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: June 5, 2010, 12:53:09 pm »
rafas gone he did some good stuff but moor bad,he turned into houllier ,to be honest houllier was better for first few seasons until heart trouble,and it was HIS team that won in istanbul?roll on king kenny part 2.
Bollocks is that the case. Two european cup finals and two of our best ever league seasons points wise. In SIX years. He did a fantastic job and until the Americans are gone it will be difficult to get back to the level we were at under Rafa.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: June 5, 2010, 12:57:30 pm »
he turned into houllier ,to be honest houllier was better for first few seasons until heart trouble,and it was HIS team that won in istanbul?roll on king kenny part 2.

So much wrong with so few words.
Garcia and Alonso, were they Ged's signings? No. No Istanbul without them.
Roll on King Kenny part 2 if you want us to slide further down the table and ruin the great man's reputation by giving him a job he is no longer really qualified for. Love the man but can't see him doing anything but failing. It's been a long time since his last managerial stint and the game has changed immensely.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #203 on: June 5, 2010, 01:16:59 pm »
I yearn for the way it used to be, me and a dozen plus of the lads. We'd meet around midday, blagg a lift or taxi to the ground, few bevvies and then stroll onto the Kop and we all stood together, and it was awsome.

We used to end up being split up a bit, anyone who stood on the Kop knows what i mean by that. After the game it was a few bevvies around the ground and then into town for the night, happy days!!

Unfortunately i cant get the game these days due to becoming disabled 15 yrs ago, but i went to almost every home game and a fair few aways for 25yrs. But i could never stop being an avid Red, i was born one and i'll die one. True Liverpool fans are born not manufactured.

Last season for me was awful, shite football, negative tactics and just not what i was brought up watching. The game has changed so much since the prem started, and deffo for the worse. I dont watch other teams much on telly, i find myself getting bored and start channel hopping, never used to do that.

I do try and get to one home game a season, just to be there, and i attend the memorial service. But the last few yrs when i have its just so different, there is a different kind of fan attending Anfield these days, not all of them but a fair few. My old mates are still goin but i know a few are ready to fuck it all off as in their words, ''i just dont enjoy it like i used to''. And these lads are top Reds who'v travelled far and wide over the yrs.

My flat is like a shrine to the Reds, with my artwork hanging from the walls, i design and print my own t.shirts ( of which i donate 25% to the HJC) which a few on here have bought from me and that keeps me involved so to speak.

But turn my back on the mighty Reds, never in a million yrs.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline Arthurs Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #204 on: June 5, 2010, 02:46:15 pm »
Probably never but I feel I'm nearing the line wherever that is. The game is corrupt and the beauty of being a Liverpool fan was that from top to bottom we were always different in our thinking, humour, knowledge of the game and we backed the players and manager and didn't have a clue who was on the board of directors. Nor care who was. We are like everyone else now, manipulated by the media and the people running our board have jumped on that wagon. Even the fans inside the ground the way they say and do things it's just not there. I shake my head and hope Sam Dodds is full of older reds who know how to carry themselves. That might seem petty to outsiders but those have been part of that know how important it is to their day out.

Maybe that line could be Torres sold to Chelsea by the new member of the board, a Chelsea fan. I don't know I'm just full of apathy. But maybe a could be brought back in a certain way by a Gerrard screamer or the Kop come up with a witty song or those two twats just fuckoff, the latter feels the best.

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: June 5, 2010, 02:59:43 pm »
Two years ago we were all here arguing who was right and wrong when Rafa sounded out Hicks and Gillett. 

Last year we spent it arguing if Rafa pissed away the transfer money on poor buys or if H&G robbed it from player sales and
never gave it back

Now we've been arguing if Rafa was the right man for the job and had that decision taken away from us.

In the mean time a lot of us have learned more about business loans, interest rates, and penalty payments than any of us care to recall.

Now I see just more arguments about players not being loyal, why we have to settle for a 2nd-tier manager, and calls for ex-reds to be given posts as that will somehow restore the Liverpool Way.  Never mind we bleed 110k a day, the route of our problems is not enough ex-reds on the coaching staff, they will understand what it means to play for us.

It's soul destroying.  But back we come.

Offline AlanK

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #206 on: June 5, 2010, 03:21:10 pm »
For me, without Liverpool Football Club there is no football. Simple as.

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #207 on: June 5, 2010, 03:23:50 pm »
I will never walk away from this club . . . There may be things going on that make me so angry I dont come on here for days, read the back pages or watch SSN but I will never walk away from the club I love . . . Any fan who wants to walk away might as well do so now and be done with it!
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: June 5, 2010, 03:27:13 pm »
.so  lighten up every cloud and all that.rafas gone he did some good stuff but moor bad,he turned into houllier ,to be honest houllier was better for first few seasons until heart trouble,and it was HIS team that won in istanbul?

Can people fuck off with this fucking shite, hugely disrespectful to Rafa and personally i'm sick of reading clueless c*nts coming out with it.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: June 5, 2010, 03:30:55 pm »
Can people fuck off with this fucking shite, hugely disrespectful to Rafa and personally i'm sick of reading clueless c*nts coming out with it.
It's utterly ridiculous. I got absoutely bored rigid watching us last season and hated the drivel he served up especially away from home.

However, he took us to a level consistently that I could not have dreamed of when he came.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: June 5, 2010, 03:42:08 pm »
I never did and probably never will. Problem is that money has just ruined the game and everything in it. Fans pay more now than ever to watch there team play. When I lived in Nottingham I used to go watch County.

There is an attraction in watching players give there it all which they seem to do in the lower divisions. Not only that you don't have to re-mortgage your house to follow them either. Only way things will change for the better is to limit teams spending like they are planning.

Unlike years ago its about how much money you can flash around more than the quality of team you have built. 
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline hartless

• will run & run & run...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: June 5, 2010, 03:52:10 pm »
Just got onto this topic and read it for ten minutes before I realised it was started in 2008. Interesting how people felt they'd lost an emotional attachment with the club and players in 2008. Fast foward 2 years and that detachment has been magnified tenfold. Bad times...

Offline Wyl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: June 5, 2010, 04:43:51 pm »
Yeah, I have thought about it.

Liverpool FC is in such a state at the moment, I'm ashamed of both how we are run and also some of our moronic 'supporters'. I'm not an old man who remembers the good old days of football before PL money came in, I'm in my early 20s, but ever since we were taken over by the Americans I cant help but feel that Liverpool FC is a brand, solely based around money, rather the a football club with principles, which acts in the best interests of the fans.

I don't think I can walk away from Liverpool though, its in my blood and I love the game still, despite its flaws and the sheer amount of morons it can attract at times. I am though massively disheartened, because despite all the shit that I mentioned above, I did think Rafa had the fans backing. I think he was working, as best as he was allowed, for the benefit of the long term future of Liverpool. Sacking him has destroyed that one bright spark at the club that shone through all the lies and debt of H&G.

If I'm feeling like this, I imagine some of the players are feeling likewise. For that reason, I could not blame them if they felt the need to walk away from the club this summer.

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: June 6, 2010, 10:01:52 am »
I find it really easy to switch off from football. There is more to life.

LFC will get past this and when they do i'll crawl back.
Fair weather supporter??

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: June 6, 2010, 10:43:33 am »
After watching big-spending Chelsea win the Premiership, big-spending Newcastle win the Championship, big-spending Inter win the CL, and big-spending Atletico win the Europa League...yes, for me football is getting very, very predicatable.
Gone are the days of someone like Clough bringing up Derby County to win the league, there is no 'magic' left in football at the moment.
ITV bang on about 'the magic of the FA Cup', but who are they trying to kid?
Pompey won it in 07/08 but that smacked of other clubs not taking the competition seriously that year rather than it being a footballing miracle.  The last time a rank outsider climbed the ranks and won the cup was in 1988, that was when the cup was fucking boss.  Now, you see Ferguson or Ancelotti pick up the trophy and it's just another trophy, it's just another win thanks to a squad with an average weekly wage of £100,000 and 1,000 international caps between them.

I'm tired of seeing players like Gerrard with a face like a smacked arse, where has the fun gone?  Enjoy your life lad, 'feel' the city, 'feel' the happiness you can give people.  It seems like a chore for most players these days, and that rubs off on me sometimes.  A lot of the time.  c*nts like Adebayour, like Ashley Cole, like Giggs...the self importance that flows from these twats, the sense of enhanced self-worth because they're wrapped up in a world of gold and diamonds and open plan mansions, and £700 jeans. 
I'll get more enjoyment from watching Soccer Aid tonight than I will from watching any non-Liverpool top-flight match, and that's fucking tragic.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #215 on: June 6, 2010, 12:10:42 pm »
After watching big-spending Chelsea win the Premiership, big-spending Newcastle win the Championship, big-spending Inter win the CL, and big-spending Atletico win the Europa League...yes, for me football is getting very, very predicatable.
Gone are the days of someone like Clough bringing up Derby County to win the league, there is no 'magic' left in football at the moment.
ITV bang on about 'the magic of the FA Cup', but who are they trying to kid?
Pompey won it in 07/08 but that smacked of other clubs not taking the competition seriously that year rather than it being a footballing miracle.  The last time a rank outsider climbed the ranks and won the cup was in 1988, that was when the cup was fucking boss. 

Be honest. The magic's gone because Liverpool didn't win anything. As soon as we do the magic will be back.

You say Inter's win in the European Cup was boringly predictable. Try telling their fans that. They've been trying to win that damn thing since 1965. It must have been a magic night for them.

So 'big-spending' Newcastle won the Championship? Doesn't that mean that 'big-spending' Newcastle must have got relegated from the Premier League at some point? How did that happen if things are all so predictable?

As for Brian Clough's achievement with Derby, it was as unusual then as it would be now. And what did you think of Blackpool's success this year. Magic, wasn't it.

Your points about the FA Cup are a bit skew-iff as well. You rubbish Pompey's achievement because it doesn't fit your thesis. Three of the four semi-finalists that year were outside of the Premier League. Amazing stuff. You also forget that Millwall got to the final in 2004, and that Wycombe Wanderers almost beat us in the 2001 semi.  Magic of the Cup, mate.

We're currently in a bloody mess. The sport is badly managed and badly organised. But it still has magic - as you'll find out when the fixtures are published in July and we all rush to see who we've got on opening day.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #216 on: June 6, 2010, 12:12:59 pm »
Its a strange one for me, my love for Liverpool is still strong , perhaps even more so in these difficult times , but football has a package ive gone right off , including the World Cup.For the first time i just could'nt give a toss about England.

Football is'nt the game i fell in love with anymore, that goes right back from the 2nd season of the Premier League when Sky began to mess around with the kick off times , football always used to be a Saturday at 3pm.Then there is the football itself.Strip away all the Sky stuff and the football in the Premier is'nt really as good as some make it out to be , i would rather watch a game from Germany or Spain.Add all that to the greed and money which is now domintating the game , ridiculous price for a ticket compared to Germany , the wages players are on then yes , my passion for football has diminished which saddens me.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #217 on: June 6, 2010, 12:15:36 pm »
Get yourselves down to watch AFC Liverpool.

Football on a Saturday afternoon - at 3pm

£5 in for adults, £3 for OAP's, and £2 for kids.

Have a craic with fellow Reds

Stand whilst watching the game.

Have a quality pint and some decent food before, during and after the match

A club - owned - and run by - the fans.

Why not give it a go?

http://afcliverpool.org.uk/go/
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rutlandred

• Kopite
  • SOS
« Reply #218 on: June 6, 2010, 12:58:55 pm »
Get yourselves down to watch AFC Liverpool.

Football on a Saturday afternoon - at 3pm

£5 in for adults, £3 for OAP's, and £2 for kids.

Have a craic with fellow Reds

Stand whilst watching the game.

Have a quality pint and some decent food before, during and after the match

A club - owned - and run by - the fans.

Why not give it a go?

http://afcliverpool.org.uk/go/

Already been looking at doing this myself more next season, i'll never turn my back on LFC - that's impossible - but the LFC I grew up watching has changed beyond all recognition, first the seats going into the kop, then the yanks, the pathetic actions of the club against Rafa and the talk of corporate seats on the kop have finally beaten me down.

I've commented on here how the Liverpool Way was still evident many times last season - the protests, spurs, stoke away were great examples, but when that way is built around a Football Club and that Football club loses its way then it's all just bollocks.

I'm gonna make more of a commitment to the union, to do what I can to rid the club of our owners,  and get myself to AFC Liverpool for the footy and banter whilst hoping that somehow LFC finds it's way out of it's sorry arsed state.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: June 6, 2010, 12:59:01 pm »
You walk away from liverpool fc now, of all times to do it you worse than the yanks. never turn your back on us no matter what the reason.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: June 6, 2010, 01:43:08 pm »
Be honest. The magic's gone because Liverpool didn't win anything. As soon as we do the magic will be back.

You say Inter's win in the European Cup was boringly predictable. Try telling their fans that. They've been trying to win that damn thing since 1965. It must have been a magic night for them.

So 'big-spending' Newcastle won the Championship? Doesn't that mean that 'big-spending' Newcastle must have got relegated from the Premier League at some point? How did that happen if things are all so predictable?

As for Brian Clough's achievement with Derby, it was as unusual then as it would be now. And what did you think of Blackpool's success this year. Magic, wasn't it.

Your points about the FA Cup are a bit skew-iff as well. You rubbish Pompey's achievement because it doesn't fit your thesis. Three of the four semi-finalists that year were outside of the Premier League. Amazing stuff. You also forget that Millwall got to the final in 2004, and that Wycombe Wanderers almost beat us in the 2001 semi.  Magic of the Cup, mate.

We're currently in a bloody mess. The sport is badly managed and badly organised. But it still has magic - as you'll find out when the fixtures are published in July and we all rush to see who we've got on opening day.

I love your posts yorky.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #221 on: June 6, 2010, 01:47:04 pm »
Most years I'd get itchy feet waiting for the season to begin again. This is the first time I'm dreading it, but I'll not walk away, however the close season may be an ideal time for once for me to get my head cleared and just take a step back from football for a moment.

As a friend of mine put it (although I don't agree with the first half of his statement): I don't support the current manager but I'll never walk away from the team.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
Filling the void
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2023, 04:06:01 pm »
As far as I can tell right now at the start of another season of football this will be my last year of having any interest in it. I've supported LFC since 1982-ish and football is the one sport I've followed actively throughout those 40 years. I've watched and followed other sports during these times but my interest in them always waned and fell away over time but football was always the one I watched most.

Now that football feels dead to me or at least uninteresting it's time I looked for other sports that may provide some interest or at least have something to look forward to watching the odd time. I watch the hurling every year. I used to follow MotoGP but when Rossi started not winning as much I lost interest. I used to watch rugby years ago but only the internationals. That too petered out. Back in the late 80s and early 90s I got interested in American Football when The Refrigerator was big (in more ways than one  ;)) for a while. I was never into horse or greyhound racing and I don't think I ever will be. I'd watch darts sometimes and the snooker world championship when names such as Taylor, Higgins and White were the best of the lot. And then when Hendry and O'Sullivan were the big dogs. But I haven't watched that for a few years now.

Like has been mentioned on other threads here about a lot of us giving up on football it might be that getting older has something to do with the loss of interest. What's going on in our lives is bigger and more important than a sport. We all have our own shit to deal with instead of worrying about whether millionaire John Doe who plays for Stupendous FC will be okay after falling over while doing his very well paid job.

But even while Father Time stays with me for another 40 or 50 years I'm sure I'll want to watch or follow another sport as I go along. So I'm asking you guys what's a good sport to fill the void that's left behind when football (bigger leagues anyway) gets thrown in the bin for ever. Are the above sports still worth watching and what else is out there?
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Filling the void
« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2023, 04:20:52 pm »
I get your point, there seems to be a prevailing sense of ambivalence this year which could be caused by many factors, not least the ones you have mentioned, from many of us but I don’t think age is a factor as this seems to be across the board.

Not being a huge fan of other sports (test cricket possibly being the exception) I don’t honestly think any other would hold the same feeling or give the same buzz. I can’t imagine going for a bevy with my mates before heading off to watch a super game of tennis.

I also think that most sports these days have suffered from the same commercialisation that football has, albeit not to the same level granted, but you only have to look at the razzmatazz surrounding darts (I mean, fucking darts!!) or the fact that there are more belts in boxing now than appear to be decent boxers! All of it has been changed to its own detriment for financial reasons.

I’m not sure there is a genuine alternative at top level, maybe, as others have pointed out, lower leagues could be the answer?

I’ll see how this season pans out, but without the Reds I’m not sure where or what I would do! (Reading that back sounds pretty sad, but they’ve been such a huge part of my life I genuinely believe it!)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2023, 04:27:40 pm »
I’ve found myself watching far less football in recent years, I haven’t followed the PL closely for a good while - but would always watch Liverpool games. 

But now I watch even less! I still watch German football, although not as much as I used to, - but that’s easier for me, as I do have a vested interest in 2 teams (Mainz and Freiburg), so I tend to watch their games rather than the ‘bigger’ teams’ games, so don’t really give a shit about the ‘Bayern’ problem, as those 2 teams will never compete for the league.  And even though the league for sure has issues, it’s easier to see the good in it regards ownership of teams, the fans, the connection that each team actually still has with it's home city etc, and the lack of cheating and 11 behind the ball tactics makes it more entertaining to watch.

Otherwise, the sport I love as much as (if not more) than football is ice hockey, and yes, also - not perfect! But at least at the top level in North American there is a wage cap, so whereas the players sure won’t starve, it isn’t as obscenely money dominated as other top league sports.

But I do get where you are coming from! Just so much about football at the highest level is such a massive turn-off.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2023, 04:28:36 pm »
Why this year in particular may I ask? Like why give it another season and not jib it now before the season starts?

I'm not sure about any other sports as I've only ever really followed F1 and Football, bit of horse racing too. Did like the snooker in the 90's.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2023, 04:30:53 pm »
I do enjoy watching other leagues.

Bayern dominance aside (which is tedious) the Bundesliga is an enjoyable product. Serie A can be a good watch and is quite open again. The EFL is a good product (Championship shaping up well this year). I like going to watch non-league football.

I really wouldn't bother at all with the PL if we weren't in it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2023, 05:12:58 pm »
I also generally find football more boring these days, I wonder if that is just a getting older thing  ;D  It just doesn’t grip my attention, and I find games really seem to drag.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2023, 05:36:02 pm »
Why this year in particular may I ask? Like why give it another season and not jib it now before the season starts?

I'm not sure about any other sports as I've only ever really followed F1 and Football, bit of horse racing too. Did like the snooker in the 90's.

Fair question, I suppose it's just that I know I'm going to give it up but am holding on to it by my fingernails. Something like a last hurrah. I might not even last the full season.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2023, 07:04:45 pm »
Looking forward to the Rugby World Cup. The premier league is just noise. Hyped up narratives and boring games mostly.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2023, 07:08:00 pm »
Looking forward to the Rugby World Cup. The premier league is just noise. Hyped up narratives and boring games mostly.

Sky licking their lips over Salah's reaction to the substitution. Probably producing an hour-long special as we speak.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2023, 08:39:59 pm »

I’d like to look forward to that but from an England point of view it’ll be miserable. Only solace will be enjoying other countries losing. Come on France!

Ryder Cup coming up. Will watch a bit of NFL but don’t really follow anyone so hard to get too invested.

I still follow all the football, just can’t be arsed watching most of it!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2023, 08:41:19 pm »
Why does that shit world cup happen evrey two years for fucks sakes?

Offline jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2023, 08:42:20 pm »
Most sport now is so hyped it pisses me off.

Take the womans world cup, I cannot bring myself to watch it.

I watched our game today and all the verbal bollocks spoils it for me.

I have to start watching with the commentary on mute.

All the fun has gone.

Maybe its an age thing.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2023, 08:42:30 pm »
Anybody filling the saturday void with the RL challenge cup final yesterday got a real treat, what a match and what a finish
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2023, 09:11:08 pm »
Why does that shit world cup happen evrey two years for fucks sakes?

Which one Chuckles? The rugby one is every 4 years, like most sports that can organise a piss up in a brewery!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2023, 09:15:13 pm »
 ;D

Is it? well it's so shite that it feels like evrey 2 years.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2023, 09:26:52 pm »
Anybody filling the saturday void with the RL challenge cup final yesterday got a real treat, what a match and what a finish

Superb game mate and refreshing not seeing the usual traditional big team win
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2023, 10:56:46 pm »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2023, 12:11:29 am »
Superb game mate and refreshing not seeing the usual traditional big team win
Good to see the Sunday Times today with 4 pages of Rugby Union coverage for meaningless friendlies and one quarter of a page on the Challenge cup final with no pictures. It really is shocking how the Southern Press show their hand. No wonder RL fans have a big chip.
aarf, aarf, aarf.