Author Topic: Walking away from Liverpool FC.... From Football itself....  (Read 32929 times)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Walking away from Liverpool FC.... From Football itself....
« Reply #280 on: August 20, 2023, 02:30:11 am »
I'm Aussie and its the other way around lol

AFL was in its peak in the 90s-00s for me.

The game has its own issues with the constant reinterpretation of rules, favouritism of expansion clubs etc., but at least the game still feels connected to reality. Hell, you still hear about players quitting the game to focus on their professions or business pursuits... not to the same extent admittedly, but when did a PL footballer last do that? :) Also, let's face it, it's an incredibly watchable sport. I will watch any fixture that's on free to air, and I rarely switch off.

As for my PL disengagement quest, I did a couple of overnight score checks last night, but only because I was woken by family medical alerts. I didn't stay awake checking whether Liverpool’s 2-1 ht lead translated to a win. I was mildly pleased to learn that we won and that MU lost, but wouldn't have cared if we drew and was more pleased for the first Aussie PL manager than gloating at Utd. As for the battle of Sportswash Bridged, "arsed" does not even begin to tell the tale.

Still on track.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 02:33:12 am by GreatEx »

Online SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #281 on: August 27, 2023, 05:19:30 pm »
Watching this game is making me want to walk away even more. Football is becoming unwatchable
YNWA

Offline Copenred

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #282 on: August 27, 2023, 05:23:00 pm »
Watching this game is making me want to walk away even more. Football is becoming unwatchable

I got the same feeling. More and more games being decided by bad refs on the pitch and even worse refs in the VAR-room. Its to blatant obvious that these refs never played the game themselves. Why not allow foreign refs? why should the best league settle with the worst refs?

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #283 on: August 27, 2023, 05:23:57 pm »
FSG though innit.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #284 on: August 27, 2023, 06:39:45 pm »
Look over your shoulder though, still some fun to be had
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #285 on: August 27, 2023, 06:45:30 pm »
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: August 27, 2023, 09:59:05 pm »
The problem with football is there's nothing like it. Absolutely nothing that can replace the euphoria of a winner like today.
I want to give it up, but it's moments like today that are the reason I can't.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #287 on: August 27, 2023, 10:29:34 pm »
The problem with football is there's nothing like it. Absolutely nothing that can replace the euphoria of a winner like today.
I want to give it up, but it's moments like today that are the reason I can't.

Same. Suffering with depression lately, and for months.  The sheer joy and exorcism that Nunez's goals gave me are reasons of light to keep going.  The sport and the people who run it are fucking shit but I love this club.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #288 on: August 29, 2023, 10:45:49 am »
Same. Suffering with depression lately, and for months.  The sheer joy and exorcism that Nunez's goals gave me are reasons of light to keep going.  The sport and the people who run it are fucking shit but I love this club.
Football is a cruel mistress! It can fill you with absolute euphoric joy and then break your heart the next.

Stay positive - apart from my family, LFC always represents a beacon of light when I'm feeling low.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: August 30, 2023, 01:24:38 am »
Yep, this is the first game I've watched for the season (on replay). Can't say I'm back on the hook but I did enjoy the exhilaration of that unexpected finish. Still a great sport, hope they stop fucking it.