32 (25.4%)
Murphy
4 (3.2%)
Robertson
27 (21.4%)
Allen
9 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Author Topic: The Snooker thread  (Read 652420 times)

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: The Snooker thread
« Reply #12200 on: April 29, 2024, 10:42:35 pm »
Fun stuff!
But need to sleep man

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12201 on: April 29, 2024, 10:43:04 pm »
Balls of granite taking that double on

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12202 on: April 29, 2024, 10:44:42 pm »
Am I the only one who thought Allen's miss with the rest was a poor one for a player of his standard?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #12203 on: April 29, 2024, 10:47:23 pm »
Am I the only one who thought Allen's miss with the rest was a poor one for a player of his standard?

It wasn't easy at all but still one you'd probably expect him to get. Higgins rolling back the years with this counter clearance.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12204 on: April 29, 2024, 10:47:29 pm »

It was. He's blown it.

But deciders in world championship matches get to anyone and everyone

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12205 on: April 29, 2024, 10:48:24 pm »
Higgins is something else. The amount of times he’s done that over the years. What a player!
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12206 on: April 29, 2024, 10:49:15 pm »
It was. He's blown it.

But deciders in world championship matches get to anyone and everyone
He got tight in the previous frame too. Should have cleared up after hitting that brilliant red.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12207 on: April 29, 2024, 10:49:27 pm »
Can't believe Allen fucked that on match ball. What a fucking idiot.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 10:52:14 pm by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12208 on: April 29, 2024, 10:50:12 pm »
Great stat, only the 8th black ball decider at the crucible.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12209 on: April 29, 2024, 10:50:31 pm »
That double and the red down the cushion were stunning from Higgins under the pressure.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12210 on: April 29, 2024, 10:51:55 pm »

Classic Higgins clearance from a mile behind but Allen had plenty of chances to win that.

Lisowski was better tonight but really blew that penultimate frame.

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12211 on: April 29, 2024, 10:54:18 pm »
Dave Gilbert v Stephen Maguire
Kyren Wilson v John Higgins
Judd Trump v Jak Jones
Stuart Bingham v Ronnie O'Sullivan

Wilson v Higgins probably the pick of the quarter finals, two top players in good form. You'd expect Trump to dispatch Jones relatively easily. Bingham v O'Sullivan could get interesting depending on what version of Ronnie turns up, but of course Ronnie beats anyone if he plays his best snooker. And it's a great opportunity for the winner of Gilbert v Maguire who aren't regulars in the latter stages of the World Championship. It's all set up nicely!
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12212 on: April 29, 2024, 10:57:11 pm »
Annoying O'Sullivan & Trump are in the same half of the draw, that would have been a cracking final.
#Sausages

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12213 on: April 29, 2024, 11:00:36 pm »
Cracking from Higgins that.  Allen had his chances, but that final frame clearance, was something else.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12214 on: April 30, 2024, 07:57:12 am »
Judd Trump v Jak Jones

Wilson v Higgins probably the pick of the quarter finals, two top players in good form. You'd expect Trump to dispatch Jones relatively easily. Bingham v O'Sullivan could get interesting depending on what version of Ronnie turns up, but of course Ronnie beats anyone if he plays his best snooker. And it's a great opportunity for the winner of Gilbert v Maguire who aren't regulars in the latter stages of the World Championship. It's all set up nicely!

Genuinely can’t call the first match. I think Higgins might suffer fatigue after last night and Wilson is excellent form.

Looks like Trump and Ronnie advance though Jones and Bingham are solid enough to take advantage of errors.  Ronnie is definitely focussed but his long game isn’t there yet and he’s been missing a few with the rest you wouldn’t expect. Definitely not a formality that Ronnie wins the title.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12215 on: April 30, 2024, 09:15:18 am »
Although the snooker community seem to have done so, I’ve never forgiven Higgins for his part in the ‘sting’ of 2010.

You need to move on. That entire operation was a complete fabrication by the "Fake Sheikh" who would later be jailed for other various nefarious and illegal operations.

Basically the NOTW taped Higgins in two different conversations. One was strictly discussing the possibility of running an exhibition somewhere like Hong Kong and if he did, can they be arranged/fixed. Anyone who has watched an exhibition where a pro "throws" a game vs a kid or a disabled player will know what fixed means. Higgins said of course it could be. Then the next day they had another conversation about proper tournaments with no talk of rigging. The NOTW/Sheikh edited the two conversations together to make it look like Higgins would fix a ranking tournament.

I don't think anyone in this forum should need to be told which side to pick when the NOTW is on one half of it.

The same (& only) guy who is trying to shine a light on Man City's financial cheating has a very good report on it here which is must-reading for any snooker fan, especially those like me who until a week ago had a questionmark over Higgins.

https://sportingintelligence832.substack.com/p/headline-in-here-please

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12216 on: April 30, 2024, 09:55:58 am »
Judd Trump v Jak Jones

I've always been a fan of Maguire, hope he makes it through. It's probably the match I'm most looking forward to, 2 of the others could be pretty one sided and don't really like watching Wilson.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #12217 on: April 30, 2024, 09:57:58 am »
I was on the Si-Jones table in the morning session, that was pretty scrappy too. 3 occasions Si got 50+ up and lost the frame.
yeah Jones just kept him away most of the game

That was a belting match with Allen and Higgins

Imagine hitting a 67 break and losing the frame

Epic clearance from Higgins, he started with a double, if he missed that he was out as there was a red left over the pocket.

Allens comments after were very very classy
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #12218 on: April 30, 2024, 10:08:24 am »
The one night I couldn't watch, as well.

I've warmed to Allen a lot after thinking he seemed a bit of a prick.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12219 on: April 30, 2024, 10:09:25 am »
The double was crazy. I love snooker.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12220 on: April 30, 2024, 10:49:41 am »
Went to it Friday, we had unreal seats for the evening session, unfortunately it was the Gilbert-Milkins match so only one frame.

I liked Rob Walker I have to say, he really tried to get the crowd to make Milkins feel a bit better about himself but it was clear after missing a shot or two his head was gone altogether

The match with Si and Jak Jones was ok, got a bit scrappy, last frame went on a while and even Jones looked shattered. It was just as well I had gone back to my room for a nap earlier as I would have nodded off myself

But a fantastic experience. I would go back.

How did you get tickets? Want to take my mum for her 60th next year - but no idea where to start
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12221 on: April 30, 2024, 10:51:07 am »
How did you get tickets? Want to take my mum for her 60th next year - but no idea where to start

https://www.wst.tv/news/2024/april/12/2025-crucible-priority---register-now/

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #12223 on: April 30, 2024, 11:01:21 am »
I got tickets for the Masters right after the previous year's tournament and it was surprisingly easy to do, I assumed the London venues would sell out quicker. Didn't see Ken, though.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12224 on: April 30, 2024, 11:08:51 am »

Jones pinching two frames off Trump to lead 2-1. This could be interesting.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12225 on: April 30, 2024, 11:10:36 am »
You need to move on. That entire operation was a complete fabrication by the "Fake Sheikh" who would later be jailed for other various nefarious and illegal operations.

Basically the NOTW taped Higgins in two different conversations. One was strictly discussing the possibility of running an exhibition somewhere like Hong Kong and if he did, can they be arranged/fixed. Anyone who has watched an exhibition where a pro "throws" a game vs a kid or a disabled player will know what fixed means. Higgins said of course it could be. Then the next day they had another conversation about proper tournaments with no talk of rigging. The NOTW/Sheikh edited the two conversations together to make it look like Higgins would fix a ranking tournament.

I don't think anyone in this forum should need to be told which side to pick when the NOTW is on one half of it.

The same (& only) guy who is trying to shine a light on Man City's financial cheating has a very good report on it here which is must-reading for any snooker fan, especially those like me who until a week ago had a questionmark over Higgins.

Thanks for this. I had never seen a full explanation and it has certainly changed my mind.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12226 on: April 30, 2024, 12:03:00 pm »

Yeah I read that too and I've a bit more sympathy for him.

That clearance last night was brilliant too.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12227 on: April 30, 2024, 01:13:12 pm »

Thanks for this; as other posters have said, it shines a completely new light on the affair. I shall adjust my view accordingly😌
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12228 on: April 30, 2024, 03:16:32 pm »
Register on https://www.wst.tv/news/2024/january/22/2025-crucible-priority---register-now/

They will go on sale shortly after the tournament ends

Dont hang about

They sold out like hot cakes last year, looked all year and only tickets left for matches were £400 ones

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12229 on: April 30, 2024, 03:27:02 pm »
Ronnies looking rusty!

Online Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12230 on: April 30, 2024, 03:34:47 pm »
Ronnies looking rusty!

Pulled One Back

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12231 on: April 30, 2024, 03:47:01 pm »
Ronnies looking rusty!
yeah so sloppy

Jesus when you think notw were bad enough then you see this

Thanks for sharing

Online Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12232 on: April 30, 2024, 03:50:32 pm »
3-1 Now

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12233 on: April 30, 2024, 03:56:13 pm »
Stephen Hendry is brilliant on comms, really excellent.

Online Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #12234 on: April 30, 2024, 04:08:25 pm »

I've genuinely never seen explained in that way before - thanks for posting that

Whilst I respect that he continues to be a great competitor into his late 40's like Ronnie, I freely admit have always had a bit of a dislike of Higgins primarily because of the stench of that 'fake Sheikh scandal', and secondly due the fact that he's an Everton fan lol

“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #12235 on: April 30, 2024, 04:24:02 pm »
Stephen Hendry is brilliant on comms, really excellent.

Yeah, I’ve found myself warming to him as a commentator in a way I never thought I would 30 years ago as a Jimmy White fan.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12236 on: April 30, 2024, 04:41:11 pm »
Higgins on the board with a century

Wilson 4-1 Higgins

Career century number 994 for John Higgins. He's just six away from become the second player, after Ronnie O'Sullivan, to make 1,000 centuries.

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12237 on: April 30, 2024, 04:51:09 pm »
Mistakes galore in the O'Sullivan v Bingham match.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12238 on: April 30, 2024, 04:59:03 pm »

Another one to say thanks for posting this. Wasn't aware he was done like a kipper. Shouldn't be surprised with that rag involved though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12239 on: April 30, 2024, 07:43:43 pm »
The stuff with the hidden cameras in his hotel.room.

Jesus they didn't just try destroy his career. They could have ruined his whole life