32 (25.4%)
Murphy
4 (3.2%)
Robertson
27 (21.4%)
Allen
9 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Author Topic: The Snooker thread  (Read 656137 times)

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Snooker thread
« Reply #12400 on: May 4, 2024, 01:32:03 pm »
5 in a row for Jones

Bingham 9-13 Jones
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12401 on: May 4, 2024, 01:34:05 pm »
The funniest thing about this is how much it seems to wind up murphy

Always a bonus😜 The unfunniest thing is that there’s now a second group of coughers.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12402 on: May 4, 2024, 01:50:17 pm »
dreadful session of snooker really. if I'd had something else to do (or there'd have been anything else on) I wouldn't have watched that

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12403 on: May 4, 2024, 02:08:46 pm »
Ah do you know what, the pair of them are playing wretched snooker. I think both of them are quite happy to play shit on a stick snooker and drag it down. It's piss poor.

Compare and contrast to the high flying Wilson/Gilbert match. The two matches couldn't be further apart if they tried.

A shame that Wilson/Gilbert isn't the final and that one of them has to go out, Bingham and Jones deserve to be hounded out of Sheffield for this nonsense.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #12404 on: May 4, 2024, 04:23:11 pm »
I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to live snooker.

Going to The Crucible for the World Championships is on my sporting bucket list.

Trains to Sheffield will be quite cheap & hotels should be ok as well. It's the actual tickets for the tournament that I don't know how to go about getting.

I'm obviously. Registered already for the priority tickets tomorrow, would love a semi or final ticket but realistically getting 2-3 different sessions in the early part of the tournament might be easier to come by.  Can do a 3-4 day trip.

Is it better to look side-on or behind the table so Kop or Main Stand.

I don't have a particular affiliation to players & obviously draw not made for many months, it's a bit pot luck who u might see.

Any other pearls of wisdom about maximising my chances of getting good tickets?

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12405 on: May 4, 2024, 04:26:29 pm »
I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to live snooker.

Going to The Crucible for the World Championships is on my sporting bucket list.

Trains to Sheffield will be quite cheap & hotels should be ok as well. It's the actual tickets for the tournament that I don't know how to go about getting.

I'm obviously. Registered already for the priority tickets tomorrow, would love a semi or final ticket but realistically getting 2-3 different sessions in the early part of the tournament might be easier to come by.  Can do a 3-4 day trip.

Is it better to look side-on or behind the table so Kop or Main Stand.

I don't have a particular affiliation to players & obviously draw not made for many months, it's a bit pot luck who u might see.

Any other pearls of wisdom about maximising my chances of getting good tickets?

I've only been once but the crucible is so small that I don't think there's a 'bad' seat in there

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12406 on: May 4, 2024, 05:06:42 pm »
Ah do you know what, the pair of them are playing wretched snooker. I think both of them are quite happy to play shit on a stick snooker and drag it down. It's piss poor.

Compare and contrast to the high flying Wilson/Gilbert match. The two matches couldn't be further apart if they tried.

A shame that Wilson/Gilbert isn't the final and that one of them has to go out, Bingham and Jones deserve to be hounded out of Sheffield for this nonsense.

What an odd post. “hounded out of Sheffield”? They’re both trying to get to the final in the best way they know how. I may be in a minority, but I find the tactical stuff, and the slower play, absorbing; certainly an interesting antidote to the now usual clearance after clearance on generous tables.

Each to his own I suppose.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12407 on: May 4, 2024, 08:03:35 pm »
I can see this going to midnight and the exhausted winner being trounced by Wilson

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12408 on: May 4, 2024, 08:09:56 pm »

Ok then 😂
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12409 on: May 4, 2024, 08:27:19 pm »
complete and utter fuck up by bing there.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12410 on: May 4, 2024, 08:27:47 pm »
complete and utter fuck up by bing there.
Best shot of the tournament followed by the worst.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12411 on: May 4, 2024, 08:28:47 pm »
I can see this going to midnight and the exhausted winner being trounced by Wilson
My mate got 33-1 on Wilson before the tournament. He’s fuming it was only a fiver.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12412 on: May 4, 2024, 08:29:05 pm »
I think I've got more chance of winning this game right now than bing does.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12413 on: May 4, 2024, 08:37:18 pm »
Yeah binghams done. Ffs, what a waste of knocking out Ronnie.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #12414 on: May 4, 2024, 08:44:36 pm »
In any other sport you’d say the green that Bingham played was due to a betting spread . One of the worst shots I’ve seen at this level

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #12415 on: May 4, 2024, 08:49:34 pm »
Neil Robertson saying Jak Jones has a top 5 safety game of all time is some shout. For a man who makes even the Australian accent sound moribund, that’s a pretty outlandish shout.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12416 on: May 4, 2024, 08:51:44 pm »
Big ask for Ballrun now

Can't fault Jones' mentality here
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #12417 on: May 4, 2024, 08:52:05 pm »
I think I've got more chance of winning this game right now than bing does.

Chandler Bing plays snooker?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12418 on: May 4, 2024, 08:52:25 pm »
the poor ref.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12419 on: May 4, 2024, 08:53:42 pm »
Why the fuck, can’t they bring a little iPad out with a layered live image of the previous table so the ref can easily place the balls. I’ve been saying this all tournament and now look where we are

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12420 on: May 4, 2024, 08:55:49 pm »
Why the fuck, can’t they bring a little iPad out with a layered live image of the previous table so the ref can easily place the balls. I’ve been saying this all tournament and now look where we are

Where’s the fun in that?

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12421 on: May 4, 2024, 08:55:57 pm »
It's a good job they've started using the overhead (at long fucking last) to do these.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12422 on: May 4, 2024, 08:56:34 pm »
Where’s the fun in that?

I hope it happens again

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12423 on: May 4, 2024, 09:04:07 pm »
What an odd post. “hounded out of Sheffield”? They’re both trying to get to the final in the best way they know how. I may be in a minority, but I find the tactical stuff, and the slower play, absorbing; certainly an interesting antidote to the now usual clearance after clearance on generous tables.

Each to his own I suppose.

It's tongue in cheek, I don't really seriously think that! I love a safety battle but its exhausting for a full match, Bingham isn't doing himself any favours by missing ridiculous balls that even we could pot!

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12424 on: May 4, 2024, 09:05:09 pm »

Yeah, it's only fair on the refs. I'd have been an inarticulate mess in that situation, well played to both of the refs.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12425 on: May 4, 2024, 09:18:16 pm »
Attritional. 3 frames in 2 hours.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #12426 on: May 4, 2024, 09:20:57 pm »

Imagine if it was VAR doing it you would end up with 17 reds, three yellows and a purple.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 09:26:25 pm by Eeyore »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12427 on: May 4, 2024, 09:23:39 pm »
bing's break-building has died in this game. he's had a ton and no other breaks over 50 in the last 16 frames.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #12428 on: May 4, 2024, 09:27:19 pm »
bing's break-building has died in this game. he's had a ton and no other breaks over 50 in the last 16 frames.

The none elite players just aren't used to playing this number of frames day in day out.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12429 on: May 4, 2024, 09:31:36 pm »
The none elite players just aren't used to playing this number of frames day in day out.

this is the 3rd time bing's made the semis of this and he's won the tournament too.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #12430 on: May 4, 2024, 09:38:41 pm »
this is the 3rd time bing's made the semis of this and he's won the tournament too.

Yep, he’s an elite player when at his best, as witnessed by the win over O’Sullivan. He’s been in the doldrums, and like so many top players, has found it hard to get back to his very best. That’s a product of the sheer strength of the field now - there are players ranked outside the top 40-50, who are good enough to win major tournaments, certainly compared to a previous era.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #12431 on: May 4, 2024, 09:39:39 pm »

In the last two years though Bingham has reached 1 best of 11 semi-final and three best of 9 quarter-finals. The grind of playing session after session day after day gets to players. Especially when they are not used to doing it.

The really top players regularly get to the latter stages of the longer events.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 09:42:45 pm by Eeyore »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12432 on: May 4, 2024, 09:41:16 pm »
What has happened to Matthew Stevens? Thought he was class back in the day and he’s younger than some of the lads who’ve turned up.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #12433 on: May 4, 2024, 09:45:05 pm »
What has happened to Matthew Stevens? Thought he was class back in the day and he’s younger than some of the lads who’ve turned up.

Ran into money troubles, went bankrupt and then never recovered.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12434 on: May 4, 2024, 09:45:39 pm »

he was very good once. I'm not sure he was ever quite the same after his mate paul hunter died but that might have just been a concidental loss of form or something.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12435 on: May 4, 2024, 09:47:36 pm »
Thanks chaps. Really classy player.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12436 on: May 4, 2024, 09:49:58 pm »
Ran into money troubles, went bankrupt and then never recovered.

his loss of form was years before that. it's been well over 15 years since he was actually any good.

Online Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12437 on: May 4, 2024, 09:53:22 pm »
Good Start to this frame for Bingham

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #12438 on: May 4, 2024, 09:58:42 pm »
oh look bing's got in and missed again.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12439 on: May 4, 2024, 09:59:27 pm »
Wouldn’t it make sense to have a days rest for the final to make it more of a spectacle? I feel like the semis are usually epic and the finals a bit meh because they’re pooped.