Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4193953 times)

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #76120 on: Today at 04:52:09 pm »
This fight is all about the range that the majority of the fight takes place at, Usyk is one of the best mid-range fighters I've ever seen, the likes of Joshua and Dubois were not able to clinch him due to underated power and brilliant footwork that continually rotates the wrong way for an opponent and offsets them.

Because Usyk is able to fight at this range with very good head movement on top, it drains the absolute fuck out of opponents when they cannot break up the action with clinches, with the opponent over working himself to keep throwing punches because Usyk is always in range, the Bellew fight was s great example of this, Bellew fought well but by the 7th he was exhausted from Usyk always being in range.

The key for Fury is to ensure that the majority of the fight is not fought at mid range, he has use his reach and jab at long range and step back, or follow his right hand through into repeated clinching in terms of stop start action, taking the flow and the rhythm out of Usyks fight.  If Usyks footwork is good enough to avoid this repeated clinching and leaning then hes onto a winner.  If he cant, then for the 1st time in his career, Usyk may become the tired one.  Whoever gets their way with the range its fought at wins imo, Fury needs to avoid mid range punch exchanges and make this ugly.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #76121 on: Today at 05:37:17 pm »
It’s hard to judge how good Fury is right now as others have said he hasn’t fought anyone of note for 3 years.

He clearly has lots in his favour height/reach but I’m not sure on this time waits for no man.

He looks great but I’m with Froch on this will losing all that weight be his downfall ?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76122 on: Today at 06:23:51 pm »
It’s hard to judge how good Fury is right now as others have said he hasn’t fought anyone of note for 3 years.

He clearly has lots in his favour height/reach but I’m not sure on this time waits for no man.

He looks great but I’m with Froch on this will losing all that weight be his downfall ?
I think he has to come in light because of the pace that Usyk will fight at for 12 rounds.  I don't think he's going to be able to blast Usyk out like he did Wilder because Usyk has a much better chin and better stamina.

This is a really interesting fight although it might be one for the purists, particularly if Fury wins I think it will be by making it a bit of a stinker.

Offline KIFS

• Main Stander
  • Orcs must die!
« Reply #76123 on: Today at 06:54:44 pm »
Where will be the best place in town to watch this? Trying to avoid Concert Square and Matthew street.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76124 on: Today at 07:00:30 pm »
Where will be the best place in town to watch this? Trying to avoid Concert Square and Matthew street.

I was going to suggest Concert Square mate.  ;D

Best thnig to do is go to a mate or if you can order it. If there is one fight you should order on PPV it's the first Undisputed Heavyweight title fight in 25 years.

Offline KIFS

• Main Stander
  • Orcs must die!
« Reply #76125 on: Today at 07:25:46 pm »

Best thnig to do is go to a mate or if you can order it. If there is one fight you should order on PPV it's the first Undisputed Heavyweight title fight in 25 years.

I know mate. I wish that was an option, but sadly not. I believe the Denbigh is showing it, so that might be the best option.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #76126 on: Today at 07:41:28 pm »

Concert Square is deffo the right place if you want to watch a bit of Boxing windmilling on a Saturday night.
"Ohhh-kayyy"