Author Topic: Eurovision 2024 (May 11th, semis on the 7th/9th)  (Read 7923 times)

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Modern football is shit
Re: Eurovision 2024 (May 11th, semis on the 7th/9th)
« Reply #600 on: May 12, 2024, 08:32:56 pm »
Who has Bob signed off Eurovision then?

Nothing there for me. The two Estonian lads got home safely, and will be in England in August playing Shambala festival: despite Eurovision, they are in fact cool! My current roster does fine; our next shows in Liverpool just happen to be on consecutive nights in October, 9 & 10, both at the Tung. Gives me an excuse to be in town for a few days anyway; Eurovision it ain’t!

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: May 12, 2024, 08:38:32 pm »
We can all agree Estonia we're robbed.

Exactly.

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: May 12, 2024, 08:45:15 pm »
One reporter even openly victim-blamed her, asking her why she dared to endanger the other groups with her participation!

The question was “if,” not “why,” but I would concur that the tone was accusatory rather than genuinely enquiring.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #603 on: May 12, 2024, 09:22:51 pm »
Nothing there for me. The two Estonian lads got home safely, and will be in England in August playing Shambala festival: despite Eurovision, they are in fact cool! My current roster does fine; our next shows in Liverpool just happen to be on consecutive nights in October, 9 & 10, both at the Tung. Gives me an excuse to be in town for a few days anyway; Eurovision it ain’t!

I liked Estonia. I think they were one of the first 2-3 to reveal their song and from that initial batch it was my favourite, something a bit different with good energy on stage. They should be proud of the effort.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #604 on: May 12, 2024, 09:31:28 pm »
We can all agree Estonia we're robbed.
I actually liked the Estonia entry. I'm not going to rush out and buy their albums. But they are entertaining.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #605 on: May 12, 2024, 11:09:32 pm »
Not surprising in the slightest when you see posts from loads on here backing them in the news forum. That really surprised me. Delighted all the racists around Europe made them get top points, spent money on it and all for nothing.

Ireland gave them 10 points by the way. :D

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #606 on: May 12, 2024, 11:23:05 pm »
Was just thinking the same thing.

Just after I saw ya can’t take it seriously n all

Just glad Endo never entered a song. He’s not a Six Singer him

Fucking FSG. Any wonder Klopps fucking off?

Tries to sign Rambo Amadeus and gets Bucks Fizz

:lmao

P, fucking experts everywhere in here and in every topic - I’m the only thick c*nt in the gaff 😎 :lmao
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #607 on: May 13, 2024, 09:07:18 am »
:lmao

P, fucking experts everywhere in here and in every topic - I’m the only thick c*nt in the gaff 😎 :lmao
;D  Surprised someone hasnt pointed out hes Japanese and this is the EUROVISION song contest so hes not allowed to participate plus the fact there were better options anyway if were looking at a singer from Japan with better XK rating (thats expected K Pop chart position stats for you none nerds)

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #608 on: May 13, 2024, 09:17:04 am »
if were looking at a singer from Japan with better XK rating (thats expected K Pop chart position stats for you none nerds)

Um... what do you think the K in "K-Pop" stands for?

Google also tells me that J-Pop also exists, and "The main musical influences in J-Pop in general are rock and jazz, while Korean youth music is more influenced by electronic dance music and hip hop". I have no idea how true that is, but I expect fans of the genres can tell them apart instantly.

Incidentally there's also JK Pop, which is typically released as an incessant droning sound with transphobic lyrics.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #609 on: May 13, 2024, 09:27:26 am »
haha i fucking knew someone would be along with exactly that :lmao

Theres plenty of japanese acts in K POP ;D

See Chops ;D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #610 on: May 13, 2024, 09:33:35 am »
Funnily enough theres a girl band from japan called XG who are big in K POP

PARP

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #611 on: May 13, 2024, 11:06:45 am »
Um... what do you think the K in "K-Pop" stands for?

Google also tells me that J-Pop also exists, and "The main musical influences in J-Pop in general are rock and jazz, while Korean youth music is more influenced by electronic dance music and hip hop". I have no idea how true that is, but I expect fans of the genres can tell them apart instantly.

Incidentally there's also JK Pop, which is typically released as an incessant droning sound with transphobic lyrics.
I don't quite agree - but well done! ;D
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: May 13, 2024, 10:34:32 pm »
Ireland gave them 10 points by the way. :D
We are in Europe and it was very much expected. I don't believe there were any bots needed for them to get it.