Author Topic: Space exploration thread - Unexpected Rapid Disassembly in the launch area.  (Read 317126 times)

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
First time ever seeing it myself too, just outside Bolton.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I only got some static green blobs floating in the sky. I'm kinda jealous. Looks amazing in some photos in London, all purple shard like structures. :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
I only got some static green blobs floating in the sky. I'm kinda jealous. Looks amazing in some photos in London, all purple shard like structures. :(
Chin up! Even that’s infinitely more than I’ve ever seen…
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Chin up! Even that’s infinitely more than I’ve ever seen…

First time for me as well. Lucky I just happened to be up tonight! I went over to Prince's Park as it has no lights, but overall the light pollution in Liverpool is pretty bad. That's why I'm jealous of the London pictures!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Got a decent enough sight of it. My phone camera is shite though. Some pics from mates the other side of Belfast are incredible
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
First time for me as well. Lucky I just happened to be up tonight! I went over to Prince's Park as it has no lights, but overall the light pollution in Liverpool is pretty bad. That's why I'm jealous of the London pictures!
Well, I won't see shit in California... So,I'm envious even of your experience. ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Well, I won't see shit in California... So,I'm envious even of your experience. ;D

My buddy in Colorado just posted a video. There was talk of it being visible in Alabama  :o 😅

Popcorn's Art

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My buddy in Colorado just posted a video. There was talk of it being visible in Alabama  :o 😅
Even in Florida. But California is at the wrong diagonal of the aurora footprint.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Everyone should be able to see it tonight as well, turns your cameras to night setting to take a picture.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Everyone should be able to see it tonight as well, turns your cameras to night setting to take a picture.  :D
On digital cameras, go with a lens that has the maximum aperture opening (F1.2-F1.4). If you don't have anything in the background other than the lights (lake, buildings, etc.) that would work. If you do and care about that, go one click up for better sharpness. I use a prime 50mm NIKKOR F1.2 lens, the next f-stop is F2.0. If you do have other lights in the background, make sure they are less bright than the aurora. Set your ISO to the maximum level that you could accept noise. ISO 800 or 1600 would probably be the maximum I'd go with on my Nikon D750. That should be a good starting point. Use a timer! Put your camera on a tripod, or stabilize it (when I hike, I always find a backpack, a jacket, or something else to put underneath; works great with a timer. Shoot in RAW image format! This can gain you extra 2-3 clicks when you post-process the image before exporting a JPG in case the image is too dark. Play with the exposure time. I usually like longer exposures to improve noise reduction; two clicks up on exposure with two clicks down in ISO works for me.

These are individual preferences, not a professional advice, and those preferences may differ from a person to person. There are a few professional photographers among us who can weigh in with better advice if they venture in this thread. There is a nature thread and "best picture you've taken" thread where they linger. :)

Play with the settings and enjoy!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Thanks for the advice, farawayred.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
Too cloudy tonight.  Took a little drive to Delamere to try and escape the light pollution a bit but just a slight glow.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Got a decent enough sight of it. My phone camera is shite though. Some pics from mates the other side of Belfast are incredible

Went out to look on Sunday night to no avail.

However I did discover my phone has a night setting on the camera. Would've been useful on Saturday  :butt
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT