Author Topic: The Broadband Speed Pissing Contest  (Read 103979 times)

Offline Henry Gale

• Believer
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
Re: The Broadband Speed Pissing Contest
« Reply #1280 on: August 14, 2019, 01:04:49 PM »
Anyone on Vodafone broadband? seems quite cheap and have some good offers currently.

Any feedback on them?  :wave

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #1281 on: August 14, 2019, 02:14:19 PM »
Anyone on Vodafone broadband? seems quite cheap and have some good offers currently.

Any feedback on them?  :wave

Literally just changed to them. Was paying about 40 with EE but got the same speed of 67mbs download for about 27. Also got a free amazon echo plus and 100 gift voucher for M&S. Only had the broadband since Friday but so far it's been perfect. Usually have my PS4 connected to it, 2 phones, 2 Ipads and a firestick and it's been excellent.

Offline Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #1282 on: August 14, 2019, 02:43:00 PM »
That a 4G connection? Any download limit?

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #1283 on: August 14, 2019, 03:15:16 PM »
That a 4G connection? Any download limit?

Yep 4G connection and no download limit. Seems like it's only 23 now as well. Was a bit dubious about going with them after reading reviews online but I was told I could leave within 28 days if I wasn't happy and so far so good. Can't complain with that price.

Offline Henry Gale

• Believer
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #1284 on: August 14, 2019, 03:23:58 PM »
Literally just changed to them. Was paying about 40 with EE but got the same speed of 67mbs download for about 27. Also got a free amazon echo plus and 100 gift voucher for M&S. Only had the broadband since Friday but so far it's been perfect. Usually have my PS4 connected to it, 2 phones, 2 Ipads and a firestick and it's been excellent.

Oh brilliant, thanks for that mate. It's heartbreaking leaving Hyperoptic but least it's still fibre I guess. It is 23 now but no echo plus I don't think but still get a 100 gift voucher but I can choose M&S or Amazon.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Believer
« Reply #1285 on: August 29, 2019, 09:00:41 AM »
Oh brilliant, thanks for that mate. It's heartbreaking leaving Hyperoptic

I'm in exactly the same boat. Moving from town where we have Hyperoptic so somewhere that only offers Virgin or BT. Was very impressed with the Hyperoptic service, i'm concerned about speeds and reliability of these other 2 as i work from home and so does the missus - its critical for us.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline Claire.

• The Don. Giving it up for Lents. Too bright for most RAWK users. Getting antsy.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Believer
« Reply #1286 on: August 29, 2019, 09:35:31 AM »
I've worked from home using virgin media broadband since 2013, can't say I would question their reliability. Can only think of one occasion it's dropped out for more than an hour, and the small drop outs are few and far between.

They can be pricks like, but the service is good. I'm on the 350mb, speed is consistent.

The hub however is usually the source of arseache. I would recommend using wired connections depending on how many wifi connections there are near you.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 09:38:00 AM by Claire. »

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Believer
« Reply #1287 on: August 29, 2019, 10:28:49 AM »
I've worked from home using virgin media broadband since 2013, can't say I would question their reliability. Can only think of one occasion it's dropped out for more than an hour, and the small drop outs are few and far between.

They can be pricks like, but the service is good. I'm on the 350mb, speed is consistent.

The hub however is usually the source of arseache. I would recommend using wired connections depending on how many wifi connections there are near you.

Thanks Claire.

I currently have a very good Netgear router (Nighthawk i think it is) so was planning on routing all wireless traffic from that.

Its a new estate, and i believe the only options are BT or Virgin. We had a nightmare with BT a few years back which has put my right off them.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Believer
« Reply #1288 on: September 4, 2019, 10:53:38 AM »
Looks like virgin it is then! Going with the 'M350' package.
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #1289 on: September 4, 2019, 04:23:27 PM »
Looks like virgin it is then! Going with the 'M350' package.

Try and get yourself a friend and family recommendations

50 off their your bill and 50 of theirs as well. Don't mind giving you one if you want

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1290 on: September 4, 2019, 05:02:24 PM »
Try and get yourself a friend and family recommendations

50 off their your bill and 50 of theirs as well. Don't mind giving you one if you want

Does he still get the friend and family recommendation? ;D